Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Riku's final battle is a dick yeah, but if you got 0's, high level cards, a couple heals, and cloud/dumbo summons in your deck, along with effective enemy cards, you should be good.

Sonic Thrust or whatever is very helpful for that one.

I think Larxene was hardest on my HD playthrough? Don't remember my first playthrough well.

I only just got the Remixes and a PS3, and I'm only on Re:Chain so far. How fucked am I?

Prepare to rage a lot, Chain of Memories has the most frustrating boss battles in the series. Seriously, make a deck composed of cards so you can use Sonic Blade once you get the ability, it's probably the easiest way to take out the last few bosses. But if it's any consolation, Riku's story is vastly superior to Sora's, the quicker reloads and shorter length of the worlds make it easier to get through the game.   

• Thumbs Up 1

The story is probably one of the worst aspects of the game as well. The original parts of the story I.E: Sora's Memories, Namine, Organization XIII, and Riku's fight against Ansem is some of the best of the series, but the other 60/70% of that is nothing but complete rehashes of Kingdom Hearts 1's worlds.

For Sora, apart from Traverse Town, every single world is just non voice acted summaries of the worlds in the original Kingdom Hearts, while Riku's story misleads us by making us think we're gonna be seeing the KH1 worlds from P.O.V, such as Neverland and such because his first world is Hollow Bastion, and we see the events unfold from his perspective, only for the game to then give the middle finger and make it that Riku doesn't even get any story in his worlds, even in the ones where he was present, such as Neverland, and Monstro.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

Prepare to rage a lot, Chain of Memories has the most frustrating boss battles in the series. Seriously, make a deck composed of cards so you can use Sonic Blade once you get the ability, it's probably the easiest way to take out the last few bosses. But if it's any consolation, Riku's story is vastly superior to Sora's, the quicker reloads and shorter length of the worlds make it easier to get through the game.   

Oh don't get me wrong guys. I played and beat Re:Chain before on both stories on the PS2. Funny thing, I found Vexen to be 10000000000x worse than Riku. (I was stuck on him for two years) but after watching Lets Plays of the game I grown to really love Re:Chain.

that being said, I was just saying I'm fucked because of how behind I am since everyone is done with the Remixes and I'm not ._.

Oh don't get me wrong guys. I played and beat Re:Chain before on both stories on the PS2. Funny thing, I found Vexen to be 10000000000x worse than Riku. (I was stuck on him for two years) but after watching Lets Plays of the game I grown to really love Re:Chain.

that being said, I was just saying I'm fucked because of how behind I am since everyone is done with the Remixes and I'm not ._.

relax since I got the 1.5 and 2.5 collections the other day  i'm the one the farthest behind I've only so far gone though the introduction for bbs at the moment of this post that said I should be able to play catch up until I reach the final goals to get out of the way to get the secret endings (cept for re:chain of memories I've played though the original on the gba and loved the gameplay :D) either way you aren't last anymore (or at least for the moment) 

I'm still deciding whether I want to buy a PS4 for 2.8, or if I wait for KH3 and the inevitable bundle with a themed PS4(and 2.8 probably).

I'm still deciding whether I want to buy a PS4 for 2.8, or if I wait for KH3 and the inevitable bundle with a themed PS4(and 2.8 probably).

I say wait for KH3. If a bundle comes out it's going to look like a sweeeeet PS4. A good idea if you reallt want to play 2.8, I say rent a PS4 or borrow one and buy or rent 2.8. Then you can play all the games or skip DDD and play the new content.

So is it worth my time to watch the remastered cutscenes of Re:Coded in 2.5 Remix? I'm asking because sitting around with my sister for half of 358/2's story in 1.5 was really boring (Would it have killed them to add in a fight scene or something?) and the story (or what little I remember from when I rented the Re:Coded)  didn't seem all that interesting, felt way too similar to Chain of Memories' setup.   

