Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

30 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

...I honestly can't see any difference.

I can see a bit of difference. However, tbh, it might not be too fair to judge based on the video. Personally unless it's massive stuttering, I think you need to properly play in 60 fps to feel the difference, and on top of that, only KH1 and CoM is shown, which are more slowly paced. I'd imagine you could notice it more on something like KH2 or BBS due to the faster combat.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've been wondering, if they went and amended the issues the PS3 version had (i.e. KH2's bugs and loading times) would that be the sort of thing they'd announce beforehand?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

I've been wondering, if they went and amended the issues the PS3 version had (i.e. KH2's bugs and loading times) would that be the sort of thing they'd announce beforehand?

Unless they confirmed the bugs beforehand (As in actually talked about the bugs) then they wouldn't announce it beforehand. I'd think they are fixed though. If they went to the effort of an 60fps upgrade and reworking the code, they might as well fix the bugs.

On top of that, it's likely 1.5 + 2.5 will get patches, like 2.8

• Thumbs Up 2

Fffffff-so good. This can't come sooner! Watch the video in 1080 60 if you're watching mobile. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, ironically, while we've gotten rid of the drive form buffering, we've also gotten rid of one of the best glitches on the PS3 version, in that the drive buffering activates invincibility frames on Sora, and you can abuse it to avoid one hit KOs.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I'm hoping that too. I heard sephiroth in KH1 is like, impossible now. I guess they didn't think about the fact that these games weren't built or tweaked around the 60 fps unlike DDDHD.

Can't believe they actually shipped this game with random crashes on game saving of all things. 

Did they even playtest this? It comes off as incompetent and disgustingly lazy.

Hopefully they fucking fix this. If they're go try playing the silent game and avoid recognizing these problems, then they can seriously fuck off

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh wow, that crash bug actually really fucking worries me big time. Considering a game like KH where the bosses scale up big time later, the bosses are going to be far harder thanks to the fact it's going to be hard to dodge attacks now, and now the fucking game crashes frequently at saves, that's not good Square, at fucking all. 

On top of that, til the game is patched, everybody better pray that the jump/slash glitch is still present with Lingering Will, or else he will literally be impossible now since a lot of his attacks can't be dodged. The one boss in the entire game that heavily relies on you knowing all of his attacks, and dodging exactly when needed. 

Also, confirmed fixes from the patch:

They may have listened, this was a fast patch to fix at least one huge issue and some small ones. I'll list only what I've confirmed myself so far, or other trusted players, will stay away from rumors.

Patch Notes:
-Adjusted gauge fluctuation and damage generation in KINGDOM HEARTS II to accommodate 60fps
-Fixed other various issues

CONFIRMED FIXES
-Vexen Data (and AS version) data bar now fixed, Anti Sora now can be completely avoided casually and the bar charges back to normal
-Saix Data fixed now, he can no longer "infinite DM" if you don't provoke him. His Berserk Bar is far more used up by a DM now, so back to normal
-Quick Run is fixed

UNCONFIRMED FIXES
-Save crashing not confirmed yet, due to how random it is, we will find out over the course of the next few days probably from all the players already playing it
-Trinity Limit reported to be back to normal damage output from PS3 version. Only tested one fight myself, so cannot say confirmed yet

Guys, I'm starting Dream Drop Distance HD, and It's been a long while since I finished the 3DS version, and even that was with a ton of grinding levels. I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me advice to make this time around a smoother experience.

Just now, KHCast said:

Get one of the exclusive dream eaters as soon as you can. They're super useful!

Exclusive dream eaters?

To this game. Like the bath penguin, or tanooki meow wow. They have really useful abilities, and special attack things.

19 hours ago, KHCast said:

To this game. Like the bath penguin, or tanooki meow wow. They have really useful abilities, and special attack things.

How do I get them though?

On top of that, I need help getting stuff like Ballooon, Second Chance, Leaf Bracer, Once More etc.

You have to farm for synthesis materials. I think you get them from the mini game thing in traverse town, or movie shops. And you get those abilities depending on the dream eater board you level up. I believe for example the tanooki meow wow has leaf bracer if you get enough points for his board.

Specific materials also only go on sale in Moogle Shops on sale days (check the forecast when dropping), I can't remember which ones exactly but they're not exactly easy to farm.

So, other than Leaf Bracer and Once More, is there any more commands/abilities I should be aiming for?

just a couple of things I remember from when I originally played DDD on the 3ds.

• you will want to collect the chests in traverse towns fountain area Before completing the second trip. otherwise the secret boss will block off the area until you defeat him the first time.
  • outside of the mysterious tower was were I found a good level grinding location. (might not be the best spot though)
  • meow wow will grant you magic haste,leaf bracer and cure/cura/curaga if you give it enough affection. komory bat meanwhile gives you about 3 magic hastes and 2 magic boosts.
  • fiara and firaga were fairly useful in boss battles.
  • also a reminder to hunt for special portals as you go though the game (there's 6 for both sora and riku in each world that switch with every forecast)