Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

39 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So question, am I like the only kingdom hearts ssmb member that’s actually steering clear of spoilers or....?

I looked at every spoiler there is to look at.

54 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So question, am I like the only kingdom hearts ssmb member that’s actually steering clear of spoilers or....?

I'm going for any and all spoilers I can possibly find. Knowing what's in store ensures me that I'm getting my money's worth and makes me more hyped to play the game.

It also lets me know what to be disappointed about earlier on so I can mull on it for a bit and already be over it by the time I get the game.

I’ve watched some non-spoilery gameplay footage of Twilight Town, Monstropolis, Caribbean, and San Fransokyo (no cutscenes or anything) the opening movie at low quality, and the opening menu with the new version of Dearly Beloved, but otherwise, I’m doing the same as Ryan.

33 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’ve watched some non-spoilery gameplay footage of Twilight Town, Monstropolis, Caribbean, and San Fransokyo (no cutscenes or anything) the opening movie at low quality, and the opening menu with the new version of Dearly Beloved, but otherwise, I’m doing the same as Ryan.

Personally, stage layout to me, especially for new stages is a spoiler since then you’re not experiencing these new worlds for yourself and being exposed to them for the first time. So to each their own. I’m just steering clear of everything since it’s berm 13 years I’ve been waiting  

53 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I looked at every spoiler there is to look at.

Yeah figured 

from what people have said I guess the answer is yes to my initial question lol. *sigh* well guess I’m taking a break from here 

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Personally, stage layout to me, especially for new stages is a spoiler since then you’re not experiencing these new worlds for yourself and being exposed to them for the first time. So to each their own. I’m just steering clear of everything since it’s berm 13 years I’ve been waiting  

I mean, what's the difference between watching gameplay not officially released, and the officially released trailers/demos/gameplay segments/whatever else that we've gotten since the original announcement? The layout of worlds would still technically be spoiled so I don't see the difference.

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

from what people have said I guess the answer is yes to my initial question lol. *sigh* well guess I’m taking a break from here 

Except spoiler tags are a thing and mods are likely on lookout for spoilers as well?

Avoiding temptation? And mods don’t always check this topic so if something gets slipped out, there’s no guarantee it’ll get covered quick 

also trailers aren’t full playthroughs of the stage giving chunks of the layouts of the world? Worlds like frozen, the Caribbean and San Fran don’t even have much official gameplay, so those getting leaked out is even more of a spoiler 

edit: also @Waveshocker Sigma Not that I can’t see what you mean, but like that kinda takes out the fun of experiencing the game yourself if you know the story, music, secrets, etc beforehand doesn’t it?

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Not that I can’t see what you mean, but like that kinda takes out the fun of experiencing the game yourself if you know the story, music, secrets, etc beforehand doesn’t it?

For normal people, I'm sure that's the case. But the power of my high functioning Asperger's Syndrome let's my mind be so backwards that it just gets me super hyped up instead since I end up looking forward to doing it myself after seeing someone else do it. Especially if I think I can do it better.

Well, that and the fact that I usually end up forgetting a lot of it once I actually get the game in my hands even if I watched it just the previous day cause my mindset completely shifts modes from "spectator" to "gamer". I read up and watched all of what happened in World of Light the day before I Smash Ultimate and COMPLETELY forgot all of it when I started it the next day. lmao

I've not been looking for spoilers, but I don't really care about getting spoiled. Usually if I see something, I can easily put a mental block on it.

This is going to be a good game to start the year off, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Per the spoiler discussion, since I don't feel this affects me as heavily, I do want to ask that everyone be courteous about spoilers for the first month when the game is officially out. Yes, we have spoiler tags, but some people may just forget to use them and it helps to make sure we're alerted so we can sort it out since we're not really keeping close tabs on this thread. Don't be afraid to give us a heads up if you think we need to fix something.

I got to see the full intro for this game and it makes me feel really nostalgic because I loved KH I and II when I was in high school. The animation is gorgeous and I quite like the new theme. I fell off with this series a little while after KHII because all the in-between shit they were adding to the series killed my interest, along with the near thirteen year wait. But a part of me can't help but be glad the game is finally here, and if nothing else, I hope the pay off is satisfying for everyone else who didn't write this series off and stuck the wait out.

I'm really looking forward to seeing people's impressions when it drops and watching some playthroughs to get a feel for it, and I might pick up the game later in the year.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I got to see the full intro for this game and it makes me feel really nostalgic because I loved KH I and II when I was in high school. The animation is gorgeous and I quite like the new theme. I fell off with this series a little while after KHII because all the in-between shit they were adding to the series killed my interest, along with the near thirteen year wait. But a part of me can't help but be glad the game is finally here, and if nothing else, I hope the pay off is satisfying for everyone else who didn't write this series off and stuck the wait out.

I'm really looking forward to seeing people's impressions when it drops and watching some playthroughs to get a feel for it, and I might pick up the game later in the year.

Speaking of which, I forgot to mention - it got confirmed that there's a new story recap functionality called the Memory Archive that's available for every game in the series in order to get new players up to speed:

3 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Can someone explain this to me?

Hide contents

Spoiler

I'm not really sure what you want explained?

There's several pre-order keyblades for pre-ordering in certain places. Pre-order on the PS Store, receive a PlayStation themed keyblade, and vice versa for Xbox Marketplace. A place in Japan and Amazon US/Canada are offering the first keyblade shown in the toy story world.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cloud and Leon’s voice actors have confirmed they have not done recording for KH3. WELP.

had to come back to let y’all know 

People are saying no final fantasy characters are gonna show up now, but Nomura in an interview awhile back also said that fans should look forward to how they’re implemented as they require special care....I really hope that wasn’t fluff, or just referring to galaxy toys 

If i have to hazard a guess, most likely DLC bosses to face in Mount Olympus or whatever world will be used for the arena. Similar to how Final Fantasy XIII-2 handled most of its DLCs.

The one thing im hoping is that this doesn’t deconfirm radiant garden. That’d be a big shame, as that’s been like the heart of so much within KH lore 

2 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Plus theres the exclusive keyblade that comes from ordering the limited edition ps4 console

That’s just  the ps keyblade 

Regarding Radiant Garden, we know from the leaks that(spoilers)

Spoiler

It's not present at all in this game.