Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

That's actually good to hear, because one of the most interesting times during that period could actually be what Aqua is doing during the short period Sora and Riku are trapped in the realm of darkness.

as if we didn't need more teases to the idea. I'm already pretty much convinced.

I hate how he says "confirmed." He's obviously clickbaiting. But I listened to it prior. I'm positive there will be multiple playable characters, as I have been for some time. At the least we'll get Sora, Riku, and Kairi. With other characters playable in multiplayer. However, I think its possible all seven "lights" could be playable in some form (along with Donald and Goofy).

To be fair, he doesn't imply confirmed like indefinite. He says it as a question wondering if it confirms their presence. It'd be another story if he said "multiple playable characters confirmed!"

• 3 weeks later...

First, let me say that Birth By Sleep is really fun (as my signature and avatar indicate). I prefer the Command Deck system over the magic system used in the console games, mainly because it results in a variety of different attacks to be used over the course of a playthrough and the difficulty was pretty fair in comparison to Re:Chain and 2, little to no grinding needed for my run with Ventus and Aqua. 

Then I got to Terra's story. 

Okay, so it's not his entire story, just the last couple bosses, but it's still a big jump in difficulty and I got stuck on the last one. 

Terra/Xehanort is really, really frustrating. Getting caught in his combos or his Dark Volley attacks takes a massive chunk out of my health bar and he likes to keep his distance whenever I try hitting him with my attacks. The one time I actually managed to get him down to his second health bar, I learned he could heal himself. Because he wasn't difficult enough on his own. So are there any strategies for him or will I be forced to grind a lot?

First, let me say that Birth By Sleep is really fun (as my signature and avatar indicate). I prefer the Command Deck system over the magic system used in the console games, mainly because it results in a variety of different attacks to be used over the course of a playthrough and the difficulty was pretty fair in comparison to Re:Chain and 2, little to no grinding needed for my run with Ventus and Aqua. 

Then I got to Terra's story. 

Okay, so it's not his entire story, just the last couple bosses, but it's still a big jump in difficulty and I got stuck on the last one. 

Hidden Content

First off, what level are you? I'm trying to gauge where you were compared to where I was at the end of Terra's story. 

Whatever the case, these four abilities are absolutely needed for it, and here's the commands you must meld to create them.

Leaf Bracer (Ensures you can't be attacked when healing) - Aero Lvl 3 + Aero Lvl 3 + Pulsing Crystal.

Renewal Block (Heals you per attack blocked, extremely helpful due to the amount of projectiles in the boss battle) - Curega Lvl 4 (Which requires two Curas to meld, or you can buy it from a moogle) + Block Lvl 3

Once More (Ensures that you retain 1HP when you are hit by combos that would normally kill you in one shot) - Fira Lvl 3 + Fira Lvl 3 (Fira can be bought from a moogle, or melded using two max level fires) + Wellspring Crystal.

Second Chance (Ensures that you can survive attacks that would kill you, and allow you to keep 1HP as long as you have more than 1HP) - Blizzera + Blizzera (Blizzera can be melded using two blizzaras, or puchased from a moogle) + Pulsing Crystal.

After getting the commands with the abilities, I'm assuming you've unlocked abilities before this point, and know you need to level the commands up to max level in order to keep the abilities, and change the commands. My suggestion is get the needed supplies for all four abilities, and if you need to level up the commands, grind the commands up to max outside the Olympus Coliseum in order to keep the abilities, and then change out your command deck to your best deck against the boss. Also ensure you switch out block with renewal block (The game won't let you meld block unless you buy another block ability from a moogle). 

• Thumbs Up 1

A helpful tip that will save you in the future and right now is that he only heals when you heal (one of the optional bosses does this too), the one exception being that if you heal with items he won't. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A helpful tip that will save you in the future and right now is that he only heals when you heal (one of the optional bosses does this too), the one exception being that if you heal with items he won't. 

He's only limited to three heals though, so another idea is to heal, allow him to heal, attack, heal again, attack, and then heal for the final time, so that he won't be able to heal anymore when you need to heal. 

First off, what level are you? I'm trying to gauge where you were compared to where I was at the end of Terra's story. 

Whatever the case, these four abilities are absolutely needed for it, and here's the commands you must meld to create them.

Leaf Bracer (Ensures you can't be attacked when healing) - Aero Lvl 3 + Aero Lvl 3 + Pulsing Crystal.

Renewal Block (Heals you per attack blocked, extremely helpful due to the amount of projectiles in the boss battle) - Curega Lvl 4 (Which requires two Curas to meld, or you can buy it from a moogle) + Block Lvl 3

Once More (Ensures that you retain 1HP when you are hit by combos that would normally kill you in one shot) - Fira Lvl 3 + Fira Lvl 3 (Fira can be bought from a moogle, or melded using two max level fires) + Wellspring Crystal.

