Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I'll throw in a prediction that probably shouldn't be a thing but given fucking Riku Replica will be back, probably will be a thing.

Data Sora and/or Data Riku/Roxas shall be back. If you want to go further - they'll tie into some kind of thing with the Thank Namine message finally being revealed to Sora and possibly Namine being freed from Kairi.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'll throw in a prediction that probably shouldn't be a thing but given fucking Riku Replica will be back, probably will be a thing.

Data Sora and/or Data Riku/Roxas shall be back. If you want to go further - they'll tie into some kind of thing with the Thank Namine message finally being revealed to Sora and possibly Namine being freed from Kairi.

I wouldn’t be shocked. They’ll probably mainly do it cause they want us to see KH1 design Sora in KH3 visuals haha

On the revived OXIII: Given 3D and the trailer - I think it's safe to assume Zexion, Lexaeus, Axel, Vexen (Surprisingly), and Xaldin are present on Sora's side as they are who awoke in Radiant Garden and we know Axel and Zexion are working with Sora.

I wonder if it's possible they're going with the 13 symbolism by possibly having "7 lights" and then having the other remaining members fill up who's left in Xehanort's Organization XIII.

Well it’s a newly formed organization that reuses both new and old people. It also hopefully gives more depth to each of the characters this time around 

So who’s getting the game for PS4/PS4 Pro and who’s getting it for XBOX ONE/Xbox One X? Also question, will KH3 run at 4K on 4K televisions?

I’m getting it for PS4. And since KH 1.5 and 2.5 is PS Pro enabled, it only stands to reason 3 would be the same and therefore in 4K. 

I think a better question to ask would have been “who’s getting the XBOne version” since it’s a safe bet the majority of us are getting PS4.

Although I have a PS4, I may actually end up buying this on Xbox One instead, so that me and my brother can both play it.

I guess I’m asking because I’m seeing more people interested in picking it up on Xbox One X since it technically is the best system to play it on power wise if you’re wanting the best optimized experience with the game(consistent frame rate with little dropping, true 4K, etc.)

ALSO WAT

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

I guess I’m asking because I’m seeing more people interested in picking it up on Xbox One X since it technically is the best system to play it on power wise if you’re wanting the best optimized experience with the game(consistent frame rate with little dropping, true 4K, etc.)

ALSO WAT

Will now,  if this means what I think it means,  then I'm even more a prophet with this series than I knew before! Kek.

On a small note, I can't believe I'm saying this but...

I honestly think Birth By Sleep's Disney worlds might be some of the strongest in the series. Running through with both Terra and Ventus, I mean it helps that each character only has a small portion to run through, but I honestly find it works decently well working into the original plot. And I think the reason it does this is instead of having an overall goal of finding Riku and/or stopping Organization XIII in KH2, there is no solid goal so to speak in Birth By Sleep. Terra is sent to find Xehanort and for once, the Disney villains actually have means of giving him info that ties him into the plot (Maleficant using his darkness to steal Aurora's heart or the Evil Queen using the mirror to find info on Xehanort).

For Ven, his entire story hinges on becoming a warrior on his own right and finding new friends, which works surprisingly well with worlds like Deep Space and Olympus, and even a solid number of Disney worlds go somewhat original with the plots. Deep Space is far removed from Lilo & Stitch's intro, to the point Sparky gets a boss battle, and Stitch escapes at least twice, as well as Jumba pulling off a prison break with Terra's help. Neverland is an adventure with Peter Pan VS Captain Hook, Enchanted Domain has Aurora already asleep and instead focuses on Maleficant manipulating the theft of her heart and then recovery of it by Ven. Olympus focuses on Herc being a weakling (which I know was covered in the movie but mixing Zack changes things up a bit). 

I don't know, after Kingdom Hearts 2 where it felt like I was just running through movies but Sora plopped into the middle of it to make things happen, it's actually kind of refreshing to have shorter worlds only focusing on small portions of the movies while still decently fitting in the original characters. I suppose it does help that the main baddie of the game also has a mystery which means he can't interfere much with the Disney plots. It's quite like how Maleficant and the Disney villains ran the show in the first game and then Ansem popped up in the end-game.

