Awoo.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Patticus

And am I the only one who liked the last case, despite messing up on it a lot? In particular the ending of it, trying to pin the guy anyway possible, and all the supporting characters come to save the day. Although I'm sure this happened in other games, I think it was this game that went out of it's way to include more saves from the rest of the cast than the others, making it feel awesome for me.

Ah well, that's just me.

I liked the last case, a lot, probably more than the fourth case (just less exciting overall)

I just think the way the end dragged on was completely unnecessary, and too overdone, it almost made it seem like a parody of the other AA games. At one point I found it hard to keep taking it seriously, because I knew "after this testimony is over, he's going to try and leave, then someone ELSE will say "Hold It!", then everyone will be "shocked" despite it happening 3 times already, and then repeat this another 2 times.

It may have been awesome if it were a parody, but when it's meant to accompany the main series games as a serious entry, it's just a little forced.

I can't imagine Capcom not making a sequel to this game. I just honestly hope that GS5 (if it is ever finished, let alone given another announcement) still focuses on Apollo, because I have this nagging feeling that Capcom is going to switch tracks with yet another lawyer, or just stick with AAI.

I can't imagine Capcom not making a sequel to this game. I just honestly hope that GS5 (if it is ever finished, let alone given another announcement) still focuses on Apollo, because I have this nagging feeling that Capcom is going to switch tracks with yet another lawyer, or just stick with AAI.

They can't forget Apollo and Trucy, their story has only just begun!! :unsure:

If Capcom do that I'm gonna be very mad.

There will definitely be an AAI2 though, but I assume they'll be made by different teams.

• 6 months later...

Currently crying at the fact they would rather make side-games with questionable canonicity and plot pacing than GS5.

Interesting. Off to CR I go for more details.

Regarding the main series, there was an interview that highlighted this issue a while back.

This was discussed at length.

The short version is that because Takumi has moved on to Ghost Trick (which looks set to be all kinds of badass) whatever will come of the Ace Attorney franchise from now on will have nothing to do with its original creator unless Takumi changes his mind down the line.

EDIT: Fixed busted link.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

Ace Attorney Investigations 2?

BADGER SEQUEL GET!

Looking forward to this one a lot, the first one was so much win.

Edited by Spin

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks this, but I find all of the appeal in Edgeworth to be totally lost when Phoenix isn't around. What makes him interesting is the chemistry he shares (ohohoho) with Phoenix. Take Phoenix out of the picture, and Edgeworth's zest seems to be all but gone. Ace Attorney Investigations pretty much confirmed my expectations of solo Edgeworth, and I much prefer seeing the two working together (or against each other) than split apart.

• Thumbs Up 1

1267268144448.jpg

I'll be frank: I don't care about the post-GS4 adventures of Apollo and Trucy. Not because I'm one of those "I want Phoenix for GS5!" crazies. Mostly because I found the last two cases of GS4 so mind-bogglingly stupid that I don't see how the series even could progress in a way that made any sense.

But I loved AAI. And if Capcom can do that, but quicken up the pace a bit (the last case just dragged on and on and on and on and on), I would be crazy happy. Especially if they figured out a way to do legitimate courtroom scenes and actual Phoenix playing rather than the huge teases that they did in the original AAI.

Edited by Tornado

I'll be frank: I don't care about the post-GS4 adventures of Apollo and Trucy. Not because I'm one of those "I want Phoenix for GS5!" crazies. Mostly because I found the last two cases of GS4 so mind-bogglingly stupid that I don't see how the series even could progress in a way that made any sense.

The reason for me initially feeling this when finishing GS4 was the fact that it didnt occur to me before; Phoenix was just there hogging all the spotlight. It wasn't about Apollo; it was about him. Only the third case was remotely going along its own accord. If everything was going on its own without him in the picture the game could have been more promising and memorable, and Apollo wouldn't have had to feel like some plotline vehicle. When I look back at Apollo's character, he feels like a genuinely cool character, much like Phoenix used to be himself.

Props for them taking it that way with Phoenix though. It was ballsy, and it was a really cool development choice. But I still hope for a GS5 which really focuses on Apollo and his own crew, if only to not to have all that work go to waste. That and GS5 would probably take a big leap forward when it comes to the game's concept if it would have carried over The Jurist System.

Or just give me a Scientific Investigator: Ema Skye and I'll be happy.

Anyway I loved AAI. This is good news for me. Even though the last case dragged on way too much, they got a lot of potential for this.

Also I suggest this be an Ace Attorney General thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

I honestly have never understood all the hate for AJ, or all the love for AAI. AAI seemed to be missing something, maybe it was because there was less variation in the gameplay to usual?

Phoenix' story is over, but as long as AAI keeps being done instead of AA, the series plotline will never progress. I'll be stuck in a sidestory that has little to no impact on the main games.

Oh yeah I loved AAI, don't get me wrong.

But rather than satisfy my hunger for more Ace Attorney, it felt like an appetiser for the main course (AA5)

But rather than satisfy my hunger for more Ace Attorney, it felt like an appetiser for the main course (AA5)

I feel awkward saying that I actually like the appetizers more than I like the main course. Get me sampler that has a little bit of everything and I'm happy. That being said, I am definitely pumped for an AAI sequel, especially if it contains some more Phoenix Wright that isn't a small insignificant cameo that hardly anyone would find.

Capcom can do that, but quicken up the pace a bit (the last case just dragged on and on and on and on and on)

So much yes.

While I'll never like either Apollo Justice or Ace Attorney Investigations as much as the original three, Investigations comes close.

And if they were to speed it up a tad, then I'd be all for a new one. As long as it doesn't mean that Phoenix has been forgotten and never stars in a game again.

Everyone needs to chill about GS5. Takumi not being there isn't really that big a deal in some ways, since the AAI guys could easily move onto it when they want to. (And they have said that they'd like to, though it's nowhere near a confirmation).

Ace Attorney Investigations 2, huh?

..I guess I should probably grab a copy of the first game now. I heard it was one of the better entries in the Ace Attorney series.

It's better than Apollo Justice and an overall great game, cant say I like it more than the trilogy though. Unlike the other games were you'd work with all sorts of different cases with some holding subtle hints that would eventually explode into a supermassive finale, AAI really just focuses on one single "major" case throughout the game. It doesn't really keep you on the edge as often.

I think that was pretty much my only problem with the game though, and the fact that it was a bit easier than usual due to Edgeworth's inner monologue. I quite love the man's thinking but still.

Edited by Columind

Story

Because the last game focused more on Kay and her drama, the creators claim that GK2 will focus more on

Gumshoe! Gumshoe!!

Edgeworth

YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

• Thumbs Up 3

That is actually a pretty odd decision to make. We knew more about Edgeworth's backstory after the original trilogy than we knew about Phoenix himself, so such a focus seems a bit unnecessary. Also, we do NEED MOAR GUMSHOE,

I'm happy they've decided to continue the games. After I heard the creator had moved on to Ghost Trick, I thought it was over. Still, I'm a bit sad they gave it to Edgy again. Just means we're gonna get more Oldbag. At least let the man in the blue suit appear. Or have maybe Maya cause I miss her :-(

Maya is acceptable but if I'd have to see one character from the Ace Attorney series again its Phoenix. I know, I've been talking alot about him needing to pass on the torch, but that was more criticizing his role in Apollo, and seriously we have not seen him be.. him in three years. I never personally had anything against seeing him do the things he does best, especially in a game where his existence holds some better merit.

If this game is supposed to be more about Edgeworth himself then I have a feeling he definitely will be in there somewhere.