Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Before

Nomura: “Kingdom Hearts 3 is gonna be dark”

Now

Nomura:”Actually KH3 won’t be that dark teehee”

Fuck off Nomura. Not so much the whole dark thing, just the blatant black and white 180 degree lying Nomura constantly is doing here. Not even the first time nomuras done this. 

What's this about? Some new interview?

Yeah 

basically Nomura all throughout E3 (and before even iirc) was going on about the plot being dark and darker than the other games, and now he’s it seems doing damage control  because he doesn’t know how to not overhype something. It’s just kinda annoying because he’s constantly gotten away with this a few times now regarding this franchise.

going through KH2 now. I’m gonna take a shot whenever there’s a retcon/inconsistency given later lore. Jesus there’s a few already and I’m only at yen sids castle 

So Kingdom Hearts Union X is celebrating 3rd anniversary of JP version, and with that they announced a bunch of stuff. The 2 most notable announcements:

1) The game is getting a big update version 3.0.0 this week (at least in JP version, no confirmed date for Global version yet), and with that come 5 Classic Kingdom minigames, chat rooms, a new world that was teased during Dandelion Meeting(iirc) and probably a bunch of other stuff.

2) If you get a certain score in said minigames, you'll be able to get a Starlight keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3. And I guess this is just a part of the overall connectivity between KH3 and KHUX according to Nomura's message, which is also included in the link.

2 hours ago, Bobnik said:

If you get a certain score in said minigames, you'll be able to get a Starlight keyblade in Kingdom Hearts 3. And I guess this is just a part of the overall connectivity between KH3 and KHUX according to Nomura's message, which is also included in the link.

Well that’s pretty neat. I’ll give them that. But hopefully there are other means to earning that in 3 for those that aren’t that good at Union Cross or wanna play it 

49 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Well that’s pretty neat. I’ll give them that. But hopefully there are other means to earning that in 3 for those that aren’t that good at Union Cross or wanna play it 

I mean, the minigames are completely unrelated to the main game since they're the same minigames that are going to be in KH3, so being good at UX or not doesn't really matter.

But yeah, it'd be neat if you're able to get Starlight in the game itself, even if as DLC later on.

• Thumbs Up 1

About the whole “is that Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow” thing:

It might actually be Jared Butler, who played him in Disney Infinity and some other games.

THEY DID IT! THEY FUCKIN FINALLY DID IT AND IT LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING

0B37F76F-9B1D-44EC-94C3-596EBBEDADD9_50.

85BE665D-F14A-4CCF-9E9B-1C8497C430CD_50.

A1DA452F-E384-4852-8447-3AD7A01E79E7_50.

[/spoilers]

Vanitas without the cloak

7A7E0F9A-049F-4062-9EC6-A271C676B8CA_50.

More dark Aqua

181BF8B5-D29B-4E2D-8408-48755C65C7A4.jpeg

EE5745EF-E479-4207-AD64-0343D3EB57A4_50.

(ITS CANON)

Also, looks like in San Fransokyo, he wears some vr glasses or something to communicate with Hiro.

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

Xion’s a possible Xehanort 

Also we’re getting closer to this epic showndown!

And wow we’ve come a long way

Oh, and the VR thing will be free and release sometime later this year. Honestly, given all the Sony exclusive shit squares been doing regarding kh, I’m really believing this was initially gonna be a Sony exclusive. The Xbox version is just getting left in the dust, only getting a keyblade skin, whereas Sony’s getting the hd collections, vr, a limited edition console, the main player base, etc.

8 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Also we’re getting closer to this epic showndown!

And wow we’ve come a long way

Oh, and the VR thing will be free and release sometime later this year. Honestly, given all the Sony exclusive shit squares been doing regarding kh, I’m really believing this was initially gonna be a Sony exclusive. The Xbox version is just getting left in the dust, only getting a keyblade skin, whereas Sony’s getting the hd collections, vr, a limited edition console, the main player base, etc.

Spoiler

...Xion....a heartless

stop nomura have mercy i cant take anymore heart destroying like this

BH6 is looking great, finally nice to see it after all the hype surrounding it. Monsters Inc is looking as slick as you'd expect too, which is pretty nice.

8 hours ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

I already kinda figured Xion would show up as a boss later anyway. I still have NO IDEA how this is supposed to work. She literally ceased to exist. How could Xion have been Norted? Nomura doesn't make any goddamn sense.

https://twitter.com/jaidynreiman/status/1039225968869535745

Just now, JaidynReiman said:
  Hide contents

I already kinda figured Xion would show up as a boss later anyway. I still have NO IDEA how this is supposed to work. She literally ceased to exist. How could Xion have been Norted? Nomura doesn't make any goddamn sense.

https://twitter.com/jaidynreiman/status/1039225968869535745

Spoiler

What’s even more confusing is wasn’t she housed within Sora? Which was seen at the end of DDD, the game that takes place immediately before 3? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

What’s even more confusing is wasn’t she housed within Sora? Which was seen at the end of DDD, the game that takes place immediately before 3? 

