Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

This is probably the most important bit:

”I do want to look into potentially releasing DLC after [launch], but nothing have been solidified or decided on what we want to do or what we will do,” he said. “I don’t think I’ll ever really release a season pass of sorts either, because I’m not fond of that model”

respect for Nomura +5. Square better not force their hand here

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

This is probably the most important bit:

respect for Nomura +5

Absolutely fantastic news and proves why despise some of Nomura's failings, the man is a genuinely good developer and clearly cares deeply about the fans of the franchise. Not only for standing up to say the game everyone's hyped for is delayed and apologizing personally for it, and now this. A lot of other developers would sacrifice the game and it's qualities to try shoehorn some DLC and cash out on the fans who want a "full" experience, and that's certainly been a worry for KH fans with 3 being the first proper console game to be released in this era. 

To see it's likely going to be a total breath of fresh air and as full of content as KH2, if not absolutely more so - the man deserves some respect. I genuinely feel excited for any DLC because it feels like it's actually going to be a proper content expansion that's designed to add to the experience, rather than something cut out of the experience and fed back to us as some half-assed DLC.   

• Thumbs Up 3

My only concern is that he says this all the while Union Cross exists.(Though I guess we’re not sure if he likes the whole microtransactions angle of it, and just focuses  on the story bits)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

My only concern is that he says this all the while Union Cross exists.(Though I guess we’re not sure if he likes the whole microtransactions angle of it, and just focuses  on the story bits)

Pretty sure it’s another dev team altogether not helmed by Nomura and he only handles story stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

https://www.khinsider.com/news/IGN-Why-Kingdom-Hearts-3-was-delayed-and-Big-Hero-6-s-absence-12442

-The reason for the delay is not because of developement, but so they could better accommodate a worldwide release.

-We haven’t seen the BH6 world yet because they haven’t finished the cutecenes.

If the games pretty much done and the issue isn’t development, then why not release it worldwide like they did with FFXV just without a delay? Why is it KH is apparently so different from all of squares games, it can’t modernize and do what most game devs at this point does? And considering Japan is getting it early STILL, that reasoning still comes off a bit bullshit. I’m not mad at the delay, just baffled and the reasoning doesn’t really add up. Like, if they planned the release date already for 2018, as we can clearly see they did up until May, and kept assuring it would be out 2018, why would they need to push back the date for a worldwide date if both versions are essentially done...? And they must’ve known beforehand if that’s the case it wouldn’t make the date, so why wait until E3 to announce a delay so far into your assurance of 2018?

the BH6 stuff makes sense though considering I’m guessing it was the last world added. But man, given Disney seem to be incredibly impressed with this one specifically and were hyping it up a few years back as one of the best in the game, I’m interested in seeing this thing, especially since apparently they aren’t even done with cutscenes. How long is this world lol?(Though weren’t they showing off Tangled even before the world was finished...?)

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

If the games pretty much done and the issue isn’t development, then why not release it worldwide like they did with FFXV just without a delay? Why is it KH is apparently so different from all of squares games, it can’t modernize and do what most game devs at this point does? And considering Japan is getting it early STILL, that reasoning still comes off a bit bullshit. I’m not mad at the delay, just baffled and the reasoning doesn’t really add up. Like, if they planned the release date already for 2018, as we can clearly see they did up until May, and kept assuring it would be out 2018, why would they need to push back the date for a worldwide date if both versions are essentially done...? And they must’ve known beforehand if that’s the case it wouldn’t make the date, so why wait until E3 to announce a delay so far into your assurance of 2018?

the BH6 stuff makes sense though considering I’m guessing it was the last world added. But man, given Disney seem to be incredibly impressed with this one specifically and were hyping it up a few years back as one of the best in the game, I’m interested in seeing this thing, especially since apparently they aren’t even done with cutscenes. How long is this world lol?(Though weren’t they showing off Tangled even before the world was finished...?)

Keep in mind that other Square-Enix games aren’t made in cooperation with Disney though. Maybe it was Disney’s decision to delay the game?

aRMEXA.jpg

I feel like a crossover with the “<blank>, <blank> everywhere” meme could be done too.

EDIT:

aWJsKM.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2
  • Chuckle 4

I just realized something - unless there was a mistake made like with 0.2's intro where Ven's blue eyes weren't the colour of Vanitas' eyes when he was Venitas mode - Marluxia in the trailer has regular blue eyes instead of Xehanort's orange eyes.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just realized something - unless there was a mistake made like with 0.2's intro where Ven's blue eyes weren't the colour of Vanitas' eyes when he was Venitas mode - Marluxia in the trailer has regular blue eyes instead of Xehanort's orange eyes.

