Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

58 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’m gonna get A LOT of hate for this, but fuck it, someone had to say it 

Well, it's... err... yeah. They nailed it. 

As I said in the other thread I actually even prefer this model to even the original KH1 model's from the original titles, or at least it's given me a greater appreciation in retrospect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Son-icka said:

Well, it's... err... yeah. They nailed it. 

As I said in the other thread I actually even prefer this model to even the original KH1 model's from the original titles, or at least it's given me a greater appreciation in retrospect. 

Yeah. I really wish they had stuck with the version from the KH3 teaser trailer back in 2013. It’s soooo much better looking. Shame they had to toss that entire engine away 

78245979-CE4C-4175-86B5-64E9256A8D57.webp

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I’m gonna get A LOT of hate for this, but fuck it, someone had to say it 

Why would you get hate for something that even some of the most diehard KH fans have admitted to be true, lol.

It's no secret that Smash has done several things better than the recent Kingdom Hearts games.

• Thumbs Up 1

True. Tho guess it might also be due to not being on a dedicated KH discord/forum. I’ve definitely seen people on those get vocal about how people that dislike the KH3 model of KH1 Sora are “nitpickers looking for things to complain about”

Like, yeah it’s a ultimately brief time we spend seeing this design (The KH3 cgi opening and dive to the heart), but like, it’s still fucking ugly as sin with that short ass hair. I don’t get how they thought that was a good look when designing it, especially when they had the original KH1 Sora artwork as the hud. 

• 2 months later...

h8melk43lfs71.png

Guess the new world that they would've been traveling to, would've been the afterlife.

• Chuckle 1

15 hours ago, Guergy said:

Kingdom Hearts is a JRPG with Disney characters. Without Disney, Kingdom Hearts would be just another JRPG.

Despite what Nomura is apparently aiming for these days.

Hell, KH3 got enough backlash for shooing out the Final Fantasy characters initially. And no, Re: Mind didn't really make it much better, given you have to pay for stuff that should've been int he game to begin with.

If the KH game with Quadratum ends up being a square enix reps focused KH game, they’ll probably keep around Mickey and the main Disney cast I assume, especially given mickeys current mission 

I just realized, doesn’t Xigbar seeing Xion as Ven instead of Sora kinda confirm Sora ISNT the Master of Masters? Luxu clearly had a much stronger bond with the MoM than Xigbar had with Ventus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are demos available on switch currently for KH1.5+2.5 and 2.8. All the KH games drop next month. I’m trying out the games rn, and will get back to you on how they feel

edit: trying 2.8. It’s not good 

Update: oh my god, these are not good ports. I mean it was kinda expected given its cloud versions, but…yeah, stuttering, muddy/blurry looking, non-consistent 30 FPS, bugs (I wasn’t able to move for 3 seconds after a cutscene transition in KH3), etc. it’s a mess, and the fact these are timed demos, really makes it feel like square Enix knew these weren’t good as well (cause, yknow, KH3 had demos on PS4 and Xbox and those weren’t timed/limited)

and I haven’t even tried these undocked. Lord have mercy on my soul. 

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

There are demos available on switch currently for KH1.5+2.5 and 2.8. All the KH games drop next month. I’m trying out the games rn, and will get back to you on how they feel

edit: trying 2.8. It’s not good 

Update: oh my god, these are not good ports. I mean it was kinda expected given its cloud versions, but…yeah, stuttering, muddy/blurry looking, non-consistent 30 FPS, bugs (I wasn’t able to move for 3 seconds after a cutscene transition in KH3), etc. it’s a mess, and the fact these are timed demos, really makes it feel like square Enix knew these weren’t good as well (cause, yknow, KH3 had demos on PS4 and Xbox and those weren’t timed/limited)

and I haven’t even tried these undocked. Lord have mercy on my soul. 

Geez, Square was even lazier than I initially thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’ve been told all cloud games have limited time demos, but still, I find this a joke of a “demo”. Anyway, don’t buy these, there are cheaper better ways to access this shit. Like this is just such a shame. The primary reason people wanted these games on switch was the whole portability appeal, and that’s shot in the goddamn foot because of the always online bs, since you can only play it with consistent stable WiFi. I could understand 0.2 and 3 to a degree needing cloud versions (less so 0.2) but everything else? Nah, we got FFX/X-2 physical switch ports that were iirc pretty decent. Shouldn’t have been a issue here for 1.5 and most of 2.8. Hopefully we get physical ports down the line, cause these games deserved way better 

• The title was changed to The Kingdom Hearts Series: Anniversary event announced for April 10th @Tokyo

The Switch version of KH3 will be getting an exclusive keyblade.

Yeah I saw it when I was playing. Well at least on that front, all the versions get something, so no one version gets left behind content wise. Advent Red and has a nice aesthetic as it’s vibrant colors really do a good job at reflecting the base default switch colors.

Still like Midnight Blue the most tho personally. 

It's depressing just how terrible the Cloud versions are. Despite my internet being far more than above par for streaming a game like this, KH2 ran like utter dog shit, especially when I got up to the fight with the Photo Thief.

Square should genuinely be ashamed.

Hm, the drop isn't as insane as the original but it's a good remix nonetheless imo.

Let's be honest. They could've gotten all Kingdom Hearts running perfectly fine on ports for the Switch. KH3 might've needed some downgrading, but it was all perfectly plausible.

These cloud versions were made out of sheer cheapness and laziness; nothing more.

Definitely get that vibe they were done on the quick and cheap considering how for years people were asking, and square multiple times stated they had absolutely no plans to do any switch ports 

Even more insulting is how Melody of fucking Memory is the only physical KH game on switch and it runs at 60 fps

I honestly wasn't even aware KHIII was part of the Cloud package until today.

This is just embarrassing, holy shit really put my foot in my mouth loool

I get reworking KHIII Dragon Quest XI style would've been a huge undertaking (iirc DQXIS only began development after the PS4/3DS versions released and had to be remade from the ground up on a newer Unreal engine) so I almost give Square a pass on not porting KHIII though they should have just not bothered at all. It's pretty shit that PS3-era remasters of the PS2 games are tied to this as well. Looking forward to Square blaming Switch owners for not buying the shittiest possible versions of these games like they blamed people who bought NEO The World Ends With You for not buying enough copies for a game they refused to advertise.

EDIT: video was fake. Disregard it

5 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I honestly wasn't even aware KHIII was part of the Cloud package until today.

This is just embarrassing, holy shit

I get reworking KHIII Dragon Quest XI style would've been a huge undertaking (iirc DQXIS only began development after the PS4/3DS versions released and had to be remade from the ground up on a newer Unreal engine) so I almost give Square a pass on not porting KHIII though they should have just not bothered at all. It's pretty shit that PS3-era remasters of the PS2 games are tied to this as well. Looking forward to Square blaming Switch owners for not buying the shittiest possible versions of these games like they blamed people who bought NEO The World Ends With You for not buying enough copies for a game they refused to advertise.

To clarify, the video is faked, the demos are timed at 15 minutes a piece.

That said, from my experience with KH2, let alone KH3, the video quality and lag are on point. Even more pathetically, pretty sure it's not even 60fps, despite literally just being video streaming.

• Thumbs Up 1