Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Yes, you can say you don't like them. Like how other people can say they don't see a problem. When nearly a page of the thread is lost to a back and forth of "I don't like them" vs "I don't think it's a big deal" with neither side really moving forward, I think it's fair for someone to comment on the debate going on to long and being discussed more than necessary, especially when everyone's views on the matter was stated several posts ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care about the names mainly because I'm too intERESTED IN THE TRAILER TO CARE AAAAAAA

I'm actually pretty interested in the Back Cover story now that I've got subtitles to understand what the character is saying.

When nearly a page of the thread is lost to a back and forth of "I don't like them" vs "I don't think it's a big deal" with neither side really moving forward, I think it's fair for someone to comment on the debate going on to long and being discussed more than necessary, especially when everyone's views on the matter was stated several posts ago.

How is that different from 90% of the Sonic topics here though?

also it wasn't even a page. It was a few posts, don't even.

Edited by Michael Munroe

Hm, this KH Unchained thing has me thinking again. What if, at some point in Kingdom Hearts 3, we have to fight Goatius (or whoever is supposed to be the traitor of the Foretellers)?

Well, I haven't played Chi and I only know 0.8% of the story, but maybe Ephemera will be one of the 13 Darknesses. I dunno, just from looking at him I can see it. He's important too. (Again I know nothing about Chi's story due to me waiting for NA release)

So I was thinking. I have an idea for a Lilo & Stitch world in Kingdom Hearts 3

"BUT WAIT RYAN, BBS SHOWED THE FIRST 10 MINUTES OF LILO AND STITCH, IT CAN'T HAPPEN"

Just hear me out.

Now, what if, instead of crash landing to Hawaii like Stitch did in the original, he instead landed in Hollow Bastion, where he spent the time between BBS and KH2. Now, what's the basis? Well first, it doesn't explain how he got from Hawaii to Hollow Bastion, but we do know that Gantu's ship can travel between worlds as it managed to capture Terra while he was travelling through the gateways in BBS.

So hear me out, maybe, in between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3, Stitch is recaptured by Gantu in Hollow Bastion, but he manages to escape once more, crash landing to Hawaii, and going undercover as a dog, in which case the film's events are set up. Due to the recent disturbance Gantu has made throughout the gateways across worlds, this opens a new link between worlds, to Hawaii/Lilo & Stitch's world. 

Now the big reason. Why? What purpose does it serve?

Well, I've been thinking, one of the biggest things that's shown in Kingdom Hearts is friendship, and bonds between friends, but what if, and hear me out here, Kingdom Hearts 3 also focused on family? Keep in mind that Sora's family was shown on Destiny Islands in the original KH, and we know there's plenty of families and villagers and such due to the fact KH2 showed Kairi and Selphie going to school. Now think about it, Sora's going on a whole new adventure, possibly his most dangerous yet after Kingdom Hearts 2, so imagine if it involved his connection with his family being tested due to them not wanting him to leave.

So Lilo & Stitch's world could actually have a great relevance to the story, due to it's entire story of family and no one being left behind. I really think it could be a legitimately fun and emotional world with a message that could really hit home for Sora/Riku/Kairi due to the fact that all three of them are leaving their families in order to fight off the 13 Keyblade Welders of Darkness.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't personally think they'll touch on family all that much(especially since this is Square, and Square ever rarely put family that heavily into their lore.) but I do think a Hawaii world is likely due to the high request level, and setup from BBS and 2. Stitch is basically the Disney icon for Japan anyways. 

already knew this since announcement, but good to have Nomura basically confirm this for us. It IS basically MGS:GZ Kingdom Hearts edition. 

What at I am curious about however is when he says "it's the size of one world in the Kingdom Hearts series" which...isn't really a good indication, as that can be taken many ways. Does he mean Kingdom Hearts 1 world length, does he mean 2 including second visits, is he referring to BBS which are short if you just mean one episode, or 3D which are a bit longer than 1's? And that doesn't explain if he just means the size of the world from a gameplay perspective, or the content/story along with it. 

Also DDD Final Mix(or at least extra content) a maybe?

Last edit: one more vid, explaining a lot of stuff for bothe BBS0.2 and Back Cover

calling it now, the master of the fortellers was transformed into Xehanorts Keyblade by the backstabber

also can I say that I'm a bit annoyed at how X has climbed up the importance latter? What once was a innocent retelling of the Keyblade war, now has pivotal plot elements that are needed to understand 3. I mean...ugh, I'm a big KH fan, but man I just am baffled.

all the 0.2 news has me interested. wonder if the encounter will be a new Xehanort from the 13. Or Xemnas maybe?(he's gone to the RoD a lot if we're going by 2 and Days)

Edited by Michael Munroe

Being fair, I think we all could tell that BBS Vol 2 was a glorified KH3 demo due to the fact the back of Aqua and her hair and such clearly used the same graphical engine as we've seen in KH3's trailers so far. 

As for world length, since it's to be a demo for KH3, I'm expecting it to give us a taste of the worlds in KH3 so I'd say an hour or two.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wonder if they'll be any bonuses or things that will be carried over to KH3 if you play and complete BBS0.2. Like a extra Keyblade, playable Aqua, Sora can travel to the RoD perhaps? Or maybe something standard like munny earned in BBS0.2 will carry over to 3.

