Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I’m just surprised that they went straight to Kingdom Hearts 4 instead of having tons of weirdly named sequels, prefixes and suffixes.

Just now, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I’m just surprised that they went straight to Kingdom Hearts 4 instead of having tons of weirdly named sequels, prefixes and suffixes.

Nomura apparently wanted to do a full on Verum Rex game, before he decided on KH4 because he was ‘worried about Sora’. Thank God for it, because I would’ve really been annoyed if we were stuck waiting even longer for the sake of having what amounts to an original IP trying to ride on KH’s coattails.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

Well I mean 

0CACADB6-07E9-4168-830A-1B9E85435795.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

A part of me wants Donald and Goofy to go to Hades for help because they think Sora is fucking dead but instead of granting them access to the super realistic afterlife world, he kicks them to the Land of the Dead from Coco. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 hour ago, SenEDDtor Missile said:

I’m just surprised that they went straight to Kingdom Hearts 4 instead of having tons of weirdly named sequels, prefixes and suffixes

45 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well I mean 

0CACADB6-07E9-4168-830A-1B9E85435795.jpeg

And Melody of Memory & Dark Road… can’t forget those! 🤣

On with the show I say. But it is weird to not get a Switch-only specific release that is absolutely canon to require playing before IV.

God but can I be real for a sec? I hate how good missing link actually looks tho, both visually and combat wise. Hell, the story, much like 4, has my interest. I’m definitely gonna download it, but I really hope the microtransactions aren’t super predatory to the point of needing to spend to progress. But I see shit like Chocobo GP…I get nervous

• Thumbs Up 1

image.jpeg.1cfff69bd461af697397a9fac8466ee6.jpeg

This image is still being relevant.

Going through the actual announcements:
- Dark Road releasing August 2022. Man, this project has been in such a rough position, but I hope the 2 people that are working on it are able to finish it by August (or ever for that matter).
- Missing Link - I'm actually excited to try this one out. While I'm pretty sure this is gonna have gacha with character trophies and whatnot, it looks like a videogame you actually play and not watch like that other game that's dead, and it's even close enough to the source material! Funnily enough, the story didn't captivate me yet, but it's Kingdom Hearts, it'll probably have the same warts and cool moments, so whatever, I'm game. Apparently you can play with up to 6 people, that could be fun to do for the hard bosses.
- KH4 - oh man, I have a lot of scattered thoughts on this one. Sora's design makes a lot of sense, but also was surprising to see it be that. Seeing Strelitzia in HD and also in a realistic mode is scary. The NPCs look kinda wonky in this style, I hope they'll be touched up on. Neo Darkside (or whatever its name is gonna be) already looks better than a normal Darkside and that's enough for me. Using the keychain as a grappling hook is the smartest thing I've seen the series do, love that. The "gameplay" section is definitely not actual gameplay, buuuuuut I think it gives enough of an idea how the game is gonna play like. For example, it's menu-based (like all the main games), the "feel" seems to be closer to KH3 (even though, again, there's no real gameplay), the boss is being spectacle-heavy, etc. Happy to see they're going for Unreal Engine 5 for the title. It ain't coming till 2024 at earliest. No sight of Yozora, which is interesting to say the least, but we see Dolan, Goober and at least hear Hades. I guess we're getting a Star Wars level if that is actually AT-ST's foot or whatever. If that's a thing and we fight Darth Vader, use Nomura's design from Play Arts please. Still crazy to see Kingdom Hearts 4 being real.

Overall it was good. Very good. I'm excited.

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

I feel so dumb for thinking that was Sephiroth at first lmao 

Don't feel bad. My instant first thought that blue flame appeared my brain went "sans undertale" (well they are some place under) 

But my serious first thought was that was Yen Sid, catching the duo sneaking off to look for Sora beyond the Light Realm. As if that's both in violation of their current responsibilities there like Quadratum is off limits or something. If I paid more attention I wouldn't have missed the obvious cues

Regarding Star Wars, while I expect it to start out with a smaller role and fewer creative liberties in this game than what they pulled off with the Pixar films, I feel Return of the Jedi makes a more suitable establishing point than A New Hope in the long run. As future games with SW material come out, the IP license might loosen up by then, meaning we'd could see the Clone Wars era in games set before or shortly after the Keyblade War- so introducing prequel crucial characters like Yoda and Sheev now may be beneficial.

I actually felt Palpatine makes for a fine successor/parallel to Maleficent. He could lead his own Villian Council- or be a high ranking officer in the original, commanding the other members through his hologram, his current apprentice included. And like she and Xehanort, he's been a threat from the very begin of his home saga, managed to cheat death, and came close to possessing the body of a younger hero like the later. All mass speculation of course as I don't suspect him to do anything significant beyond his world this time.

