Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Very insane that you can explore GTA V's map in Kingdom Hearts 3 if you chose to mod it in. It's very weirdly textured, but very much working.

Coverage by Fox News of all companies.  Needless to say, that was unexpected. 

As cool as the mod scene is, and it’s cool that fans have been able to basically fix a lot of shit KH3 had, it really kinda is a bit disappointing that it took mods 2 years after the fact, on a platform that many people do not have, (Not to mention even some that have gaming PC’s might not have powerful enough ones to play this or fool around with mods) to do this. Most people aren’t gonna be able to appreciate these mods fully and experience them all that much outside glancing at videos. Most of the KH fanbase is still on console, and even going forward I don’t unfortunately see that changing. It really makes me annoyed mod support hasn’t crossed much into consoles yet outside bastardized attempts by AAA companies like Bethesda trying to sell us paid mods

But anyway, even side stepping that discussion, it still is kinda frustrating to think that square weren’t able to do most of this stuff themselves. Like alternate costumes, multiple playable characters accessible at any time, replayable story bosses, more keyblades, etc. It really shouldn’t have to fall on fans years after the fact to improve your game 

Modders deserve credit for making KH3 better, but they're ultimately working off of square enix's foundation. That, and we have no idea what features the next KH game will implement. They had to stop working on KH3 eventually while modders have all  the time in the world to keep tweaking it. The mods might even end up influencing the next game in a positive way if SE is paying attention.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The mods might even end up influencing the next game in a positive way if SE is paying attention.

Not holding my breath on that unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

Modders deserve credit for making KH3 better, but they're ultimately working off of square enix's foundation. That, and we have no idea what features the next KH game will implement. They had to stop working on KH3 eventually while modders have all  the time in the world to keep tweaking it. The mods might even end up influencing the next game in a positive way if SE is paying attention.

That’s the hope. I’d hope stuff like alternate costumes become a thing. On top of how popular that’s been in the mod scene, 0.2 got a lot of praise for having the mission stuff being tied to cosmetic rewards for Aqua to wear to the point, Nomura and Square apparently considered it, but I guess were too far in KH3’s development to implement. Bringing that back for KH4 would no joke, give a lot of replay value for me. Like seeing this 

really shot my desire for this feature up a bunch, there’s so much potential for this concept. Not just Re colors and small cosmetic add ones like in 0.2, but outfits based on Disney properties, Final Fantasy properties, past outfits Sora wore, maybe a retro PS2 graphics outfit similar to how Snake in Metal Gear Solid games has his PS1 design return, Keyblade Armor, etc. Like it’s easy content I’d imagine, and we are in a culture now where cosmetic things like that are a big appealing feature of most games

So aside from mods, was watching the part 1 finale of Union X, and was also re-watching some MoM cutscenes. Will give my thoughts on the first part of the finale in a bit, but for now, I got myself wondering if the next games gonna be a Verum Rex spin-off. Melody of Memory reveals that Master Ira and the rest , save for Ava, traveled to Quadratum (supported by the fact we see the fortellers standing on a building from there on the Boxart for KH3), and Union X has recently made mention of it (The Master of 
Masters mentions he’s seen a world that even he can’t comprehend). It really does seem like they’re building up things for this new location, and honestly, it’d be interesting to see them introduce the world of Verum Rex this way, especially since, as far as we’re aware, it IS even within KH lore, a video game. Would be kinda meta.

Introduce Yozora, the nameless girl, who he is, whatever they’re dealing with, throughout the game, things start getting weird and Kingdom Hearts-y, eventually Yozora runs into the Master of Masters, who puts him through those “trials” we heard about, before telling him to find Sora, we get the Sora fight from his perspective, some extra context and a follow up to it with maybe Riku showing up at the very end.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:55 AM, KHCast said:

Chain of memories mod...this is wild 

Now why anyone would want to torture themselves like that aside from viewership is beyond me though. Lol 

So I was going to finally get ReMind to experience Kairi and whatever else it offers for myself and--SWEETBABYRAY, THIS GOES FOR 29.99?!

