Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Remind Spoiler: 

Spoiler

The Limit Cut bosses are accessed via a new Cavern of Remembrance.   

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Remind Spoiler: 

Hide contents

The Limit Cut bosses are accessed via a new Cavern of Remembrance.   

What world is it in?

2 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Hide contents

What world is it in?

Spoiler

No idea, I just saw a screenshot of the room on Reddit, likely Keyblade Graveyard if I had to guess.

Spoiler:

Limitcut is its own episode. I only skimmed through a video without listening to what was being said.

-The first cutscene has Riku going from Land of Departure to Radiant Garden. There’s apparently a one year timeskip when he does.

-You can wander around Merlin’s house as Riku. You can’t leave.

-The actual bosses are a data simulation being fought with a data Sora, which is all part of a setup on Cid’s computer.

-The place inside the simulation where the boss gates are resembles the place at the end of CoR, but it’s surrounded by digitally distorted white space. It has the same music.

Aw man, you gotta beat the game in Critical Mode to get Oblivion... Bleh.

I don't really have time to struggle through the game but harder again.

14 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

I forgot to mention there was an update a week or two ago--what was that about?

A update to the title screen, and some bug fixes, according to the patch notes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you guys know if you can pick your difficulty when you start the DLC? 

2 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Aw man, you gotta beat the game in Critical Mode to get Oblivion... Bleh.

I don't really have time to struggle through the game but harder again.

I started another playthrough on critical today... then realized I don't have the patience to go through it all before I get to the DLC.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Do you guys know if you can pick your difficulty when you start the DLC? 

I started another playthrough on critical today... then realized I don't have the patience to go through it all before I get to the DLC.

You don't select a difficulty, you choose a previous save to use for ReMind as well, similar to how you carry over a save for NG+.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went ahead and used a super helpful grinding thing and went from level 44 to 77 in a half hour. And then I beat the secret boss! Took about 5 attempts (3 of which I forgot to equip better items), hehe.

EDIT: New mobile project coming out, tentatively titled Project Xehanort!

https://www.kingdomhearts.com/xehanort/us/home/

...Do you think if Sora's mom saw Roxas, Ventus, Namine and Xion she'd somehow think Kairi and Sora had cloned themselves somehow?

I just finished the main ReMind episode, and started onto the Limit Cut episode. I'm not quite ready for full story thoughts, but I will say this - reMind is about 3-5 hours long in of itself, and quite a bit of it just redoing the finale of KH3. You get to choose if you want to play as Sora, or Riku/Roxas/Aqua in each of their retrospective OXIII fights, but that's it. Scala is explorable now, and has two main areas, both of which are fairly huge, but that's about it as well.

Some story details are cleared up, specifically 

Spoiler

How Xion was brought back (They found her data on one of Vexen's old computers, and needed a new vessel with ties to Sora), and how Roxas/Namine were revived (Sora unlocked Roxas from his heart during the ReMind DLC, and same for Namine), we see Luxord figuring out what Xigbar wants the black box for, and we see MoM manipulating and goading Young Xehanort into his path of darkness.

There's more questions raised - 

Spoiler

Sora's story is not cleared up by the end, Kairi ends up in a sleep for a year trying to help Ansem the Wise find answers about Sora in her heart, the Wayfinder trio were training Riku for awhile, and are now going into the Realm of Darkness for a year to try find Sora. Mickey and co are exploring past worlds to find Sora, Riku is the leader now.

The FF cast is only there to set up the Limit Cut episode, and only Merlin's House is explorable.

Secret boss is - 

Spoiler

Yozora. Final ending is more nonsense about trying to tie VS 13 into the KH universe, Luxord seems to be originally from the VS13 world.

As for the Limit Cut bosses, or more rather - the data bosses, they're insanely hard. If you wanted challenge, it will be found here. I'm a bit mixed on the design so far, because it feels like one foot is in KH2 realms of great boss design, and the other foot is stuck in BBS boss design.

For example, I've beaten Dark Riku and Ansem on proud so far. Ansem has a more or less fairly standard pattern based around blocking. However, not only is the window to attack him when he's able to be staggered extremely small, but he teleports right after the move that opens him up, making it a total crap-shoot if Sora will hit him or not. And by the end where he uses his desperation attack over and over again, it's a complete nightmare. He starts spamming his normal moveset with these fire bolts that inflict elemental damage on Sora, meaning that he can break your Withstand Combo ability, and one shot you either way.

Do we have any confirmation yet on who MX’s new voice actor is?

The primary belief is that it’s Christopher Lloyd, and I definitely have to agree based on what I’ve heard.

19 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Do we have any confirmation yet on who MX’s new voice actor is?

The primary belief is that it’s Christopher Lloyd, and I definitely have to agree based on what I’ve heard.

I'm fairly certain it's Christopher Lloyd.

Also - some more update details:

-The six new combo abilities are commonly agreed to be excellent, and a massive fix for KH3's combat. They're snappier, faster, and bring Sora closer to KH2 tier-combat. Some gameplay tweaks is also allowing Sora to break out of guards instantly.

