Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

2 minutes ago, Gamefreak3525 said:

The Drop mechanic is easily my least favorite aspect of DDD. But it only forces you to switch to the next character, so you won't be getting game overs. If I remember correctly, you should pick up at the same spot you left your character when the gauge runs out. Unfortunately, this won't apply to boss battles; the fight will restart if the gauge ran out mid-battle. It's best you start these battles with a full gauge (especially towards the end of the game); remember you can manually force the gauge to run out in case you don't feel like waiting around. 

Hide contents

Also, make sure you best Sora's final boss before attempting Riku's. Riku's boss has several phases that make it extremely unlikely you will be able to beat it in time. Trust me, it's already a frustrating fight to begin with. Being forced out of the fight is downright infuriating. 

It’s been awhile since I played so could be wrong but I think you restart the room you were in when you dropped but that isn’t a big deal.

Dropping mid way through a boss is immensely frustrating since you need to do the entire boss again from the start. Always keep Drop-Me-Nots on hand to refill the meter.

Considering they used music in Re:Coded HD from the Piano Collections, anyone else hoping they use some of the music from the KH world tour orchestras in KH3? Specifically Wave of Darkness(demon wave) and Enter the Darkness(Vanitas’s theme). Cause those two themes are just simply badass as fuck.

This joke is seriously never ending.
I'm really feeling bad for Xbox fans at this point.

You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me...Jesus Christ square stop being greedy asses and just...why not on Xbox still?:/

Yeah it should should at least be on Xbox if KH3 is coming to Xbox. This is just ridiculous.

Does this confirm that 1.5+2.5 PS4 was just released as a cash grab then? I mean why release two versions of the same collection(one of which having an extra game compilation) along with 2.8 being a full 60 dollar game by itself, and a digital bundle of the collection. This just reeks of corporate greed.

Not to mention it does not appear to be available in Canada, Gamestop, Amazon.com both say don't ship to canada, Square's site has BS shipping to canada (more than the game itself for crying out loud) and no Canadian retailer seems to have it up

I'm fine with this. I don't have these on PS4 yet and there's finally a Kingdom Hearts collection that's worth the price of admission 

I dont agree with kh rarely rofl but even I agree on the fact it's odd they do this yet again. They just released these games for ps4 recently I guess for people to lazy to touch two different boxes on a shelf

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Does this confirm that 1.5+2.5 PS4 was just released as a cash grab then? I mean why release two versions of the same collection(one of which having an extra game compilation) along with 2.8 being a full 60 dollar game by itself, and a digital bundle of the collection. This just reeks of corporate greed.

Because 2.8 and 1.5 + 2.5 are nearing two full years of release? 

I don't see the fuss here. There's plenty of times where games have been marked down a year or so after their first release - through a re-release, including greatest hits editions and everything else. 

1.5+2.5 very clearly isn't a cash-grab considering that not only does it fix up a lot of the major glitches from the original PS3 release and even improves load times this time around, but pushing the games into a proper form of 60fps also massively helped. 

Considering the All In One Bundle is priced far more and comes with a pre-order digital copy of KH3, that isn't comparable either. This is very clearly just a re-release and likely will simply feature a double case with two discs - one being 1.5 + 2.5, the other being 2.8.

Bandai recently released a double-pack of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and FighterZ to coincide with the release of FighterZ's Switch port and that was also priced down from the original price of the game, because that's what happens to every game bar Nintendo exclusives - they price drop as time goes back. I mean, you can pick up the biggest name Sony exclusives right now like Uncharted 4, Last of Us, Ratchet & Clank and Bloodborne for a massively discounted price under their PlayStation Hits line now. 

I really don't understand your logic here. How exactly is a simple bundle re-release of two collections a different version, or better yet - reeking of corporate greed? If anything, this is better for the consumer since if they want the full series, they don't need to go and hunt down two separate collections for two separate prices which would likely run over the price being offered now for the bundle pack. The name right on the bundle pretty much sums it up - "This is a cheaper bundle re-release of all of the KH games if you want to get into KH3 but don't want to invest in a KH3 pre-order yet".  