56 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

So I was going to finally get ReMind to experience Kairi and whatever else it offers for myself and--SWEETBABYRAY, THIS GOES FOR 29.99?!

It's really outrageous how much Square want to charge for KH3 actually feeling like a complete title. :U

8 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait for a discount. It often goes on sale a lot

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon The Undyne said:

It's really outrageous how much Square want to charge for KH3 actually feeling like a complete title. :U

Yeah, seriously, especially considering that's over 100 bucks if you bought the base he at launch

Honestly, unless you're really into some difficult super bosses, ReMind isn't really worth the money anyways imo. Some of the new content in the first part is cool (and there's like, one added scene that I thought was really really dumb even for Kingdom Hearts), but you have to slog through a lot of repeated content to those nuggets of new stuff. The rest is basically just the super bosses, and they're all a lot of fun if you're into that kind of thing.

But I didn't really take too much of a loss buying ReMind since I have like 4-5 years of Game Pass in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Wait for a discount. It often goes on sale a lot

And even then I’d say it’s still too much 🤣

£9.99 or less and then you’re talking... Saying that the base game on disk goes for £9.99 these days.

And I say this as someone whom enjoyed the additional DLC (apart from the extra Miniboss stuff and shameless last minute FF character throw-ins for fandom). 

I do really love the base game of KH3 a lot - but I do wish they could have done more with the additional content besides just adding more to the finale with the “how he saved Kairi” time travel bollocks. As whilst it’s neat and gives a nice little second spin on things... I’m not a fan of games stories feeling more “complete” by the way of paid DLC. It’s Asuras Wrath level of criminality here. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:57 PM, Nix said:

Honestly, unless you're really into some difficult super bosses, ReMind isn't really worth the money anyways imo. Some of the new content in the first part is cool (and there's like, one added scene that I thought was really really dumb even for Kingdom Hearts), but you have to slog through a lot of repeated content to those nuggets of new stuff. The rest is basically just the super bosses, and they're all a lot of fun if you're into that kind of thing.

But I didn't really take too much of a loss buying ReMind since I have like 4-5 years of Game Pass in the bank.

How much slog we talking here? Cause I remember the Saix and Terranort(was that playable to begin with, I can't recall) scenarios from the trailer, but assumed it'd be good from there.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Son-icka said:

And I say this as someone whom enjoyed the additional DLC (apart from the extra Miniboss stuff and shameless last minute FF character throw-ins for fandom). 

I do really love the base game of KH3 a lot - but I do wish they could have done more with the additional content besides just adding more to the finale with the “how he saved Kairi” time travel bollocks. As whilst it’s neat and gives a nice little second spin on things... I’m not a fan of games stories feeling more “complete” by the way of paid DLC. It’s Asuras Wrath level of criminality here. 

I did start watching a cutscenes video for a bit after seeing the price and saw that was the premise. Not sure how I feel about that now that I've seen Johnny's video on Melody of Memories.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

How much slog we talking here? Cause I remember the Saix and Terranort(was that playable to begin with, I can't recall) scenarios from the trailer, but assumed it'd be good from there.

You have to redo the entire segment in the maze where you fight the Organization XIII. There's a couple of new scenes and you can play as new characters sometimes, but it's the same thing. You get some neat stuff afterwards.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Nix said:

You have to redo the entire segment in the maze where you fight the Organization XIII. There's a couple of new scenes and you can play as new characters sometimes, but it's the same thing. You get some neat stuff afterwards.

Oh man...I mean, I suppose that makes sense, but they really did just directors cut that shit

So question regarding KH mods, is it like impossible to make Monster and Toy Sora form (along with donald and goofy), standard for the whole game, including cutscenes? I see KH1 and 2 and even Quadratum Sora are able to be used like that, and even other character models like Riku, Terra, Vanitas, Ven, Roxas etc., even fucking Namine, but haven’t seen any mods of those two Sora forms. Are they hard locked to Monstropolis and Toy Box?

