Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Interestingly, Venitas doesn't have yellow eyes. They're simply blue 

I think it's because in the context of the scene, it's representing when Ventus attacked Aqua when possessed by Vanitas, which means he's visualizing Ventus himself attacking her, even though she knows it's Vanitas. 

But in BBS when Aqua fought him, he had the gold ember eyes. So even though she knew it wasn't Ven, that feature was still there. I don't mind it being gone though, still gets the point across clearly 

43 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah drive forms are back from the look of it. Donald and goofy are nowhere to be seen in those screens and the costume looks like a updated master and Valor form. The camo designs are...interesting 

Tbf there were a bunch places during the regular Sora gameplay where they couldn't be seen either (even when they still appeared in the HUD)

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Tbf there were a bunch places during the regular Sora gameplay where they couldn't be seen either (even when they still appeared in the HUD)

It's Sora, Donald, and Goofy!

26 minutes ago, KHCast said:

But in BBS when Aqua fought him, he had the gold ember eyes. So even though she knew it wasn't Ven, that feature was still there. I don't mind it being gone though, still gets the point across clearly 

Well, idk, but I guess the key thing was it's meant to represent Ventus attacking her, and thought it'd be stronger to have the entirety of Ventus' face attacking her, rather than just his face but distorted by Vanitas?

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing I am disappointed in not seeing in the into was Eraqus. I mean to be fair he hasn't showed up in a intro yet, but still, would be nice to see that badass in CGI.

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

One thing I am disappointed in not seeing in the into was Eraqus. I mean to be fair he hasn't showed up in a intro yet, but still, would be nice to see that badass in CGI.

I could definitely see him in KH3's intro, since the original reveal trailer had Sora finding his keyblade. I see the intro of KH3 going through all of the game's events in order with an epic new JPOP song.

4 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

About the 1.5+2.5 ports: if they haven't fixed the glitches in KH2HD I'll be incredibly annoyed.

I haven't played KH2HD yet. What glitches?

10 minutes ago, nintega137 said:

I haven't played KH2HD yet. What glitches?

-Longer loading times

-There's a chance that the game will crash in the first Xemnas battle when activating the command with the skyscraper.

-It takes longer for the Drive transformation to finish so when the blast sends enemies flying or staggers a boss they've usually gotten back on their feet and are ready to attack you again by the time the transition is finished.

-Certain sound clips in boss battles don't activate.

-The most glaring of all: the reversal reaction command doesn't always trigger during the final Xemnas battle in the part where he throws you in the air.

The new collection is already pretty cool because we now have every important Kingdom Hearts game on a single console.

They really didn't need to make the games 60fps too, but I won't say no to Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix with that goodness in it.

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

-Longer loading times

-There's a chance that the game will crash in the first Xemnas battle when activating the command with the skyscraper.

-It takes longer for the Drive transformation to finish so when the blast sends enemies flying or staggers a boss they've usually gotten back on their feet and are ready to attack you again by the time the transition is finished.

-Certain sound clips in boss battles don't activate.

-The most glaring of all: the reversal reaction command doesn't always trigger during the final Xemnas battle in the part where he throws you in the air.

To be fair, the drive form glitch can be used to your advantage to force enemy attacks to not be able to hit Sora due to the invincibility frames present in the transformations, and it's saved me a good few times in the data battles I've managed to complete so far.

You can also pause the game right after activating a drive. It'll still load and you can attack the staggered enemy afterwards!

So @Ryannumber1Scarer, I need you to give me information on which Data Rematches you had trouble with, and which parts in said battles you had trouble dealing with. I just beat Zexion, but I'd rather fight the other ones as well to give you some pointers all in one post!

9 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

You can also pause the game right after activating a drive. It'll still load and you can attack the staggered enemy afterwards!

So @Ryannumber1Scarer, I need you to give me information on which Data Rematches you had trouble with, and which parts in said battles you had trouble dealing with. I just beat Zexion, but I'd rather fight the other ones as well to give you some pointers all in one post!

A few nights ago, I managed to beat Data Zexion, Vexen, and Saix. Only ones I need to beat now is Data Xigbar, Xeldin, Xemmas, and Lexacus. Any and all tips are needed for them.

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

A few nights ago, I managed to beat Data Zexion, Vexen, and Saix. Only ones I need to beat now is Data Xigbar, Xeldin, Xemmas, and Lexacus. Any and all tips are needed for them.

You beat Roxas yet?

I'll go fight Xemnas now since I dislike his battle the most (two parter, so it's extra difficult).

Just now, Radiant Hero Ike said:

You beat Roxas yet?

I'll go fight Xemnas now since I dislike his battle the most (two parter, so it's extra difficult).

Yep, managed to get lucky and beat him.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Yep, managed to get lucky and beat him.

Alright. I shall return with tips that will hopefully help you out.

Don't give Riku any important items like elixirs. Using the limit command during the moments where Xemnas throws you in the air and shoots thorns at you is really helpful as you're immune to attacks and can actually do quite some damage to him. Also be sure that your dash ability is maxed, so you can dash towards Xemnas and get some quick attacks in.

Also can I just say the 0.8 opening made me very emotional

Like I can't think of the part where Aqua reaches for Sora's hand without getting kind of teary-eyed

don't judge me

• Thumbs Up 4

Welp, tonight I finally did one of my biggest milestones as a video gamer. I finally beat the Data Organization XIII members. I know, it doesn't sound like a lot, but as a long time KH player, and with KH2 Final Mix being one of my all time favourite games, this is a pretty big thing for me, since I started fighting them months ago, and have been slowly fighting them over time. Took some grinding since I decided to get the Ribbon and Grand Ribbon to help me fight off Xigbar, Xaldin, Lexaeus, and Xemmas, but I finally did it and got the proof of nonexistence. I got worried during the Xemmas battle due to me thinking I wouldn't be able to save Sora in time when Xemmas drains life energy from him, and outright panicked when I got to the final reflect reaction command, and completely forgot that X reflects for Sora, and Triangle reflects for Riku, however I realized in time, and managed to finish Xemmas off on my first try.

• Thumbs Up 5

1.5 + 2.5 PS4 is gonna get notable graphics updates and other changes from the PS3 version apparently. I'm really hoping one of those changes is multiplayer in Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

[BUSTS OPEN DOOR] CUSTOMIZATION HOLY MOLY

I seriously can't wait for this game. I hope we can customize Sora in KHIII!

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts 3, I had an idea for a keyblade since it's one of the core themes of the game, and the series in general.

Chain of Connection

Description: A keyblade that represents the connections that Sora has made over his adventures. His friends and his connections are his greatest power, and have helped him grow as a keyblade master. However, the chain of memories and connections can venture further than one person, and through other people, create new bonds with Sora's heart. The keyblade's three tips represent those who have been in direct contact with his heart, a Unversed symbol for Ventus, a Nobody symbol for Roxas, and a heartless symbol for Sora.

Abilities: When equipped, Sora gains the MP Hastaga ability, as well as an increase in damage of all shotlocks. 

• Thumbs Up 3

OH MY GOD FUCKED UP DESTINY ISLANDS FROM KH1!!! ANS CUSTOMIZABLD CHARACTER HOLD ME!!!

AND SORA, AND KH1 RIKU IN YHE ROD. AHDHDG