Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Scarers (or... comedians, I guess?) hired by the company would definitely have been informed that humans aren't toxic, but it's unlikely that every monster believes that, especially those who don't work for Monsters Inc.

They've lived for DECADES (at the very least) under the assumption that anything crossing over from the human world is dangerous. I struggle to believe that everyone in the monster world would be so quick to throw away those beliefs.

I will say, though, that I have no idea why Boo is back. All I can assume is that it'll be explained by Sully and Mike later on. But I firmly believe that these events are happening after the film.

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Oh silly us! It's been confirmed since February that Monsters Inc's story in this game is an original one. Looks like moi, @NegaMetallix and @Johnny Boy are certainly onto something after all.

...Who's that? Are they a developer on KH3?

2 minutes ago, NegaMetallix said:

Scarers (or... comedians, I guess?) hired by the company would definitely have been informed that humans aren't toxic, but it's unlikely that every monster believes that, especially those who don't work for Monsters Inc.

They've lived for DECADES (at the very least) under the assumption that anything crossing over from the human world is dangerous. I struggle to believe that everyone in the monster world would be so quick to throw away those beliefs.

I will say, though, that I have no idea why Boo is back. All I can assume is that it'll be explained by Sully and Mike later on. But I firmly believe that these events are happening after the film.

...Who's that? Are they a developer on KH3?

According to their Twitter description - a KH3 Consultant. 

Anyways - assuming that's the case, that still makes little sense. The only explanation for Boo being back, beyond Vanitas randomly bringing her in for no reason whatsoever is her door being put back together. And by that point:

Magazines and what's likely other media was talking about how Sully and Mike saved the company - likely going further into the laughter shift and such, the only way Boo could feasibly be back is straight after when her door was fixed. Even then, it does little to actual confirm how or why Mike and Sully brought her into the monster world again. 

It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to do an original story or a retelling of the movie especially with the CDA and whatever else involved so they decided to go for this weird in-between that doesn't really clash together. As I said, it comes off as really badly handled exposition so Mike and Sully know that Sora and co can be trusted so to speak.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah this is just confusing all the more. Why wouldn’t they give a brief synopsis of this so people aren’t this confused by what this world is? 

@Ryannumber1gamer Well now that we know for sure that it's an original story, who know how much Nomura's gonna change up the events that occurred or when? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Ain't this guessing game fun?

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah this is just confusing all the mods.

What mods?

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why wouldn’t they give a brief synopsis of this so people aren’t this confused by what this world is? 

Square Enix and Nomura are by no means immune to making wierd-ass decisions with their marketing ploys.

This isn't even the most clumsiest I've seen them handle it.

I mean, I suppose @KHCast, we could argue that they want to legit surprise some people with what's what, but your guess is as good as mine.

And don't get me wrong here: I fucking love Monsters Inc and if it's an original world, I will whole-heartily play through it and probably absolutely love it because it's stuff taking place after the movie...but as someone who loves the movie as I said, I just keep seeing contradictions that only serve to be bad exposition or confuse things further. 

Here's something else that messes this all up. As I said, there's helicopters chasing the group, and they aren't heartless from what I can tell, meaning they're likely the CDA chasing the group due to Boo, And they would absolutely know that children aren't toxic because Roz is an undercover agent who was keeping an eye on the company for the entire duration. There's absolutely no way whatsoever they wouldn't know children aren't toxic.

5 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

That is a Pixar employee and an official KH3 consultant. Given their involvement with the game, yeah it's legit.

She's also an Associative Creative Director at Disney and theme parks to boot as well.

...Huh. Alrighty then.

Anyway, I think the main issue here is that there's just not enough info about the Monsters Inc. world's story yet. All we know for sure is that Boo's involved, and Vanitas (as well as the Unversed, perhaps) is the 'Organisation Villain' for the world. I really wish we had more to go on.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Here's something else that messes this all up. As I said, there's helicopters chasing the group, and they aren't heartless from what I can tell, meaning they're likely chasing the group due to Boo, And they would absolutely know that children aren't toxic because Roz is an undercover agent who was keeping an eye on the company for the entire duration. There's absolutely no way whatsoever they wouldn't know children aren't toxic.

True, but Roz more-or-less told Sully that Boo had to return to the human world, and wasn't allowed any further contact with the monsters (hence why they shredded her door).

Children may not be toxic, but that doesn't mean they're allowed to know about (or outright enter) the monster world.

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, NegaMetallix said:

Children may not be toxic, but that doesn't mean they're allowed to know about (or outright enter) the monster world.

Not really the point being made - Roz knows about children not being toxic and likely would be aware of what's going down at the company itself. It doesn't make sense for them to try to specifically hunt down Mike and Sully when they're already aware about the supposed scare stuff. On top of that, I also have a suspicion Randal will be back with that scare suction machine from the movie, which would explain away some stuff like Boo - under the basis of protecting her from said machine.

Mike saying “careful sully” implies no one is aware of boo, and the recent trailer has them running towards the cda  helectoper amidst the unversed’s chaos. Shouldn’t they be running away?

17 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It doesn't make sense for them to try to specifically hunt down Mike and Sully when they're already aware about the supposed scare stuff.

I dunno @Ryannumber1gamer. Monsters University did establish that the CDA are keeping a close watch on those two for the rest of their lives. I could imagine so much as a slip-up would have them on their tails for one reason or another.

