Awoo.

Skullgirls! 2ND Encore! Latest: Robo Fortune and a freaking train stage you heathens

LunarEdge

No 2D fighter. I just played Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm the other day which lets you do that.

...Ultimate Ninja storm isn't a 2D fighter, its a cell shaded 3D arena type fighter

I don't really like triple supers for the other reason that usually whenever you do them two of the supers will actually hit whilst the third character will shoot up in the air or something unless you've chosen just the right assists. Useless mechanic IMO unless you're feeling lazy and want free damage

TvC made team supers really cool, primarily because there were a lot of really slow supers that you could only connect with if you did a fast super at the same time. Of course, no one ever did that because the mega crush was too important and took two bars, and without it one hit could lead to loosing a character.

• Thumbs Up 1

TvC made team supers really cool, primarily because there were a lot of really slow supers that you could only connect with if you did a fast super at the same time. Of course, no one ever did that because the mega crush was too important and took two bars, and without it one hit could lead to loosing a character.

I remember having fun chaining Volnutt and Frank beam supers, that was pretty awesome even if it did really small damages.

I never understood how to play tvc anyway lol.

Right. I've heard amazing things about this game, and I'm not exactly in a position to look things up or download the demo.

I would like someone to summarize the game and give me a reason to buy it, please.

From what I've seen, it's pretty interesting.

Dat art style

because the music is THAT good

i think i love Jazz forever now.

:edit: Cola, just buy the game and stop lurking in this thread.

Edited by Peacock

because the music is THAT good

i think i love Jazz forever now.

:edit: Cola, just buy the game and stop lurking in this thread.

I'll have to wait until next month.

It's my birthday then, and I'm broke now. I feel rather disappointed.

Right. I've heard amazing things about this game, and I'm not exactly in a position to look things up or download the demo.

I would like someone to summarize the game and give me a reason to buy it, please.

From what I've seen, it's pretty interesting.

Dat art style

Because it's possibly the most balanced and entertaining fighter out there. Great online, very few bugs, made by fighting game players that will listen their customers and judge if they should patch stuff or not, great art, and more importantly:

Boobs.

I finally got around to playing it...

But my first impression is that it's nothing special...even the art style doesn't make me jump out in excitement, and given my love of unique art styles I would've thought I'd like it. I dunno...they gave the characters voices, it would've been nice to have voice acting in the story mode at least...and perhaps it's too weird for my taste, I mean...what the heck is that "Double" character supposed to be?? And what where they smoking when they created her?

Plus most of the game play elements have been done before, 3 on 3, tagging in and out, boosting forward in the air and doing a higher jump...countering a throw with a throw...

But maybe that's part of it's charm, it was made by fighting game fans right? I just thought they probably should have had more characters with the 3 on 3 mode on there.

Don't get me wrong...I had a bad day yesterday, I'm feeling pretty depressed, so I'm not sure if I'm even capable of liking anything at the moment. And I do plan to dig deeper into the game and see what else it has to offer.

But it takes more then breasts and ridiculously short skirts to get me interested in something...and I don't mean that in a dirty way if any of you are thinking it, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

I finally got around to playing it... But my first impression is that it's nothing special...even the art style doesn't make me jump out in excitement, and given my love of unique art styles I would've thought I'd like it. I dunno...they gave the characters voices, it would've been nice to have voice acting in the story mode at least...and perhaps it's too weird for my taste, I mean...what the heck is that "Double" character supposed to be?? And what where they smoking when they created her? Plus most of the game play elements have been done before, 3 on 3, tagging in and out, boosting forward in the air and doing a higher jump...countering a throw with a throw... But maybe that's part of it's charm, it was made by fighting game fans right? I just thought they probably should have had more characters with the 3 on 3 mode on there. Don't get me wrong...I had a bad day yesterday, I'm feeling pretty depressed, so I'm not sure if I'm even capable of liking anything at the moment. And I do plan to dig deeper into the game and see what else it has to offer. But it takes more then breasts and ridiculously short skirts to get me interested in something...and I don't mean that in a dirty way if any of you are thinking it, and you should be ashamed of yourself!

Story mode doesn't have voices because it costs much more to have voices than making art, remember that the game wasn't made by a big company (like capcom). I also have no idea what the heck is double supposed to be too.

Remember that Mike Z(creator of the game) and his team didn't want to give new stuff in a fighting game, they wanted to take the stuff that was good from other fighting games (mvc2 and sf3.3 being probably their best source of inspiration) and make it better, balanced and fun to watch/play. They never intended to make a new fighting game engine where you could break stuff in the stage or crap like that.

And characters have some depth(just do their story mode, see how they talk to each other at the beginning/ending of a match...), I'm not in just for the mini skirts stuff, I'm mostly here for the gameplay and because the art is great.

Story mode doesn't have voices because it costs much more to have voices than making art, remember that the game wasn't made by a big company (like capcom). I also have no idea what the heck is double supposed to be too.

Remember that Mike Z(creator of the game) and his team didn't want to give new stuff in a fighting game, they wanted to take the stuff that was good from other fighting games (mvc2 and sf3.3 being probably their best source of inspiration) and make it better, balanced and fun to watch/play. They never intended to make a new fighting game engine where you could break stuff in the stage or crap like that.

