Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I’m fine with this, though I’d have been fine with DTT as a opening song as well. How popular is skrillex in Japan anyway?(Also I wonder if he’ll be doing any other music in the game)

The keyblade transformations are neat and building up different finishers only to unleashed them all at once seems pretty satisfying. but the constant cutscenes during gameplay are gonna get annoying. I hope they tone it down before release.

• Thumbs Up 2

This raises a very interesting question, because not only does it give us confirmation of where BH6 is placed, but also other things.

First things first:

Assuming this isn't just for the demo, the large health bar on Aqua fits with what we've seen of BH6 in the trailers, where one of the bosses has a lot of health bars too. Furthermore, if you look closely, it looks like Sora's welding the BH6 keyblade. 

More importantly, this means something worse, that's definitely the real Aqua who was norted. There was rumours going around that the one we saw in the earlier trailer with Mickey/Riku was simply a "Phantom Aqua", a manifestation of Mickey's guilt, like how Phantom Aqua was a manifestation of Aqua's own guilt and hopelessness. But if Sora is now in a fight with her, not only does that indicate that Riku/Mickey do not save her the first time, but Sora has to jump back in to finish the job.

That said however, that leads to a few interesting theories that could back up the theory that some of the "norts" will be freed. If Sora is here to fight Aqua, it's possible they are gonna stick with 0.2's intro and have it be that Sora's heart and it's connections are strong enough to beat Xehanort. Keeping in mind, the process of a "norting" is more or less infecting one's heart and bending it to Xehanort's will, making that person a willing vessel. It could stand to reason that while Xehanort is a strong enough darkness to do this, Sora's heart is so strong and filled with light that it can reverse the effects. One forcefully bends a heart to one's will, forcefully forging a connection, while Sora's heart makes connections through friendships and hard work. Idk if that's the case but -shrug-. 

Also, I had a thought. What if Xehanort's plan is to reopen the Realm of Darkness for his keyblade war? In KH1, Sora and co needed one welder in the Realm of Light and one in the Realm of Darkness, is it possible that's why Aqua is still inside of the Realm of Darkness? To act as the key for the Realm of Darkness?

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/kingdom-hearts-iii-tgs-2018-aqua-boss-battle-gameplay-information-tidbits

Some minor news (some of them are not in the article, i got multiple sources but one's in italian, so i had to translate here):
*Someone asked for online elements, the devs are considering them but as post launch content, accepting ideas if possible. Think like the Comrades expansion for FFXV.
*Nomura states again this is not the end of the franchise, just of the whole Xeahnort saga, so expect more milking for the next couple of years.
*There's gonna be a secret ending but the devs want to bury it enough so i can't be leaked immediately, they're considering even having it as DLC
*Some official ages: Terra is around 20, Aqua is around 18 (no fucking way), Ventus is around 16, Young Xeahnort is between 18 and 20, Master Xeahnort is around 80. K.
*There are more than 10 worlds in the game, some have not been shown deliberately (i guess for spoilery stuff)
*More than 20 minigames, the Tiger Electronics ones were made because apparently Nomura never had the chance to play them as a kid (seriously); they'll be released separately on mobile systems with their personal apps later after the main game's done
*Nomura's comment on Aqua being Nort'd before showing the teaser of her boss fight? "Yeah, it's a shame that things ended up this way for her." What a troll.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

This raises a very interesting question, because not only does it give us confirmation of where BH6 is placed, but also other things.

It really doesn’t though. They just wanted to show off the keyblade. 

1 hour ago, Teoskaven said:

Nomura's comment on Aqua being Nort'd before showing the teaser of her boss fight? "Yeah, it's a shame that things ended up this way for her." What a troll.

Play with my feelings why don’t ya Nomura. 😕

also no one asked if that’s data Riku or Repliku who’s Norted?

and yeah more than 10 worlds is something I’ve called for awhile 

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It really doesn’t though. They just wanted to show off the keyblade. 

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Assuming this isn't just for the demo

I mean I’m just saying, they’ve been showing off all the keyblades throughout the year, at different points in the story, just to show them off. It more than likely was for demo purposes.

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

The keyblade transformations are neat and building up different finishers only to unleashed them all at once seems pretty satisfying. but the constant cutscenes during gameplay are gonna get annoying. I hope they tone it down before release.

I thought they said awhile back there was a option to skip the cutscene animations. Could be wrong though 

Just now, KHCast said:

I mean I’m just saying, they’ve been showing off all the keyblades throughout the year, at different points in the story, just to show them off. It more than likely was for demo purposes.

Doesn't change the fact that it's almost definitely end-game when you look at the health bar. BH6's world also had bosses with massive health bars so it's not a forgone conclusion to assume they're close together story-wise unless they buffed the boss health for trailers too.