-Critical Mode got massively tweaked so enemies don't do so much damage, and your own damage scales properly so it isn't just chip damage.

How do you get the new abilities for Sora, are they given to you automatically or do you have to unlock them somehow? I'm not going to buy this DLC anytime soon, but I was thinking of getting back into it especially after hearing that stuff like attractions can now be turned off (which I am hoping is part of the free update and not the DLC)

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

How do you get the new abilities for Sora, are they given to you automatically or do you have to unlock them somehow? I'm not going to buy this DLC anytime soon, but I was thinking of getting back into it especially after hearing that stuff like attractions can now be turned off (which I am hoping is part of the free update and not the DLC)

The combos are part of the free update, and are given to you automatically when you load up your save file. 

And yes, the new combos, critical mode, turning off attractions, as well as Oathkeeper, and Oblivion are part of the free update. Attractions can be turned off, but only on Critical Mode. You get Oathkeeper by collecting all 90 Lucky Emblems (which gives you the Proof of Memories), and you get Oblivion by beating the game on Critical (which gives you Proof of Times Past). You trade the proofs into a Moogle shop for the keyblades then. 

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The combos are part of the free update, and are given to you automatically when you load up your save file. 

And yes, the new combos, as well as Oathkeeper, and Oblivion are part of the free update.

Niiiiice. These sound like good additions that I-

Attractions can be turned off, but only on Critical Mode. You get Oathkeeper by collecting all 90 Lucky Emblems (which gives you the Proof of Memories), and you get Oblivion by beating the game on Critical (which gives you Proof of Times Past). You trade the proofs into a Moogle shop for the keyblades then. 

😐

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Niiiiice. These sound like good additions that I-

😐

Being fair, I haven't tested it myself, but if Reddit is to be believed, Critical got a massive fine-tuning update with reMind's release to make the difficulty much more fair. That added with the new combo abilities that help make Sora's gameplay much better should make Critical more fun to run through.

You can also carry over keyblades and such that you collected on previous playthroughs, so you can even go into critical mode with the likes of Wheel of Fate, and Happy Gear.

4 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Where’s this “Premium Menu” I’ve been hearing about supposed to be?

It's exclusive to reMind, you unlock it when you buy the DLC.

Same with the brand new Data Gathering mode.

ALSO - Destiny Island and Radient Garden are technically playable in a small way thanks to reMind, the data-gathering mode (basically, a massive photo mode tool for making custom pictures) has three areas from Destiny Islands, as well as the town square, and Merlin's house from Radiant Garden, Sora can play within these small sandboxes while he's setting things up for photos.

Destiny Islands' OST even got a new KH3 remix for it that only plays in Data Gathering if you go there.

Maybe someday. Playing on anything higher than normal difficulty in video games isn't my thing usually; I only did KH3 on proud mode because I knew it would be a pushover going into it compared to KH1 and 2.

7 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Damn it, well I still don't want it right now but I guess I'll wait for a sale then. $30 is still a lot to ask for when there's only certain aspects of the DLC I care about.

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, but where is it? I opened up the menu ingame after the download and didn’t see anything.

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Damn it, guess I'll wait for a sale then.

Yeah, I'd really recommend this. The bulk of content for ReMind can be summed up as:

• ReMind campaign - It's about 3-5 hours long, but a fair chunk of that is running through the finale of KH3 again, only with a few additional cutscenes, and being able to play as Roxas, Riku and Aqua. Things don't really change much until you get to Scala.
  • Limit Cut - Thirteen superbosses. You go up against all of True OXIII in a similar vain to KH2's data bosses. It can take awhile to do it, so idk how many hours it would roughly be, but that's what it is - 13 data bosses.
  • Secret Episode - It's a few cutscenes, and a secret boss. Unfortunately, unlike KH2's data bosses, Limit Cut and Secret episode are both important to the story, and canon. Limit Cut especially takes place a year after KH3's ending, and shows where the majority of characters currently are.
  • Data-Gathering - An expansion photo mode where you can go to tons of locations on different worlds, and rig up models/objects to make your own photos with effects and such.
  • Premium Menu - Where you can add the different effects to make the game easier or harder.

If that sounds like it's worth it to you, then it's not that bad for the price point, especially if you like superbosses, which KH3 severely lacked, although even at that, I'd still argue the price is still ridiculous. 

But if you're in it for the story content, then absolutely wait for a price drop. I cannot stress this enough, if it drops to like $15/£15, then maybe, but I would not recommend it at full price, personally, especially if you don't like dealing with superbosses.

5 minutes ago, Big Panda said:

Yeah, but where is it? I opened up the menu ingame after the download and didn’t see anything.

You need to start a new game to access the menu.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not even in it for the story lol, I really only want that premium menu in that list you brought up. I respect that they added superbosses for those who want them but I almost never bother with them in KH games either. It's disappointing that the other characters aren't freely playable outside of the Remind campaign. I wasn't expecting to play the entire game as them but it would have been nice to be able to free roam in other worlds with them. It's a shame, I would have happily taken another brand new Disney world or two.