Awoo.

Grind rails! What say you!

Badnik Zero

To be honest, the rails in Black Knight were way worse than even Heroes and ShTh.

You had no control over how fast you go, where you wanted to be and how far you could jump.

You only jumped a specific distance which makes it really hard to properly jump over obstacles and especially onto a higher platform. Getting off of rails is a bitch to say the least. You can only jump off the sides of rails, which by itself is dangerous if there's an obstacle heading your way due to still being able to get hit while trying to get off or you can get shaved by the hazard as it passes you.

It's especially hard to be able to jump in time when the rails lead to a wall of spikes like they do in Molten Mine.

I didn't have many issues with the rails in Black Knight. The carts are more or less about timing; it's when they throw stuff at you unexpectedly it becomes an issue. Now Secret Rings, those rails can go to hell. Seriously, it's a chore to so much as jump on those things.

I didn't even know you could jump on the rails, because the same button brings you back up to speed. Whenever an enemy was in my way, I tried to switch rails instead of attacking.

The method used to switch from rail to rail has its share of problems too. Sometimes, Sonic'll jump way too far in the direction you tilted in, and he'll miss the rail completely and slow down. Other times, he'll jump the other way. This was a problem for me in Pirate Storm. In one part, the only way to get across is to grind, and that part was really frustrating for me.

Another complaint I have with the newer grinding are the sound effects for it. It sounds too weak and light nowadays. In SA2 it sounds powerful, and realistic.

Ahhh yes, that's another one. Those lovely, awesome and realistic sound effects for the grinding. They were so cool~ T-T

Sparks were the best though. Why they got rid of them I'll never understand. .3.

Much to the dismay of a certain Slingerland, Black Knight had sparks.

sonic-the-black-knight--20081015100902381_640w.jpg

I don't think Sonic's shoes are the right material for sparks. The Soaps in SA2 clearly have a solid base, yet all his other shoes are rubbery.

Edited by Blue Blood

I don't think Sonic's shoes are the right material for sparks. The Soaps in SA2 clearly have a solid base, yet all his other shoes are rubbery.

Well, Soap Shoes had to be design to have as little friction as possible when grinding to make doing so easier, so really, it'd make sense if there were less sparks when Sonic uses Soaps.

The fact that he's grinding on rope makes me wonder why there are any sparks at all.

Well, Soap Shoes had to be design to have as little friction as possible when grinding to make doing so easier, so really, it'd make sense if there were less sparks when Sonic uses Soaps.

That's true, but either way RUBBER (/leather/whatever-soft-material-they-are) isn't right for sparks. Shadow can have them because his shoes are obviously solids, as are Blaze's and the Extreme Gear. To be fair though, we're talking about a giant blue hedgehog wearing shoes and grinding. SEGA are more than happy to take some liberties, I think. =D

Indigo, that's exactly the point that was made when Black Knight was first announced.

Edited by Blue Blood