It just seems like over saturation of the same thing. 1.5 and 2.5 separate on PS3, then 2.8 on PS4, then go back to 1.5 and 2.5 again but now on PS4, then a digital deluxe package edition with 3, and finally now this. You can say “options and choices” but that just looks like a mess of re-releases in less like 5 years. And the kicker, being that 2.8 alone was 60 bucks. Why 1. Wait this long for this package when they could have did this with 2.8 originally and 2. sell so many versions beforehand and at price hikes sometimes like they did with 2.8? That doesn’t come off like doing it for the customer, especially give squares track record at times. It’s like they keep editing in a new version cause they forgot something. (Like this bit)And 3. Still avoid a Xbox release? The story so far, may be a reasonable package in itself, but up until now, it seems like milking when they could have just did this from the start when 2.8 was even released 

Cheaper by very little how much is the entire bundle again cause a quick amazon scan shows 1.5. And 2.5 bundle at 30 dollars. And 2.8 at gs as 18

Both of which I'm sure will drop rather soon. Takes amazon stores a little to adjust to new offerings

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

It just seems like over saturation of the same thing. 1.5 and 2.5 separate on PS3, then 2.8 on PS4, then go back to 1.5 and 2.5 again but now on PS4

1. Because the original ideal of having the entire series under one console was now gone - not helped by the collections releasing at the tail-end of the PS3's lifespan (Seriously, 2.5 had released a year or two after the PS4 release IIRC)

2. 1.5 + 2.5 wasn't just some cheap thrown together PS4 port like nearly every game publisher was doing at the time. In an era of nothing but definitive editions doing nothing more but touching a few graphics up and throwing the DLC in, Square not only went ahead and pushed every game to look good on a 4K display on PS4 Pro, but also went to the effort of fixing the PS3 Game-Breaking Glitches (Xemnas battle, the drive form times, the D-Linking times), pushing all games to 60fps, and even more - updating and adding free DLC to the PS4 version to give Xion and Roxas a proper fight scene in 358/2 Days, but to finally give KH1 a theater mode. 

It's absolutely not fair to claim 1.5 + 2.5 was some lazy cash-grab, a hackjob thrown together onto PS4 to bring in a few extra bucks when considering that the collection got proper patches and fixes this time around, along with DLC to add additional features - they very clearly intended to try make a proper definitive way to play the original four games featured on both collections. To be frank, PS4 KH2FM is the only way I ever see myself playing the game again because of how good 60fps is (And no - the emulation at 60fps argument doesn't work either - Square fixed the bugs that plagued the original release, making 60fps work very well, while the emulation attempts at 60fps results in numerous bugs and glitches). 

3. Oversaturation is a really weak excuse in this instance. There have been to date - four proper collection releases. That is not counting Story so Far, or All-In-One because they're literally just re-release bundles of already existing and games pushing two years old at this point. 1.5 and 2.5 were on a different console altogether and while good - were plagued with technical issues. 2.8 was a completely different collection altogether and made sense why it got a release, because otherwise we'd have no way of playing two of the games that tied immensely heavily into 3 - Dream Drop Distance, and 0.2. 

Again, you'd have a point to stand on if Square had said "this is a seperate release with it's own content! It's got exclusive scenes for the movies, and it's got new final mixes for Dream Drop Distance and 0.2!". Then you'd have a proper leg to say this is over-saturation and money-grubbing, because it'd be virtually releasing a new collection altogether that forces those who already got 2.8 and 1.5/2.5 to get it if they want the new content. But that isn't the case. It is literally just a re-released bundle of two games that have been out for a year and a half by this point, and that is a very common practice in the game industry to re-release games at a cheaper price point around two years after original release.

12 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Why 1. Wait this long for this package when they could have did this with 2.8 originally and 2. sell so many versions beforehand and at price hikes like they did with 2.8

I don't particularly know why, other than both collections were sold as new games, which technically made sense. You got two older collections but remade and upgraded with 1.5/2.5 or you got the completely new content with 2.8. That's down to you if you think it's worth the price point, personally I would've knocked it down to a cheaper price point due to 0.2 not being a full game, but from a business stand-point, 1.5/2.5 had the content and the upgrades to justify the newer price-point on PS4 as you basically got the value of two collections with it. 

14 minutes ago, KHCast said:

3. Still avoid a Xbox release? 

That is an absolutely fair point. I'm annoyed myself that we still haven't at the very least gotten a Switch port of 1.5/2.5, even if 3 isn't incoming on the console. Xbox not getting it is just a downright idiotic decision and just goes further to prove how absolutely stupid Square is with a port of KH3 in the first place. I honestly don't know why they didn't bother keeping it a PlayStation exclusive because it's exceedingly clear they have no care or intention to properly market the rest of the series to the Xbox gamers, and that's just awful marketing and dedication. 

