Awoo.

Best/Worst Character Design

Soniman

Newsflash: Bernadette Hedgehog is now confirmed to be a character in Sonic Generations.

bernie.jpg

lol I'm sick and I had nothing better to do.

Her "hair" seems more like a wig LOL

Newsflash: Bernadette Hedgehog is now confirmed to be a character in Sonic Generations.

bernie.jpg

Hubba hubba.

I threw up in my mouth a little.

• Thumbs Up 6

Why can't they depict sexual dimorphism in Hedgehogs throughout the rest of the series? I think the differences between Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Amy can be chalked up to sexual dimorphism i.e Males have back spines, shorter tails and longer noses whilst females have no back spines, longer eyelashes, longer tails and button-noses.

Male and female Hedgehogs look different in terms of bodily features. Is this such a hard standard to follow? Female Hedgehog's that have masculine Hedgehog features look so...ew.

My favorite character design, and i know you're all gonna disagree, is Sonic in Sonic Riders....yeah, i said it. I love the exaggerated hands and feet and the stylized design because it reminds me of the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 artwork. I love the shoes too because they look more modern and more fitting to Sonic's Modern design to make him look "cooler" like how he was in the "dreamcast era". It seems dumb to like it as everyone hates it, but I don't know, I always liked the design.

Worst:

Silver: I know it's been said before, he seems like a fancharacter and not like a sonic character. I am not into overly detailed and complicated designs and that's what silver looked like to me. His telekinesis sucked too. If they maybe made his spines smaller or something, and redesigned him, he'd look a lot better

Elise: This is obvious, she looked retarded and also had dark legs...wtf was that.

The character designs for Sonic and Shadow in SA2 looked amazing.

Fang's character design is good.

I'd say those three tie for my favorite.

Worst? Classic Amy. It's just not all that original. She's basically female Sonic in a dress. Thank God she got more originality in her modern design.

Edited by Gaming Misfit

Why can't they depict sexual dimorphism in Hedgehogs throughout the rest of the series? I think the differences between Sonic, Silver, Shadow and Amy can be chalked up to sexual dimorphism i.e Males have back spines, shorter tails and longer noses whilst females have no back spines, longer eyelashes, longer tails and button-noses.

Male and female Hedgehogs look different in terms of bodily features. Is this such a hard standard to follow? Female Hedgehog's that have masculine Hedgehog features look so...ew.

I think Amy shaves her back spines, don't ask how, she had back spines in her "young" classic form.

Edited by Jesterbumon

Most of my favorite designs in are those with really big, awake-looking eyes. These characters include: classic Sonic

Classic-Sonic.jpg

classic Amy

Amy_SonicJam.png

modern Amy

Amy_2006.png

and modern Charmy

344957-250px_sonicchannel_charmy_large.png

...so essentially, all the characters with eyes that are very similar to those of classic Sonic. I also love classic Tails slightly sad-looking puppy dog eyes, as well as modern Tails rather similar ones, but neither classic nor modern Tails quite belong in the same group as the aforementioned. Tails eyes are adorable, but they're in a little "eye-design-genre" of their very own (in comparassion to other characters in the series).

Most of my favorite designs in are those with really big, awake-looking eyes. These characters include: classic Sonic

classic Amy

modern Amy

and modern Charmy

...so essentially, all the characters with eyes that are very similar to those of classic Sonic. I also love classic Tails slightly sad-looking puppy dog eyes, as well as modern Tails rather similar ones, but neither classic nor modern Tails quite belong in the same group as the aforementioned. Tails eyes are adorable, but they're in a little "eye-design-genre" of their very own (in comparassion to other characters in the series).

Yeah, their eyes are awesome. Especially classic Tails'. He's so moe moe. * v *

tails.png185px-Tails-Generations-Artwork-1-High-Quality.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, he is absolutely adorable. You know how people sometimes say that someone is "so cute i could just eat him/her"? I think im feeling a little bit like that towards classic Tails in a litteral way. You know, just a little bit.

