Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

It’s interesting the feelings on this, since my criticism of the series is pretty well known, and yet this is probably the most interested, potentially, I’ve been with the series. I find there’s a lot of potential here, with tying this to the Master of Masters and Scala, especially if they lessen the whole “hearts” and “darkness” bullshit talk. (I’m also kinda interested if this  raises the importance of Toy Box, and if that means we’ll maybe see it again, since Verum Rex ONLY shows up there. It would give them an opportunity to flesh out that world perhaps a bit better.) I like the MoM, I think he’s one of the most interesting and fun characters in the series, and him being the next antagonist opens up a lot of interesting possibilities , especially now with

Luxu possibly going against the Masters wishes and attempting to change fate with the fortellers

Like, yeah as a whole the union X storyline stuff is filler garbage, but there are some story elements I can’t help but find myself interested in seeing play out further in a future game. 

I get the feeling the FFV13 stuff may be a bait and switch, but idk we’ll see. Yozora as a character could be interesting and unique in his own right, and like I said, if it eventually branches into its own identity and series ala Drakenguard/Nier, I’d be totally for that. The lack of Disney is a concern, if that’s where they’ll go, but if they mitigated that with more genuine FF/TWEWY/Square representation, I think I can be okay with that.

I guarantee tho since this is only likely the “opening” of the new saga, it’s likely if they do away with a lot of traditional KH stuff like Disney, it won’t be in a full fledged numbered KH title (unless we explore other “realities”, which are more or less worlds, again, based on square properties, and not just Quadratum, but given that it’s looking like this future game may have a focus on exclusively Quadratum, and exploring this massive dense city, perhaps in a open world type style, that option is something I’m less sure of.), since that’d alienate a lot of players, it’ll probably be a story crucial spinoff, before Sora befriends Yozora and they go back to Sora's world, and Quadratum becomes a new mainstay original world in future games to visit  thats heavily watered down to be about the size of all the other worlds

Also notice I say potential and possibly a lot. I say that cause Nomura very well could fuck this up and make this a forced FFV13 proxy that has nothing of interest. 

Edit: speaking of Quadratum, I REALLY hope it has a day/night/weather system like this mod.

didn't get it till 2018 lmao and they changed everyones hair it kinda sucks i wish they would make a remix and put their regular hair.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apparently Kingdom Hearts 4 (among other games) got leaked 

Also there’s Unchained X, so there’s a possibility we might get a remake/movie in the future 

It's worth mentioning that this isn't solid indication of leaks. Nomura said at least one other game was coming before KH4 bare minimum, and several of those games on the leak doesn't make sense (Sony for their part said only PS4 games would see re-release on PC - meaning Returnal and Demon's Souls are incredibly unlikely).

On top of that, Horizon Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 having cross-releases on PC is heavily unlikely. To my knowledge, Sony said all of their games are releasing on their consoles first before having a hope of hitting PC.

Well, they’ve already confirmed that some of those on the list are indeed real, but can’t confirm or deny which ones they are.  

17 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nomura said at least one other game was coming before KH4

My guess on that is either a remake of Union X in some form, or Verum Rex or something. Considering Union X was on this list, wouldn’t surprise me if we get a remake or a movie for that, given how essential Union x’s story is to understanding any of the games going forward after MoM. 

If Kingdom Hearts 4 really is coming along soon, hopefully this is a sign that they may just be going to numbering the titles typically, like they should have from the start.

There's enough of a distinction between the console Kingdom Hearts games and the handheld ones for the way they named them to be necessary. They play completely differently and the spinoffs usually star different characters than the ones you'd expect.

Apparently this is pissing off the KH fanbase? Seriously? It’s not like this is the first video game parody from the show that did a low brow “haha sex” type joke.

Fuck, the show did a FF7 parody for Christ sake lol, it was GONNa happen eventually

Now when’s the inevitable KH Family Guy and Simpsons spoofs?

Edit: okay I can’t believe I have to say this, but no, this existing has no bearing on Sora’s chances of getting into smash, holy shit, kingdom hearts fans sometimes. One is a parody protected under fair use, as in the creators can do a parody of KH without “asking permission” from Disney. Do ya think family guy or MAD with all their Disney parody’s asked permission from Disney lol? I can’t believe I’m seeing so many people trying to use this for evidence. 