He has orange eyes in the Japanese PotC trailer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a fun video I'm gonna post, because it definitely describes my feelings on the new trailer, having never played Kingdom Hearts before. And also because it's a funny video!

seriously, who is aqua and what the heck is "norted" i don't understand any part of this :p

• Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

Here's a fun video I'm gonna post, because it definitely describes my feelings on the new trailer, having never played Kingdom Hearts before. And also because it's a funny video!

seriously, who is aqua and what the heck is "norted" i don't understand any part of this 😛

Spoilers, obviously.

Spoiler

Aqua is one of three keyblade welders who were present in KH: Birth By Sleep - the prequel to the original KH game and taking place 10 years beforehand, her best friends being Terra and Ventus. Xehanort - the main villain is introduced primarily in BBS and the three keyblade welders are manipulated by him. By the end, horrible things happen to Terra and Ventus while Aqua is trapped in the Realm of Darkness for 11 years. Between BBS and 0.2 - she goes through hell and mental manipulation, let's just say.

"Norted" refers to what the main plan of Xehanort is. In order to create 13 warriors of darkness, he's splitting his heart/soul and forcing others to become his vessels (Think Voldermort in Harry Potter with how he managed to split his soul into various objects to keep himself alive). Those who become his vessels become people who are still technically aware of their actions and such, but are brainwashed to follow Xehanort and his orders. Xehanort attempted to pull the same trick on Sora but he was saved last second. 

Given Xehanort was behind destroying everything Aqua held dear and the last time we saw her, things ended on a pretty high optimistic note for Aqua, that's why people are so shocked. Xehanort stuck the dagger further by forcefully turning her into everything she despises.

• Thumbs Up 2

44 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

seriously, who is aqua and what the heck is "norted" i don't understand any part of this 😛

If it's any consolation, even Nomura has admitted to losing track of the series in the writing sense.  Not surprising.  :U

This series excels in getting its fans invested coming coming back for many things consistently. Not so much the writing and overall story at this point. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So yeah, there are pre order bonuses. Console and region exclusive ones. In game keyblades and menu themes. Welp, gonna have to dock a few respect points I gave Square earlier.;_; shame too because the Sony one looks badass as fuck

Hmm, I’m gonna do a new guess of worlds. For starters Nomura already confirmed there are only a few left, which include original ones, but still are some Disney. So with that, I’m gonna just throw my personal wishes out before I get to the ones I think are most likely: Empereors New Groove, Robin Hood and Lilo & Stitch. ENG is a bit too obscure and Disney seems hellbent on using new or popular IP’s, so same applies to Robin Hood. Lilo & Stitch you could argue is very popular and relevant(Stitch is basically the Mickey Mouse of Japan for Disney JP), and Stitch does seem to have a story arc that doesn’t seem finished, however with square wanting variety, and Destiny Islands looking to have a lager prominence, I just can’t see it. 

Now, my guesses. I’m mainly just using the information from the most recent trailer Larxene gave us. “She could be one of them. The 7 new lights.” Obviously she’s referring to the princesses of heart. So it’s safe to assume outside Kairi for some reason, the previous princesses of light are no longer playing a factor(realistically probably just because they don’t want to use their worlds again to somehow bring them into the story), so using the information we’ve gathered, I think I can make some safe and likely bets:

Princess & the Frog, Brave, and Pocahontas. Pocahontas has been a high requested film, and she is a princess, as well as this being able to fill the renaissance era animated movie world, whereas P&tF and Brave are still recent, and unique to the princesses given the circumstances for each of them(Merida for her not subscribing to the typical princess attitude, and Tiana well, for being a person of color, which would also be a first for the series in general, well outside tiadalma, but I mean main character.). It as well would mean a 3rd Pixar film to be used as a world. And each of these worlds are unique areas not yet used in the series.

Moana isn’t likely unfortunately due to the most recent film being used being bh6, and vanellope definitely ain’t happening as WiR is a summon.

Edit: oh shoot! I forgot about Jungle Book! yeah that’s a likely pick what with the new movie and rumors. It also makes sense given the whole friendship theme. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Jasmine is controversial as many see her as white washed, along with much of Aladdin. Whether you agree there is up to you, but personally I never totally counted her as an authentic person of color rep like say Moana or Tiana. But yes if you want to get technical, she is, but a good representation? Not to me

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope Princess and the Frog makes the cut. Mainly because I want Dr. Facilier as a boss fight.

• Thumbs Up 2

The dream is dead - no public demo is coming.

Honestly, this actually annoys me somewhat. With the reveal of the delay and the fact it's because of a stupid release schedule instead of actual dev time being needed, the least they could've done is release the E3 demo some time before release.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

I gotta wonder how anal they were about KH3D when that got a demo. Like, judging by Square/Disney’s reluctance to do stuff like this for this series exclusively(cause FFXV, Woff, Dissidia, etc all have received demos), I’m sure they were almost close to considering not doing one for that game as well

• Thumbs Up 1

So I’m assuming this is the story synopsis? Or at least the preview? I can’t reallg tell, wasn’t it said it’d be like 3 hours long?