Spoiler

She's a replica first and foremost. I did say earlier that it's possibly Xemnas could revive her through another replica in an attempt to fuck with Roxas and get him out of Digital Twilight. 

If I had to guess, it's an empty shell of a replica, similar to what she was before meeting Roxas. She's basically a puppet til Sora can restore what made her, her. If that makes sense.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

That's exactly what I said in my tweet. She ceased to exist/returned to Sora. I did call her being a boss, but I figured she'd be released in some way and in confusion have a boss encounter against her. I have no idea how its possible she was "Norted" unless it happens during the course of the game.

Which I guess could work. Big Hero 6 is likely one of the final worlds, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

She's a replica first and foremost. I did say earlier that it's possibly Xemnas could revive her through another replica in an attempt to fuck with Roxas and get him out of Digital Twilight. 

If I had to guess, it's an empty shell of a replica, similar to what she was before meeting Roxas. She's basically a puppet til Sora can restore what made her, her. If that makes sense.

Spoiler

But then she wouldn’t have a heart then if she’s just a lifeless puppet, which is required in order to get norted.

2 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Which I guess could work. Big Hero 6 is likely one of the final worlds, isn't it?

Yeah, I’m guessing that, Pirates, and a possible third Disney film are the final worlds. Look at the health bar on the mini boss. Jesus lol. Also BH6 was one of the last addition worlds added. 

I’m gonna assume we have two more Disney world reveals considering we have TGS and Jump festa left. Guesses? For me, Jungle Book and either brave, or Princess & the Frog 

3 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Reveal hidden contents

But then she wouldn’t have a heart then if she’s just a lifeless puppet, which is required in order to get norted.

Yeah, I’m guessing that, Pirates, and a possible third Disney film are the final worlds. Look at the health bar on the mini boss. Jesus lol. Also BH6 was one of the last addition worlds added. 

I’m gonna assume we have two more Disney world reveals considering we have TGS and Jump festa left. Guesses? For me, Jungle Book and either brave, or Princess & the Frog 

I really want Sherwood Forest even though I know it probably won't happen. Jungle Book would be great, though, I can definitely see that happening.

I doubt Brave because we've already got two Pixar worlds as is. Princess and the Frog could be possible.

I just say brave due to that “new 7 princesses of heart” line. I heavily would prefer princess and the frog though as it’s a more unique local, can still work the new princess angle, and was a more notable landmark for Disney 

Also yes please, Robin Hood would be dope. Though jungle book thematically probably works better with kh themes.(that and baloo and mowgli as duo party members) on top of Nomura constantly trying to work that world into the franchise 

I think the Jungle Book should be a lock considering they’ve been trying to put that movie in a Kingdom hearts game for years now. Hell, it was even supposed to be in birth by sleep and King Louie’s court can be found as part of a dummied out stage.

I’m also hoping for Princess and the Frog because not having Dr. Facilier as a boss would be the missed opportunity of the century. Plus since he specializes in dark magic while Mama Odie specializes in light magic, the movie would fit in nicely with the themes of this series.

• Thumbs Up 2

The vr thing is decent. I expect it to be like fate. A 7 min thing where you stand in one spot and swing a blade of you have the move sticks or just use the controller. And I dont think the game getting a console for ps4 meant it was meant to be exclusive.  its mostly cause ps4 outsells the one in japan. Granted I expect  the game to run host on one x.

13 hours ago, KHCast said:

Are the Japanese voice actors for the BH6 characters the official ones from the original movie? Anyone know? 

Sounds like it.

4 hours ago, Meta77 said:

The vr thing is decent. I expect it to be like fate. A 7 min thing where you stand in one spot and swing a blade of you have the move sticks or just use the controller. And I dont think the game getting a console for ps4 meant it was meant to be exclusive.  its mostly cause ps4 outsells the one in japan. Granted I expect  the game to run host on one x.

It’s promotion being specifically Sony, getting shown off at mostly Sony stuff, the vr experience, getting its super hyped limited edition console for only Sony, the hd collections along with the literal demo game that ties into 3 only being on PlayStation, all give off the heavy impression Xbox was a afterthought in the long run, or that Microsoft paid them for 3 to be on Xbox, while not giving that much of a shit to also ask for the games needed in order to understand it, and given how Xbox has never been the home for jrpg’s and they typically never do that well on the system, doesn’t really matter if it’ll run KH3 the best on Xbox, Sony essentially is the one who gets the good publicity whenever news emerges about the game. I constantly see people forget that the Xbox is even getting it. I think it’s cool that Xbox players get to play it, but with how that version has been getting ignored, it’s lack of history with the series, and that it feels almost forgotten, I can’t help but feel like it was a afterthought to make KH3 multiplat.(especially given how Microsoft during the time of its announcement for Xbox were in a rut regarding having games worth a damn, and would buy timed exclusives like tomb raider so they could have it first.)

360 had some great jrpgs  the system has just always struggled in japan. Star ocean was fun. And psu. I'm sure it came on late though