Wait, what the hell do people think this has to do with SMASH of all things??

14 hours ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Wait, what the hell do people think this has to do with SMASH of all things??

Basically a lot of kingdom hearts fans are under the impression these television shows that do parodies of things have to ask permission to use said franchises, so people are getting worked up under the assumption Disney approved this when “asked”, but wouldn’t according to insiders not approve Sora for Smash. Like it got so bad, HMK of all people, the #1 advocate for Sora in Smash had to come out and say this has jack shit to do with Smash

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Basically a lot of kingdom hearts fans are under the impression these television shows that do parodies of things have to ask permission to use said franchises, so people are getting worked up under the assumption Disney approved this when “asked”, but wouldn’t according to insiders not approve Sora for Smash

Honestly, folks like that, shouldn't even be too surprised given how this follows under Parody subsections of copyright law anyway. A far different matter from what it takes for approval to Smash and all the many other factors that go into it.

• Thumbs Up 3

All I know is if the #Sora4smash Twitter crowd wasn’t laughed at and seen as cringe before, these people (not the majority of that group mind you, but a loud group regardless) kicking up this much of a storm about this, effectively proving these people don’t know how things work in regards to these subjects, probably isn’t gonna help them look good to the overall smash community. And this is coming from someone that wants Sora in smash a lot 

That coupled with the community throwing a fit at the Robot Chicken sketch for daring to exist are quite the hilarious combo(for all the wrong reasons).

“Why wasn’t Xehanort modeled to look more in line with how he actually looks??? He just looks like Mr. Clean. How fucking low effort smh these people are so lazy”

“this is an afront to my senses, I wish I could remove this from my brain, why did they make Sora do that gross shit”

”we’re in the worst timeline”

The reactions are quite entertaining indeed. 

That being said, I said it on Twitter, I AM kinda surprised it was robot chicken to be the first to be an official animated show to reference/acknowledge KH. Would have thought Phineas and Ferb would have been the first given how many crossovers that show did. Hell, since Disney owns family guy and simpsons now, I’d have thought those would have been the first adult comedies to parody KH lol

Most Kingdom Hearts fans are 16 year olds or 20somethings that made getting picked on for liking anime in high school their personality so I just kinda stay away from them personally

• Thumbs Up 3

i don’t really interact with the fanbase itself, I’ve long since distanced myself from that group, but occasionally their bullshit gets so hard to not point out. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:31 PM, Wraith said:

Most Kingdom Hearts fans are 16 year olds or 20somethings that made getting picked on for liking anime in high school their personality so I just kinda stay away from them personally

Tragically Yes. Most fans who liked anime in the past were picked on for liking anime. 

On 9/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, KHCast said:

i don’t really interact with the fanbase itself, I’ve long since distanced myself from that group, but occasionally their bullshit gets so hard to not point out. 

Not much has changed but some people are more mature...hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised that there's nothing going on in this topic given what's going on in the Smash Bros. Topic.

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5, 2.8. and 3 + Remind coming to Switch in the form of Cloud Versions.
  • KH Union X Theater Mode
  • Dark Road will conclude this Winter, offline version dropping at the same time.
  • New Merchandise
  • 20th Anniversary Event happening at a later point.

3 hours ago, Tailikku said:

Surprised that there's nothing going on in this topic given what's going on in the Smash Bros. Topic.

I hate to say it, but I’m not surprised. 

I mean, Online only Cloud Versions of the entire series were announced for the Switch?

What the eff Square?

During the Smash presentation even Sakurai looked deflated at having to announce what would have been an amazing (and surprising it’s not yet happened) port for the Nintendo Switch to the world.

But instead of Offline physical boxed or digital versions of the PS3 HD versions to port over (Final Fantasy X/X2 & XII exist), we get the cloud. Great. 

To an extent - I understand. Maybe it’s a storage issue with the games being so large? Or perhaps they just want to have the entire package as a full release on cloud. The reality the games from 1.5, 2.5 and only DDD from 2.8 would really feasibly run on the console after all. 

Either way, this sucks. And it sucks because there are 5 amazing games in there that could be played offline anywhere, and portably.