And characters have some depth(just do their story mode, see how they talk to each other at the beginning/ending of a match...), I'm not in just for the mini skirts stuff, I'm mostly here for the gameplay and because the art is great.

I didn't mean to imply that you are only interested in the game for the mini skirts. And the information you provided has spread new light on the subject for me, as I can't really keep track of developers comments and inspirations...and I forgot about the whole cost issue.

I remember reading sometime ago, about how it costs more to create video games because of the main consoles constant heavy advancements.

I also notice some appreciation for the soundtrack on the game. But I failed to notice anything like that myself...I think my mind must have been someplace else when I was playing it. I am very distracted at the moment...I do remember being beaten up by the zombie cat girl a lot though...

And I do like the crazy hair girls victory animation, when her hair stands up straight and she's in the air, floping about like a flag in the wind with a goofy expression on her face. I've only played the game once for about 30 minutes or so...I haven't yet learned the characters names yet. Except for Double, who sticks into my mind because of her sheer creepiness...lol

To be honest, with the way this game plays it could look like Cho Aniki and I'd still play it, the tits and miniskirts are pretty minor compared to how much damn fun I have with the fighting/combo systems.

Agree that it could use more characters, but so could every fighting game, really.

its official, the game has Sold 50K units over 10 days, making it the second most purchased game to Fez, this is excellent news because they're already working on patching things in the new update, whats even more great news is the EU PSN release hasn't even aided this, and when it is released in May, it'll only add to the total grossing even more.

its doing well guys, DLC in the future is looking more and more of a reality.

can't wait to the see the art gallery!

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, with the way this crap plays it could look like Cho Aniki and I'd still play it, the tits and miniskirts are a side thingy to have much damn fun I have with the fighting/combo systems.

Agree that it could use more characters, but so could every fighting game, really.

I rather like the small roster or at least starting with a small roster. Gives for balanced gameplay and less oversights. Games with "more" characters like MvC2/3 have seen a number of problems due to bad programming and huge roster, easy to oversight a lot of glitches and such per character.

But my first impression is that it's nothing special

Out of curiosity... do you play fighting games on a daily basis? Or at least a bit more than other games? I've been playing them since SF2 and been involved in the FGC quite a bit, SG is a big improvement on everything that made fighting games good throughout the years. Any fan of fighting games or someone who participates in the FGC will appreciate what SG has to offer.

Edited by LunarEdge
  • Thumbs Up 1

I rather like the small roster or at least starting with a small roster. Gives for balanced gameplay and less oversights. Games with "more" characters like MvC2/3 have seen a number of problems due to bad programming and huge roster, easy to oversight a lot of glitches and such per character.

Huge roster in mvc2? I have no idea what you're talking about, the only characters in this game were Magneto, Sentinel, Storm, Strider, Doom, Cable, Iron Man and Captain commando as an assist.

Oh

wait.

I forgot the game had more characters than those guys :<.

Edited by Boodendorf
  • Thumbs Up 2

Out of curiosity... do you play fighting games on a daily basis? Or at least a bit more than other games? I've been playing them since SF2 and been involved in the FGC quite a bit, SG is a big improvement on everything that made fighting games good throughout the years. Any fan of fighting games or someone who participates in the FGC will appreciate what SG has to offer.

I think SF2 was my very first fighting game experience too. And I am a fan of the genre, even though I'm not very good at them. ^-^

I fail to notice stuff like well balanced characters and things like that...

I guess you could say I am a fan of fighting games, but not a hardcore fan?

There's lots of franchises I've been played over the years. I'm bored so I'll list them in a spoiler tag.

• Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • King of Fighters
  • Dead or Alive
  • Soul Calibur
  • Super Smash Bros
  • Arcana Hearts
  • Jump Super Stars
  • Marvel Vs Capcom
  • Capcom Vs Tatsunoko
  • Capcom Vs SNK
  • BlazBlue
  • Guilty Gear

I've been meaning to try Tekken, but I keep forgetting.

O okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the honest answer, was just a bit curious.

Well...I'm officially addicted. I take back everything I said before.

I only wish the move list was available through the pause menu like most other fighters. Instead you have to download a PDF from the official website. It's kinda a pain...

And even though I have it on the easiest difficulty setting, Ms. Fortune consistently beats the tar out of me, no matter who I play as. @_@

I also couldn't help but recognise some of the colour palettes the characters have that form the colours of other well known characters. Like Filia having the colours of Hatsune Miku and Ms Fortune having the colours of Morrigan Aensland for example. I'm glad Peacock has a black and white colour palette too. I would've been disappointed if she didn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm happy for you Dan, don't worry about the movelist you'll know them by heart in a day anyway lol.

Also I just did a combo video, enjoy:

• Thumbs Up 1

i always use Peacock's monochrome palette, and Kneesocks for Parasoul.

i've gotten quite good at it now, finally can beat Marie without dying most times thanks to the tips from Carbo about her skull flashing red when she's about to attack, and getting the blocking down to a T

getting good with Parasoul and her napalm traps, and Cerebella... i love the air move where if you time it right, she takes off Vice Versa and puts it on her opponent, then Vice Versa immediately lays the smack down on them haha brilliant

also just beat someone online with Peacock's 3rd blockbuster move "Goodfellas"

priceless.

• Thumbs Up 3