Awoo.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Patticus

Gyakuten Kenji 2 has been announced. Here follow some links of interest (beware of spoilers!):

TRAILER:

FAMITSU SCANS (courtesy of Court Records):

2a7aakn.jpg

b5o22s.jpg

ohtm3t.jpg

2q8ym8k.jpg

---

Captivate '09 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3G1wJ_3Wgw

New Information

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is due out for DS this winter, and spins off from the traditional courtroom battling to solving crimes on the street.

Players control Edgeworth - a series regular - with an emphasis on puzzle-solving using the new "logic mode" to combine evidence and confront suspects.

You'll control Edgeworth's movements directly with d-pad or stylus across "several lengthy episodes". [inlinespoiler]In the first, Edgeworth discovers a body in his office and is then threatened by a man with a gun. In the second, he finds a corpse on an aeroplane and somehow winds up as a suspect himself.[/inlinespoiler]

Footage shown confirmed that Gumshoe and other familiar characters also feature, and said something about an "evil plot silently unfolding in the darkness". Get some.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-ace-...rney-and-motogp

New Screenshots

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ace-atto...eenshot-gallery

At first, it seemed to me to be a disappointing move that they dropped the name 'Perfect Prosecutor', but then after some thought (and having it pointed out to me that PP was an unofficial game given by someone on NeoGAF) it started to make sense... you see, in Japan, the game is part of the Turnabout series (Turnabout Court -> Turnabout Prosecutor). Cutting ties entirely with the Ace Attorney series name would just be a bad marketing move, so it's understandable why they've kept it the same. It would be like calling that new Halo 3 game just Recon or ODST. We would all know what it is, but most people may very well not make the connection.

Anyway yeah, this game looks absolutely terrific, and the EUREKA!! was such an unexpected-yet-great moment. I also really ought to get Apollo Justice.

Definitely looking forward to this and I too shared the whole theory on it being a bad move at first. I'm almost done with Trials and Tribulations and will then move on to Apollo Justice. I love Miles Edgeworth as a character so playing as him will be interesting. Yeah the Eureka thing was a shock, think it will take a while to get over that. I'll definitely be shouting that into the DS mic for a laugh when I get the game :lol:

Detective Gumshoe is my favorite Ace Attorney character, so seeing him playing such a prominent role here definitely makes me happy.

I've been looking forward to this game for a while, and I'm interested in what style the game will be written in. This is supposedly supposed to take place in between Justice For All and segueing into Trials and Tribulations (ie. When the overarching story becomes Win); so I really, really hope that they don't repeat the awful mess that was the story of Apollo Justice.

I liked Apollo Justice's story <_< anyways, I am definitely looking forward to this game....there isn't really much else to be said that hasn't been said, so I'll leave it at that.

I love every game in the series. Really looking forward to this, although I don't really like the name "Ace Attorney: Investigations". I can understand why they did it though, they want it under the same brand.

"Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney" though? It's kinda an Oxymoron huh? Well, you know what I mean...

Anyway, it's set between T&T and AJ, and it's looking awesome. I might have to import it from the US; since it'll probably take over a year to get to UK *coughT&Tcough*

It's set between TaT and AJ.

Which makes it all the more important to do it right. Those massive characterization holes that AJ was littered with would not be appreciated.

Edited by Tornado

Those massive non-existant characterization holes that AJ was littered with would not be appreciated.

Fixed.

But seriously, I'm in the camp of people who thought AJ made perfect sense. 7 years like that would turn anyone into a bit of a jerk. Not only that, I don't understand why gamers hate unhappy endings. As soon as I saw the ending for TaT I immediately thought 'That'll never last, new game or not' and I turned out to be right. They hated Fallout 3, and now they hate AJ just because the character whose life went to shit didn't get it all back again at the end. He isn't fecking Job! Things take time to come back together.

Besides, in my view I prefer for dark things to happen, but that's because of all the books I've read. Half of those people would never get through the classics, because they'd stop half way through Wuthering Heights and go 'WTF? Healthcliff and Cathy should've been together, this book is crap'

One word replies count as spam, do they not? - D

<Depends if you discount quotes from the limit. But from the looks of it, SSMB does, so I'll just bulk the post out a bit more. -Gerk>

Edited by Skullivan Gerk

"Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney" though? It's kinda an Oxymoron huh? Well, you know what I mean...

