Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

pretty much  the last few days of arguing in the KH community against mainstream audiences can be boiled down to this 

• Thumbs Up 2

Y'know, I just realized something. 

Aqua is tricked into revealing Ven's location as Castle Oblivion in 0.2, which takes place during KH1's plot. Which would seem to mean that somehow Xemnas was still able to control and gain information from Terra as the two would've been a nobody/heartless by that point. I wonder if this means the reason why Chain of Memories is a thing isn't about the plot with Namine and Sora, but Xemnas wanted an excuse to have the Organization check the castle for Ventus' location under the guise of doing it to turn Sora into their puppet, only for the team to ultimately not respond and Xemnas then being taken up with KH2's plot.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Y'know, I just realized something. 

Aqua is tricked into revealing Ven's location as Castle Oblivion in 0.2, which takes place during KH1's plot. Which would seem to mean that somehow Xemnas was still able to control and gain information from Terra as the two would've been a nobody/heartless by that point. I wonder if this means the reason why Chain of Memories is a thing isn't about the plot with Namine and Sora, but Xemnas wanted an excuse to have the Organization check the castle for Ventus' location under the guise of doing it to turn Sora into their puppet, only for the team to ultimately not respond and Xemnas then being taken up with KH2's plot.

I mean, Days kinda already alludes to this in the movie 

Just now, KHCast said:

I mean, Days kinda already alludes to this in the movie 

Alludes, yes. Still cool to have somewhat practical confirmation this was indeed the case. 

On another note -

FUCK MYSTERIOUS FIGURE

The original intent of the Organizations ownership of Castle Oblivion was to study it and use it as a research environment(this included experimenting on Sora to which Marluxia abused.). Xemnas(the body end mind possibly of both Terra and Xehanort while Ansem was just his will), possibly using Aquas armor to speak to Aqua in the RoD(or it was similar to the lingering will where its aquas will and memories.) learned of Ven and secretly with only Xigbar knowing possibly also was looking for Ven. 

I’ll go more in detail with a rant later, but honestly, Birth By Sleep’s superbosses are frankly the worst designed bosses in the entire series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, HIT, dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, HIT...

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I’ll go more in detail with a rant later, but honestly, Birth By Sleep’s superbosses are frankly the worst designed bosses in the entire series.

Oh wait till you get to 3D then. Bosses like Julius necessitate drastic measures that may seem broken, but trust me, you'll have a clear conscience and no guilt in using them with how painful bosses can get.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, HIT, dodge roll, dodge roll, dodge roll, HIT...

Birth By Sleep’s fundamental design flaw is literally all superbosses require you putting yourself at constant risk to do any damage. I’ve beaten Vanitas, No Heart, and Armour Of The Master already and other than Armour which has a few set ups that lets you use a shot lock safely, I’ve literally had to take damage to dish out damage each and every time, which means I’m constantly having to spam and heal right after.

Even healing is a disaster considering that the superbosses, being as relentless as they are will likely just immediately combo you as soon as you’re out of the animation. 

Davy Jones confirmed for 3. Speculation about Randall still going on.

One of the reasons the Carribean was added was because of the climactic battle at the end of at worlds end and showing that off in KH3.

also Monster World apparently is after the film by what the video is saying 

8 hours ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Oh wait till you get to 3D then. Bosses like Julius necessitate drastic measures that may seem broken, but trust me, you'll have a clear conscience and no guilt in using them with how painful bosses can get.

I honestly think the bosses are better their despite having some of the same design flaws. If only just because your movement isn't as slow and ground based as BBS's is. I thought julius was pretty fair game too honestly, however he does require a lot more hit and run.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm Yknow, now that I think about it, with Simba returning as a summon/link I think that’s how Stitch will return, with possibly a story arc in Radiant Garden. At this point he’s not getting a Hawaii world, and there’s still lots to work with regarding his character, especially considering how Terra, Aqua and Ven are returning in 3. So I’m calling it, Stitch will be a summon/link.

