Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Not to take away from the KH3 talk, but I just finished the final game on my path to getting more or less every mainline platinum trophy before KH3 (the only exception being re:CoM due to time constraints meaning I only had time for either Dream Drop Distance or CoM).

Regardless of such, the final game was Dream Drop Distance...and it was just downright awful. I'm not sure if I'd place BBS or DDD as worse, because in BBS, you had to do another tedious grind three different times doing largely the same things, including all of the fucking minigames over and over again, but it is a very very very close margin. Dream Drop has several extremely dickish trophies designed to screw you over, especially the Ace Ability trophy which means if you didn't do your 100% file on Proud, you need to do a NG+, carry over your dream eaters, and get all of your support and spirit abilities all over again. Chests took forever to find in this game due to the larger worlds, the special portals were a trial in complete annoyance due to RNG, Julius was not a fun superboss whatsoever, displaying tons of the same issues that's rampant with BBS and DDD boss design, and so much more.

I said it once, I'll say it again, these command based games are fine if you play them solely for story, but even considering trying to 100% them is not worth it, they are really awfully designed for 100% completion and requires a ton of stupid grinding. It just downright ruins a decent game.

Bar my replay of 0.2 in which I'll try to finish up the objectives before KH3 comes out, that's me more or less done til KH3 releases. If anything, this made me more excited for KH3 because now I'm just desperate to finally return to the proper classic gameplay after the command nonsense.

39 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I thought it appeared in a cutscene with Ienzo?

Yeah as a cutscene, similar to how they used it in 3D. I’m referring to actual gameplay. That’d fucking suck if the only real worlds you could explore were the Disney only ones, bar twilight town. That’d be hella underwhelming given what Nomura has stated in the past.

also decided to just check @Wraiths post out on this cause I figured I’d rather know now vs wait and be potentially disappointed later 

That’s such a shame, cause it’s such an important world to the franchise. I really don’t see why they’d not include it in the 3rd numbered title...unless they intend it to be a dlc world for a possible FF story arc. (There was that data leak from like a year ago that had “RG” iirc.) Well regardless, they better make it up with something, cause if the only original worlds they got are the keyblade graveyard, Twilight Town and scala, then Nomura basically lied about there being more original worlds than 2.(2 had TT, TWTNW, Disney Castle, mysterious tower, and radiant garden. 3 I believe only would have Twilight town, mysterious tower, and possibly the keyblade graveyard/scala, but the last one may not be vistable.

aside from that, cause it was eating me up wondering, I’m gonna keep spoiler free.

Monstropolis battle theme(I assume or the field theme) revealed!

dude, this is getting weird..I’ve been having constant dreams of KH3, and I just woke up from one where I was going through the monsters world. I still vividly remember it(like cutscene, battles, etc.)....I need to sit down 

Playing the KH games again before KHIII comes out, beat KHFM on Proud Mode just a bit ago, did the Hades Cup and 100 Acre Wood but that's the only extra stuff I did. Play time was like 24 hours? Yeah.

I'll go back and do the Ultima Weapon and Secret Bosses sometime after III. I already did em all in the PS3 version.

The game was a lot more fun than I remembered, too!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

New trailer showing new details...

Spoiler

Buzz fucking turns on Woody and tries to kill him. Young Xehanort is in the background and given Buzz is shown being swallowed by darkness in the last trailer, is it possible Xehanort manages to either brainwash or use the demo mode from TS3 to turn him to his side, similar to Lotso?

• Thumbs Up 2

Spoiler

Buzz was just trying to prevent Toy Story 4 from happening. 

• Chuckle 4

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Hide contents

wait this takes place before TS3 tho

@Dejimon11

Spoiler

Young Xehanort showed Buzz the future, and Buzz took it upon himself to do the rest.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

I’ve been watching a few non-spoilery KH3 gameplay videos (just the player wandering around a world post-story), and I wanted to bring up a little thing:

In Twilight Town, when in the Tram Common area, going up that hill that, in KH2, took you to Station Heights and eventually the Train Station, now brings up an option asking if you want to return to the world map.