Wonder if they'll be any bonuses or things that will be carried over to KH3 if you play and complete BBS0.2. Like a extra Keyblade, playable Aqua, Sora can travel to the RoD perhaps? Or maybe something standard like munny earned in BBS0.2 will carry over to 3.

Frankly I think Aqua is likely to be playable in KH3 anyway.

Maybe you unlock characters in multiplayer, and you'll automatically gain Aqua if you've completed 0.2.

as for story characters, I'm definitely banking on Sora, Riku and Kairi being playable. Though not sure if Mickey will be a party member in story or playable.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm all for Aqua being automatically unlocked in multiplayer. What I really want however, is the option to have multiple outfits for Sora to wear in KH3 in addition to his KH3 outfit. It's fun and perfect for DLC. Maybe playing A Fragmentary Passage will unlock a Aqua costume for Sora LOL

Halloween Town Sora and Tron Sora costumes please. Also pirate sora still needs to be a thing.

aqua costume wouldn't surprise me since Lightning can wear a Cloud one.

Maybe you unlock characters in multiplayer, and you'll automatically gain Aqua if you've completed 0.2.

as for story characters, I'm definitely banking on Sora, Riku and Kairi being playable. Though not sure if Mickey will be a party member in story or playable.

I think he'll be a party member. Playable, probably in multiplayer at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah he'll likely be the party member for Riku. Kairi will either have Lea as a party member, Aqua, or no one.(if she gets no one, I assume she'll be the easiest of the trio, with Riku probably being the hardest.)

Hmm, as for multiplayer, I was wondering who will be playable. Here's my guesses: 

obvious: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Terra, Aqua, Ven and Mickey. Roxas maybe, though unless it's duel wield Roxas, he'll just be a clone.

maybe: Xion(same deal as Roxas unless it's her armor form), Lea, Master Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Vanitas

unlikely but still wanted: Goofy, Donald, KH1 Sora and Riku(Dark Form).

Edited by Michael Munroe

What if maybe on Mount Olympus there's a multiplayer Coliseum mode which is basically like Mirage Arena. You can fight waves of enemies with your friends and you can fight against your friends. Perhaps Final Fantasy characters are playable here too since FF characters participate in the Coliseum. Leon, Cloud, Yuffie and maybe even Auron if that's the case.

I kind of imagine it like FF13-2's coliseum matches. Characters and bosses from the past games, other Disney/Square IP's, other FF characters, could all show up as bosses/DLC bosses. Though maybe mirage arena will return, and the OC will just be singleplayer still with perhaps leaderboards.

If outfits are a think it will be utterly disgraceful if Nomura doesn't release Sora's original Lion concept art as a costume. Like that needs to happen if outfits are a think. The chainsaw keyblade would be amazing too but thats probably not gonna happen.

So...this is pretty awesome news!

I wasn't expecting this at all! This is becoming more interesting to hear about.

oh and 

no surprise here really, though I can understand why they separated it. Wanted to give fans a taste of KH3 while we "patiently" waited, and gives them more money.

im assuming this would have probably have a playable section after Aqua reveals herself and explains to sora and the gang what happened to her. Either that, or it was a part of a secret extra.

this also confirms the possibility of multiple playable characters in the story even more!

and lastly, with this news being dumped on us, I'm stoked for the next trailer even more!

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

New info: 

Mini-interview with Nomura in Dengeki. Unchained talks about the Lost Master, further expanded upon in KH3. The setting of Xehanort's keyblade is discussed in Unchained and is connected to KH3. 7 Lights and 13 Darkness - other than that revealed in KH3D, these will be hidden until the very end of KH3's story. There is a link between 0.2 BbS and KH1-2's stories. Narrator of χBC is Chirithy. KHuχ: Chirithy is the player's guide. Master of Masters is the teacher of the 6 Disciples. The traitor will be revealed in KHuχ.

--About the cover:

Tetsuya Nomura's comments in this issue:
-There is a congratulatory message regarding the overlap of issue #600 and the announcement of KH2.8.
-The king (presumably King Mickey) and the others were drawn beforehand for the sake of expediting the schedule, but now they're being recolored to create a sense of unity.
-They've depicted this on the front cover several times.
-He's going to talk about KH2.8 and KHIII

--KHIII
-The “Lost Master” is talked about even in [KHx], but it will be used in KHIII
-The creation of Xehanort's keyblade will be discussed in [KHx] and will tie into KHIII
-Kingdom Hearts will also be discussed further, more than the series has so far
-D23 (November 3rd) will feature a “theater” concept, so he's hoping we're looking forward to the video!

--KH2.8
-The part of KH3D that explains the 7 lights and 13 darknesses will be carried on through the end of KHIII
-Since “Keyblade Master” is a special title, what's necessary to become one will be taught
-0.2BbS and KH1-2's stories will be linked together
-Chirithy is the one speaking in xBC

--Khux
-Chirithy is the player's guide
-The “Master of Masters” is the teacher of the six apprentices, and it will be revealed in xBC who the traitor is

CQpeFPaU8AAjzhN.png:orig

Some of this info was actually already known. Chirthy being the narrator anyway. 

Most of this info is...interesting I guess. The only bit that interests me is that 0.2 ties into events from both KH1-2, implying we'll be going through different intervals of Aquas time in the RoD.