Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

9 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Keyblades can be swapped mid combat! Omg! (Also Xbox one version graphically apparently  is choppier)

Why were you doubting...? 

I've been low-key panicking this is going to become a Final Fantasy 15 situation and we get hit by multiple delays. Square isn't amazing when it comes to making and sticking to a release so seeing it far enough along to not only have dubbing but also optional conversations has made it easier to believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except KH3 has never been delayed in the past. And with all they’ve been showing I don’t see any reason to suddenly delay it to 2019

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Except KH3 has never been delayed in the past. And with all they’ve been showing I don’t see any reason to suddenly delay it to 2019

Considering we've been multiple years without a date, and 0.2 ended up delayed when that was releasing, as well as just a general stigma for Square's long dev cycles and delays sometimes, I was skeptical, not full out disbelief. Seeing actual dubbing done has done more to make me believe it'll actually hit the deadline given.

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Considering we've been multiple years without a date, and 0.2 ended up delayed when that was releasing, as well as just a general stigma for Square's long dev cycles and delays sometimes,

Not having a date doesn’t exactly translate to a delay definitely happening, and 0.2 was delayed by a month  due to FFXV getting pushed back. The stigma I can see regarding long dev cycles, but how often does the company actually delay their work? I can’t  name many instances. There was XV and 0.2 and those were small delays not to get mad or annoyed about, and other than that, can’t think of any big name games by them getting one. The stigma applies more to Nintendo than Square honestly if you ask me. For me there was no doubt the game would come out 2018. I find ridiculous the mentality going around that it for sure isn’t. (Not that you were one of those people) and it can’t get delayed without having a proper release date to begin with anyway. 2018 is too general. 

oh my god this is amazing. Plz can we just have Sora in Dissidia lol? (Also funny this is in since Xbox players didn’t get NT.)

what even is this game lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Who likes 23-minute gameplay videos with full cutscenes??

The fact that Disney are more involved with this game REALLY shows. The cutscenes are just written a hell of a lot better and the characterisations are on point. It’s brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The fact that Disney are more involved with this game REALLY shows. The cutscenes are just written a hell of a lot better and the characterisations are on point. It’s brilliant!

Spoiler

Can we talk about how Sora and the KH verse supposedly has some kind of rip off in the toy story universe?

Spoiler

I can't believe Wallace Shawn just namedropped Bahamut so casually (although it makes sense for him to go full weeb, it's what it was estabilished since Toy Story 2 and this is a natural evolution of it); what a time to be alive.
Also, Buzz' laser actually sounds like a Star Wars blaster, you can hear and see that at 11:57.
Also also, Shimomura's rendition of You Got a Friend in Me is spot on; the battle theme instead reminds more of Mario & Luigi games.

• Nice Smile 1

Spoiler

Holy shit, cutscenes transistion into gameplay this time around

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

Holy shit, cutscenes transistion into gameplay this time around

Spoiler

It did that for 0.2....

Anyway damn! I’m loving the interaction and voice direction! It’s like it’s straighg outta one of the films. Hell woodys voice ain’t even so bad

• Thumbs Up 2

The cutscenes are better than they usually are. There's that usual Kingdom Hearts weirdness with the voice direction/pacing but that's about it. Everyone's more expressive than the past few games and it feels less stiff.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

The cutscenes are better than they usually are. There's that usual Kingdom Hearts weirdness with the voice direction/pacing but that's about it. Everyone's more expressive than the past few games and it feels less stiff.

I like how there's a somewhat realistic plot here too. 

Spoiler

Woody and co have been taken to an alternative world and they aren't just instantly accepting of Sora and co. I like that while he does exist in their universe, Sora and his friends are still somewhat distrusted by Buzz since they happened to show up as the heartless did. 

It's a nice dynamic to have Woody and Buzz somewhat at odds without having them come to full on blows, the two are clearly still friends but have different opinions on the situation. They still joke around with each other (I loved that line about strapping a rocket to get to higher ground). But it's just such a different dynamic in terms of the KH universe, having Sora and co distrusted by someone they need to work with. True, my memory is somewhat sketchy of the Disney plots in the other games in terms of raw details but I don't recall that ever happening. Even in something like Pirates, where Jack was distrusted while Sora and co had no suspicion towards them from the other inhabitants of the world.

Also, I'm surprised they finally mentioned the "Order of the Worlds" thing but still have it balanced enough to do original plots and have Sora and co's story properly mingle with the Disney worlds as opposed to forcing them to bare minimum help and then vanish.

• Thumbs Up 1

I also really appreciate how much of the Toy Story universe they’re acknowledging here. I mean, we even get namedrops for characters like Andy’s mum and Molly.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I like how there's a somewhat realistic plot here too. 

Hide contents

Woody and co have been taken to an alternative world and they aren't just instantly accepting of Sora and co. I like that while he does exist in their universe, Sora and his friends are still somewhat distrusted by Buzz since they happened to show up as the heartless did. 

