Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Hmmm, well they could definitely get the HD collection ported squeaky clean. And honestly given how Nintendo has had the second highest involvement with KH, not to mention how Ninty and Squeenix have been getting friendly with each if the recent surge of Final Fantasy products coming to the Switch is any indication, it does sound pleasantly plausible.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could see another Kingdom Hearts spinoff coming to switch, but I doubt we'd ever get Kingdom Hearts 3 proper. It's a very high fidelity game with all sorts of affects going on, especially during combat. This isn't just visual stuff either. The game is using the better hardware to do things like load more weapons in for Sora at once to switch between at will. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The game is using the better hardware to do things like load more weapons in for Sora at once to switch between at will. 

Give it a good optimizer and it can work Ark V showed quite well with the Switch. The decision is completely up to Square though and if they see profit for it.

I honestly doubt it. If they couldn't get FF XV working on it and had to resort to placing in the crappy mobile edition instead, I don't have high hopes they'd bother with KH3.

I'd be over the moon for the 1.5 + 2.5 collection though.

39 minutes ago, Wraith said:

It's a very high fidelity game with all sorts of affects going on, especially during combat.

Fidelity rates are actually quantifiable if you apply them to the right outliers. Issue is the cost in optimizing them, and of course, compatibility. Compatibility shouldn't be as much an issue, with slight downgrades, buuuuut admittedly the cost of such is where Squeeniz might raise an eyebrow.

Take it from a video games college course member.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If they couldn't get FF XV working on it and had to resort to placing in the crappy mobile edition instead,

That was strictly Square's own baffling choice. And we're well aware they don't always make the most logical choices. The entire XIII trilogy is proof enough of that.

If they wanted to get it ported just fine, it's well within their ability to do so.

The re-release of the mobile edition was for all platforms anyway, so that was obviously more of a money pursuit than anything.

6 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Give it a good optimizer and it can work Ark V showed quite well with the Switch. The decision is completely up to Square though and if they see profit for it.

The AAA games that have come to the switch so far have been the simplest and most contained. This game's combat is taking advantage of the new processing power get a lot more going on at once during a given fight than ever before. There's 4 party members, more enemies on screen than ever before and all of the different weapons and styles Sora can seamlessly switch between. That's also not getting into what the later areas where the games usually get really crazy will look like. 

But hey, you seem to have a better grasp on this stuff than I do. I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong. I'm just doubt it from where I'm sitting

I could just more easily see them making a new Kingdom Hearts game for switch instead. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, since I have both consoles and a new KH game for each would be nice for me. 

Just now, Wraith said:

I could just more easily see them making a new Kingdom Hearts game for switch instead.

Much as I like that idea, I have to wonder, how a spin-off would work. Considering how the games never really have had spinoffs. It's actually kind of fun to think of.

Hey, if it means we can FINALLY have an actual crossover between these worlds and not that stupid "No interfering" law. I'll gladly accept.

Hmmmm, maybe a spinoff centered around the Disney characters at that? The possibilities!

What I could see them doing is porting 2.8 to the Switch. The areas don't nearly match the scope that's seemingly appearing in KH3 and doesn't have the extra bells and whistles like party members and the like, so they could use it as a potential tech test for the Switch.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Much as I like that idea, I have to wonder, how a spin-off would work. Considering how the games never really have had spinoffs. It's actually kind of fun to think of.

Hey, if it means we can FINALLY have an actual crossover between these worlds and not that stupid "No interfering" law. I'll gladly accept.

Hmmmm, maybe a spinoff centered around the Disney characters at that? The possibilities!

When I say "Spinoffs" I mean games outside of the numbered games since most of those were on Nintendo hardware anyway. Another game like those. 

Just now, Wraith said:

When I say "Spinoffs" I mean games outside of the numbered games since most of those were on Nintendo hardware anyway. Another game like those. 

Oh....so something like KH3D. The sad thing is that they're technically not spinoffs, but I get what you mean. Though, given how Square seem insistent on grouping things altogether these days, I wonder if they'd really be willing to do that stuff again. Then again, with the Switch selling like hotcakes and Octopath Traveler exceeding their expectations, that is a possibility.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Dapper Ridley said:

Oh....so something like KH3D. The sad thing is that they're technically not spinoffs, but I get what you mean. Though, given how Square seem insistent on grouping things altogether these days, I wonder if they'd really be willing to do that stuff again. Then again, with the Switch selling like hotcakes and Octopath Traveler exceeding their expectations, that is a possibility.

Well, a game released on the switch could easily be ported to PS4. That wouldn't be a big issue if that was really bugging them. 

I don't think we'll stop seeing Kingdom Hearts games on different hardware in the future though. The all in one package stuff is just a convenient way to make money cashing in on the hype of a long awaited title. 

Wasn’t there something awhile back about how KH1 and 2 were using Sony tech so legally Sony have some level of ownership on those two? That could explain also why we haven’t seen these collections on other things 

SE's made enough of a habit of it that I'm sure the Switch will get at least another Kingdom Hearts spin-off someday; the only question is when would be an appropriate time.  They're presently wrapping up the first series, so you'd think they'd need to begin a new series as well before there'd be grounds for a new spin-off.  But at the same time, it's not like that's stopped them before, so I could easily see the Switch getting some kind of epilogue or prologue spin-off title.

So apparently All in One is a limited time product only being available on the store? Not sure the details cause squares shitty email broke on me so now I can’t opej and read passed the headline of it which just says “limited quantities available”

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Funko Pop seemingly leaked KH3 having drive forms. There's exclusive pop figures of KH3 Wisdom Form Sora, and something called "Guardian Form".

And with that, a bunch of new story bomb drops were revealed and the fanbase is going crazy.

Spoiler

-Maleficent attempted to travel back in time after Ansem-Riku stabbed her

-Xehanort taught her about time travel 

-the world she’s in is actually a data word

-The MoM had created data worlds for after the keyblade war, and would encompass the new worlds we see after that war.(Castle of Dreams, Enchanted Dominion, etc.)

-so these are data worlds within the realm of sleep

-as they’re data, the events cannot be altered

-The MoM knew Maleficent would try this so intentionally created this world as a way to also trap her

-the MoM didn’t create a data world of one world which houses a princess because Maleficent knows about the events in that world

There’s more I’m missing I’m sure, but off the top of my head, that’s what I know for sure 

Nomura man. You had one job. You actively spat at it, it seems. :U

"KH Union X will have all of the story details for KH3 already".

"oh btw here's important story bits that the english fanbase estimates they won't get til after kh3 releases"

• My Emmerdoods 1

Remember when Nomura outright said this game wouldn’t be that important or even be needed as it would just be a loose retelling of the keyblade war and nothing else??? Remember that guys?????? 

I fucking hate this 

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Remember when Nomura outright said this game wouldn’t be that important or even be needed as it would just be a loose retelling of the keyblade war and nothing else??? Remember that guys?????? 

I fucking hate this 

This is why its justifiable to not like how many side games there are, which are basically mandatory to understand the story. If you're playing KH3, in theory, you should only need to understand KH1 and KH2. Not 20 other side games as well.

7 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

This is why its justifiable to not like how many side games there are, which are basically mandatory to understand the story. If you're playing KH3, in theory, you should only need to understand KH1 and KH2. Not 20 other side games as well.

Yeah, but Union X is also designed with hours upon hours of filler content to justify being a long running gasha game. Not only is it repetitive, but the story you DO get is very far and between and filled with stupid things to fill up time, like gathering Gummi Pieces for Donald and Goofy, or the most recent and notorious example, having months of story literally be nothing but retellings of Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty.

• Thumbs Up 1