Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Remind me, what's BBSV2?

Birth by Sleep Volume 2.

I believe it was suppose to continue the story of Birth by Sleep or be a kind of aftermath. It got scrapped though iirc.

So can someone offer advice for a boss I'm stuck on in KH 2?

I just got to The World That Never Was and I just can't beat Roxas. I get caught up in his combos too easily and die before I have a chance to heal. Is there any strategy to beating him or is level grinding my best bet? 

Hidden Content

I can't remember exactly how you defeat him. What level are you at in game?

One specific tip I can give you is to make sure to get his reaction commands correctly. Doing them gives Sora his keyblades, allowing you to do a massive combo on a defenceless Roxas. Also be sure to bring in healing items or elixars for cures.

Hidden Content

There's no real easy way to beat him. It all comes down to reaction time. Limit Form and the reaction commands make it easier, but it's mostly a skill based battle. Grinding might help your damage output a bit but there's no real way past him aside from reacting well to his attacks. Block, dodge, and strike back after he misses. Don't keep him locked in combos for too long or else he'll break free and combo you back. 

and after you do beat him

Be sure to equip the Two Become One keyblade as it's more or less needed to unlock Final Form. It mentions a special effect in the item selection screen. The special effect is you'll either get transformed into Anti Form or Final Form. While Anti Form can be annoying to turn into, it's worth it to get Final Form

Reflect also helps a ton in that battle near the end.

easiest way to get final form: go to Olympus coliseum, select the goddess of fate cup(or whichever one allows drive forms) and activate any form. If it doesn't work the first time, quit the tournament and restart. Quitting will reload your drive gauge so don't worry about that.

Hidden Content

Spam reflect and block and make sure you get the reaction command right. It does major damage.

also, any tips anyone on how to get the Ultima Weapon in KH1? I thought it was going to be easy since I created it in KH2 with no problem but since this is Final Mix I went to Second District to get the Power materials that I needed and...

my body was not ready for what happened in Second District.

Stopga and graviga. You need stopga to freeze all those heartless at once and graviga to do tons of damage to them at once. After a few hits, get far away from them, so when they unfreeze, they don't see you and continue going on patrol. Rinse and repeat. And when you defeat the first wave, get away really quick and just do the above.

So I'm trying to think of some out of the box ideas for worlds. I have some dont's and do's.

Dont: Freaky Friday, Chicken Little, Underdog,Lone Ranger, John Carter, Bedtime stories. Obviously these probably wouldn't get picked due to reception or them being just too weird to work.

now for some interesting ones I thought of that probably aren't likely still, but I would be interested to see used.

-The Haunted Mansion: I think it could be a cool replacement to Halloween Town, and it was interesting enough imo that if handled right, could be a fun world.

-Meet the Robibsons: with the time travel gimmick KH3 has, this honestly would be a nice choice. And visually, the world of MtR is beautiful!

- National Treausre: eh, the thought of Sora stealing the Declaration of Independence is justification enough lol. Would be interesting to see how it would be handled. 

-Race to Witch Mountain: I've only watched it once and that was when it came out, but I think it wouldn't be a horrible choice.

- Oz: the great and powerful: it's whimsical enough and the world itself is just so alive. Would not mind seeing this used.

im seeing Ghibli show up in the list of Disney movies, so if Disney owns them now, I mean you're damn right I'd love Spirited Away to be used haha. If not that  a totoro summon at least please.

So I'm trying to think of some out of the box ideas for worlds. I have some dont's and do's.

Dont: Freaky Friday, Chicken Little, Underdog,Lone Ranger, John Carter, Bedtime stories. Obviously these probably wouldn't get picked due to reception or them being just too weird to work.

now for some interesting ones I thought of that probably aren't likely still, but I would be interested to see used.

-The Haunted Mansion: I think it could be a cool replacement to Halloween Town, and it was interesting enough imo that if handled right, could be a fun world.

-Meet the Robibsons: with the time travel gimmick KH3 has, this honestly would be a nice choice. And visually, the world of MtR is beautiful!

- National Treausre: eh, the thought of Sora stealing the Declaration of Independence is justification enough lol. Would be interesting to see how it would be handled. 

-Race to Witch Mountain: I've only watched it once and that was when it came out, but I think it wouldn't be a horrible choice.

- Oz: the great and powerful: it's whimsical enough and the world itself is just so alive. Would not mind seeing this used.

im seeing Ghibli show up in the list of Disney movies, so if Disney owns them now, I mean you're damn right I'd love Spirited Away to be used haha. If not that  a totoro summon at least please.

Not gonna lie Sora stealing the Declaration of Independence is hilarious.

Chicken Little is a possibility since he was a summon, but I think the movie wasn't successful enough to make it.

If Freaky Friday is in it I'll stab somebody. Like all the fucks no. (How do you link a picture because I was gonna link one)

I don't think any Ghibli movies would show up because Nomura would probably have to go to the studio itself and ask. It's the same thing with Marvel/LucasArts. Plus, I don't really see the movies fitting (the again Nomura always finds a way.)

