Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I mean going off of what Nomura implied regarding how he’d wanna do dlc, yeah sounds like a final mix/royal edition sounding dlc expansion 

I gotta wonder if part of people’s issues with the amount of cutscenes to gameplay ratio, despite that being quite typical for jrpg’s, is that we’re in a age where cutscenes in general are dying out and being replaced more with real time scenes more and more that still keep the gameplay going. Cause going off what I’m seeing criticism wise from people, a lot just wanna keep playing the game and not be stopped by cutscenes. And I gotta wonder if KH would even work in that type of style. 

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

And I gotta wonder if KH would even work in that type of style. 

Trying to keep up with THIS plot while it gets exposition dumped in the background of a frantic boss battle? I have a hard enough time keeping things straight just watching the cut-scenes. That sounds impossible lol

Spoiler

So after me looking at the Battle Portals, how would you guys feel if Square Enix implemented temporary ones to celebrate certain events (i.e. ones based off of upcoming/recent Square Enix games or upcoming/recent Disney movies)?

About the secret ending:

Spoiler

Am I the only one who feels like the reveal that Yozora is a real thing is dumb as absolute fuck, and totally ruins the joke behind it in the Toy Story world? It turns a joke into basically Nomura shoving his version of Vs XIII into KH for no real discernible reason.

it’s definitely dumb, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious at the least to see how the fuck they work that in, and if Sora brings up toy box regarding him.

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Hide contents

it’s definitely dumb, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious at the least to see how the fuck they work that in, and if Sora brings up toy box regarding him.

Spoiler

My largest issue with it is the timing. Between 3D removing the FF characters for TWEWY characters, and now this game having no FF characters bar the brief cameos from Cloud and Auron, and now he's confirming that this world is 100% real and canon to the KH universe that looks surprisingly a lot like how his version of Final Fantasy 15 or Versus XIII or whatever was gonna be. It's all a bit dodgy. 

it pretty much is a spite jab at Square for kicking him off FFXV.(the theme of the secret ending is literally just FFXV’s theme pretty much)  But yeah it does come off dodgy. I wonder if FF has lately become this difficult franchise to include legally and financially. Even regarding projects like kingdom hearts. We saw how limited Nintendo was regarding using the property, so I gotta wonder if that is also applying to other projects that wish to use final fantasy 

regarding the secret ending itself, I wouldn’t be shocked if they Nomura pulls a “created from Sora’s experiences” card at us and say Yazora is connected to Sora. And no doubt, that’s the master of masters. You can tell by his posture when he walks towards the edge of the building. (Also I’m expecting some connection to him and Yazora, considering Yazora is basically Noctis, and the MoM uses Noctis’s voice actor)

You know what really pisses me off?

Spoiler

Final Fantasy 15 - straight up - is the one and only FF game I've played - and beaten to completion. And even though I'm not holding the lack of FF stuff against KH3 because at least they upped their game with the Disney worlds, I'm fucking gutted that not only did we not get to see Noct and his gang of friends in KH3, but they're basically getting thrown out for Nomura's gang of expys.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You know what really pisses me off?

Hide contents

Final Fantasy 15 - straight up - is the one and only FF game I've played - and beaten to completion. And even though I'm not holding the lack of FF stuff against KH3 because at least they upped their game with the Disney worlds, I'm fucking gutted that not only did we not get to see Noct and his gang of friends in KH3, but they're basically getting thrown out for Nomura's gang of expys.

Kinda makes sense when you think about it given the circumstances.

he was literally thrown off the project he was heading, so he probably wouldn’t wanna use characters from the game he got chucked off of

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

About the secret ending:

Hide contents

Am I the only one who feels like the reveal that Yozora is a real thing is dumb as absolute fuck, and totally ruins the joke behind it in the Toy Story world? It turns a joke into basically Nomura shoving his version of Vs XIII into KH for no real discernible reason.

Spoiler

Nah it just makes the joke funnier 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

Kinda makes sense when you think about it given the circumstances.

Hide contents

he was literally thrown off the project he was heading, so he probably wouldn’t wanna use characters from the game he got chucked off of

Spoiler

Not a good excuse to act like a spoiled, tantruming child. A capable creator would take the hit and make things better, that's how it always has been for characters like Squall, Tidus or Lighting for crossovers.
If Nomura really thought his vision was "the correct one", he should have used Noctis instead of an expy. Also the fact that Tabata actually left Square makes this even more petty if you ask me.

using Noctis actually takes the entire punch out of the entire situation. It’s actually funny having knock off noct BECAUSE of the whole situation regarding Nomura. That’s the whole joke. Going on to then make it canon to KH is just icing on the cake. Plus if they were to use Noctis, odds are it wouldn’t be Nomura’s idea of Noctis, and moreso the established square one, so would essentially defeat the purpose of using him instead of Yazora.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/09/kingdom-hearts-3-the-challenges-and-rewards-of-working-with-disney#

You can read some specifics about what working with Disney and Pixar is like here. It seems kind of tedious and painstaking especially regarding animation but they arrived at one of the best looking games I ever played so it's hard to say it wasn't worth it.

This part is interesting, though.

“For each different world we had to deal with a different team,” explains Nomura, “and [plotting] was largely down to what their feelings were on what they wanted to happen. There were some teams that were like, ‘Ooh, if you make a new story, you're going to kind of ruin the world that we created,’ whereas there were teams, like Toy Story, who said to us, ‘Well, we can't have it in that world, but if you want to make a new story, that's fine.’”

If you're wondering why some worlds have original stories and some don't, well there you go.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well damn. Kinda feel sorry for nomura and the team regarding that. Doesn’t excuse the badly made adaptions still, but there were restrictions I can see. Though can’t say I’m surprised regarding Disney being difficult. Especially regarding franchises like frozen 

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Well damn. Kinda feel sorry for nomura and the team regarding that. Doesn’t excuse the badly made adaptions still, but there were restrictions I can see. Though can’t say I’m surprised regarding Disney being difficult. Especially regarding franchises like frozen 

Is there confirmation that Frozen was included on Nomura, or Disney's insistence?

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Is there confirmation that Frozen was included on Nomura, or Disney's insistence?

Frozen was included on the insistence of being thethird highest grossing movie ever released in Japan. 

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I mean, they have to be used to this by now. They've been at this for like 20 years

• Thumbs Up 2

I gotta wonder how an original story for the pirates world would “ruin the world” they created.(especially when later films already did that)

20 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'd lean on the thought that it was Nomura's insistence. Frozen is adored in Japan, which is why we have things like the entirety of Let It Go play in KH3. If the opportunity was there, they may as well take it.

...And partly Disney, since Frozen is a franchise that prints money.

22 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I gotta wonder how an original story for the pirates world would “ruin the world” they created.(especially when later films already did that)

Nomura actually said he chose Pirates 3 himself.

I will admit one thing about one of the original plots in particular:

As great as San Fransokyo's story was, the way they had the original Baymax stay with the heroes and coexist alongside Baymax MkII kind of ruined the impact of the movies ending for me.

Not to mention how it bothered me that everyone was treating old Baymax and new Baymax as if they were two different entities when the whole point was that new Baymax was literally just old Baymax in a new body.

Not to mention the “old Baymax stays” ending kind of treads on the toes of the other spin-offs. What does this mean for the TV series, for example? Are they different canons? Does KH3’s story take place after the end of the series?

• Thumbs Up 1

yeah that bothered me too. Having 2 baymax’s kinda takes the emotional impact out of the original film, and also makes baymax as a character feel less unique and special. Was really hoping they’d destroy it