Awoo.

Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations

Patticus

It tends to take nine months for Capcom to get the titles translated, so this should show up in the West towards the end of 2011 going by that estimate.

It tends to take nine months for Capcom to get the titles translated, so this should show up in the West towards the end of 2011 going by that estimate.

Oh...I don't remember the first one taking so long to come out in the US

Oh...I don't remember the first one taking so long to come out in the US

It was out in Japan in May 2009. We didn't get it until February 2010. The timeframe was the same for Apollo Justice.

Localizing shit like this is insanely hard. The series pretty much lives on Woolseyism of the extreme kind.

I'd say that AAI moved the series along considerably more than AJ ever did. The story of AAI itself was only even tangentially related to the original trilogy in any case, so I don't understand your point about how it needs to "move on."

By 'move on', I mean 'move forward', rather than just trying to ride on the coattails of the original trilogy by cramming retcon into any and every available orifice in the plot.

I mean, carry on with Apollo Justice. Ditch the old cast, let them rest before they get spread too thin and cheapened.

I'd like to see an AJ2 (if only because Apollo sucked in the story and he needs development badly), but apparently Capcom doesn't give a shit about making one. If they did, then we would have had an AA6 announced by now.

They never announce stuff until it's already in production. And there's no way they can work on 3 games at once.

Now, if they don't announce it after PLvs.AA or AAI2, then I think we have a reason to be concerned.

Well, first impressions are in... and this game looks even more epic than the first. Sadly, no-one at Court Records have gotten together to work on creating a detailed synopsis of each case yet, but we do know the killers from the first two cases, and we do know that Case 3 is absolutely minblowingly awesome. Want to know how awesome the third case is?

Huge Spoilers for Case 3 of AAI-2:

In the first half you play as Gregory Edgeworth facing off against Manfred von Karma with the help of Tyrell Badd. I told you it was mindblowingly awesome.

I'm very excited for this game now, and it's making me want to pick up the original now. (The only reason I've not got it yet is because Uni's too busy, being the final term of the final year)

Well, first impressions are in... and this game looks even more epic than the first. Sadly, no-one at Court Records have gotten together to work on creating a detailed synopsis of each case yet, but we do know the killers from the first two cases, and we do know that Case 3 is absolutely minblowingly awesome. Want to know how awesome the third case is?

Huge Spoilers for Case 3 of AAI-2:

In the first half you play as Gregory Edgeworth facing off against Manfred von Karma with the help of Tyrell Badd. I told you it was mindblowingly awesome.

I'm very excited for this game now, and it's making me want to pick up the original now. (The only reason I've not got it yet is because Uni's too busy, being the final term of the final year)

I only read the first name you bolded, and I'll say that I had the feeling that having the story of this game focusing on Miles, this was going to happen :)

Detective goddamned Baddass makes a return appearance? I suppose I have a good reason to be interested in this game now.

• 2 months later...

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 will NOT be localized.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=155338#comment-section

Read what it said to do at the jump... It was stated pretty clear in the video.

Capcom better have a good explanation for this.

Yeah... I cussing up a storm right now...

Edited by Stupid Sexy YoshiUnity

Well, the video is from March 18, so it might not still be accurate...ah, who am I kidding, it's not like games released late in a systems life not being localized is unheard of. :( Well, AA has a big enough fanbase that we'll likely get a fan translation at some point, though it likely wouldn't be localized like official translations, so there would be references that we wouldn't get.

Makes me worry about the fate of some of the other Capcom games that might not be made/localized. (MML3, AA vs. Layton)

• Thumbs Up 2

Capcom, I buy your games with gusto and this is what you do in return. You cancel Mega Man Universe and now you pull this unforgivable bullshit. Telling you to "go fuck yourselves" doesn't even cover it right now. It's not even worth telling you.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 will NOT be localized.

http://gonintendo.co...comment-section

Read what it said to do at the jump... It was stated pretty clear in the video.

Capcom better have a good explanation for this.

Yeah... I cussing up a storm right now...

Adobe flash crashed on me the second he said "No". That news is so bad it crashed my damn browser as well. Excuse while I finish my report on organ cell research and be super special not so awesomely sad =(

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Considering the original Ace Attorney is among my favourite games of all time, I'm actually less bothered by this news than I thought I'd be. I don't know, maybe it's because I personally find the series to be dipping in quality a little as of late, or maybe it's the fact I found the original Investigations fairly underwhelming.

I mean, the creator already stated that he considers the core Ace Attorney series complete with Apollo Justice, didn't he? Considering every single Ace Attorney game was made without plans for a sequel, I think they've had a pretty good run. I mean, they've practically been tacking-on and retconning since the second game anyway, they've certainly had a good run. I'd liken the continual extension of the Ace Attorney franchise to that of beating a dead horse, but that wouldn't be entirely true; the horse isn't dead, it's just getting old and tired.

That said, if Layton vs Wright doesn't make it here, proverbial heads will roll and I'll happily join the witch hunt. Although in all honesty, given how obscenely popular Layton is (particularly here in the UK), that seems a lot more likely to make it over here. Fingers crossed, anyway.

And hey, you never know- if Layton vs Wright does well, it could well expand the Ace Attorney fanbase a bit, via Layton fans who check out the series after the crossover. There's a very, very slim chance that Layton vs Wright could reinvigorate mainstream interest in the series enough for them to see fit to localise AAI2 eventually.

You people scare too easily. He didn't say it'd never happen, he just said it wasn't happening at the moment. Compared to the amount of shit the PAL regions get from Capcom, it's average for them.

Edited by Gerkuman

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo! They released all other games in the series, so it seems daft to not release this one.

This sounds... off.

I don't buy it.

*cough* Capcom Captivate is in America, so they might've announced it. We Just have to wait for the 14th.

Edited by PSI Aqua the Ham

To elaborate, now that I've scoured for information a bit more thoroughly.

Indeed, the Capcom marketing VP explicitly said "no AAI2" in a recent Q&A conference prior to Captivate 2011. However:

• This Q&A was held shortly before the Captivate event itself.
  • The Captivate event is strictly press-only.
  • Information from the event has a strict embargo on it that expires on April 12.
  • There is apparent precedent for Capcom officials to flat-out lie a few weeks prior to formal surprise announcements... so as not to spoil the surprise.

Wait for the embargo to end, folks. I knew this reeked. :P

EDIT: Got embargo expiry date wrong.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan