Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

31 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The limited edition PS4 Pro will apparently have leather. 

This sounds like a fire hazard.

• Chuckle 1

Considering Sony okay’d this, there’s probably protections in place that will keep the system from getting set on fire

I mean,  Sony have made stupid decisions before,  so who knows yet?

Stupid decisions regarding the hardware/system itself? They’re dumb, but sony products hardware wise are usually up to snuff(game and non game wise. At least as far as I can recall) Plus I think they’d have to get this checked by a health and safety division before they can actually sell it right? Isn’t that a legal requirement for any product being sold by companies like Sony? 

and on top of everything, this definitely I highly doubt would be an oversight not asked about. This wouldn’t be like when a system has a malfunction or is defective issu, this is a blatant feature they use to promote the thing.

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Stupid decisions regarding the hardware/system itself?

The PS3 was a thing, so yes.

18 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

The PS3 was a thing, so yes.

Yeah and the Xbox 360 existed and the less said about Nintendo’s history and dumb decisions the better. The PS4 hardware wise has been pretty sound, and if you’re literally thinking they’re that dumb to check this off without consideration and health hazards based on the fact of the PS3 existing, well, okay...? Again this is a selling factor for this specific PlayStation, so they’re gonna wanna proof it before selling, and may even legally need to for liability reasons 

16 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah and the Xbox 360 existed and the less said about Nintendo’s history and dumb decisions the better.

Your point being? You asked if Sony had done something stupid with hardware and let it get out of hand, and there's your answer. This isn't really a discussion about the competition.

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The PS4 hardware wise has been pretty sound, and if you’re literally thinking they’re that dumb to check this off without consideration and health hazards based on the fact of the PS3 existing, well, okay...?

I said it's a possibility. Not a certainty even. I don't see why you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here. Sony have made stupid decisions. They get cocky at times, even as of recent. I don't rule out the chance of something going wrong.

Sure it’s a possibility, I’m not saying it’s not, all I’m saying is considering this is a first regarding the PS4, they likely aren’t going to not take the issues people are already noting into consideration, as there’s a shit ton of legal ramifications potentially to be had if say, a PS4 catches on fire in someone’s house or internally melts it’s insides. Sony is a company and they have things like this to consider which I feel some are overlooking . 

From what the comments are saying, it seems it’s just the top that is thinly layered, so if that’s the case, this probably won’t be too bad

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Sony is a company and they have things like this to consider which I feel some are overlooking . 

Again, the reason some people are reasonably worried, is because Sony have screwed up that badly in the past before. It's a case of "We'll wait and see with the upmost of caution, given Sony's track record".

Sony’s track record regarding technical fuckups/oversights regarding a system is probably the smallest of the 3, so we may as well apply skepticism to each console distributor lol. and once again, the difference here is this is a blatant selling feature not a internal technical error of the system not intended. They’re not gonna sell/advertise a sketchy feature like that without testing. Sony’s dumb at times, but they still have common sense every now and then along with lawyers.This really shouldn’t be a “wait and see” situation for the reasons I’ve already laid out. If it’s just the top being thinly layered, it’s more than likely safe. I’ve left items on top of the system while running it and it’s been fine 

ftr I’m not mad or anything. Just tired just in case you think I’m getting heated. Lol

46 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Sony’s track record regarding technical fuckups/oversights regarding a system is probably the smallest of the 3,

Debatable. They've had numerous screw-ups. Just because they've had the most sales in some cases doesn't mean they've been the best well maintained.

so we may as well apply skepticism to each console distributor lol.

Implying we don't? kek. Look, Sony are the one making a console with leather, not Nintendo or even Microsoft, bone-headed as the latter has been lately.

That's the point of contention to begin with. Now, if the competition does this, you can bet people wold be just as skeptical, so let's not try and call double standards on this one.

They’re not gonna sell/advertise a sketchy feature like that without testing.

Well no duh there. That doesn't eliminate the chance of something going wrong. Again, you can't fault people for going with the reasonable "Wait and see" mentality when plenty of blunders can occur, just because they don't show up during testing.

If it’s just the top being thinly layered

Speaking of which, the leather is still a fire hazard as some have pointed out beforehand as well. Caution and worry from the consumer base really shouldn't come as a surprise

Unless there’s potentially something between the system and the leather to make sure the two aren’t directly in contact.(unless you’re meaning line hazard as in it can burn if say a cigarette or something is lit near it or it’s by some kind of flame. Which in that case, well that should go without saying for a lot of things being a hazard lol)

21 hours ago, KHCast said:

ftr I’m not mad or anything. Just tired just in case you think I’m getting heated. Lol

Funny joke,  given the fire hazard matter. Though the two aren't always mutually exclusive. 

So I’m just doing the cheap gummy ship trick for 2. As much as I enjoy them in this game, fuck are they annoying to S tank outside lv. 1 and 2

so I was looking at the new render of Sora some more and...

A43B86A3-79D3-4066-8858-DF764820FBB2.png

9F7651F0-4DA4-494B-81FA-EC6C2ADF3EC2.png

Nomura you clever bastard. Right in the feels ;_;

Also is this model new?

67A2477F-9801-4127-83FB-DAE669334EEE.png

Sorry bout all the posts btw, just figured they’re all different enough in topic to justify. If you need to merge a couple that’s fine! 

So I’m going through all the Kingdom Hearts games again to prepare for 3. Decided on 1 game a month. Anyway, after going through 1, I’ve realized a couple things.

1. There’s A LOT of retcons that happen as 2 hit. For example, Simba’s journal entry heavily confirms that this is post-Lion King 1 Simba, hence why he has a strong heart enough to stay as a summon as his world disappears 

The leader of the pride. He rules over the other animals of the Pride Lands, his savanna kingdom.

upon playing KH2, this is clearly not the case as this is mid through lion king when everyone thinks he’s dead, clearly not king, and he’s depressed, so clearly at that point didn’t have a “strong heart” as initially implied. 

And of course there’s all the stuff regarding Xehanort, his ambitions and goals, 0.2, etc. which end up making changes or just ignoring certain things established in 1.(Mickey is chatting with Riku before Sora revisits Hollow bastion, but in 0.2 he’s talking to Riku after he just gets the keyblade of darkness and is teleported to the door to KH, RIGHT BEFORE Riku shows up to help Sora close the door.) A lot of this stuff honestly distracted me while trying to pay attention to the story.

2. It(along with days, re:com and re:Coded) were really the only titles to take original liberties with the Disney world’s that just took slight inspiration from the movies. I can appreciate this a lot, seeing as how the series currently for the most part has been just doing the whole abridged version of the films and Sora(or whoever is the main character) happens to be there. Yeah, there were exceptions, like tron to a degree, the second visits in 2, etc., but for the most part they really shifted the importance of the Disney world’s. I mean I can understand that it can get hard to make original plots that still loosely connect to the source material with some of these world’s, especially with Disney breathing down their neck, but adding a bit more originality to them I’m sure was doable(like the Simba thing. Maybe as a way to get him out of his depression, Sora points out how when simbas world disappeared he was strong enough to keep fighting in hope of it returning, or something). It’s why I’m so relived that 3 seems to be a heavy mix of both styles, cause don’t get me wrong I don’t outright hate the abridged style, just thought it was a bit shallow and made the world’s feel like filler. 3 seems to be doing a much better job regarding the abridged world’s so far, frozen and tangled seem to still have originally woven plot elements while also telling the original movie plots, and I can appreciate that.

3. Is it just me, or is the game not as difficult as I remember? I was able to beat it on proud and get the secret endings without much trouble. I just had to factor in that enemies do more damage. Maybe it’s because I chose the shield and so got important defensive abilities early, and tinker bell once you get her breaks the game, but man, I was expecting more dying lol. I mean the final boss I was able to just spam attack on, with aeroa active to mitigate damage with tink curing me, and I took him out without realizing.

Anyway, gonna take a break before I get into Re: CoM. That’s not until next month.

Fucking. Marshmello. is playing KH3. Guys kinda a music icon atm if you aren’t aware, and I’m impressed they’ve got even him in on the KH craze going on. But the video itself is kinda cringe.

On 7/15/2018 at 9:16 AM, KHCast said:

1. There’s A LOT of retcons that happen as 2 hit. For example, Simba’s journal entry heavily confirms that this is post-Lion King 1 Simba, hence why he has a strong heart enough to stay as a summon as his world disappears 

upon playing KH2, this is clearly not the case as this is mid through lion king when everyone thinks he’s dead, clearly not king, and he’s depressed, so clearly at that point didn’t have a “strong heart” as initially implied. 

And of course there’s all the stuff regarding Xehanort, his ambitions and goals, 0.2, etc. which end up making changes or just ignoring certain things established in 1.(Mickey is chatting with Riku before Sora revisits Hollow bastion, but in 0.2 he’s talking to Riku after he just gets the keyblade of darkness and is teleported to the door to KH, RIGHT BEFORE Riku shows up to help Sora close the door.) A lot of this stuff honestly distracted me while trying to pay attention to the story.

Well the whole retcon thing is incredibly obvious. Going from "Ansem" being the real Ansem, to being a pupil of his who took his name. And that's just the tip of it.

I didn't really catch the Simba parts, but the main thing I know is that Simba definitely recognizes Sora and Co., so him being a summon in the first game isn't just a gameplay mechanic, its storyline canon. Which is weird, but ok, I'll go with it.

I'm kinda feeling like we'll get a Hawaii level. Otherwise, instead I could see Destiny Islands finally being a playable world and Stitch is there as well, ignoring Lilo and Stitch. But idk. Just thinking about how Stitch was a summon in KH2, like how Simba was a summon in KH1, then his world shows up in the next game and he recognizes them.

Stitch could show acknowledgement about seeing Ventus and Aqua in Sora and Kairi, as well.

I feel as if stitch will still be in raidiant garden tbh. Did he end up leaving that world at the end of 2?

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I feel as if stitch will still be in raidiant garden tbh. Did he end up leaving that world at the end of 2?

I don't think he did. Or at least, there's no cutscene of any kind to imply he did.

The last (and only second) time we see Stitch before he becomes a summon is during the Battle of 1000 Heartless. After that, you just find his summon badge in a treasure chest, and that's it.

Yeah in that case I think he’s likely to stay in radiant garden, if only to easily work in his BBS story arc regarding Terra, Aqua, and Ven.

Cosmetics and equipment mostly, at least at first: they're the most obvious, easy to produce and that wouldn't cause too much problem.
If they do DLC story segments they'll arrive later, they're probably gonna use FFXV model since that was effective.