I mean when you say it like that sure, that makes sense, but simply going off the keyblade doesn’t really support anything. Plus pirates for all we know could be the last Disney world given the health bars we see there 

So last night after years of mishaps, I've finally beaten Kingdom Hearts 2 and I loved it. The game is easier than the first, which for me is great. Funnily enough, I've seen people not liking the Pride Lands, but I really loved it, but I might be biased since Lion King is my favorite animated Disney movie. Though, I was constantly wondering where Zazu was. I've also seen people talk about Donal being useless, but I found his healing useful. I usually kept him in my party and tossed Goofy out for whatever Disney character came along. At least until I found out I need to train the forms to get stuff like High Jump and Air Dodge, which just frustrated me since I was trying to get all the puzzle pieces lol

I've started BBS for the first time and so far I'm not liking the battle system with the command deck nearly as much. The camera also seems to be too close to the characters and the font in the reports book makes the entries harder to read, because it feels so claustrophobic. I wish they would'Ve fixed that for the HD version. Also, the board game is weird and from the little I've played, I don't care for it. Too slow and the hud covers so much of it.

Also, the Universed are weird and just there. I've had no explanation so far of them. I've finished up Snow White, which had a weird abrupt ending and started Cinderella.

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

Also, the Universed are weird and just there. I've had no explanation so far of them. I've finished up Snow White, which had a weird abrupt ending and started Cinderella.

The thing about Birth By Sleep is there's a certain order to play the stories in for details. The unversed are enemies made of up darkness created by Vanitas in order to bait Terra and Ventus out of their homes, and IIRC - it gets covered relatively early on in Terra's story.

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

So last night after years of mishaps, I've finally beaten Kingdom Hearts 2 and I loved it. The game is easier than the first, which for me is great. Funnily enough, I've seen people not liking the Pride Lands, but I really loved it, but I might be biased since Lion King is my favorite animated Disney movie. Though, I was constantly wondering where Zazu was. I've also seen people talk about Donal being useless, but I found his healing useful. I usually kept him in my party and tossed Goofy out for whatever Disney character came along. At least until I found out I need to train the forms to get stuff like High Jump and Air Dodge, which just frustrated me since I was trying to get all the puzzle pieces lol

Pride Lands is fun, but it loses its appeal once you’re done grinding to level 99, and you have to grind drive and summon levels elsewhere.

This game as made me hate Huey, Dewey, Louie and ice cream. I'm struggling to reach 1000 points in their game and when I finally do, I still fail, because apparently "good" isn't good enough for these assholes.

I hope I can smother them with a pillow later in the game.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The thing about Birth By Sleep is there's a certain order to play the stories in for details. The unversed are enemies made of up darkness created by Vanitas in order to bait Terra and Ventus out of their homes, and IIRC - it gets covered relatively early on in Terra's story.

Ah. I thought I'd read years ago that Ventus was the easiest and Terra was the hardest, so I thought I'd start with the easiest and work my way up. Kinda makes sense to me. I keep hearing about the bad things Terra is doing from other people, and I was thinking I find out what the truth of what's going on with him is shown to me last, so it stays a mystery while I play as Ventus and Aqua.

By the way, do I have to do the prologue again when I want to play the others?

1 hour ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Pride Lands is fun, but it loses its appeal once you’re done grinding to level 99, and you have to grind drive and summon levels elsewhere.

lol I didn't bother to grind to 99 unlike in KH1, so that's lost on me.

Pride lands also locks you out of over half your moveset so that sucks. As well as no drive forms which are needed to be levels to get threw cavern of remembrance. It’s a nice level sure, but it’s got a lot holding it from being my favorite 

11 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Gameplay from last night's PS Stream: 

Oh man...what a cool and creepy idea for a Heartless Boss...

Is the doll based on a Final Fantasy Character or is it completely original?

Yeah, doesn't remind me of anyone in particular.
Shame they didn't used Zurg.

Dn1O8zzW0AUvQ9o.jpg

Priorities much Sora?

Anyway, I so called it that light-haired figure being Data Riku/Riku Replica over Xion from quite a ways away.

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

Its official name is Mysterious Onyx 

It's a bit of a nitpick, but I kinda wish they would show the name's of these bosses over their life bars during battle.

C6715DFF-55A7-40C7-A132-F11B85D44C13_50.so looking at this, it may not be Repliku OR data Riku we see, but instead a Riku that was pulled from a point before he redeemed himself in KH1.

Ugggh.

This honestly annoys me, I was so sick of the DDD nonsense when they could’ve just went with the simple explanation of “Vexen recreated the Riku Replica”. But nope, back to more time travel nonsense. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That being said, I still think Repliku is the more likely Norted Riku, since it’s establidhed he does have a heart, albeit fake. Still nortable. Data Riku however, as far as we know, doesn’t have one, and is self aware of him being the journal, so him saying “we’ve always tried to one up eachother” with that information in mind, even as a nort wouldn’t make sense as we’ve seen how the members still have some semblance of individualism. And he never came off as someone that wasn’t just blunt about who he was or the situation. Ansem-Riku or KH1 dick Riku I guess could also be the case, seeing asshole Riku against gonna be weird though 

On 9/23/2018 at 12:37 PM, Marcello said:

By the way, do I have to do the prologue again when I want to play the others?

It's been a while since I've played the game, but I'm pretty sure you'll be able to skip it.