I’m counting All in One and story so far as they ARE separate products being up for sale, even if not new entries, that makes it 6, and a potential 7 if what people are saying about a physical all in one package after 3, eventually happens. All under the span of 6 years. I still refuse to believe all of these separate products were necessary to sell and for the customers convenience. (Its even funny considering 3D says “this leads to 3” in its end sequence, and between that and 3 we’ve gotten 6 separate products sold to us.)

There's an obvious financial benefit to them chopping the games up, but the time to complain about that has long past. The abundance of bundle options doesn't really mean much of anything, since there's not going to be much overlap as far as who buys what. They're just options at that point. 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I’m counting All in One and story so far as they ARE separate products.

You're really grasping at straws to call it a separate product and version. It is literally the exact same games and content you got a year and a half ago simply bundled together at a cheaper price point. 

No, we haven't gotten six different products to buy. We were given multiple options in order to get the games. You could get them at release and not have to wait nearly two years to play the games, or you waited and congrats - you get a cheaper price point. That is literally how nearly every game release on the market goes, the only difference being if they didn't get a re-release, they got marked down from their original price. 

This is here purely to entice people who haven't jumped in yet to buy a bundle at a cheaper price point conveniently. What's next? Are we going to call out the N Sane Trilogy because between the three other ports to Xbox, Switch and PC, they've released four copies of the game, different products under your definition at a cheaper price point a year after the original release?

Beyond the utter stupidity that there isn't a Xbox/Switch release, there is virtually no reason to be angry about a option being present to people to get on board with the series at a cheaper cost. I do not see the logic in being angry with this - we're literally arguing with the fact the series has now been made even more accessible than it was already because now there's literally two bundles that gives you the entire series in one fell swoop, I do not see how that's an issue.

It’s not being made more accessible though. It’s still PlayStation only, and you can probably get both 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 for cheaper used. I’m annoyed that supposedly we needed all these options instead of a reasonable package to begin with. I can believe the PS3 versions being the way they were. However the PS4 bundles should have just been what TSSF is from the get go, and I don’t think it was essential to have them as they were before it. (Especially when 2.8 was laughed at for not justifying its price at all.) I’ll agree with wraith that at this point it’s not gonna really change what’s been done, but still is incredibly stupid I believe on their end when they probably financially could have benefit from not splitting 1.5 and 2.5 from 2.8 considering I don’t recall the sales on 2.8 being as strong. 

On 10/5/2018 at 9:10 PM, Wraith said:

There's an obvious financial benefit to them chopping the games up, but the time to complain about that has long past. The abundance of bundle options doesn't really mean much of anything, since there's not going to be much overlap as far as who buys what. They're just options at that point. 

I think the more legit complaints are aimed at these games still being console exclusive well past the point of sense. 

Does Square just not like Microsoft or something, cause I feel as if there’s some corporate drama between these two that have resulted in this. The general lack of KH3 promotion for Xbox and the hd collections brings exclusive for Sony just paints a really negative picture regarding how they feel about Microsoft 

The lack of Switch ports is ridiculous as well. Not exactly the best way to build up hype for the game on all fronts. 

As a switch owner unless they are really making a new version of switch next year which I doubt will improve power it's a underpowered system.  from what we've seen kh3 is going to ba a graphical wonder and fast. Unless they are not shutting for 60 frames and tone down a lot of the graphics I dont see a switch port anytime soon. Hell the pirates boss fight looks insane enough and I'm sure it would dip like crazy.

Only reason xbox is not getting a port of older stuff is more than likely they dont feel like mapping buttons/if it's not popular in our home country forget it

20 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

As a switch owner unless they are really making a new version of switch next year which I doubt will improve power it's a underpowered system.  from what we've seen kh3 is going to ba a graphical wonder and fast. Unless they are not shutting for 60 frames and tone down a lot of the graphics I dont see a switch port anytime soon. Hell the pirates boss fight looks insane enough and I'm sure it would dip like crazy.

Only reason xbox is not getting a port of older stuff is more than likely they dont feel like mapping buttons/if it's not popular in our home country forget it

Well the 60 FPS only really applies to the pro and one x. Basic models run 30 FPS I believe, so I’d assume the switch would also run 30 if they were getting it. 

Also that’s a really lazy reason to not do it if they’re goal is to introduce new people to the series

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

Apparently there’s been talk of a switch port of KH3, not sure if it’s legit, but that’d be cool if true 

Well, that would certainly give more of a reason for Sora to be in Smash. Lord knows it's plausible to make a Switch version that's optimized fine without sacrificing performance elements that matter that much. Where'd you hear about such from?