Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

It’s like I said before: it’s up to ones own interpretation. If you want to regard it as canon, then you’re allowed to because nothing in there contradicts the films.

• Thumbs Up 3

I guess the question comes down to if Pixar themselves ACTUALLY consider it canon to the films lol. It sounds like there was a lot of back and forth on how this was going to work between Square Pixar and Disney. Which speaking of Toy Story apparently TS4 possibly has a KH Easter egg?

DTZ5t2AaJ9qo2RKPyryDs9-1200-80.jpg

Look online dude, tons of articles and forums are citing it as a possible nod to the keyblade.

https://www.gamesradar.com/toy-story-4-might-have-a-kingdom-hearts-3-easter-egg/

https://amp.businessinsider.com/33-easter-eggs-details-you-missed-toy-story-4-pixar-disney-2019

https://www.kh13.com/news/potential-kingdom-hearts-reference-found-in-toy-story-4-r3048/

Certainly had the shape and design. And Pixar is all about Easter eggs, so wouldn’t be that hard to believe they’d do that there 

more clear look 

Kingdom_Key_Toy_Story_4.PNG.36d162cf7eb3

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

https://gamerant.com/kingdom-hearts-3-pixar-toy-story-canon/

I know this is a controversial topic, but reading this, it really does come off as if Pixar genuinely insisted to Nomura and Square that the only way to do their worlds in KH was to have the KH characters actually visit the actual official canon lore(at least regarding Toy Story). 

Like, maybe this can be interpreted to still mean it’s not actually canon, but idk...Seems like the words used make a strong case for it actually being canon to the films

Ah, that was cool!

Not too too surprising.

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

I guess the question comes down to if Pixar themselves ACTUALLY consider it canon to the films lol. It sounds like there was a lot of back and forth on how this was going to work between Square Pixar and Disney. Which speaking of Toy Story apparently TS4 possibly has a KH Easter egg?

Hide contents

DTZ5t2AaJ9qo2RKPyryDs9-1200-80.jpg

Five Nights as Lightyear's, is this where you wanna be?

8 minutes ago, Ernest the Panda said:

How...?

Hey, I believe I posted about this a while back on KHInsider.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Yeah...and too soon, man. Who's gonna voice Xehanort if he has any lines in Re:Mind, assuming Rutger didn't record extra lines prior?

Mark Hammill?

• Thumbs Up 1

Something late I wanted to share before I hit the hay (I was out late); there's an impressive cosplay firm called kigurumi, and now we have an Aqua cosplayer joining in on the act:

13 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Something late I wanted to share before I hit the hay (I was out late); there's an impressive cosplay firm called kigurumi, and now we have an Aqua cosplayer joining in on the act:

Oh, one can feel it alright.

I just had a brilliant alternate take in the Grimm Guardianness. Spoiler tagged due to length:

Spoiler

Mother Gothel turns into a giant Nobody and draws power from her lesser Heartless (Flower Witch) loosely resembling Rapunzel. The Heartless is the main thing to defeat, but the Nobody is still greatly involved in the battle. Once the Nobody draws enough power, it changes from its grim reaper witch form and takes the form of a beautiful lady. The beauty form only has an armor health gauge, and the witch reaper form takes no damage, but can still be staggered while you go after the Heartless, which will be covered in flower petals while the Nobody is in beauty form.

17 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

When Somebody becomes a Heartless, what exactly determines the materialization of its Nobody?

How strong that body’s will is. If a weak-willed person becomes a Heartless, then there’s no Nobody.

…which could’ve been another thing that Mother Gothel’s longevity could’ve been weaved into, but nope.

Now onto the real question: Once someone becomes a heartless, where and/or when does their Nobody come into existence?  

3 hours ago, Perkilator said:

How strong that body’s will is. If a weak-willed person becomes a Heartless, then there’s no Nobody.

…which could’ve been another thing that Mother Gothel’s longevity could’ve been weaved into, but nope.

Oh really? I just assumed the Nobody would be something weak, like a Dusk.

It’s been implied in the past that Nobodies can be “demoted”, for lack of a better word. In one of the KH2FM cutscenes, Axel mentions that Xemnas, or any of his Organisation superiors, could turn him into a Dusk if they wanted to.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Perkilator said:

New Re:Mind trailer:

Weird…I figured there would be more buzz around this trailer.

Here, let's do these encounters again except better this time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1