2 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Will now,  if this means what I think it means,  then I'm even more a prophet with this series than I knew before! Kek.

you’re telling me you predicted pirates coming back specifically the third one and having its plot revolve around jack looking for the exact same mysterious box from Back cover

67E5872C-66FE-49A2-95E1-4B72AB2B661E.png

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

...what do you think this means?

Basically, I'd long ago predicted that if Pirates of the Caribbean came back, that they'd skip to Pirates 3, since 2 is pretty much what I consider a "first half" incident anyway.

In addition to predicting that, I also managed to predict Jack being a bit more savvy to the machinations of other worlds (so much so that I've incorporated such ideals into an AU version of his that I've been writing well before these news in), which this latest news may suggest stuff. (God help us if that man also finally gets a keyblade)!

Also, I predicted that his rivalry with a revived Luxord would continue if we got a new Pirates encounter.

Another thing i predicted was that if there were ever to be  macguffin involved with POTC in Kingdom Hearts, it would be the heart of Davy Jones which is the Dead Man's chest. Kingdom Hearts has never really done one-to-one plot adaptations so it's easy to suggest that for one reason or another, Jack's after the Heart of JOnes, or at least the box that holds it, which I'd think, is liable to get mixed up, or is in association with the box everyone else is after as well.

If, my 5th prediction, in addition to the 3 I've gotten right so far, comes to pass, then we may finally have Nomura ditching that stupid "no interference rule" in the long run, and the Disney characters might finally get to even come along for the ride, by the end. Which would be about time.

31 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

If, my 5th prediction, in addition to the 3 I've gotten right so far, comes to pass, then we may finally have Nomura ditching that stupid "no interference rule" in the long run, and the Disney characters might finally get to even come along for the ride, by the end. Which would be about time.

Heavily doubting this.

Also I kinda also predicted pirates returning in a similar fashion. We have a scene in 2 with jack literally eavesdropping on Sora about not being from that world. So yeah if you paid attention to that bit, jack being more interested in the nature of worlds possibly makes sense and seems all the more likely 

That feeling when you see Kairi and Riku got their keyblades from Terra and Aqua by grabbing their retrospective keyblades - Kairi not even needing to go through a proper ceremony like Riku did and it was totally accidental on Aqua's part...

...And then you remember in KH2 when Sora willingly gave Jack Sparrow his keyblade.

Oh boy. Angryjoe said he’s going to review KH3, and kh fans are panicking, since joe said he’ll rip the story if he’s confused. Joe hasn’t played any of the other games for context, so can’t say that’s entirely fair personally. Like I can get if you’ve played a few of the games and haven’t enjoyed it, but starting with the very last game and expecting it to make sense? Eh...even if KH’s plot wasn’t as convoluted as it is, that still doesn’t exactly seem fair to start at the end and critique the plot for not making sense 

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Oh boy. Angryjoe said he’s going to review KH3, and kh fans are panicking, since joe said he’ll rip the story if he’s confused. Joe hasn’t played any of the other games for context, so can’t say that’s entirely fair personally. Like I can get if you’ve played a few of the games and haven’t enjoyed it, but starting with the very last game and expecting it to make sense? Eh...even if KH’s plot wasn’t as convoluted as it is, that still doesn’t exactly seem fair to start at the end and critique the plot for not making sense 

"i'm going to jump into the third main entry of a long running series without the literal port of the entire series for a low price on the console i own and rip it apart for not getting it's plot without making real effort to follow things!" 

Thanks for the reminder why I don't watch you anymore AJ.

Just realized. If there are 7 new princesses, why isn’t that ever brought up in Union X? They seem to only be aware of the ones we have now and go off about their importance and safety needing to be kept. If they’re using the book of prophecy, shouldn’t it be also taking into account the future princesses?

So, I was looking back at the trailers from E3, and I think I can safely say that the Monsters Inc. world is indeed set after the events of the movie.