Second Chance (Ensures that you can survive attacks that would kill you, and allow you to keep 1HP as long as you have more than 1HP) - Blizzera + Blizzera (Blizzera can be melded using two blizzaras, or puchased from a moogle) + Pulsing Crystal.

After getting the commands with the abilities, I'm assuming you've unlocked abilities before this point, and know you need to level the commands up to max level in order to keep the abilities, and change the commands. My suggestion is get the needed supplies for all four abilities, and if you need to level up the commands, grind the commands up to max outside the Olympus Coliseum in order to keep the abilities, and then change out your command deck to your best deck against the boss. Also ensure you switch out block with renewal block (The game won't let you meld block unless you buy another block ability from a moogle). 

I think I'm barely level 30 right now. Thanks for the ability list, I had Leaf Bracer already but didn't know about all the other ones. Guess I'll try to grab those abilities before I try to take him on again.   

I think I'm barely level 30 right now. Thanks for the ability list, I had Leaf Bracer already but didn't know about all the other ones. Guess I'll try to grab those abilities before I try to take him on again.   

Trust me when I say Renewal Block will absolutely kick his ass. On top of reflecting his projectiles, it heals your health on top of it. I would also suggest maybe level up one or two more levels by grinding outside of the coliseum. You should have enough to go up against him at that point. Use Terra's newest keyblade as well to boost up your strength, and bring in curegas. 

Has anyone here even beaten Mysterious Figure or Vanitas Sentiment with Terra? I have no idea how that's even possible since dodging is nowhere near as effective unlike Aqua and Ven.

Psh, Terra.

I cheated as Ven on the Vanitas Sentiment. I think I beat the Mysterious Figure as Aqua? It's been a while (I'm referring to the PSP version).

Has anyone beaten Lingering Will in KHIIHD yet?

Edited by Fateful Heroine Lucina

Psh, Terra.

I cheated as Ven on the Vanitas Sentiment. I think I beat the Mysterious Figure as Aqua? It's been a while (I'm referring to the PSP version).

Has anyone beaten Lingering Will in KHIIHD yet?

I haven't even unlocked his boss fight yet, because I'm assuming there's a third keyhole in Hollow Bastion, and I'm assuming it's the Cavern of Remembrance. 

I haven't even unlocked his boss fight yet, because I'm assuming there's a third keyhole in Hollow Bastion, and I'm assuming it's the Cavern of Remembrance. 

GOOD LUCK even the normal enemies in Remembrance are ridiculous.

Er, wait, I was on Critical. If you're on Normal the dungeon should be easy enough. You need your Drive Forms fully leveled up though.

GOOD LUCK even the normal enemies in Remembrance are ridiculous.

Er, wait, I was on Critical. If you're on Normal the dungeon should be easy enough. You need your Drive Forms fully leveled up though.

Trust me, on normal it's still a pain in the ass once you get out of the dungeon and then have to go through the hallways. It's a fucking bullshit battle against waves of extremely powerful enemies, the ones which can juggle Sora in the air, and deal massive damage.

Trust me, on normal it's still a pain in the ass once you get out of the dungeon and then have to go through the hallways. It's a fucking bullshit battle against waves of extremely powerful enemies, the ones which can juggle Sora in the air, and deal massive damage.

You'll love Lingering Will and the Data Battles then :^))))))

I'm so happy I managed to do it all though. Like that's my greatest gaming accomplishment lel

Lingering Will isn't as challenging once you know what patterns he'll be going with for the battle. its only the second half that's really a pain. But that's what dodge roll is for!

btw, to unlock him, you just need to complete all the worlds and then beat the game a second time.

Edited by Michael Munroe

Depends what your leveling up. Drive forms, or regular?

if Regular, just keep going through TWTNW completely to the end. You'll get at least 1 level, or close to leveling up.

Drive forms it varies.

Leveling final form(or any form) is actually easy since you can just head to a save point, leave the world, and the gauge will be maxed out again when you return. I did that in TWTNW. Made grinding much easier.

Another decent spot, for at least Final and Valor, is the Mysterious Tower due to its concentration of Nobodies and a nearby save point. I just nuked the ever loving hell out of every staircase to level up Final.

I only just got the Remixes and a PS3, and I'm only on Re:Chain so far. How fucked am I?

It really depends on how good you are with creating your deck around the bosses. But you will almost definitely need to grind around Riku IV.

It really depends on how good you are with creating your deck around the bosses. But you will almost definitely need to grind around Riku IV.

This. Fucking this. As a kid, I never got past the final Riku fight. I don't even know how I made it there, but that fight was bullshit. Never liked CoM because of it. Not looking forward to playing that again

• Thumbs Up 1