In terms of live action movies... I'm more meh and rather not have those movies in it although I think Port Royal and The Grid was well carried out in the game. The Haunted Mansion could work since it could take place before and just not have Eddie Murphy in it. They could have the movie like it was in Epic Mickey.

In speaking of Epic Mickey, what are your guys opinions on having Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in the game? I would absolutely love it. I love Oswald. He could be Mickey's rival or there could be a Wasteland world.

In speaking of Epic Mickey, what are your guys opinions on having Oswald the Lucky Rabbit in the game? I would absolutely love it. I love Oswald. He could be Mickey's rival or there could be a Wasteland world.

I would LOVE Oswald in Kingdom Hearts, but I'm not really holding my breath to be honest... Epic Mickey kinda bombed, with the first getting pretty mixed reviews and the second being really panned (The latter I can agree with.) so I'm not sure the Wasteland will be in Kingdom Hearts. TBH, I'd rather it remain it's own thing.

Plus I feel like it would be too soon to introduce Oswald as the lost king or keyblade user before Mickey... Then again, judging from the last Kingdom Hearts game, the developers don't seem to mind throwing in new plot points. It would be interesting, I'd imagine him being the Riku to Mickey's Sora.... But again, I'm not to sure if he'd play a big role in it.

At most, I'd kinda expect to see him if the Timeless River or some variation of that world returns, playing a silent role similar to Mickey in that level.

Oswald would likely be a resident of Disney Castle or a summon if you ask me. If he was gonna play a larger role, like a Keyblade wielder, they'd probably wait until after KH3.

as for Ghibli, I don't know, it might be easier to get them over marvel/SW. Isn't that studio closing down? 

I think Witch Mountain and Oz are wacky and surreal enough to probably work. I really don't see why live action seem to be a taboo.

Edited by Michael Munroe

oh I've thought about the idea of wasteland being a thing in the kingdom hearts series and maybe posted a fanfic story about it on deviantart once http://kirby1up.deviantart.com/journal/kingdom-hearts-wasteland-story-idea-468836870

would have had the archie sonic universe and g1 transformers involved in it and this whole everything that is dated or no longer showing/being printed gets sent into pocket dimensions in the wasteland world and anything current would be in the normal dimensions were sora and gang still are but that's beside the point.

I can see Oswald showing up in the kingdom hearts series and maybe some of the other characters from epic mickey but something tells me since epic mickey 2 and power of illusions flopped badly they aren't going to connect those into the kingdom hearts cannon

chances are unless they sneak a secret ending to KH3 I don't think Oswald would show up until the next story arc.that said I would get hyped if he gets confirmed for the KH series but until then its just a reminder of a fanfic I made up once and can't get out of my head -_-

I would LOVE Oswald in Kingdom Hearts, but I'm not really holding my breath to be honest... Epic Mickey kinda bombed, with the first getting pretty mixed reviews and the second being really panned (The latter I can agree with.) so I'm not sure the Wasteland will be in Kingdom Hearts. TBH, I'd rather it remain it's own thing.

Plus I feel like it would be too soon to introduce Oswald as the lost king or keyblade user before Mickey... Then again, judging from the last Kingdom Hearts game, the developers don't seem to mind throwing in new plot points. It would be interesting, I'd imagine him being the Riku to Mickey's Sora.... But again, I'm not to sure if he'd play a big role in it.

At most, I'd kinda expect to see him if the Timeless River or some variation of that world returns, playing a silent role similar to Mickey in that level.

Oswald would likely be a resident of Disney Castle or a summon if you ask me. If he was gonna play a larger role, like a Keyblade wielder, they'd probably wait until after KH3.

as for Ghibli, I don't know, it might be easier to get them over marvel/SW. Isn't that studio closing down? 

I think Witch Mountain and Oz are wacky and surreal enough to probably work. I really don't see why live action seem to be a taboo.

I don't think Oswald should be a Timeless River character since he wasn't in the old cartoons, or a regular Disney citizen since he's more important than that. Considering Epic Mickey did flop it's probably not a good idea for a Wasteland world to be in KH. But I can see I working though. At the very least a Oswald summon would be batshit awesome.

heres my idea on how it could go:

Wasteland World- Have Yen Sid summon Sora and everyone because there's problems going on in his tower/Wasteland. It'll basically go down similar to Timeless River and Sora'll have to save Wasteland and the forgotten toons.

Oswald on his own- yeah, he shouldn't be a Keyblade weilder now but he could still be introduced. He could be a traveler traveling to other worlds helpin out with the Heartless or trying to find Mickey to challenge him/take him out. Or he could be trying to hunt down the Phantom Blot. He could get his own Keyblade in the next Saga or he could not have one at all. I really like the idea of him being a sort of shadow of Mickey and  possibly having a slightly evil role in the game. Maybe Oswald could have been training with Mickey at one point but was banished/kicked out by Yen Sid for evil doings/irresponsible uses of the Keyblade so now Oswald is jealous of Mickey.

