Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I'm not even in it for the story lol, I really only want that premium menu in that list you brought up. I respect that they added superbosses for those who want them but I almost never bother with them in KH games either. It's disappointing that the other characters aren't freely playable outside of the Remind campaign. I wasn't expecting to play the entire game as them but it would have been nice to be able to free roam in other worlds with them. It's a shame, I would have happily taken another brand new Disney world or two.

I absolutely agree with the other characters. Roxas and Kairi both have their own playstyles, with Roxas having his dual-weld style fully in-tact, and feels insanely powerful, while Kairi has this really fun playstyle where she's insanely agile, able to hit and run enemies with her reaction command called Seven Wishes, and she has the ability to turn her keyblade into a whip - ala Lingering Will that she can use to move to enemies quickly. Aqua and Riku are more or less the same as base KH3, but I really wish we could've got to play with both Roxas and Kairi for longer.

Hell, 358/2 Days had over 15 characters playable, on the DS, in multiplayer. You had all of the OXIII, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Sora, and Dual-Weld Roxas as well as regular Roxas. I genuinely don't get why they couldn't add characters into free-roam. Hell, people have done that with hacks over the last year. 

Is it me, or does the surrounding area in the Limitcut battlefields look like the circutry from Tron’s world?

1 minute ago, Big Panda said:

Is it me, or does the surrounding area in the Limitcut battlefields look like the circutry from Tron’s world?

It probably is, it's established to be a joint connection between the computer systems in Hollow Bastion, and Twilight Town. The Grid in KH is used by Ansem the Wise for protecting his data and such, so it's likely the Data Remembrance area has been built in a similar area to the Tron world.

Ehhhh, Data Battles are very BBS and 3D, out of the ones I attempted so far (cleared 3: Young Xehanort, Replikku, and Larxene).

2 minutes ago, Conando said:

Ehhhh, Data Battles are very BBS and 3D, out of the ones I attempted so far (cleared 3: Young Xehanort, Replikku, and Larxene).

I don’t think I want to go that far, but as I said, it feels very one step in KH2, and one step in BBS. Nothing shows it off better than the Ansem fight to me, he has a pattern that works well, and does stagger if you pick the right opening, but it turns into an all out spammy mess by the end of the fight.

Something in the secret episode I was not expecting was

The alternate endings. I wonder if this was just meant to be an easter egg and nothing else, or if there’s some kind of deeper meaning there (a branched timeline, perhaps).

4 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

ReMind campaign - It's about 3-5 hours long, but a fair chunk of that is running through the finale of KH3 again, only with a few additional cutscenes, and being able to play as Roxas, Riku and Aqua. Things don't really change much until you get to Scala.

Wait, they don't even stick it into the main campaign? You'd think they would, given how sparse it is, what with just essentially being story content that should've been in the game already,  but alas.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Wait, they don't even stick it into the main campaign? You'd think they would, given how sparse it is, what with just essentially being story content that should've been in the game already,  but alas.

It's a separate campaign that takes place after KH3 proper, that's why. It retreads some of the finale, but it's essentially a secondary story taking place during the finale. It's Sora's journey to find Kairi's heart, and to do so, he has to go from where the timeline was split between the older version and newer version, and then experience scenes inbetween that.

I do think that the scenes should've been in there to begin with, but it would be incredibly difficulty to put them into the story as is, because you'd be jumping between two different plotlines running co-currently. 

The best way to think of it is like how BBS handled it, they're three different episodes that continue the story after KH3's ending.

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I don’t think I want to go that far, but as I said, it feels very one step in KH2, and one step in BBS. Nothing shows it off better than the Ansem fight to me, he has a pattern that works well, and does stagger if you pick the right opening, but it turns into an all out spammy mess by the end of the fight.

They all go full on Osaka team once they hit half health. It doesn’t make for a fun time. 

Edit: Also I legitimately hate the Luxord data battle.

Edit 2: I did the Ansem Battle, and that one actually was pretty enjoyable. You were right about him getting spammy near the end, but you can at least stagger him. Xemnas? I don’t even see an opening once he’s been slapped around a bit.

• Absolutely 1

How much is Remind again?

18 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

• ReMind campaign - It's about 3-5 hours long, but a fair chunk of that is running through the finale of KH3 again, only with a few additional cutscenes, and being able to play as Roxas, Riku and Aqua. Things don't really change much until you get to Scala.
  •  

I'm noticing a lack of Kairi on that list.

I feel maybe the biggest issue with Limit Cut is that the difficulty isn’t scaled well at all. There’s nothing in Standard or Proud mode that will prepare you for them, it’s like you’re in Critical Mode. The data battles in 2FM, though hard, were a reasonable step up from what you were already doing, especially with the Absent Silhouettes peppered about to expose you to higher level play.