So is it worth my time to watch the remastered cutscenes of Re:Coded in 2.5 Remix? I'm asking because sitting around with my sister for half of 358/2's story in 1.5 was really boring (Would it have killed them to add in a fight scene or something?) and the story (or what little I remember from when I rented the Re:Coded)  didn't seem all that interesting, felt way too similar to Chain of Memories' setup.   

In terms of story your really not going to get much mileage out of it but it has a lot less of the "telling story through text" syndrome that the days movie got affected with and it actually has some battle scenes in it (though they only last a few seconds). 

It's worth it. The movie is considerably improved from 358/2 Days, and includes a lot of fight scenes and such to make it more interesting to watch.

Re:coded? Probably not lol, that game barely has any story as is. I don't even understand the logic behind it. The only thing important in Re:coded as far as I recall is the ending sequence, and that only sets up the events of Dream Drop Distance. I'm not sure if this release added anything new or whatever, but I doubt it.

Nope. It's pretty much 3 hours of nothing. Not necessary at all to understand the story of the series. Don't bother.

The story, as pointless as it is, is a massive improvement from Days in terms of actual action and doing stuff. It's fun. Especially the Castle Oblivion sequences between Roxas and Sora.

id say watch the Castle Oblivion section at least. I mean the entire game has great character development with Sora, and tons of character interaction with the disney characters that's heavily needed in the main games, by if all you care about is what it brings to the over arching story, then yeah don't bother *shrugs*

Edited by Michael Munroe

Guess I'll give the movie a shot then, the overall story of this series stopped making sense to me with Kingdom Hearts II, even though 3 hours is really pushing it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So the Kingdom Hearts fan event is tomorrow. And I'm pretty damn hyped!

Wishlists or predictions? I'm personally hoping for a KH3 trailer that is about 5-6 minutes that has roughly half new gameplay, and half story elements. Big Hero 6 being shown off as well as maybe one of the returning original worlds that haven't been shown yet would be cool, with it ending with perhaps a Pixar or Toy Story Easter egg.

I'm expecting more 2.8 news definitely. Perhaps a quick look at BBS 0.2, and some gameplay of DDDHD. A expected release date for that one will probably happen as well.

It's happening in a few hours. We'll have the info by then.

Hoping for our first glimpse at a Pixar world. Either Toy Story or Incredibles are my top choices

Toy Story or Brave are my realistic Pixar choices. As cool as Incredibles would be, BH6 kinda already took the superhero thing. Though getting a Mr. Incredible summon while in the BH6 world would make sense.

I get the feeling we're gonna get Frozen. It is holiday season after all, and Frozen love usually spikes up during this time. And Japan loves frozen.

Toy Story or Brave are my realistic Pixar choices. As cool as Incredibles would be, BH6 kinda already took the superhero thing. Though getting a Mr. Incredible summon while in the BH6 world would make sense.

I get the feeling we're gonna get Frozen. It is holiday season after all, and Frozen love usually spikes up during this time. And Japan loves frozen.

Toy Story definitely. I'd not be surprised at all if its even the next new world revealed.

Though I suppose they COULD announce Frozen. That one's just so obvious, though, I feel like they might put it off longer. Then people will keep wondering "will we get Frozen?!" Hell, they should announce it as one of the last few worlds.

I doubt they WILL announce it as one of the last worlds, but they SHOULD.

And yeah, the Premium Theatre is in about two hours. Well, 1.5 approximately at this point in time.

supposedly inside out was leaked as a new world for KH3 according to someone on Twitter

image.png

Edit:

apparently claims are going around that there is no KH3 trailer and it's just more concept art. There is a 2.8 trailer however. Perhaps they're saving the KH3 one for D23? 

Edited by Michael Munroe

I'm going to quote a mod from khinsider:

"Things that are 100% confirmed:

- The Premium Theater was truly a Premium Theater
- There were very emotional scenes

Things that are not 100% confirmed:

- Everything else"