ITS OUT

• Thumbs Up 1

The Angry Joe drama is supposedly done. He’s posted a vid on YouTube about the “toxic KH fanbase harassing him”(k lol) and admitted he was “joking” the whole time with the community in a tweet. So basically damage control.

honesty, this was just ridiculous. Joe and his fans were labeling anyone disagreeing with his initial comments that were kh fans as harassing KH white knight defenders, when in reality people(from what I saw on Twitter) were making respectful disagreeing arguments about how it didn’t seem fair to shit on 3 for not explaining everything that’s going on. I don’t get why people are taking that as “oh those KH extremists. Just ignore them joe!” I mean I’m sure there were some extremists, and they’re truly shitty for making everyone look bad, but joe wasn’t some angel either 

14 minutes ago, KHCast said:

HMK

He was...? Because I saw him being accused of such and then replying to Joe's response with sarcasm.

5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

He was...? Because I saw him being accused of such and then replying to Joe's response with sarcasm.

I meant Joe & his fanbase

Just now, KHCast said:

I meant Joe & his fanbase

Ah, you might want to edit that comment then since it appears like you're saying HMK was on Joe's side and talking about "white-knight" KH fans.

I don't think Joe was right for taking those jabs at the KH fanbase, but I really can't blame him for not wanting to play the original games right now.  I've seen a lot of comments pretty much calling him lazy for not just picking up the remasters and playing them, but that's 5 fairly standard length JRPGs and 3 movies to get through.  It's a lengthy time commitment for anyone to get through, and Joe no doubt has a lot of other priorities with both games and movies this year.

He's also right that SE has a job to get newcomers invested in the story with KHIII.  It's the first major console release for KH in over a decade, it's the first KH game to ever be released on Xbox consoles (which currently doesn't have the remasters), and it's got that Disney star power backing it, and how close SE has gotten to the visuals of those movies this time is turning some heads.

Joe definitely shouldn't have fanned the flames like he did though.  Didn't help anyone.

• Thumbs Up 5

While it may be the first console game in awhile, it’s not the first KH game in forever. We’ve had games in between, and re-releases and synopsis’s of the story. There really isn’t a excuse to go in blind at this point and complain about not knowing what’s going on with all the ways there are to get caught up. I can’t really blame KH3, the end of a saga, here. It’s like expecting the final lord of the rings movie, or Infinity War to catch you up on everything and be accessible to newcomers 

though this is kinda a moot point since 3’s been confirmed to have a catch-up story thing, but still

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I can’t really blame KH3, the end of a saga, here. It’s like expecting the final lord of the rings movie, or Infinity War to catch you up on everything and be accessible to newcomers 

I mean, considering how they're releasing KH3 in Microsoft territory. The one out of the big 3 that has the least business, let alone experience with the Kingdom Hearts series, and with none of the backup stuff or collections of past games, I can see why they need to strive for newcomers.

Sure, whenever it comes to Switch, Nintendo fans will have an easier time getting into it, but it's safe to assume a lot of Microsoft fans haven't been keeping up with Kingdom Hearts until now, are interested, but don't want to bother having to buy all the supplementary material to understand what's going on, and some likely don't prefer having to watch massive video sum-ups that they'd rather be playing.

Metal Gear Solid is one thing, but that was just summing up one  game.

3 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Kingdom Hearts until now, are interested, but don't want to bother having to buy all the supplementary material to understand what's going on, and some likely don't prefer having to watch massive video sum-ups that they'd rather be playing.

So then that’s being stubborn if you won’t take either way and just expect 3 to just hand you all the information so you aren’t lost. It’s a continuous narrative franchise continuing on from the previous games story. There’s not much room to suddenly stop and recap what’s happened so far.

4 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Metal Gear Solid is one thing, but that was just summing up one  game.

MGS4 had to shittly sum up the entire series as many newcomers joined there as it was the first MGS game on PS3

Undoubtedly BbS and 3D are probably the most important games to get through right now in terms of how they set up KHIII's story, but I feel the general public has already written those games (and the other portable titles) off as spin-offs because they're not labeled as one of the big ones and because of the hardware they debuted on.

And while it may be the end of a saga, Angry Joe also gave an excellent comparison point with Witcher 3 and how many of that series' fans jumped in on the end of that particular saga.  Witcher I and II set up a lot of the plot points and characters that III uses, but III still worked incredibly well as its own stand alone story for many.

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

I really can’t see the Xbox version selling well tbh.

After the Microsoft conference reaction, yeah probably won’t.