... i sure hope there isn't any kind of freudian, subconscious sexual aspect to feeling like that though, cause otherwise i must be a complete perv.

On Amy:

Had I been asked a few years ago, I have definitely said Modern Amy was much better. But nowadays, it's definitely classic. I dunno, I just think she looks alot cuter and she doesn't have such ugly clothes. Changing them would make me like her new design a lot more, heck, I prefer her Riders design by a larger margin, but not as much as classic.

Edited by MarcelloF

bernie.jpg

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

• Thumbs Up 2

Best design IMO:Amy Rose.

Pretty much everything about her is well thought, from her name Amy, a name that means "love" and Rose, because she has petals that represent her virtues and love for her friends, and thorns that represent her flaws as well as sting anyone who dares to hurt her friends. The color pink, which represents a childish innocence, which is ideal for a character that enjoys doing childish things and usually used as the hair color for similar characters in anime. Also, like her name it symbolizes love as well.

The red of her clothes in the current design represents passion, infatuation, energy, agression, strength, etc. pretty much strong emotions, which is ideal for a character that relies on her heart the most. The white represents purity, but it also is the color used by doctors and nurses, who heal others from their pain, just like Amy can heal the pain in the hearts of others, like with Shadow. Now combine red and white and they represent in japanese culture the bond of one's life with that of the gods, which hints at her liking for occultuism, like tarot reading, downsing, or her strong intuition.

Then there are the other features tha bring even more symbolism, like her red head band that appears in pretty much all versions of the character, which in her old school design could be consuidered a hint to the unmei no akai ito, which was a bit less subtle when she featured a couple of golden rings instead in er current design.instead, hinting at a probable future.

Worse design IMO: Jet the Hawk

I really dislike how the designers at ST seemed to tried fitting a hawk into the hedgehog mold, also the beak, seems a bit forced into the shape of the muzzle most characters feature. Then there are the tatoos, which seemed to be added only to make the character look "edgy", "too cool" and "with attitude". Sorry but for avians I prefer the more humble, cartoony and creative designs seen in Tails Adventure with characters like Speedy, the Grand Gattle Kukku 15th or one of my favorites: Bean the Dynamite.

• Thumbs Up 2

Then there are the tatoos, which seemed to be added only to make the character look "edgy", "too cool" and "with attitude".
Well, yes, he's an Extreme Gear racer. He's the exact sort of character who would have those sort of tattoos.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, yes, he's an Extreme Gear racer. He's the exact sort of character who would have those sort of tattoos.

I think he means, they tired too hard to make him looks cool with all those tattoos.

But I'm saying, it's perfectly in character. He's supposed to look like an extreme sports douchebag.

Ok, doesn't mean he's supposed to like it.

Edited by Shadic93

Ok, doesn't mean he's supposed to like it.

Honestly, they're all pretty irredeemable, except maybe Wave whos implied history with Rouge is partially interesting. And her personality isnt a totally annoying

Honestly, they're all pretty irredeemable, except maybe Wave whos implied history with Rouge is partially interesting. And her personality isnt a totally annoying

...Wave is by far the most obnoxious of the three, she's smart, but flaunts it around and insults anyone Else's technological advances. But she is the least annoying along with Storm.

Best design: Sonic Heroes Rouge, I didn't like the models of the game, but from what I saw in fanart that depicts her in Uekawa's style in that outfit, she looks stunningly beautiful.

Worst design: I am a SegaSonic fan and to me, Sally Acorn is this. I don't hate Sally, but her design seems very bland and not sonic like, the same could be said for Bunnie, but she can easily be redrawn into Uekawa's style without a problem. But Sally, her facial markings and color scheme makes it hard to redesign her into SegaSonic character.

This a very SegaSonic revamp of Sally http://browse.devian...corn+SA#/dty7a6 except it doesn't really resemble the Sally everyone knows.

Edited by Jesterbumon