Awoo.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Patticus

... When does this game take place, again? Because Emma looks like her AJ appearence.

Also, returning characters = win.

Roughly around the time of T&T.

FUCK YEAH! EMA AND MEEKINS!

and Maggey... too....

Ema looks more like her PW1 look. Maybe she's in the midst of Digivolving into detective Ema! O:

That Blue Badger would give me nightmares, if I actually ever remembered my dreams. It could just eat up your soul at any moment.

Ema looks happy, contented and excited. So from the looks of it this is

Before she flunked her CSI test and got shunted into the detective's office, turning her moderately bitter

. How refreshing. :) (and her hat rocks). Glad to see Meekins too, and Maggey is adorable. ^_^

Poor Ema :( Either all these characters moved away or Edgey is still in the area of the first 3 games and Ema is back. This makes me wonder if we'll ever see Phoenix, or maybe even Maya?

Oh, and I hope Ema is more cheery in the inevitable AJ2.

• 3 months later...

"However, I prefer to keep it in my pocket?" Shit, gotta whip that thing out and show it to everyone in the game. Twice.

Edited by Tornado

• 2 months later...

FLASH DEMO UP!

And It's on Gamestop, investigate

, and CONFRONT Portsman!

Capcom's Blog

Here's a treat for all you Ace Attorney fans out there (and for people who may have never tried out the series): Gamespot currently has a en exclusive flash demo of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth that gives you a good taste of what to expect from the game when it launches next February.

As mentioned before, if you're new to the entire franchise, please be sure to check it out to see what everyone is talking about. After all, it's free!

As an added bonus, tell us what you think in the comments and you can win some free Ace Attorney posters! We'll be randomly selecting comments for prizes!

Also the demo can also be downloaded here , but I can't seem to get it up and running from there. So just go to the gamestop link, play the demo, and then read the blog  on Capcom Unity :3

• 2 months later...

You guys better be fucking excited because this game is being released the day after tomorrow. Will post pics!!

To celebrate I'm encouraging you all to marathon the Phoenix Wright Wax Philosophical Power Hour. BE THERE.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm thinking that I might go buy a new DS just to play this (and I suppose Heart Gold, but that is in the future). I ultimately decided against pre-ordering it, but I'm gonna pick it up Day Of regardless.

Zomfg u guise, I've already pre-ordered it and it'll arrive on the 22nd or something stupid like that. It was half the usual RRP, but yeah, ordering online sucks sometimes.

In any case I really can't wait. I ordered 6 games on Sunday and AAI is easily the one I'm most excited about. It's been so long since Apollo came out :/

I'll just buy from ASDA on launch day, they're awesome for that. Usually have games a good £5 cheaper than most other places.

Looking forward to this, shame I have work from 12-7PM on the day of release. D:

I lol'd at meekins, I'm really interested to see how this games story will unfold. I've only played the first Phoenix Wright game, but it was enough to get me hooked. I'm waiting with high anticipation for this. I really hope they bring back the "Cough Up Queen".

-Iceman

I usually don't get super pumped for games before release no matter how big of a fan of the series I am (and I'm a pretty big ace attorney fan), yet even I am getting that ever so tingly feeling about this right now.

Also I'm going to lose Jake to this game ):

Easily solution, we cut myself in half and you get to keep the top or the bottom. If you're really greedy you can just cut off my elbow, and my severed elbow will play AAI.

Fucking A, all of the game stores near me don't stock it until tomorrow!!

IT'S OUT IN THE EU ON FRIDAY

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY

... *ahem*

No, I haven't been waiting for this game for over nine months. What are you talking about?

No, I'm not more excited for this release than I have been for any game in years. No, sir.

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY friday...

• Thumbs Up 2

Fuck yes mom picked it up at Gamestop for me! No sleep for me tonight!

Review sites have been giving it 8s, but I want to finish the game before reading any reviews.

Edited by Tornado

Game get.

I'm so happy that I have a splitting headache from playing this game for only an hour because my sheer excitement is itching to burst from my skull.

I'm currently right at the end of the 2nd case.

I really like the redrawn artwork. I'm not saying that I expected Capcom to just reuse the art from the first three games, but I'm not actually sure what I was expecting. And I really like the perspective of this game. I think it is much better than the "sort of first person" stuff from the other games. I also hope that the next "main" game uses the investigation system from this game instead of the old style. The 3D evidence viewer also seems to be more technically impressive than in the past as well. I also like how Capcom resisted making any of the controls stylus only.

Some problems: The investigation sequences, while exactly 7 million times better than they used to be, still end up dragging a little bit at the end. And, while I know it wasn't the point of this game, the lack of the actual trial bits make the investigations seem a bit anti-climactic. Finally, I wish they hadn't retained the evidence presentation system from Apollo Justice, because that was something that I still feel was done better in the first three games.

Edited by Tornado

I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets a sequel, though I'd rather see Apollo get his just desserts in Gyakuten Saiban 5 before seeing more of this. But Ace Attorney is always good in the hood.

In addition to all of the other stuff outlined above, I will say that the game seems like it will take quite a while to actually play through. Took me about 7 hours to get where I am in the second case.

I hate you all.

Of course I'm totally happy that my game won't arrive until next week at the earliest.

;-;

Stupid half price-ness....

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, don't start case 3 before you go to bed. Literally gave me a fucking nightmare.

If I may ask...why?

It's because of Wendy Isn't it?

Doot doo doo...

3attack.gif

What the...? Those eyes...

3attack2.gif

*screams*

Oh fuck!

3attack3.gif

Turn around, Edgeworth! Turn around!

Edited by Tornado