Firstly, the scare floor doesn't just have balloons hung up. There are also signs reading "Be Funny", just like the ones at the end of the movie.

Secondly (though this is more of a guess), Vanitas mentions how the Unversed were collecting screams and sadness from children, to which Mike also notes that they were "trashing the company in the process". Wouldn't it make sense that collecting these negative emotions after the company switched to a stronger, more positive energy would have a bad impact on Monsters Incorporated, and potentially the rest of the monster world?

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, KHCast said:

you’re telling me you predicted pirates coming back specifically the third one and having its plot revolve around jack looking for the exact same mysterious box from Back cover

67E5872C-66FE-49A2-95E1-4B72AB2B661E.png

Come on now KHCast. :U There's no need to be so presumptuous and rude there. You didn't even give me a chance to actually say my predictions before trying to ridicule me there. Where's your optimistic spirit? Even if it's gone, that's no excuse, and there's no need to ruin speculation for other folk.

Also, please don't misconstrue what I say to project like that please.

26 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

So, I was looking back at the trailers from E3, and I think I can safely say that the Monsters Inc. world is indeed set after the events of the movie.

Mmhmm. And like I said earlier, if not the whole world experience, definitely by the time of that scene we were shown. It makes too much sense. That, coupled with the fact that we haven't gotten clarification yet on when the Monster world is set, does point to either a different take on the plot (aside from the usual KH norm of course), or this being set as a sequel to the movie, at the pint where the monster world is still adapting to the ideas that children aren't toxic and that laughs are more profitable than screams, etc.

Ties in well with @Johnny Boy's observations as well.

26 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Secondly (though this is more of a guess), Vanitas mentions how the Unversed were collecting screams and sadness from children, to which Mike also notes that they were "trashing the company in the process". Wouldn't it make sense that collecting these negative emotions after the company switched to a stronger, more positive energy would have a bad impact on Monsters Incorporated, and potentially the rest of the monster world?

You know, thinking back to the actual movie itself, you're absolutely right. IN the movie, the company still relying on screams was going deeper and deeper into the toilet, to the point where there were "scream shortages"" and blackouts due to the lack of children getting scared, not to mention that yeah, company stocks were going down hard until they changed to laughs.

2 hours ago, NegaMetallix said:

Firstly, the scare floor doesn't just have balloons hung up. There are also signs reading "Be Funny", just like the ones at the end of the movie.

Call me stupid, but I scanned through the footage again and I can't see these signs. I see a few signs that have a little bit of colour, specifically above the scare floor when Vanitas is giving his rant but actual text? I can't find it.

As for Vanitas, I mean you can clearly see helicopters chasing the group which indicates the CDA are after the monsters, and the only reason I can think of why is because of Boo. I took that to assume Vanitas set up Boo being uncovered by the CDA and he's been sending heartless and/or unversed to attack the company (making sense, considering that you clearly see Sora fighting them inside of the scare floor itself). Mike says they're "trashing the company in the process", that can easily be taken as the Heartless destroying Monsters Inc's name by revealing a child got through and is unleashed in the monster world.

I'm sorry, but there's still too much contradictory information here that doesn't fit. Monsters shouldn't be afraid of children by this point. And on top of that, if we're running the assumption that they've converted to laughter and the scares is messing the company's name - that makes even less sense because if that was the case, and as seen by the end of the movie - it would've been extremely well published that Mike and Sully took over the company, shifted the direction and made it successful again, ensuring children weren't seen as toxic by the end. Unless they're trying to keep second visits hidden for whatever reason or giving extremely terrible and clunky exposition by having Mike act so cautionary around Boo when it came to Sora and co, none of these can fit together whatsoever. If they've switched to laughter, it is a terrible bit of writing on Nomura's part because he's royally screwed where things is supposed to be set here.

Oh silly us! It's been confirmed since February that Monsters Inc's story in this game is an original one. Looks like moi, @NegaMetallix and @Johnny Boy are certainly onto something after all.