Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Can I just say how fucking relieved I am to finally have a black character finally show up in Kingdom Hearts?

647C8826-4141-49B9-831D-DB579D380CD1.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 5

On 6/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The dream is dead - no public demo is coming.

I am very angry... but

Spoiler

4i6zhDo.png

Shame. I was really looking forward to a demo.

So it seems BH6 and Toy Story may be the only films with original plots then huh? All the others take place during their respective movies, but BH6 is after the movie whereas toy story is between 2 and 3. Not that I’m worried as it seems the worlds seem to be mixing a lot of KH originality into the movie plot worlds more than before 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So it seems BH6 and Toy Story may be the only films with original plots then huh? All the others take place during their respective movies, but BH6 is after the movie whereas toy story is between 2 and 3. Not that I’m worried as it seems the worlds seem to be mixing a lot of KH originality into the movie plot worlds more than before 

It definitely seems there will be deviations, even the last trailer gave us Mike accusing Vanitas of destroying the name of Monsters Inc, coupled with the fact we already know the CDA is seemingly after the group, it's possible Vanitas has framed several things on Boo.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It definitely seems there will be deviations, even the last trailer gave us Mike accusing Vanitas of destroying the name of Monsters Inc, coupled with the fact we already know the CDA is seemingly after the group, it's possible Vanitas has framed several things on Boo.

It's odd, but I'd think that with Monsters it might be taking place after the film in what we saw in the PoTC trailer.

Just now, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

It's odd, but I'd think that with Monsters it might be taking place after the film in what we saw in the PoTC trailer.

I doubt it, the original reveal trailer had Mike and Sully still trying to hide Boo and being surprised that monsters aren't afraid of her, if it was taking place after the movie, Boo would've either been home or the monsters wouldn't be afraid of her no more since they'd have moved to laughter. Keeping in mind that in Monsters Inc, Sully had to say goodbye to Boo more or less right after Waternoose was exposed and arrested.

• Thumbs Up 2

And her door wasn’t shredded, which it was immediately after the ceo was arrested, and it was months I assume before mike got all the pieces back together. So it can’t be after, unless this is months after the events of the first film, which by that point mike shouldn’t be trying to hide her and be shocked they aren’t afraid of humans.

if I had to guess, since this is nighttime, this probably happens differently from the film, and kicks off after mikes date with Sylvia when all the initial uproar is going on about there being a kid loose 

• Fist Bump 1

On top of that, the message of the world would be clear - even though Sully has to place Boo back in the human world by the end, the connection the two forged will remain in their hearts. 

But weren’t there balloons on the scare floor? That should be an indicator that it takes place after the movie. Not to mention Waternoose and Randall are nowhere to be seen.

If it takes place after the movie, which is weeks or months mind you, mike wouldn’t be shocked at there being monsters not afraid of humans.

They probably have the party bit happen a day or something after the events of the film vs the original weeks/months it was in the film version 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

But weren’t there balloons on the scare floor? That should be an indicator that it takes place after the movie. Not to mention Waternoose and Randall are nowhere to be seen.

That makes no sense - If there were balloons to indicate the shift to laughter, Mike would literally have no reason to ask about Sora and co not being afraid of children as by that stage of the game, children would be an accepted part of monster culture and the crap about them being toxic would be revealed false. 

If I had to guess, it's either a flub or there's some kind of celebration ongoing at Monsters Inc, but I don't believe the laughter part of the movie at the end works with info we already fully know. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Btw has anyone pre-ordered the digital version? I really fucking want that Star seeker variant and PlayStation theme, but at that point I’d be getting the game 3 times...;_;(as I’m getting the collectors edition and limited PS4)

1ABD0869-9D31-470F-B22F-6CFDEFFD72FB.png

25 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If there were balloons to indicate the shift to laughter, Mike would literally have no reason to ask about Sora and co not being afraid of children as by that stage of the game, children would be an accepted part of monster culture and the crap about them being toxic would be revealed false. 

That's easily explainable. By the end of Monsters Inc, as far as we know, it's just the factory workers who are well aware of children not being toxic. There's nothing to suggest news didn't really travel quick, or heck, for all we know, "new recruits" which I'll assume that's the guise Sora and company go with, likely might still be terrified of the kids before getting briefed and whatnot.

56 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I doubt it, the original reveal trailer had Mike and Sully still trying to hide Boo and being surprised that monsters aren't afraid of her,

Furthermore, that's the original trailer. Who's to say the scene we saw during the POTC isn't during another world visit phase?

Disney and Square would have made a big deal about this being after the movie similarly to what they did with toy story and Big Hero 6 having original unique stories. They didn’t and conveniently all the worlds they didn’t go off about plot wise are just adaptions of the films. It’s during the movie. They more than likely just altered certain events and scenes to work with the game’s pacing

they also deconfirmed 2nd visits months ago

14 hours ago, KHCast said:

Disney and Square would have made a big deal about this being after the movie similarly to what they did with toy story and Big Hero 6 having original unique stories.

Or... maybe not? I mean,  maybe they don't spoil all details. Now,  show me a quote from them specifically stating when it will take place,  and then we're going somewhere here. 

They didn’t and conveniently all the worlds they didn’t go off about plot wise are just adaptions of the films.