Oh yeah, I guess we better prepare for when they announce the exciting crossover with the Avengers... the Square game universe that is 🤣

So this is good to hear about regarding Missing Link

”Two systems: A story mode where you progress through quests, and a mode where you walk around (Comparable to Pokémon Go, but with ways to play it even without having to walk around in real life) ”

So you DONT have to walk around in order to progress through the story content. Thank fucking Christ

Also, so something that I realized about Sora’s new design 

Spoiler

So in Re:Mind’s secret episode, Yozora says “this isn’t the real me” and that he doesn’t actually look like that. I wonder if this is important information relevant to Sora’s situation. We also hear the fairy godmother talk about how the Star girls form was “stolen” from her. So I wonder if this Quadratum body we see Sora in, is not his real one…he is supposedly dead after all. 

Also people are under the impression this doesn’t make sense cause Sora in the secret ending and during the Yozora fight still had spiky hair, but the former was a dream Riku had, and the latter was inside Sora’s heart, and just a projection of Quadratum layered on top of Sora’s dive to the heart. We never saw the REAL Quadratum that Yozora was likely referring to (the one we’re seeing now)

Apparently it’s been confirmed (unsurprisingly) that this is a temporary form for Sora because he’s in Quadratum, as I guessed in the above post. Nomura included Donald and goofy in the trailer to assure people the old style was still there 

As I said above, this probably isn’t Sora’s “real” form, similar to what Yozora said about his situation, but just flipped (in the real world Sora has a different form vs in “non-reality” which has regular Sora, which would explain why Yozora reacts that way when Sora introduces himself) 

Can’t believe people jumped to assumptions about “the direction of the series” so fast after the first trailer, despite the series is known for regarding form changing lol

This is also a year after MoM. So Sora is 17-18

I mean, people are going off Nomura’s own logic - which is that canonically - Donald had been handling the visual changes due to the world order, and using his magic to do so. And placing Donald and Goofy in to ensure that ‘the old visual style would remain’ doesn’t mean much because it’s pretty obvious Disney wasn’t gonna sign off on hyper realistic changes. If he wanted to establish that point more clearly, he’d have been better off showing one of the other original characters like Kairi or Roxas.

Also - how is this a year after MoM exactly if Sora’s only been in Quadratum for seven days? Even if time was scaling differently, that would only mean Sora’s aged a week while everyone outside Quadratum aged a year+.

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, people are going off Nomura’s own logic - which is that canonically - Donald had been handling the visual changes due to the world order,

Sora’s form changes in the dream/digital Quadratum we see in the secret ending and Yozora boss and that’s without Donald. Arguably all the way back in DDD even, Sora and Riku’s form changes without any outside magic assistance in The Grid, so eh. (Maybe even Pride Lands, since we see that Pete’s form even changes there, compared to say, Timelss River) That “rules” been inconsistent as hell I feel 

(Actually I’m just remembering, was it Donald’s magic in Toy Box even? Cause he seemed pretty perplexed about why Sora’s look is so similar to Yozora’s) 

I do agree that they probably should have used a character like Kairi or Aqua to establish the characters in the KH dimension all look how we remember from KH3, but I’m guessing they didn’t have their models fully created yet?

Also, I wonder if Riku will even get a form change. Sora’s form here seems to be related to his punishment/what Yozora said about how his real body is somewhere else and not what we currently see. Riku however, is directly traveling to Quadratum using star girls portal, so I assume won’t have to deal with splitting his body into two forms? 

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also - how is this a year after MoM exactly if Sora’s only been in Quadratum for seven days? Even if time was scaling differently, that would only mean Sora’s aged a week while everyone outside Quadratum aged a year+.

We don’t know how much time passed between Sora’s fight with Yozora, and winding up in the “real” Quadratum (or even before that, when Sora woke up in the nighttime final world). 

By my memory wasn't it specifically just Atlantica that used Donald as the reason for the form change? Like, it'd make sense there because - as we see with Eric - there are actual humans on that world, so Donald's transformation would've been required specifically for them to explore the underwater part of the world and not, like... drown.

With most of the other worlds it definitely felt more a case of like... "this is how people are rendered here" - but that could definitely just be headcanon mixing in with my memory to be fair.

In the first game it was cited as Donald's Magic as early as Halloweentown but if you expect them to seriously give a shit about details like that at this point idk what to tell you

• Thumbs Up 2

The character who was the narrator of both the Missing Link and KH4 trailer has been revealed to be Sigurd, the character that shows up at the end of UX to greet Brain to Scala:

Some other information. TWEWY is not connected to KH4, but that doesn’t mean the characters themselves won’t show up. Just means that the franchises themselves are not connected

I’m always interested at when fiction play with stories themes like this, so very interested to see how KH handles this

Oh and reaction commands are returning! Which, personally I’m very much kinda happy about cause, ain’t gonna lie, I kinda missed them lol

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck, this has me VERY interested in KH4’s story even more. Also potential Forteller boss battles YESSSSS

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I really wish I had a PC now cause this kinda makes me wanna play KH3 again having this system lol

• 7 months later...