Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Just now, Sean said:

I hope it's canon

It is. It actually is lol. It’s post re: mind and deals with things that were revealed in that  

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I hope it's canon

We already know it's canon - it connects to Kairi post KH3, and will focus on her.

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Oh also guess this kills the K & S theory 

I don't think so, if it's focusing on Kairi. The Sora in the gameplay might be Data Sora? I'm just guessing here, the K and S in Coded/Re:Coded were both slightly longer, since you were Data Sora instead of normal Sora.

25 minutes ago, Sean said:

I hope it's canon

Wish granted even before it was made.

32 minutes ago, KHCast said:

English subbed trailer btw

@Radiant Hero Ike but if it’s data Sora again, how come the K and S in the logo are super long instead of Coded length?

I dunno! Maybe because it really is a Kairi game? It did say there are multiple playable characters in it, so Data Sora may not be the "main" character in the gameplay, just the default.

I'm just guessin' here, of course. I think it would be weird to purposely make the K and S longer in every title that didn't star Sora only to stop now, though.

Some new images of the game 

Ea4alGrWAAEWRD3?format=jpg&name=900x900Ea4alGlWsAEltsu?format=jpg&name=900x900Ea4alGmXsAEzOxP?format=jpg&name=900x900Ea4alm7XQAAO9mx?format=jpg&name=900x900Ea4alndWAAATcEV?format=jpg&name=900x900

I am really tired of KH1 Sora and KH1 locales. (Outside the keyblade graveyard) It’s gonna be so jarring to be going back and forth between the very first games visuals and 3’s visuals with the cutscenes. At the very least, they could show off some of the KH2 or 3D worlds (speaking of 3D, can we get some of TWEWY remixes in this Square?) 

Also alternate forms of Sora and friends are I guess disconfirmed. This just screams lazy with stuff like that. (Especially if we end up going to KH3 worlds and they're just fmv’s with KH1 soda hovering over them)  Like, you couldn’t use KH2 Sora? Or multiple Sora’s from throughout the games for like costumes you could earn? I mean I guess that’s still a possibility, for a game like this, I’d hope there’s some sort of incentive to replay these levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Reddit, Dark Road is confirmed to be dropping globally on the 22nd. 

English version of the trailer, includes the sub for Melody of Memory's new scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

On 6/14/2020 at 11:54 PM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Interesting thing to note, whenever the K in Kingdom and the S in Hearts have long... tails, I guess, Sora isn't the main protagonist.

What could this mean... 👀

What a strange indicator and conclusion combo.

Guess I'll have to take your word for it.

On 6/16/2020 at 6:23 AM, KHCast said:

This is Eraqus’s and Xehanort’s master. EaoCd6dUwAARyWg?format=jpg&name=900x900Master Odin....yeah the fanfare to this isn’t as big for obvious reasons. I always imagined it would be a big hype moment to see their teacher, but nope...I mean I appreciate the FF summon callback at least. But his first appearance really should have been in a proper Kingdom Hearts title.

I didn't know Eraqus and Xehanort went to Hogwarts.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, Folded King CC14 said:

Melody of Memory is a rhythm game, releasing for all three console platforms (including the Switch) this year:

This being a Kingdom Hearts game, it'll still have further plot.

Because if there's one thing this series was missing, it's a rhythm game.

Lol on Roxas' theme, 0/10 there

On 6/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

You've got to be kidding me...

Right, so let's begin.

• Rhythm games aren't exactly the strong suit of this series, given both KH2's atrociously bad music sections, and Ice Cream Beat from BBS
  • Why are we still using the fucking PS2 era models? These consoles are more than capable of handling KH3's models. Switch might need some downgrading, but still.
  • Are we seriously doing Kingdom Hearts 1 again? For the FOURTH time??
  • So to be clear - we can't get Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on the Switch, but what we can get is Square showing us the Switch can easily handle both games by using the same models, and worlds?

Oh lord, I don't think I've been this disappointed in a Kingdom Hearts title in a long, long time.

Somebody at Square Enix really loves KH1 Sora's model. Not KH1 Sora, the model specifically.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Indeed, and on top of that, to add a extra touch of salt - this is seemingly the Kairi game people have longed for - the framing device seems to be this is where they're trying to search Kairi's memories for any trace of Sora after KH3.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

140 songs! Awesome.

Anyway I'm pretty sure the ending thing was just a teaser thing for an upcoming Kairi game. This rhythm game focuses on Data Sora, I believe.

Oh, fucking waht?!

On 6/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Also, we're in phase 2 of Kingdom Hearts now, apparently.

The side there also says "3 new stories, 6 new playable characters. We have two more games to be announced after Melody of Memory. Not sure what the arrows and mostly empty boxes are for though.

Pretty sure if this is coming to Switch then the collections will too.

EDIT: Translated info from the official site.

Well KH3 was the end of the Xehanort Saga, so I suppose that makes sense.

On 6/16/2020 at 5:29 PM, KHCast said:

This is hilariously tone deaf on square Enix’s side. And the fact they have the Gaul to call this “phase 2” like it’s some hype MCU shit is even more hilarious. Also hilarious how this canonically is after KH3, but it’s the first game for Switch owners. Like...lol

also of course the Master of Masters is here. MoM/Melody of Memory, yknow

So that is Xigbar there. Hmph.

• 3 weeks later...

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is getting a Kingdom Hearts Dark Road collab! Young Xehanort, Sora, Riku and Kairi all appear to be units!

