Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I wonder if any other worlds they wanted to use before will make the cut.

All I'm saying is Treasure Planet was going to be in DDD...

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

As much as I wanted Star Wars, that’s probably most likely at this point regarding a space themed world. Plus, Roy’s already got 2 of the 3 films he’s worked on in, with TP being the last.

if they were gonna do Star Wars, the best time to announce it would have been during the last Jedi hype pre release.

49 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Oh? Got a source for that?

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

There were files in 3D and a while unused world 

Hmmm, funnily enough, the flow motion does remind me of some of the motions of a Solar Surfer. Might be for the best Treasure Planet was saved from the fate being in DDD. Hopefully it'll make a big splash onto the scene with Kingdom Hearts 3.

Although, that kinda does beg the question. Couldn't ships from that world potentially cross across the galaxy akin to Captain Hook's galleon? Heck, maybe even their solar system could mingle with the gap between worlds!

It would be incredible if Treasure Planet finally got love from Disney after all these years by being in Kingdom Hearts 3. It would also be nice if Atlantis was in as well.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

It would be incredible if Treasure Planet finally got love from Disney after all these years by being in Kingdom Hearts 3. It would also be nice if Atlantis was in as well.

Well, with Ariel being a summon, unless they're finally throwing out the stupid "worlds can't meddle BS" and actually let main characters from Disney Worlds (so not side character of the worlds like Genie or Tinker Bell), that's looking unlikely.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Well, with Ariel being a summon, unless they're finally throwing out the stupid "worlds can't meddle BS" and actually let main characters from Disney Worlds (so not side character of the worlds like Genie or Tinker Bell), that's looking unlikely.

...no offence but I've read this comment three times and I still can't get my head around what this has to do with Atlantis being in the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

?

we’ve had main characters as summons  before, and not sure why the meddling thing means Atlantis can’t happen

Just now, KHCast said:

weve has main characters as summons  before, and not sure why the meddling thing means Atlantis can’t happen

Never in the same game that we've actually been to their world in.

Basically, yeah, we got Peter Pan as a summon, but never in Kingdom Hearts 1, and vice versa with Simba. Becuase that would actually mean we get a cutscene acknowledging they'll help outside their world and that's a apparently a big no-no with the franchise.

If that stupid trend is actually averted, regarding the mainline trilogy, I'll be legit surprised.

7 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Never in the same game that we've actually been to their world in.

Basically, yeah, we got Peter Pan as a summon, but never in Kingdom Hearts 1, and vice versa with Simba. Becuase that would actually mean we get a cutscene acknowledging they'll help outside their world and that's a apparently a big no-no with the franchise.

If that stupid trend is actually averted, regarding the mainline trilogy, I'll be legit surprised.

...but what does that have to do with Atlantis? Ariel isn’t from Atlantis...she’s from Little Mermaid

also the “meddling” rule I’d argue is still being broken there, even if it’s not the same game. Mushu and simba even acknowledge aiding Sora 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

...but what does that have to do with Atlantis? Ariel isn’t from Atlantis...she’s from Little Mermaid

Wait......

14 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

...no offence but I've read this comment three times and I still can't get my head around what this has to do with Atlantis being in the game.

Oh....crud.

Altantis

361.png

Well fudge, that was completely my bad. Nothing to see here.

Oooh I get it now, you're confusing Atlantis with Atlantica. We're talking about Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Yup, I've made an error there. Well played Ernest.

• Chuckle 3

42 minutes ago, KHCast said:

also the “meddling” rule I’d argue is still being broken there, even if it’s not the same game. Mushu and simba even acknowledge aiding Sora 

Debatable. It's obvious why they didn't reference it in the same games and those two's worlds were gone at the time,  anyway. 

Give a game where the mains acknowledge one way or another in the same venture they're coming along for the ride (even if it's a temporary summon) and then we'll talk. 

Aren't Genie and Tinker Bell acknoweledged in KH1 through cutscenes?

Remember,  I said main characters of the Disney Worlds. 

58 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

actually let main characters from Disney Worlds (so not side character of the worlds like Genie or Tinker Bell), that's looking unlikely.

In the sense that they're the main heroes from eesh venture. 

Especially since the rules seem lenient with the likes of Genie and Tinker Bell since they,  like Triton seem to be a bit more aware of the universal stuff outside for obvious reasons. 

I haven't been seeing this discussed here much, but what are you hoping for in the way of summons?

I think there should be at least one Pixar summon in there somewhere, preferably one that doesn't have a world of its own. Ideas off the top of my head (assuming TS and MI are the only Pixar worlds): Lightning McQueen, Remy, Walle, Bing Bong.

It's weird though. Up until Ariel, the summons we'd seen for KH3 have been Disney rides. Quite intriguing nonetheless. 

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

It's weird though. Up until Ariel, the summons we'd seen for KH3 have been Disney rides. Quite intriguing nonetheless. 

It was stated awhile back that attraction flow were not summons, and that they’d be their own separate thing 

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It was stated awhile back that attraction flow were not summons, and that they’d be their own separate thing 

Huh,  that's news to moi. Where was that stated?

I have always thought that the Headless Horseman from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow would make for an awesome summon or secret boss.

Cars should only stick to summons. Maybe you can debate that it could be a minigame world, but Ratatouille would be much better for that. I can even imagine collecting recipes for new areas like the torn pages for 100 Acre Wood.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just had a thought about the current trailer with Marluxia. It makes a point about him remembering CoM while Sora doesn't for obvious reasons. However, trailers have shown Xemnas being the keeper of sorts for Roxas in Twilight Town, and now Vanitas is hunting for Ven. Is it possible Marluxia could actually be hinting towards Namine?

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I just had a thought about the current trailer with Marluxia. It makes a point about him remembering CoM while Sora doesn't for obvious reasons. However, trailers have shown Xemnas being the keeper of sorts for Roxas in Twilight Town, and now Vanitas is hunting for Ven. Is it possible Marluxia could actually be hinting towards Namine?

That wouldn’t really make any sense, since namine doesn’t reside in Sora, and he knows that. With Ven and Roxas it made sense given Sora’s blatant connection, but if Marluxia is trying to get to namine, he should be going for Kairi, who actually knows her and is connected to her. Also this theory leaves out the outlier: Young Xehanort. He’s not messing with Sora there like xemnas and Vanitas. Not to mention, Marluxia doesn’t seem to give off hints towards namine. Simply says a “a shame you don’t remember me”

I didn't mean literally going after Sora to get Namine, I'm simply saying that he has the closest connection to a villain to Namine, and CoM is being specifically referenced. If they're teasing fucking Xion and Riku Replica returning, Namine should be a no-brainier.