19 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So question regarding KH mods, is it like impossible to make Monster and Toy Sora form (along with donald and goofy), standard for the whole game, including cutscenes? I see KH1 and 2 and even Quadratum Sora are able to be used like that, and even other character models like Riku, Terra, Vanitas, Ven, Roxas etc., even fucking Namine, but haven’t seen any mods of those two Sora forms. Are they hard locked to Monstropolis and Toy Box?

If they could get Roxas, Riku, and Aqua into normal gameplay, then no - the Sora forms should be doable. Riku, Aqua, and assumedly every other playable character in KH3 were hard-locked into their individual areas originally, meaning while people could save edit their positions, which is how we found the new character portraits implying Aqua was fully playable for a longer period of time, no one could actually edit the same to get them into other worlds, which is why no one could see if it was the same case for Riku, because he was hard-coded into the Realm of Darkness, and you're in constant battle in that world.

So yeah, if there's mods to play Aqua and Riku everywhere in the game, then there should be no issue with the Sora forms.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So couple things 

KHUX spoilers

1. the “everyone is Xehanort” joke, really got made into something canon 

and 2. God damn it Square/nomura. So this wasn’t just random stuff being said 

E2woj8AUYAAC_rk?format=jpg&name=largeE2woj8BVgAINTy6?format=jpg&name=large
3. Wait, so is Ephemer the Master of Masters if he’s the first Keyblade Master???

• 3 weeks later...

So figured I’d ask cause a lot of people have been talking about it. Do you guys think we’re gonna get a Verum Rex game? Do you want them to do one? It’d honestly be interesting if they pulled a Drakenguard/Nier situation with this personally speaking, so wouldn’t mind if that turned into its own franchise 

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

Do you guys think we’re gonna get a Verum Rex game?

I would not be surprised if Nomura went through with that, regardless of how forced it would probably come off as.

9 hours ago, KHCast said:

Do you want them to do one?

Only as a spinoff franchise. Making it the new focus of Kingdom Hearts instead of what fans actually want would be a bad move (which is why I can totally see Square doing it).

Frankly, I'd rather we not. I get wanting Versus !3 back, but it honestly feels like a ship that's sailed, and wasting development time on it doesn't seem worthy.

I do get that Nomura may be jaded about Versus 13, but this whole thing is a tight line to walk to make sure it doesn't drag down other projects.

8 hours ago, KHCast said:

So figured I’d ask cause a lot of people have been talking about it. Do you guys think we’re gonna get a Verum Rex game? Do you want them to do one? It’d honestly be interesting if they pulled a Drakenguard/Nier situation with this personally speaking, so wouldn’t mind if that turned into its own franchise 

Probably, and no. Verum Rex for me only worked as a joke, a parody and an Easter egg, all of which fell apart when Nomura couldn’t just leave well enough alone as usual and had to make it a story beat. As a fan of the actual FFXV, I’m more frustrated and angered that Nomura’s basically attempting to shove all of his crap about what he wanted for FFVS13 into Kingdom Hearts. 

Frankly, as someone who’s played this series since 2003 or so, grew up with it, loves it, and has given it far, far too much slack in the past, it’s the first time I feel properly angry with it. I’m so tuned out of what Nomura wants to do at this point. He’s shafted Kairi yet again and set up a scenario where literally no Disney elements can exist, while also going on about fiction and unreality. I already hate plots that try to acknowledge things as pure fiction since it breaks immersion, but ripping out the unique aspect of the Kingdom Hearts series so it can become a bargain bin discount Final Fantasy knockoff is just about the last straw for me. I fully expect a Verum Rex game, and I don’t even want it as a spin-off because I just know it’s going to be an actual story-crucial title setting up a main plot I’m probably gonna dislike because I hate the core ideas of it as is.

• Thumbs Up 1