Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I don’t know why, but the idea crossed me of, “what if Vanitas was somehow able to travel back to the point in which Aqua is about to hide Ven in castle oblivion/land of departure, and stops her.” I mean...he is Ven, so a version of him is at the destination of arrival...

6 minutes ago, ShadowSJG said:

Is that Vanitas and Roxas??????

Also, how many seekers of darkness are there? seems more than 13

I see they recycled like half of the  organization for the new one....seems kinda lazy to me

I figured they'd probably draw most from the original organization.

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

1. Master Xehanort 

2. Young Xehanort 

3. Ansem SoD

4. Xemnas

5. Braig

6. Luxord

7. Saix

8. Larxene

9. Marluxia 

10. Vanitas

11. Demyx

12. Vexen 

the thirteenth is tricky. It COULD and Aqua, or she could be the backup Ansem refers to should Sora stray from the path. But then we see KH1 dark possessed Riku(?)/data Riku(?)/ Repliku(?) with Norted skin and eyes...then there’s Terra/Xehanort which could also be a vessel. I’m assuming master Xehanort has a few backups 

Pretty sure Demyx and Vexen aren't part of it, its probably just Vexen welcoming Demyx back. Vexen, Axel, Zexion, etc., all appeared in their black cloaks during 3D. Vexen's always had that eye/hair color.

It appears to be Aqua and Riku Replica, with one more unknown.

My guess for Terra is he's just Master Xehanort's vessel right now and isn't an extra or anything. I'm assuming this is the currently lineup as of 3D, and Xehanort will get his final one during the course of the game (which he was hoping to be Sora). It could turn out that there's a shift during the course of the game, though, and more former organization members join the new one.

Xion is still a candidate, but it appears the one teased before was actually Riku Replica. I don't think Ventus is a candidate, if anything they'll probably try and remerge him back into Vanitas with Vanitas in control, of course.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I don’t know why, but the idea crossedy kind of, “what if Vanitas was somehow able to travel back to the point in which Aqua is about to hide Ven in castle oblivion/land of departure, and stops her.” I mean...he is Ven, so a version of him is at the destination of arrival...

Please, no. I just do not want any more stupid time travel bullshit in this series. 3D already made it confusing enough just to justify Young Xehanort's appearance for this game, and I want to just keep that at a minimum.

Just now, KHCast said:

Vexen has the ember eyes though doesn’t he?

Vexen has emerald/green eyes: 

latest?cb=20110116082957

I’m referring to in KH3 

Nah, Vexen's definitely norted, you can see his orange/brown eyes clear as day.

I still find it strange Demyx would be though. 

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Nah, Vexen's definitely norted, you can see his orange/brown eyes clear as day.

I still find it strange Demyx would be though. 

No I mean I’m saying he IS norted as well lol.

also, just thought of this. What if the organization turned the abandoned data Twilight town into their base of operations, and it looks all corrupted and fucked up. 

No I mean I’m saying he IS norted as well lol.

also, just thought of this. What if the organization turned the abandoned data Twilight town into their base of operations, and it looks all corrupted and fucked up. 

I know, you can see Demyx's eyes clear as day too, but it still doesn't make sense. He was one of the laziest Organization members, and on top of that, hated doing violent work. It makes no sense to me why on Earth he'd be norted as opposed to someone like Lexeus. 

Just now, KHCast said:

No...I mean jaidyn was saying how Vexen wasn’t a nort, and I was saying he is.

Yes, that's why I got the original image of Vexen up, to confirm his eyes were green/emerald and therefore in the trailer when you see him, he's norted due to the different eye colour.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

I don’t really see it as them being lifeless, but moreso just realizing this is the final battle, and given how this is the darkest game in the saga supposedly, it does a good job at conveying that along with the more somber/serious tone. Not to mention it’s not like titles like 2 and days were much better in that regard(2 everyone’s just sitting down on a random thing in the middle of nothing and looking serious, whereas days everyone’s just standing and looking sad/mad) . Hell KH1’s has the whole serious “lifeless” expressions thing going on with Riku being the only interesting one in retrospect. But that’s just me personally 

It's not about lifeless "expressions." It's about the posing and the dynamics. 

DnZeudEX0AAeFiI.pngT

It's more focused without the clutter of all the characters and the empty space. The wind blowing, the lighting and the different ways the characters are posing make it more dynamic. It's an extremely somber piece of art(probably moreso than 3) so it doesn't have to do with the game's tone. One boxart is just way better than the other imo. 

Artwork07.png

KH2's isn't as good as 1's but I still think it's more interesting to look at than 3. 3's is so cluttered, stiff and unfocused imo.

Game still looks good tho

19 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

My guess for Terra is he's just Master Xehanort's vessel right now and isn't an extra or anything

Also just wanted to bring this up. So then why do we see Terranort and Master Xehanort? Wouldn’t he wanna have one consistent form?

@Wraith eh, I just don’t see it as that cluttered I guess. And technically, that’s the final mix artwork, I’m going of 2’s original which I didn’t personally enjoy. Speaking of which, KH3 I’m betting will get a second artwork cover. All the other kh mainline games have gotten one after all, and the lack of the villains is a super missed opportunity 

Also just wanted to bring this up. So then why do we see Terranort and Master Xehanort? Wouldn’t he wanna have one consistent form?

@Wraith eh, I just don’t see it as that cluttered I guess. And technically, that’s the final mix artwork, I’m going of 2’s original which I didn’t personally enjoy. Speaking of which, KH3 I’m betting will get a second artwork cover. All the other kh mainline games have gotten one after all, and the lack of the villains is a super missed opportunity 

They are separate? I clearly missed it. If that's the case then yeah, they would be counted separately. I've been figuring Terranort would be the final boss for a while now, but wasn't certain.

My guess then is that Aqua is the backup to Sora, but he's got more options in case Aqua or Terra somehow manage to break free (such as Roxas or Xion, the latter of whom is in the most questionable territory).

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

I don’t know why, but the idea crossed me of, “what if Vanitas was somehow able to travel back to the point in which Aqua is about to hide Ven in castle oblivion/land of departure, and stops her.” I mean...he is Ven, so a version of him is at the destination of arrival...

Then we may as well be asking why the bad guys haven't won already at that point. And 3D is already pushing it enough as is. 

It’s exclusive to japan isn’t it

So far atm it is and was what i was afraid of. Its exclusive to Sonys Japan store.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:37 PM, KHCast said:

Only if it gets a Final Mix.

Or in this day and age, a rerelease that has any existing DLC prepackaged, in the same vein as FFXV Royal Edition.