Re:Mind's story additions actually help the last stretch of the game a lot IMO. I just wish they had just patched the ending instead of framing it as an additional episode. Now you essentially have to play the ending twice to see everything. Hopefully there's a Kingdom Hearts III Complete or something that combines elements of the two endings to make the best version possible for future players.

I'm starting the data fights now but I feel underleveled so I think I'll address that first before I push on. The few new encounters in re:mind were well designed so I'm actually looking forward to this

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Re:Mind's story additions actually help the last stretch of the game a lot IMO. I just wish they had just patched the ending instead of framing it as an additional episode. Now you essentially have to play the ending twice to see everything. Hopefully there's a Kingdom Hearts III Complete or something that combines elements of the two endings to make the best version possible for future players.

I'm starting the data fights now but I feel underleveled so I think I'll address that first before I push on. The few new encounters in re:mind were well designed so I'm actually looking forward to this

If you're looking for a levelling trick, you can get to Level 99 in about 50 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If you're looking for a levelling trick, you can get to Level 99 in about 50 minutes.

So would I have to do this trick and then play remind again to use my level 99 sora in limit cut?

Just now, Wraith said:

So would I have to do this trick and then play remind again to use my level 99 sora in limit cut?

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I've heard on Reddit you can press Square on a reMind save to swap it into the main game again, and vice versa.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I've heard on Reddit you can press Square on a reMind save to swap it into the main game again, and vice versa.

this works, thanks!

I would have put the game down for good if I couldn't do this, lol. Time to grind.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

this works, thanks!

I would have put the game down for good if I couldn't do this, lol. Time to grind.

It also goes without saying, but I cannot recommend Ultima enough for the Data bosses. It's easily the best keyblade due to it's form allowing for faster blocks.

Also, King's Flare is surprisingly effective as well. Not only does it give you the exact same heal a Curaga would've done for the same cost of all your MP, but it will easily allow you to skip through Desperation Attacks. It carried me through Saix's fight.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

It also goes without saying, but I cannot recommend Ultima enough for the Data bosses. It's easily the best keyblade due to it's form allowing for faster blocks.

Also, King's Flare is surprisingly effective as well. Not only does it give you the exact same heal a Curaga would've done for the same cost of all your MP, but it will easily allow you to skip through Desperation Attacks. It carried me through Saix's fight.

I also recommend loading up on defense and MP hastes. Defense so you can survive some nasty combos without relying on second chance, and mp haste/hastega to get mp back much faster.

I honestly can't think of a single boss I've enjoyed so far. Larxene's probably the closest, even if it made me use King's Flare to get through the desperation attack.

Xigbar seem really shit. It's KH2's battle, only he doesn't stop to reload at all.

The game bugged out on me and I achieved ULTRA INSTINCT!!! Like nothing Yozora could do would hurt me and I'd have like 0 health but keep fighting. It was amazing. Eventually his item suck managed to reactivate my hitbox but for the time being it was hilarious. The most amazing bug ever.

I have some major gripes with data greeting mode.

First, the way they incorporated Destiny Islands into it is just stupid. It’s split into two areas; the beach, where you’re stuck on the shore and are completely blocked off from going anywhere else; and the paupo tree area which, again, you’re trapped in, without so much as being able to cross the bridge. Not only is it pointless to seperate these two spots that are right next to each other, but it’s ridiculous that you can’t explore the entire map in any way.

Furthermore, certain areas limit you to certain characters and forms, some of which are ridiculously inconsistent; the game has no problem with the idea of Kairi interacting with action figure Sora in Toy Box, but having her appear next to monster Sora in Monstropolis is a step too far, apparently!

The Disney worlds you can pick are limited to really boring areas, like the final boss area in Toy Box, the bottom of the door vault in Monstropolis, and the forest in Corona. I’d much rather take pictures in Andy’s room, the scare floor, or the Corona town area!

But the biggest sin of all? Aside from Mickey, Donald and Goofy, you can’t use ANY Disney characters. Anywhere. In any world. I just... why?!

Yozora can be easily beaten if you use Ariel and elixirs. Just spam that summon like there's no tomorrow:

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, pppp said:

Yozora can be easily beaten if you use Ariel and elixirs. Just spam that summon like there's no tomorrow:

Took a break from the data bosses to try beat CoM on Proud, but I'll definitely going back to give this a try. Yozora's been discouraging me a lot from finishing this up, and I'm getting burnt out with the superbosses, so I really just want the ending and trophy at this rate.