Jump to content
KHCast

The Kingdom Hearts Series: New Canon TheatreRhythm-esque game announced (Switch, PS4, Xbox One) 2020 Pg. 168

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm simply saying that he has the closest connection to a villain to Namine, and CoM is being specifically referenced. If they're teasing fucking Xion and Riku Replica returning, Namine should be a no-brainier.

How do you figure? By that logic the Riku Replica has CoM covered as an angle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

How do you figure? By that logic the Riku Replica has CoM covered as an angle. 

I never said it was limited by game, but if you're going to make the effort to free Roxas, shit up an excuse for Riku Replica and Xion to come back, and then bring back the primary antagonist of a game who directly screwed with Namine (which if you wanna argue such things, Vexen had a way stronger role in Riku Replica's actions). Namine who is in the exact same situation as Roxas should be a no-brainier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Where’s the Xion teasing...?

Xion has been shown with Axel and Roxas as far back as Re:Coded's secret ending of everyone who Sora needs to awaken. I don't think it makes sense to show that massive tease of her with literally everyone else we do know are getting awakened (Roxas, Axel, Terra, Ven, and Aqua), I doesn't make sense to randomly exclude her from that list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Xion has been shown with Axel and Roxas as far back as Re:Coded's secret ending of everyone who Sora needs to awaken. I don't think it makes sense to show that massive tease of her with literally everyone else we do know are getting awakened (Roxas, Axel, Terra, Ven, and Aqua), I doesn't make sense to randomly exclude her from that list.

Well I mean, to be fair, Namine didn't really have any baggage compared to the others when she got reabsorbed into Kairi.

As for Axel, well DDD took care of stuff involving him and most other Organization members anyway. They're back as themselves (which just makes Marluxia's presence all the more story-wise, stupid, but I digress).

So, I'm not quite sure that's the best foot to go off on, especially since Namine wasn't even among those who supposedly need to be rescued anyway.

In fact, wouldn't be surprised if Roxas ends up being a symbol for reviving Ventus in the end instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Even her and Sora's eventual reunion has been a plot point since CoM and not even really explored much in Coded other than Data Namine talking about reawakening others.

Well Nomura's the writer. You really surprised he's potentially done with quite a few plot elements that feel a bit left half short of their potential?

Besides, if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that Namine's whole things is wrapped up. Because, unlike the others she never really as much a stake as say, redeeming herself for her actions in CoM from what the story stated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alright decided to do a recount of the numbers (and possible substitutes assuming the writers decide to mess with our expectations)

guardians of light

  1. sora
  2. kairi
  3. riku
  4. mickey
  5. axel
  6. aqua (assuming nothing happens)
  7. ventus (assuming nothing happens...)

spares

  • roxas (assuming he and ventus turn out to be two seperate characters this won't surprise me)
  • Xion (assuming anyone remembers she exists I'm sure they will come up with a poor good excuse to bring her back for the fans deep lore she has to offer)
  • Terra lingering will ( assuming we don't get an army of disney characters to beat the nort out of organization 13.he's basicly the best way to balance out the 7-13 number difference. also he really needs to do something to help redeem himself after everything in BBS)

 

seekers of darkness (in no particular order)

  1. xhanort
  2. Y xhanort
  3. "ansem" seeker of darky darkness
  4. xemnus
  5. vanitus
  6. xigbar
  7. saix
  8. marluxia (he could be faking but I seem to recall them changing ventus's eyes in 0.2's intro to from blue to yellow as well)
  9. Riku clone (at this point he's going to show up for sure. possibly in the next trailer if I had to guess)
  10. Terra-nort (you'd think he'd show up for sure. BUT I have my doubts)

(possible members)

  • larxene,luxord,demyx (because why not. though larxene has more of a chance because marluxia ties)
  • ventus,roxas (I mean wouldn't be the first time they've been a boss fight. also vanitus already possessed ventus once I'm sure he could do it again)
  • aqua (I really doubt this one but figured I'd mention it)
  • original characters (new characters to enjoy yay)
  • luxu (we have to tie it all together somehow...)
  • master of masters (we have to tie it all together somehow.......)
  • other unchained x characters (we have to tie it all together some.. *gunshots* )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kirby1up said:

master of masters (we have to tie it all together somehow.......)