A prosecutor is technically a type of attorney, so not really.

A prosecutor is technically a type of attorney, so not really.

My mistake. I always thought Attorney = Defense and Prosecutor = Offense. Guess it makes sense afterall xD

Personally I don't think AJ was done badly at all... the only thing I'm concerned about is what happened to Maya between T&T and Phoenix's last case, not to mention what happened to Edgeworth, Gumshoe and Franziska. Other than that I loved the new cast of characters (Trucy =D) and I thought the ending was perfectly happy. Infact, what do you mean Skullivan? Seemed to me like everything went according to Phoenix's plan.

I love the new girl: Mikumo >3

I played the demo, but everything was in japanese so i understand nothing (despite having a guide lolol). I think it can be a pretty good game. I´ll play it.

Fixed.

Hardly.

But seriously, I'm in the camp of people who thought AJ made perfect sense. 7 years like that would turn anyone into a bit of a jerk. Not only that, I don't understand why gamers hate unhappy endings.

The ending of TaT was far sadder than the one of AJ. The problems with AJ has nothing to do with how the story ends, or even the story itself, really. It has to do with characters acting (or, in some very notable cases, not acting at all) in ways that any understanding of the previous 3 games would dictate as being ridiculous. The reason to fourth game has such a broken base is almost entirely due to characterization problems rather than themes or plot of the story, because the story as it was presented in AJ simply does not make sense.

Personally, I enjoyed AJ until I began thinking about what actually happened over the course of the game.

Edited by Tornado

But how they act depends on the way you interpret it, surely? That's what I think the broken base comes from, that a lot of people had this idea of Pixie Nick in their minds, and then AJ comes along like a torpedo and shows everyone that Nick was always a bit of a Jerk.

Heck, I think every character in this series is a git in one way or another, and I thought this way before AJ came out. XD So I guess, this is all based on how I interpret it too. Broken bases happen when two groups of people disagree, and most of the time neither side is right or wrong. Except the one I support of course

But how they act depends on the way you interpret it, surely? That's what I think the broken base comes from, that a lot of people had this idea of Pixie Nick in their minds, and then AJ comes along like a torpedo and shows everyone that Nick was always a bit of a Jerk.

Even if everyone did think it to be true, "bit of a jerk" does little to explain Phoenix's actions if you really think about some of them. The more major problems with AJ ascend mere alternative character interpretations, instead diving deep into not making any sense no matter how you look at the situation. And that's ignoring the problems with other characters (though the lack of backstory is largely why other character's actions make no sense). I don't have a problem with the game not having been about Phoenix like many do (though I will admit that my original problems were for that very reason). I have a problem with how that is presented.

Edited by Tornado

Well, this is a topic where we can discuss such things, unless of course Pat or one of the other mods finds it too off-topic. It's within the same series anyway. XD

That's largely the reason that I'm being vague. I'm not sure if such a discussion would be on topic enough.

If we don't have enough on Edgeworth's game to maintain a discussion on that, feel free to discuss other games in the Ace Attorney series, but I expect you to go back on-topic when new information and the like emerges. If you don't, I may have to go Franziska on yo asses.

Edgeworth:" Now I believe the criminal escaped......through there!!" (Everyone points in a different direction) That was hilarious.

I just finished Apollo Justice and T&T, and followed the previous two games through videos when I was sick one day. Definitely a great series, I'm looking forward to this as well, and being that Franziska is also set to appear, I'm expecting great things to occur.

*watches trailer 6 more times*

Also, another thing I want to add...

x455xe.jpg

Edited by Jetronic

x455xe.jpg

Fuck, Edgeworth's being mugged by a mannequin. The plot twists just keep coming, don't they?

• 2 weeks later...

....EMA! She looks so awesome =D Fuck year!

Still though, I wonder if the creative director for this can actually make new characters? O:

Edited by SuperLink

... When does this game take place, again? Because Emma looks like her AJ appearence.

Also, returning characters = win.