I really hope this doesn’t mean they’ve eliminated that part of the town.

3 hours ago, Ernest the Panda said:

I’ve been watching a few non-spoilery KH3 gameplay videos (just the player wandering around a world post-story), and I wanted to bring up a little thing:

Hide contents

In Twilight Town, when in the Tram Common area, going up that hill that, in KH2, took you to Station Heights and eventually the Train Station, now brings up an option asking if you want to return to the world map.

I really hope this doesn’t mean they’ve eliminated that part of the town.

Spoiler

According to leakers Twilight Town has essentially been gutted. It's much smaller now.

29 minutes ago, Wraith said:
  Hide contents

According to leakers Twilight Town has essentially been gutted. It's much smaller now.

Spoiler

Oooooh that stings to know. I used to love the design and layout of Twilight Town, even on PS2. Hearing it's been shrunk kind of guts me, especially when every other world seems to have been massively expanded. Like, even 358/2 Days IIRC had the full version of Twilight Town.

2 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

358/2 Days didn’t have Sunset Terrace.

Was talking more so about the main area of Twilight Town. For some reason, I always consider Sunset Terrace as it's own cut-off area from the rest of the world, likely due to needing to use a train to get to it, similar to Yen Sid's tower.

Anyways, back to official news, the full version of Face my Fears has dropped!

I’m hoping we get Sinister Sundown in twilight town remixed somewhere, maybe like the digital “roxas” twilight town?

• Thumbs Up 1

Decided to watch some of the leaked gameplay, specifically Monstropolis and Twilight Town...

Spoiler

The details are so good, especially having NPCs around the areas who talk now, Twilight Town especially being littered with them. Coolest moment was easily Sora and co finding a Mickey Mouse movie playing for a few people, and Sora commenting that he hasn't seen a movie in ages.

The only part of the Twilight Town footage I saw that bothers me

You can run up the sides of the outskirt buildings, but there appears to be a barrier blocking you from landing on the roof. What’s the point of that?

• Thumbs Up 2

Heads up, barely saw it before clicking out, but there’s a thumbnail showing one of the, I believe, secret bosses, on YouTube. If you watch kh vids, there’s a good chance it’ll show up for you. I deleted my YouTube app and signed out on my console, just to avoid that. Luckily didn’t read the header and only caught a very quick look so wouldn’t say I’m now spoiled on it. But it’s out there 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

So the entire “Let it go” sequence has been leaked. It’s so painfully awkward and rehashy.

Hide contents

Spoiler

At the very least, the novelty of having the sequence created pretty well on the engine is cool?

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

At the very least, the novelty of having the sequence created pretty well on the engine is cool?

Spoiler

Looks like it's pre-rendered to me honestly.  Still a a neat recreation either way.

56 minutes ago, Nix said:
  Hide contents

Looks like it's pre-rendered to me honestly.  Still a a neat recreation either way, and they fixed the part where Elsa's hair clips through her arm lmao.

VH7bHz.gif

No they didn’t.

Everybody in the youtube comments is saying the same thing, but it honestly looks exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Ernest the Panda said:
  Hide contents

VH7bHz.gif

No they didn’t.

Everybody in the youtube comments is saying the same thing, but it honestly looks exactly the same.

Spoiler

yeah I thought about for a bit and was like... "wait a second" and edited my post a bit ago, lmao, I'm stupid

It is different though.  The game does the switch a smidgen earlier at slightly different angle when Elsa is obscuring it a bit more, and the braid ends up coming in a bit higher than it does in the movie so it looks more like it's going over her shoulder when it really isn't.

Now I need to stop going through this thing frame by frame in a video editor because I might lose my sanity

I dunno, I think it's pretty neat that they adapted a song sequence from one of the original films without the world being completely about that like Atlantica. Really adds to the Disney feel and gives the action a nice break.