Edited by Aqua7KH

The only reason I see him being in the Timeless River, is because it seems like Disney wants to emphasize the whole "Old Timey" traits of his character. Yeah, he didnt' appear in the old shorts, but considering TImeless River is pretty much built upon old black and white cartoons, and Oswald seems to be being associated with Walt Disney's older works I don't see why it wouldn't be a fit for him.

Not that I'm against him having a potentially bigger role, mind you.  

Summon is also a possibility that didn't cross my mind. I don't really use summons in Kingdom Hearts, so I'd be a little disappointed if that were the case. 

But in any case, if a Wasteland level were to be added, I'd love to see not only forgotten disney characters, but some obscure square enix/Final Fantasy ones or scrapped Kingdom Hearts concepts as well... Very unlikely though, but an interesting thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, I  never got the hate summons get. They were pretty useful in KH1 and in CoM. KH2 is the only game where I found them "useless", unless you were on harder difficulties. And given what we've seen from KH3, summons I can see being much more useful and involved. Not essential mind you, but a good method if you want to use them.

I've already mentioned why Ghibli movies won't work in KH:  It's because Miyazaki does not want videogames based on his works.  It may have been lost in the server wipe though.  But just in case, the text I copied from HG101 on the matter:

Since Ghibli Studio's involvement with Level 5 for the Ni no Kuni games, there have been several interviews making reference to Hayao Miyazaki being displeased with the Nausicaä games, but only in vague terms. The general view is that Nausicaä was the first such film-to-game adaptation, the film of course being made before Ghibli Studio officially existed. Miyazaki-san saw the results and promptly developed a hatred for all video games. Magazines like GamesTM and websites such as 1UP, among many others, have alluded to these otherwise seldom documented Nausicaä titles in their coverage. Generally one or two titles are referenced, and the usual description is of them being shmups where the goal is to gun down and kill Ohmu - which obviously goes against the spirit of the Nausicaä manga and films.

Kinda stinks. Video games can keep the spirit of existing franchises, and create their own enriching stories that can do just as well as a film. Sucks he doesn't wanna see it that way, as his work would be amazing to see in a series like Kingdom Hearts.

• Thumbs Up 1

The only reason I see him being in the Timeless River, is because it seems like Disney wants to emphasize the whole "Old Timey" traits of his character. Yeah, he didnt' appear in the old shorts, but considering TImeless River is pretty much built upon old black and white cartoons, and Oswald seems to be being associated with Walt Disney's older works I don't see why it wouldn't be a fit for him.

Not that I'm against him having a potentially bigger role, mind you.  

Summon is also a possibility that didn't cross my mind. I don't really use summons in Kingdom Hearts, so I'd be a little disappointed if that were the case. 

But in any case, if a Wasteland level were to be added, I'd love to see not only forgotten disney characters, but some obscure square enix/Final Fantasy ones or scrapped Kingdom Hearts concepts as well... Very unlikely though, but an interesting thought.

That is true. Maybe for a costume for a Wasteland world Sora could be dressed as the 'lion' Sora costume that was in the original concept art for him where he had a chainsaw for a keyblade. Maybe Donald or Goofy could be dreased in their regular closed or animatronic costumes.

I could see Oswald appearing in Kingdom Hearts since Disney has been shedding light on him even after the failure Epic Mickey (Note: I don't think the game was bad but it did sadly failed.) So he could appear in Timeless River, but I don't think they would portray him as the "Lost King" like so many fans think he'll be portrayed. Now the question is whether or not he'll be a keyblade wielder. Well we already have a huge amount of keyblade warriors but when it comes down to it, Mickey and Yen Sid are the only Disney keyblade wielders. So maybe he could be one.

I could see Oswald appearing in Kingdom Hearts since Disney has been shedding light on him even after the failure Epic Mickey (Note: I don't think the game was bad but it did sadly failed.) So he could appear in Timeless River, but I don't think they would portray him as the "Lost King" like so many fans think he'll be portrayed. Now the question is whether or not he'll be a keyblade wielder. Well we already have a huge amount of keyblade warriors but when it comes down to it, Mickey and Yen Sid are the only Disney keyblade wielders. So maybe he could be one.

i actually just had an idea for that. Again, I would love it he trained alongside Mickey but was unable to wield a Keyblade. Out of jealousy he forged his own fake Keyblade out of metal and scraps as well as some magic (either made by the Mad Doctor or himself) but the 'Keyblade' is just basically a regular sword shaped like a key. It doesn't do anything a regular Keyblade does other than he is able to summon/desummon it. Considering how dark Oswald could be, this could be a very interesting plot idea especially since Oswald isn't a actual villain. Also since he's Mickey's counterpart basically.

I'm really liking the idea of Oswald being the Riku to Mickey. It works too well given the character we're looking at. A lot of similarities between Oswald and Riku. Oswald and Riku being jealous, being misguided, mischievous, not entirely evil, easily manipulative, etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

called the games just FYI, way before anyone else lol

smh at people thinking it's just BBS.

expext more news at Japan's D23.

Edited by Michael Munroe

:( Come on, announce the first two collections for PS4, so all the games are on the system and I can finish playing them.

2.8 looks pretty cool, though. What's Chi going to be? Cinematics like Re: Coded and 358/2 Days?