Dude was confirmed NOT to show up in KH3, so nope 

3 hours ago, SaberX said:

The next keyblade war gonna happen, Xenahort have a great interest in the event and I'm pretty sure he will put some real treat beyond just his vessels. Thats why I still believe theres some wielders that will return and some that will eventually turned into keyblade wielders. But the main conflict will be between the light vs darkness.

 

I'm also putting my bet that Marluxia has nothing to do with Xenahort. He will be like one of those characters that is in the middle of everything.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he helps Maleficent find that hidden box 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

His somebody I mean. I'm nearly sure Marluxia was one of the scientists in Radiant Garden that Terranort transformed into OXIII.

I really don't think so, for two reasons:

  1. He never showed up in any of the Radiant Garden scenes, and he wasn't there in the DDD opening with the Ansem's students back to normal in the lab.
  2. He's one of the much later additions to the organisation. In the KH2FM scene with Zigbar and Zexion the former mentions that they've just recruited a new member, "Mar-somebody". If he was one of the scientists he would've been recruited along with the others and be higher up in the ranking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

I really don't think so, for two reasons:

  1. He never showed up in any of the Radiant Garden scenes, and he wasn't there in the DDD opening with the Ansem's students back to normal in the lab.
  2. He's one of the much later additions to the organisation. In the KH2FM scene with Zigbar and Zexion the former mentions that they've just recruited a new member, "Mar-somebody". If he was one of the scientists he would've been recruited along with the others and be higher up in the ranking.

Ugh, I'm so lost with the Oragnisation at this point.

Regardless, it's his somebody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I recall, the original Organization was made up of Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion at its foundation, with Xemnas, Vexen and Zexion being the only scientists among them while the other three were just guards. Any other members were simply stragglers of that same world (Sai-X and Axel as examples) or are of unknown origins. (Roxas being an exception, since we all know where he came from)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright *cracks knuckles*

so I’ve been thinking a lot lately, and I think I’m ready to post my finalized prediction list of worlds. Specifically the Disney side. 

Now I’m almost 100% positive, that “10 worlds” Square we’re talking about, is referring to the Disney worlds represented, NOT the overall total. Why? Well we’ve been told that the Disney Worlds  in total will be less than 2 BUT there will be more overall worlds than 2 at the same time. KH2 definitely had more than 10 words. So my conclusion is that these phases are referring to Disney stuff. It also fits the “less Disney worlds than 2” criteria

Now with that out of the way we have a nice even 10 disney worlds in KH3 theory to work with. Let’s look at the worlds we have gotten so far:

1. Olympus Coliseum (Hercules)

2. Kingdom of Corona (Tangled)

3. San Fransokyo (Big Hero 6)

4. Galaxy Toys(Toy Story)

5. Monsters Incorporated (Monsters Inc.)

Okay so half the worlds are officially confirmed, but we can throw in the free space in there as well and bump it up to 6. Frozen. Let’s not kid ourselves, it’s happening, there’s no way in hell theyre dumb enough to miss that cash cow.

so that leaves us with 4 worlds left. So what are likely candidates? I think I have a good idea. 

1. Hawaii(Lilo & Stitch)

Stitch is considered to be Disney’s mascot in Japan, I’d be surprised to see him ommited from 3 considering how much square love their Japanese fanbase. Not to mention, there seems to be a lot of left loose strings regarding his arc, and many fans don’t consider deep space a proper world that did the IP justice.

2. Jungle Book

The poor things been trying to show up for so long in so many of the games, constantly getting scrapped because of time limits. I think it’s only fair to put it in now of all times. Plus it gives us a old time classic IP so that era gets some representation. Plus it as a film would work well with the friendship angle. And cmon. We all know Mogli and Baloo would make great party members. 