It's a nice dynamic to have Woody and Buzz somewhat at odds without having them come to full on blows, the two are clearly still friends but have different opinions on the situation. They still joke around with each other (I loved that line about strapping a rocket to get to higher ground). But it's just such a different dynamic in terms of the KH universe, having Sora and co distrusted by someone they need to work with. True, my memory is somewhat sketchy of the Disney plots in the other games in terms of raw details but I don't recall that ever happening. Even in something like Pirates, where Jack was distrusted while Sora and co had no suspicion towards them from the other inhabitants of the world.

Also, I'm surprised they finally mentioned the "Order of the Worlds" thing but still have it balanced enough to do original plots and have Sora and co's story properly mingle with the Disney worlds as opposed to forcing them to bare minimum help and then vanish.

Spoiler

Well iirc wasnt toy story supposed to be as close to our world as possible conceptually? Like they wanted the world to feel like ours. Would explain why things are so meta and why there’s so much disbelief from buzz

1 minute ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Hide contents

I also really appreciate how much of the Toy Story universe they’re acknowledging here. I mean, we even get namedrops for characters like Andy’s mum and Molly.

Spoiler

I like the fact they actually stuck close enough to canon to refer to her as "Andy's Mom" as opposed to giving her a name of even going by "Ms. Davis". That's a nice little touch.

Also, can we talk about how there's no transition between Andy's Room and outside? Like I was totally expecting them to have some crappy loading screen right there and then only to notice the actual outside to be there as Sora and co made it to the window.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Well iirc wasnt toy story supposed to be as close to our world as possible conceptually? Like they wanted the world to feel like ours. Would explain why things are so meta and why there’s so much disbelief from buzz

Spoiler

Yeah, but still it's interesting to see this disbelief from Buzz. It's interesting how it even plays off his development as a character because when Woody brings up his original line of thinking with Zurg, he replies that just proves how delusional it is. It brings up the idea of Sora and co being a bad reminder of how Buzz used to be.

Also, did anyone catch the interesting TS3 foreshadowing? Buzz mentions a "Battle Mode" which is strikingly similar to the Factory Setting mode that Buzz got flipped to in TS3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Exactly. This was why I’d been kind of doubting a Toy Story world ever being a thing in the series because of how grounded in reality it is, and I was disbelieving of it being able to work.

I was wrong btw.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also, can we talk about how there's no transition between Andy's Room and outside? Like I was totally expecting them to have some crappy loading screen right there and then only to notice the actual outside to be there as Sora and co made it to the window.

Square have been pretty loud and consistent about there being seamless transitions for awhile now and few loading screens. I take it you haven’t kept up with this stuff huh lol

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Square have been pretty loud and consistent about there being seamless transitions for awhile now and few loading screens. I take it you haven’t kept up with this stuff huh lol

Only major details like trailers and gameplay, not articles, beyond the release date one.

Just realized, I’m guessing “Hand in Hand” being the music used for when you activate attraction flow, deconfirms traverse town returning. Well darn was hoping it’d show up in KH3 given its supposed importance.(YX makes a big deal of the place to Sora in 3D towards the end.)

Just now, KHCast said:

Just realized, I’m guessing “Hand in Hand” being the music used for when you activate attraction flow, deconfirms traverse town returning. Well darn was hoping it’d show up in KH3 given its supposed importance.(YX makes a big deal of the place to Sora in 3D towards the end.)

I don't understand, why does Attention Flow's music deconfirm Traverse Town? I mean yeah, it's a main theme of the world but I don't think they'd completely rid themselves of it just because they reused a theme, If anything it'd be more likely Traverse Town and Twilight Town might get new OSTs for their return.

13 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don't understand, why does Attention Flow's music deconfirm Traverse Town? I mean yeah, it's a main theme of the world but I don't think they'd completely rid themselves of it just because they reused a theme, If anything it'd be more likely Traverse Town and Twilight Town might get new OSTs for their return.

Even in 3D, which redid the music it was still the original to a degree. I doubt they’d flat out use new music there given their memorability. Look at radiant garden for example. It’s always been the same theme just redone. And KH has never really used a world’s theme for other stuff in the game (outside using Hand I Hand at the end of the game cutscene wise) while also bringing it back. I mean I’d love to be proven wrong...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/19/2018 at 10:31 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

Yeah, and it's really nice to see that the characters aren't so damn robotic when talking to one another anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d say they showed personality to a degree in the HD movies, as well as BackCover and 0.2. Honestly most of the games I wouldn’t call the interactions “robotic”.

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’d say they showed personality to a degree in the HD movies, as well as BackCover and 0.2. Honestly most of the games I wouldn’t call the interactions “robotic”.

Still the characters in this game are definitely more expressive in their dialogue than they were in previous games.