• 4 weeks later...

Melody of Memory drops Nov. 13, as was leaked a few days ago. Up to 8 player online multiplayer for switch players. Multiple playable characters. Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds are present.  gotta day, I’m hella looking forward to this ngl

On 6/17/2020 at 12:40 AM, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Maybe because it really is a Kairi game?

Any doubts of that went out the window in today's direct! XD

I really want to be excited, but releasing what Nomura confirmed to be a budget title at full price is ridiculous.

Between the blatant and lazy reuse of the PS2 era models, despite high quality ones being available thanks to KH3, but on top of that, from what the subreddit is claiming, apparently the game is using the original OSTs (as in the PS2 era ones) as opposed to the remastered ones from the HD Collections, meaning we’re also getting the crappier original version of He’s a Pirate, among other things. 

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

but on top of that, from what the subreddit is claiming, apparently the game is using the original OSTs (as in the PS2 era ones) as opposed to the remastered ones from the HD Collections, meaning we’re also getting the crappier original version of He’s a Pirate, among other things. 

Wait for real? That I didn’t know about. That if true definitely takes the wind out a lot. The 60 dollar price was already a joke, this ain’t helping 

Just now, KHCast said:

Wait for real? That I didn’t know about. That if true definitely takes the wind out a lot. The 60 dollar price was already a joke, this ain’t helping 

That’s what’s been said around the Subreddit at least.

Well, some good news, we've got the absolutely beautiful version of Dearly Beloved for this game

• Thumbs Up 1

I will say, one thing I kinda am liking about this game is how it gives us a new look at some of these worlds. Like seeing a more extended look at Traverse Town or The Mansion in Twilight Town is kinda neat. 

Also I’m considering actually digitally m pre ordering it despite my gripes with it, mainly for the dynamic theme if it ends up playing that dearly beloved rendition.  If not that, I’ll probably still get it physical on PS4 first, and then, hopefully, on switch once it goes on a decent sale. (Or just pick it up used)

So do Square just not know how to design a game around a character like Kairi or what?

On 8/26/2020 at 1:43 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, some good news, we've got the absolutely beautiful version of Dearly Beloved for this game

Okay, I do like that

• 2 weeks later...

Famitsu interview came out for Melody of Memories that has some new details

y_5f4f40a282066.jpg

y_5f4f43acd11d9.jpg

y_5f4f43acd4007.jpg

y_5f4f43aca2e90.jpg

A full translation is still being worked on, but some details from this twitter thread along with KH13:

-the idea started way back when they wanted to make Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts. But when KH is involved, there are a lot of obstacles you have to overcome.
-even though this isn't technically Theatrhythm game, the concept of the "game that the series' fans can enjoy" is the same. Based on this, we wanted to make completely new rhythm action game.
-The base system and rhythm action level design is done by the same team, so Theatrhythm fans will feel right at home.

-Nomura wanted to incorporate 3D graphics for KH version of Theatrhythm, and the 15th anniversary site gave him the inspiration 
-Nomura says MoM was suppose to release earlier, but was delayed due to the COVID situation.
-MoM development time was around 2.5 years.

-Nomura says MoM's story isn't as big as typical KH game, but it has some great things

-There are three gameplay styles covered next with them being 'Normal Style' which is the mos basic play style using several buttons, a 'One Button Style' which allows players to complete rhythm sections with just one button. This mode was also revealed to be in the game by Nomura himself during a statement release regarding this title. The last gameplay style is the 'Performer Style' which is the hard mode of Melody of Memory. Inputs are more challenging and complex, requiring more skillful timing from the player. 
-A list of playable songs is also shown with the Kingdom Hearts Orchestra ~ World Tour~ being listed 
-There are no plans for post-release DLC for MoM. They want you to enjoy everything when you buy the package.

Nomura: Kingdom Hearts will have it's 20th anniversary in 2022. So...... I will work hard toward that anniversary.
 My mind has already switched to the next work. 
The "Kingdom Hearts" team is already making the next game. Whatever we announce from now, I am sure everything will be surprising and amazing. So please look forward to it.

A note about Kingdom Hearts's future on the switch:

Nomura says Square Enix considered ports of Kingdom Hearts games on Switch but it proved to be “technologically difficult”. However, Nomura states that “it’s possible another game of his could come” to Switch. 

IllfatedChillyAmericanwirehair-max-1mb.g

Uh-huh. Sure. Witcher 3 can somehow miraculously run fine on Switch, but these PS2 games from 15 years ago? Certainly not.

"Fine" is a stretch considering how thoroughly The Witcher 3's Switch version was butchered to get it to work. It might have been possible for them to get the games running on the switch, but if it wasn't up to their usual standards I could see them passing on releasing it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

"Fine" is a stretch considering how thoroughly The Witcher 3's Switch version was butchered to get it to work. It might have been possible for them to get the games running on the switch, but if it wasn't up to their usual standards I could see them passing on releasing it. 

The general consensus is that the game runs fine on Switch. 

Aa for the sales: 

pretty good too seeing as how it's been selling.

And no way are Square and Nomura going to suggest that flipping PS2 games are too hard to port without rightfully being called bullshit on that.

Ignoring the fact that probably even Kingdom Hearts 3 could potentially run on a Switch, it's baffling that Square are passing on easy money with ports of the rest of the series which definitely are not too powerful for the Switch.

Granted, it's not the first dumb thing they've done this year. 

• Thumbs Up 1