3. Treasure Planet or Star Wars

I think a space themed world is likely to happen in 3, and both of these are fair candidates. If I have to pick the most likely though, that’s tricky. Star Wars is the much more popular one to use, and Square didn’t deconfirm a Star Wars world like they did Marvel,  but there’s potentially a lot of legal shit to go through to get even the slightest representation. But Nomura has expressed his love of Star Wars lots. However at the same time, Treasure Planet is the only film of Roys Disney films that hasn’t showed up in 3, and he did say “the first of a series of worlds” when he revealed tangled showing up. Add onto the fact TP was supposed to show up in 3D and well...it’s a coin toss honestly for me here.

4. A returning world from 2

Much like how 2 brought back a few of 1’s worlds (agrabah and Halloween Town), I think the same is more than likely to happen here. Square did do a poll years ago asking fans what KH2 world they’d like to see again, and I think there’s still potential with a few of them. My bets would be on Port Royal/Pirates or Land of the Dragons. I don’t see Lion form returning, and Beasts arc seems done for good. So that just leaves those two. (Well unless we count Disney Castle/Timeless River, but as much as I loved TR, I can’t see it returning with a purpose.) Pirates really could use a redemption, and visually I think could be the most beautiful world. And it has lots of story potential whether they draw from the films or not. Land of the Dragons...eh, just seems like a safe bet.

the other option for a returning world could be a returning world from perhaps DDD, since they’re now awakened. So Hunchback 2 or maybe Fantasia 2000? 

Anyway, that’s my in depth guess for the last worlds. I’d personally love Princess and the Frog and Robin Hood, but out of the other options, just doesn’t seem that likely unfortunately. But hey, we’ll have to wait and see what goes down with the reveals!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KHCast said:

2. Jungle Book

The poor things been trying to show up for so long in so many of the games, constantly getting scrapped because of time limits. I think it’s only fair to put it in now of all times. Plus it gives us a old time classic IP so that era gets some representation. Plus it as a film would work well with the friendship angle. And cmon. We all know Mogli and Baloo would make great party members. 

3. Treasure Planet or Star Wars

I think a space themed world is likely to happen in 3, and both of these are fair candidates. If I have to pick the most likely though, that’s tricky. Star Wars is the much more popular one to use, and Square didn’t deconfirm a Star Wars world like they did Marvel,  but there’s potentially a lot of legal shit to go through to get even the slightest representation. But Nomura has expressed his love of Star Wars lots. However at the same time, Treasure Planet is the only film of Roys Disney films that hasn’t showed up in 3, and he did say “the first of a series of worlds” when he revealed tangled showing up. Add onto the fact TP was supposed to show up in 3D and well...it’s a coin toss honestly for me here.

If they're not adding Marvel, I doubt they'll do Star Wars, either. I'm betting on Treasure Planet. Jungle Book also seems pretty safe overall.

 

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

4. A returning world from 2

Much like how 2 brought back a few of 1’s worlds (agrabah and Halloween Town), I think the same is more than likely to happen here. Square did do a poll years ago asking fans what KH2 world they’d like to see again, and I think there’s still potential with a few of them. My bets would be on Port Royal/Pirates or Land of the Dragons. I don’t see Lion form returning, and Beasts arc seems done for good. So that just leaves those two. (Well unless we count Disney Castle/Timeless River, but as much as I loved TR, I can’t see it returning with a purpose.) Pirates really could use a redemption, and visually I think could be the most beautiful world. And it has lots of story potential whether they draw from the films or not. Land of the Dragons...eh, just seems like a safe bet.

 

Honestly, I think they could consider a new Agrabah world, but based on King of Thieves instead (no more Cave of Wonders, as an example) and remade from the ground up. None of the KH2 exclusive worlds really seem that likely IMO. Land of the Dragons is pretty... done. So is Beast's Castle. A new Pride Lands could be cool, but I agree in the "I really don't expect it" idea.