I mean,  we can't state that as fact with certainty without actually seeing all the worlds we haven't gotten confirmation in a good enough context. Wouldn't c surprise me if they're trying to fake you out in some way,  shape or form. 

they also deconfirmed 2nd visits months ago

Not quite actually.

–In KINGDOM HEARTS II, after visiting each world once, there was a scenario incentive to revisit them but what about KINGDOM HEARTS III?

Nomura: I personally liked having to revisit the worlds twice but KINGDOM HEARTS III has a different flow.

Nomura stated there'd be a different flow as opposed to having to revisit worlds twice specfically speaking,  but didn't directly shoot down possibility of revisits in general. 

If it meant outright now revisits,  he'd likely have specified it more clearly but just as easily stating they're revertiing rp KH1's system,  but he didn't. 

Still too early to tell.

25 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Or... maybe not? I mean,  maybe they don't spoil all details. Now,  show me a quote from them specifically stating when it will take place,  and then we're going somewhere here. 

Again, both BH6 and Toy Story have original stories. Why not keep that just as much a secret? (Hell why not keep the world list partially secret even?) Especially in the formers case when it hasn’t even been shown. Why make the point to hype up these stories? This is a business first and foremost and think in marketing terms. It’s not spoiling to the extreme to go “hey, this has a original plot taking place after the film!” Which is why they did it with BH6 and TS. Again, it’d be massive luck and convenience on your end if you end up being right and they dont reuse monsters plot when they could have garnered more attention and buzz by giving that much info about the world.  But so far the pattern falls on my theory 

tangled: reuses the movie plot

pirates: re-used Pirates 3’s plot 

frozen: re-uses frozens plot

even Olympus seems to use the end of Hercules plot

toy story: we were told since the beginning it’d have its own storyline canon to toy story

bh6: we were told at announcement it’s after the film 

monsters: we were given a trailer where mike is surprised at monsters not being afraid of boo, and are clinging to balloons to justify this as taking place after when 1. They could like I said have sped up that scenes placement to work with KH3’s spin on the events or 2. Like you even said this could be a scene after perhaps if you come back to the world.

>On world revisits being out
I'm betting it's going to do what BBS does with disney town. You're restricted to events within the worlds story until you finish it, but you are free to literally do anything after you beat that so it won't be like a post game thing, but more of a "here's more that you can do now or later" sort of deal.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering there are likely mission based things to do for npc’s and general missions like in 0.2, that’s probably the case 

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

monsters: we were given a trailer where mike is surprised at monsters not being afraid of boo, and are clinging to balloons to justify this as taking place after when 1. They could like I said have sped up that scenes placement to work with KH3’s spin on the events or 2. Like you even said this could be a scene after perhaps if you come back to the world.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point about the scene in general. There's nothing to suggest there won't be story bits that continue into the aftermath of the original movie and beyond. 

Never claimed they wouldn't have scenes from the original either. 

Again, both BH6 and Toy Story have original stories. Why not keep that just as much a secret?

Because it's common ploy of companies to hype fanbases up with partial information,  but never the full package. There's no concrete reason for Square to be equally informative with all the worlds.

Again, it’d be massive luck and convenience on your end if you end up being right

Which I've been before plenty of times with this series,  but I don't get that being a point of contention here. 

I mean,  we're really don't need to make a big deal out of speculations.

pirates: re-used Pirates 3’s plot 

Well,  bits of it anyway from the trailer we saw.  Nothing set in stone yet. 

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Yeah, that's pretty much my point about the scene in general. There's nothing to suggest there won't be story bits that continue into the aftermath of the original movie and beyond. 

Never claimed they wouldn't have scenes from the original either. 

Because it's common ploy of companies to hype fanbases up with partial information,  but never the full package. There's no concrete reason for Square to be equally informative with all the worlds.

They’ve been so far, as again, we know the general story plots of all the Disney worlds revealed sans monsters. I mean I doubt for instance, Tangled and frozen actually are stories similar to BH6’s story in this game, when what we’ve seen is looking straight out of their respective films. Same with Pirates.

Also, who’s to say letting out that monsters being after the film qualifies as partial information or massive spoiler?

Just now, KHCast said:

I mean I doubt for instance, Tangled and frozen actually are stories similar to BH6’s story in this game, when what we’ve seen is looking straight out of their respective films. Same with Pirates.

That's fine and fair for you on your speculation. I personally,  from experience look further than just trailers,  especially given they can often be given with plenty out of context,  or sometimes even have scenes that don't end up showing.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

They’ve been so far, as again, we know the general story plots of all the Disney worlds revealed sans monsters

Ayup. So when we have something concrete on Monsters, then we can talk about putting speculation to rest on it. 

K, but from experience and given its KH and looking at past game trailers when they reveal worlds, it’s quite clear to me at times what they’re going for with certain worlds. It’s extremely optimistic of you I’ll admit to believe all the worlds potentially will have completely original storylines and they’re simply showing us certain things as a way to fool us

25 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It’s extremely optimistic of you I’ll admit to believe all the worlds potentially will have completely original storylines 

But that's not even what I'm in complete belief of. Like,  it's obvious and already confirmed that not all worlds will have original stories,  so optimistic as I am,  I don't believe something that so blatantly contradicts the facts at present. 

You can blatently tell from what we’ve seen of Tangled and Frozen that they’re just adapting the film plots of those.