Awoo.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Patticus

Or they'll just be retarded and only give Phoenix passing mentions as "that guy". Would it have killed the AAI writers to say his name at least once in the script? They way the characters talked about him was so fucking awkward!

• Thumbs Up 3

I always thought that was weird as shit. I kept thinking that they were leading it up to some kind of silly amnesia sub-plot or something, but in the end it seems like they were just doing it to screw with people.

I actually sort of expected Edgeworth to go (at the very end) "Ever since I met him in court... PHOENIX WRIGHT... I have since learned the real meaning of TRUTH!!" or something really cheesy like that.

I was disappoint.

Still won't catch him this time, Edgeworth - and you never will!

Consider me nonchalantly pumped. I'd be more hyped, but I am still looking more forward to Ghost Trick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still won't catch him this time, Edgeworth - and you never will!

Consider me nonchalantly pumped.

Btw should it have it's own topic, or should this one be updated?

I'm really looking forward to this, I really loved the first AAI! Though I do hope they return the main series sometime, as I was enjoying that a lot to, and I didn't mind good old Apollo too much, though give me Phoenix any day. AAI and regular AA felt quite different to me, like different games built around pretty much the same concept. To me, it felt like AAI was simpler, and more linear. While I liked it a lot, it'll never replace AA, it's just a nice little side-show. Just my opinion, though.

Poor Polly... The poor lug keeps being sidetracked, and it wasn't even his fault that he wasn't allowed to actually be the star in his own game.

Still, this looks good. Especially the spoiler image above. It's been way too long since we last saw them.

seriously we have not seen him be.. him in three years.

Because people stay exactly the same after 7 years effectively jobless and having to look after a kid by themselves, right?

Anyway, I still think that AJ Phoenix was the real deal; he just vocalises all the snark that he used to keep internal. (He was a right sarcastic bastard in the original games, in his thoughts. XD). The MASON system thing shows us the inside bits that we're not allowed to see from the outside, and that's definitely still him.

I almost completely hate Phoenix in AJ, and what Capcom did to him. I honestly would have preferred that Takumi went the original route of making AJ a completely new entry in the series without any involvement from past characters. T&T was the perfect ending to Phoenix's story, and they just had to go and fuck it up by going "oh and lol, he gets disbarred a month later". The only redeeming factor in Phoenix's presence was that he and Trucy make the most adorable father/daughter couple.

Perfect endings bore me. They're unrealistic. But then again, I'm used to literature like wuthering heights where there's never a happy ending, so there we go *shrug*

Edited by Professor Gerkuman

Because people stay exactly the same after 7 years effectively jobless and having to look after a kid by themselves, right?

The point flew completely over your head.

I almost completely hate Phoenix in AJ, and what Capcom did to him. I honestly would have preferred that Takumi went the original route of making AJ a completely new entry in the series without any involvement from past characters. T&T was the perfect ending to Phoenix's story, and they just had to go and fuck it up by going "oh and lol, he gets disbarred a month later". The only redeeming factor in Phoenix's presence was that he and Trucy make the most adorable father/daughter couple.

I almost hate him too but I would lie if I'd say that it wasn't a ballsy plot direction that should be applaudable. It worked good for a story.

• 4 months later...

BUMP

so.

after holding off from playing the last three cases of Investigations for over half a year... I couldn't control myself and went ahead and beat it.

This means I'll have to wait for an incredibly long time without any new Ace Attorney... but the ending was amazing. My only real gripe with the game was how Franziska came out looking like a softie at the end of the game, rather than the colder-hearted von Karma that we've come to know and love.

Still. It can't match the epicness that was Trials and Tribulations, but it came pretty close and definitely surpasses AJ as a game.

Edited by ovarloard

I suppose now that I have finished Ghost Trick and have no plans on buying a 3DS, I have no choice but to look forward to Miles Edgeworth 2. Honestly, I've forgotten about this game, and it gets released in a few weeks in Japan. Sorry, but I really have no interest in an Edgeworth who doesn't have Phoenix around as his foil. I'm sure the game will be fine, but I hope they step up the writing from the original AAI.

I'm more interested in the crossover game. Professor Layton is so well known over here in the UK, it should hopefully give Ace Attorney a popularity boost. :D (If the game is good, that is).

It's... okay. I think it should emphasize Edgeworth slightly more, seeing as the developers are trying to do just that (focus on Edgeworth and his conflicted side to a greater degree than in the last game) within the game itself.

Hopefully it changes for releases outside of Japan, although I'll still be getting it day one regardless of if they change it or not.

Thanks for the update, Shadz!

• 3 weeks later...

So I just found out that AAI2 is out in Japan TOMORROW. Why was I not informed of this?

Also, here's what's presumed to be the Cornered mix for this game, and IMO it's quite good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtrcRVuXrk

EDIT:

Decided to take a peek ahead, and there seem to be several returning characters in this one. Don't click if you don't wanna spoil yourself. No plot details though (holding off on those myself), just characters.

Aside from the obvious trio of Edgeworth, Gumshoe, and Kay, the following people make at least an appearance (and quite possibly a lot more): Shi-Long Lang, Ema Skye, John Doe/Shelly de Killer, Regina Berry, Frank Sahwit, Manfred von Karma, and an unexpected twist: Gregory Edgeworth! Flashback case anyone?

Edited by Spin

Is Ema going to get only a one-scene cameo like she did in the original AAI, despite her appearance being hyped up in promotional material?

The only real gripe I had with AAI was how the whole game had this feeling of 'blatant recon' throughout. Okay, I know it was, but it did seem a bit painfully obvious.

As much as I love the series, I think they need to move on. Either make more Apollo Justice games, or end the series before it outstays it's welcome and gets stagnant.

The only real gripe I had with AAI was how the whole game had this feeling of 'blatant recon' throughout. Okay, I know it was, but it did seem a bit painfully obvious.

As much as I love the series, I think they need to move on. Either make more Apollo Justice games, or end the series before it outstays it's welcome and gets stagnant.

I'm pretty sure that the guy who started the franchise said that he feels that the series ended with AJ, so we probably won't get a AA5/GS5. Though if that's the case, I would have preferred they ended it with T&T and only made the AAI spinoffs from then on.

I'd say that AAI moved the series along considerably more than AJ ever did. The story of AAI itself was only even tangentially related to the original trilogy in any case, so I don't understand your point about how it needs to "move on."

Also, salutations good sir. Despite what your sense of vision leads you to comprehend, my appearance on these message boards is merely an act of fantasy created by your mind.

Is Ema going to get only a one-scene cameo like she did in the original AAI, despite her appearance being hyped up in promotional material?

No idea about that. Though I'm definitely in the party that thinks she needs more involvement.

Sorry to pop-in unannounced but, when is this game going to be released for the US? I want to play it so bad :(

Edited by Vec