QUICK EDIT FOR THIS: On the subject of Pirates, that's the only real plausible one of the KH2 exclusive worlds, but I'm iffy on it. I'd argue a redone Agrabah is more likely than that as well. But we'll have to see.

 

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Anyway, that’s my in depth guess for the last worlds. I’d personally love Princess and the Frog and Robin Hood, but out of the other options, just doesn’t seem that likely unfortunately. But hey, we’ll have to wait and see what goes down with the reveals!

I really want Sherwood Forest. I really, really want Sherwood Forest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Honestly, I think they could consider a new Agrabah world, but based on King of Thieves instead (no more Cave of Wonders, as an example) and remade from the ground up. None of the KH2 exclusive worlds really seem that likely IMO. Land of the Dragons is pretty... done. So is Beast's Castle. A new Pride Lands could be cool, but I agree in the "I really don't expect it" idea.

QUICK EDIT FOR THIS: On the subject of Pirates, that's the only real plausible one of the KH2 exclusive worlds, but I'm iffy on it. I'd argue a redone Agrabah is more likely than that as well. But we'll have to see.

Personally, I’d rather not have Agrabah again since it’s one of those done to death worlds. Olympus already took that “constantly shows up in the series” spot for 3, and idk KoT isn’t exactly a notable sequel I’d think warrants agrabah returning(I don’t even think most people I know remember or watched it). I’d rather not have 2 done to death worlds for our returning worlds. Mulan also has a sequel it could use. But yeah, I’d see Pirates being more likely since disney love to milk that series.

Hunchback also I think maybe has a shot people were pretty vocal about how disappointed they were in 3D’s version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Don't pretty much all Disney Worlds from KH1 except for Neverland, Monstro, and Halloween Town fit that bill anyway over the course of this series?

I'd argue Halloween Town fits in perfectly thanks to 358/2 Days. I didn't enjoy it much in KH1, found it alright in KH2 thanks to cutting down the maze-like element and placing Christmas Town in and found it the most uninspired and boring world in 358/2 Days.

Agrabah was at least fun for the first two games. Plus. Prince of Thieves IIRC was a much more pirate themed adventure anyway. Plus with the inclusion of NPCs, that'd be the perfect excuse for the 40 thieves.

Hunchback, I'd like to see but it might be awkward to try do the first movie's plot again and the second movie is...less than good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

found it the most uninspired and boring world in 358/2 Days.

I'd say a lot of Disney Worlds except for maybe Agrabah and definitely Neverland, sans those those two, the Disney Worlds suffered from 358/2 Days' hard-on for "invisible walls the game" syndrome.

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hunchback, I'd like to see but it might be awkward to try do the first movie's plot again and the second movie is...less than good.

Speaking of sequel takes, would be interesting to see a take on Cinderella 3 in KH3.

And hey with time-travel being seeped into the series now, all the more better chance for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

I'd say a lot of Disney Worlds except for maybe Agrabah and definitely Neverland, sans those those two, the Disney Worlds suffered from 358/2 Days' hard-on for "invisible walls the game" syndrome.

Speaking of sequel takes, would be interesting to see a take on Cinderella 3 in KH3.

And hey with time-travel being seeped into the series now, all the more better chance for it.

You just want to see Sora do this when Xemnas asks if he'll unleash his darkness to find Roxas:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The evil stepsisters and mother were killed in BBS, so unless they’re brought back suddenly for no reason-*remembers its KH*... ughhh.

And I still think if we wanted a pirate theme, Pirates would be better than Aladdin. Especially with NPC’s. But now that I think about it, considering Treasure Planet also has to do with pirates, both may not show up if that gets in. Hmm

35 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Don't pretty much all Disney Worlds from KH1 except for Neverland, Monstro, and Halloween Town fit that bill anyway over the course of this series?

Hence why I’d rather most of them not show up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.