17 hours ago, KHCast said:

Mike saying “careful sully” implies no one is aware of boo, and the recent trailer has them running towards the cdc helectoper amidst the unversed’s chaos. Shouldn’t they be running away?

As for the CDA being in pursuit of them and Boo, well if this does take place after the movie, then considering that the two did go behind the CDA and Roz's backs, restored Boo's door, which was likely against the law, then I can easily see why they'd be on the run, all things considered, especially if word about this reached the CDA someway.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Mike saying “careful sully” implies no one is aware of boo, and the recent trailer has them running towards the cda  helectoper amidst the unversed’s chaos. Shouldn’t they be running away?

In the trailer - it's pretty clear they're on a tight rooftop and there's a section that drops them directly below and out of the helicopter's line of sight as said Helicopter begins following them down.

Apologies for the double post but:

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

Oh boy. Angryjoe said he’s going to review KH3, and kh fans are panicking, since joe said he’ll rip the story if he’s confused. Joe hasn’t played any of the other games for context, so can’t say that’s entirely fair personally. Like I can get if you’ve played a few of the games and haven’t enjoyed it, but starting with the very last game and expecting it to make sense? Eh...even if KH’s plot wasn’t as convoluted as it is, that still doesn’t exactly seem fair to start at the end and critique the plot for not making sense 

Caddicarus - who said before that after KH1 that he didn't like the story or anything after the series picked up the PS4 collection, and began reviewing each game in the collection and with context - he said he actually found the original stories for the most part pretty entertaining and actually really liked KH2 after having the context of CoM. 

And given he was in the exact situation Joe was in a few months ago....well....

• Fist Bump 2

It’s officially confirmed. Aqua’s Norted.

This likely confirms: 1. Vanitas was referring to this when he said the backup line

and

2. Master Xehanort in 3D referred to her when saying “Sora and another on your list belong to me now” as 3D is directly before 3, and I’d assume Aqua had been Xehanort for some time by now.(after 2’a ending since blank points showed she’s fine)

a pretty good response to this angryjoe stuff 

So apparently KH3 is so big Nomura has stated they’re running out of storage for it. I’m...both impressed and concerned with this. Like legit I’m both excited and worried they’re going off about size without much depth to its meaning 

Just now, KHCast said:

So apparently KH3 is so big Nomura has stated they’re running out of storage for it. I’m...both impressed and concerned with this. Like legit I’m both excited and worried they’re going off about size without much depth to its meaning 

"Sora's hair physics take up an entire 10 gigabytes!" 

Still though, that's interesting. Hopefully it's not just big empty boring worlds.

• Chuckle 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

"Sora's hair physics take up an entire 10 gigabytes!" 

Still though, that's interesting. Hopefully it's not just big empty boring worlds.

They’re already taking ship combat from Ubisoft. I pray to god they don’t take their “open world” model also lol

seriously though, the way they’ve been going off about it’s size makes it come off like they’re overcompensating about something lol

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

They’re already taking ship combat from Ubisoft. I pray to god they don’t take their “open world” model also lol

Y'know, Square and Ubi seem to have been quite buddy buddy lately. FFXV even had an Assasin's Creed event.

• My Emmerdoods 1

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Y'know, Square and Ubi seem to have been quite buddy buddy lately. FFXV even had an Assasin's Creed event.

Assassins creed world for KH3 confirmed 

27 minutes ago, KHCast said:

So apparently KH3 is so big Nomura has stated they’re running out of storage for it.

Hmmm, how exactly does the source, wherever it is, word it per say?

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Assassins creed world for KH3 confirmed 

Y'know if POTC weren't already a thing in KH3, I could potentially see that coming if Disney's okay with it.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Hmmm, how exactly does the source, wherever it is, word it per say?

Y'know if POTC weren't already a thing in KH3, I could potentially see that coming if Disney's okay with it.

I could see a assassin costume more likely along with a Rabbids summon. (Cause rayman is the new megaman and gettin no love ;_;)

this is where I heard about the size. Not sure where the original link is. Perhaps in the new famitsu interview I’m guessing 

• Thumbs Up 1

Can I take a moment to say trying to level up in Birth by Sleep absolutely SUCKS. It takes an insane amount of time to set up and even when you've got it working, it isn't even as good as KH2's level up method. You need to go through the effort of getting victory poses, all five MP Hastes, Command Recharge, and three Mega-Flares which requires even more grinding, and it wouldn't be so bad but it has to be done for all three characters to complete their reports.

I think this is the right place to ask. I want to get KH 3, but I really have no idea what's goimg on in it. The trailers got me more confused.

I don't think it would make sense to get this game without knowing the story of the others ones since I have to assume they are connected. Is there any collection (on PS4 if possible) that has all the presvious games or at least the more important ones?

31 minutes ago, DiamondX said:

I think this is the right place to ask. I want to get KH 3, but I really have no idea what's goimg on in it. The trailers got me more confused.

I don't think it would make sense to get this game without knowing the story of the others ones since I have to assume they are connected. Is there any collection (on PS4 if possible) that has all the presvious games or at least the more important ones?

There's Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 collection, it has 4 games and 2 movies. It covers most of the series. There's also KH 2.8 that has Dream Drop Distance, KH 0.2, that's best played after Birth By Sleep, and another movie that technically covers the mobile game.

There's also an option to get the All-in-one package with both of the collections (which I guess you get after buying?) and Kingdom Hearts 3 at its release for 100 bucks, which I think is a pretty good price

• Thumbs Up 2