Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

In terms of Data Greeting my only gripe is that the camera and setting characters aren't as free as I'd like them to be. The camera is still stuck to Sora so doing stuff like setting a character on a high area is a hassle.

In terms of data battles, I've beaten Xemnas, Young Xehanort, Ansem (on my first try somehow), Luxord, Saïx and Terra-Xehanort. I almost beat Marluxia a second ago but I didn't know what to do with his second Doom Counter, ehehe.

IT'S OVER FINALLY OVER!!!! FUCK YOU YOZORA AHAHAHAHAHA!!!! FUCK THIS BOSS!!!!!! It's the wrong kind of hard. The the bullshit cheap feeling hard. Lingering Will is more of the fun kind of hard. This was just bullshit. You're openings are so tiny and you are punished even when you do good. 

I'll put up the clips and the Ultra Instinct Sora glitch if anyone wants to see it.

So I was fighting Yozora and after hitting retry, he started out with his Desperation Attack (or whatever you wanna call the disco ball part)? I dunno what happened there.

I like the data bosses. Beat Marluxia, Y Xehanort, Luxord and Larxene. There's something oddly satisfying about slowly improving and learning their attacks as you slowly whittle down their health. I mean screw Marulxia though because that final attack BLOWS. But I'm enjoying them. Might do Terra Xehanort next 

I beat Yozora!! Finally!!

Yesterday I said he was impossible, but then later that day he seemed less impossible. Today I fought him again and, after a few hours I think, I finally beat him. Just barely, too!

I never want to fight a secret boss for as long as I live

• Thumbs Up 1

Honest question. How would you have reacted if ya'll were told that Kingdom Hearts was leading up to finale battle with Zack from Zack & Cody?

Cause that's essentially what we've got.

1 minute ago, Nina Cortex Jovahexeon said:

Honest question. How would you have reacted if ya'll were told that Kingdom Hearts was leading up to finale battle with Zack from Zack & Cody?

Cause that's essentially what we've got.

Frankly, it should've been Mr. Mosby.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Frankly, it should've been Mr. Mosby.

Heh heh.

• Thumbs Up 1

He does a great job though, I gotta say.

I'm kind of a sucker for these kinds of emo/edgy characters, hehe.

Yeah, Yozora isn’t exactly what I’d call fun. I really don’t know how the “new” Kingdom Hearts team still hasn’t figured it out after a decade. It sucks because it’s there with at least half of the data fights (Ansem, Marluxia, Larxene to name a few).

Eh I'm not a huge fan of KH boss design. I don't like bosses essentially having invincibility phases. I'd rather bosses always be damageable but stunning them is harder or something like that. Pretty much why I love Souls boss design, especially when the best of the best are amazing to fight even if they kick my butt. I vastly prefer bosses where you can further dictate your assault depending on your play style rather than be at the mercy of the ai to give you like a split second chance and force you to always play defense.

That’s the thing. Before BbS, bosses rarely if ever had iframes, especially in 2. They’re egregious in the Yozora fight.

• Promotion 1

Everglow defeats Yozora with as many restrictions/handicaps on himself as possible:

" Also no damage, no equipment, no boosts, no items, no food, no Links, no Shotlocks... well, NOTHING. Just our basic, level 1 Sora fighting with his dearly beloved Kingdom Key and all the restrictions from the PRO Codes. All of his stats are visible at the end of the video at minute 13:37. Welp guys, I never thought I could be able to do such a thing when I fought Yozora the first time. But the more I played, the more I understood his behaviors and so I was like "Well, why not trying?". I really, really wanted to pull this off. You know, being able to defeat the actual Kingdom Hearts 3 secret boss with the maximum restrictions the game can offer? I kind of felt like "I had to do this". "

• Promotion 1

• 3 weeks later...

1.5 + 2.5, and 2.8 just released on the Xbox Store. Weirdly enough, it seems to be a digital only release, as I can’t find a physical version around anywhere.

The pricing is an absolute joke though, like absolute middle finger to Xbox Players. 1.5 + 2.5 is £40, while 2.8 is a ridiculous £50. What the actual hell?

5 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

1.5 + 2.5, and 2.8 just released on the Xbox Store. Weirdly enough, it seems to be a digital only release, as I can’t find a physical version around anywhere.

The pricing is an absolute joke though, like absolute middle finger to Xbox Players. 1.5 + 2.5 is £40, while 2.8 is a ridiculous £50. What the actual hell?

I'm really confused. Weren't these all collected into two packages and then re-collected into "The story so far" on PS4?

If I had any plans to pick up the older games on X1 this year, this pretty much tanked them. What the fuck were they thinking with this

I'm assuming $50 and $60 were what the PS4 versions launched with years ago.

Key words being years ago. You can get them in a bundle for 20 bucks now, so asking $110 for the One versions now is fucking laughable.

Just now, Sean said:

Key words being years ago. You can get them in a bundle for 20 bucks now, so asking $110 for the One versions now is fucking laughable.

Yep. Although I'm fairly sure 2.8 was cheaper, even at PS4 launch.

13 hours ago, Sean said:

And digital versions at that. Sheesh.

I’m surprised that nobody has been commenting on the fact that Sora’s in-game model in Shibuya is different from his regular one.

I always thought something was off when I watched the cutscenes from that fight, and this confirms it.

60 dollars for 2.8? Wow, fuck that. I got 1.5+2.5 though, because that’s 2 great games, one good game, and one OK game. Seems like a good conversion so far, it obviously runs at 4K60 on One X, at least for 1FM and 2FM as far as I know. I don’t remember if they bothered to convert BBS and Re:CoM to 60 fps to begin with.

You know it’s kinda hilarious how despite being over a year old the updated title of this thread, that’s still essentially where we’re at in the UX story still...

Also Dark Road looks bleh. Like wasn’t even expecting a 3D game (though when Capcom can make a 3D devil may cry game on mobile phones, and they’ve had way more financial struggles than Square, it makes me laugh) but the marketing seriously hyped as something massively different from UX, and it essentially is to UX what Re:Mind is to 3.