Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Its beautifully barren. Fantastic.

I hope there is absolutely zero self awareness to the barren nature of the world just like in literally every other game after KH1.

44 minutes ago, Hildibrandskaven said:

Nibelheim? I dunno, it looks more like FFIX's Alexandria to me.

No, the very first town cloud visits after leaving Midgar.

@EnderwomanIt could simply just be like that to show off the location? Tons of games/movies do that, and considering this is a movie using completely new assets and locations as its being built off the KH3 engine, I think it's possible we'll get lively locales.

Just now, KHCast said:

It could simply just be like that to show off the location? Tons of games/movies do that, and considering this is a movie using completely new assets and locations as its being built off the KH3 engine, I think it's possible we'll get lively locales.

We're not going to get lively locations. They might look pretty, but they'll still probably be completely barren because they put the minimum amount of effort into most things in Kingdom Hearts.

At this point it just feels like they only keep making these games because Square doesn't want to lose a license as huge as Disney.

>minimum amount of effort 

You have seen KH3 haven't you? And BBS0.2? Cause if you ask me, seems they're going all out with those games in terms of content and visuals. And considering this is our first next gen KH game, and considering how big the complaint is, and Squares history with their next gen games having npc's(FF13,FFXV,FF7R), I'm sure KH won't be barren.

Also, pretty sure they keep making the games, because people were wanting KH3, and Nomura wasn't finished with the lore of the Xehanort saga. Would you have preferred they ended at 2 cliffhanger and all?

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, KHCast said:

>minimum amount of effort 

You have seen KH3 haven't you? And BBS0.2? Cause if you ask me, seems they're going all out with those games in terms of content and visuals. And considering this is our first next gen KH game, and considering how big the complaint is, and Squares history with their next gen games having npc's(FF13,FFXV,FF7R), I'm sure KH won't be barren.

Also, pretty sure they keep making the games, because people were wanting KH3, and Nomura wasn't finished with the lore of the Xehanort saga. Would you have preferred they ended at 2 cliffhanger and all?

I agree. I think they're really haunting their asses for KH3. Even before KH3 I think they work hard on the games. Honestly, I must give them credit because if I was a staff member working on the KH series I probably would've passed the fuck out on day one. I always feel bad because they must be working day in and day out just to get shitted on sometimes.

Also, considering Sanfransokyo is gonna be in KH3 they might try to incorporate an actual crowd. I don't know how they're gonna do that since honestly we're not used to NPCs like that but it can be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aqua7KH said:

I agree. I think they're really haunting their asses for KH3. Even before KH3 I think they work hard on the games. Honestly, I must give them credit because if I was a staff member working on the KH series I probably would've passed the fuck out on day one. I always feel bad because they must be working day in and day out just to get shitted on sometimes.

Also, considering Sanfransokyo is gonna be in KH3 they might try to incorporate an actual crowd. I don't know how they're gonna do that since honestly we're not used to NPCs like that but it can be done.

Also, consider the lore of the KHx series. It revolves around countless Keyblade wielders, the different factions, and it all ties into the Keyblade War. It'd be pretty hard for Square to make that movie barren and only feature the fortellers/ chirthy. 

Now if they include some of the Disney worlds like Wonderland, Beats Castle, Agrabah, considering they'd have to recreate those worlds, perhaps we can get some more lively areas(though wonderland and BC may be hard to do that with.)

1 hour ago, Aqua7KH said:

Also, consider the lore of the KHx series. It revolves around countless Keyblade wielders, the different factions, and it all ties into the Keyblade War. It'd be pretty hard for Square to make that movie barren and only feature the fortellers/ chirthy. 

Now if they include some of the Disney worlds like Wonderland, Beats Castle, Agrabah, considering they'd have to recreate those worlds, perhaps we can get some more lively areas(though wonderland and BC may be hard to do that with.)

7 hours ago, Enderwoman said:

We're not going to get lively locations. They might look pretty, but they'll still probably be completely barren because they put the minimum amount of effort into most things in Kingdom Hearts.

At this point it just feels like they only keep making these games because Square doesn't want to lose a license as huge as Disney.

You can dislike KH if you want but minimum effort? The amount of lore and story they establish(Wether the story is bad or not is irrelevant, clearly alot of effort is put, just misguided), the combat is alot of fun especially with flowmotion, and the presentaion is always fantastic. Yeah the worlds are barren but honestly let's face it: Who the heck remembers KH1 for how populated and alive its worlds are? Traverse Town's npcs are forgettable and.....honestly aren't the other worlds just as barren as in the other games? I surely can't think any noteworth differences.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh SNAP

Might pick it up if any of my devices are compatible with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

About fucking time. Honestly hard to get excited, especially since it's just being dropped on us like this. I mean I'll get it, but Square hopefully learned about why not to pull crap like this.

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Is Unchained X a F2P game? 

Yes. Not sure if microtransactions are in it and if grinding is tedious without it.

Also confirmed in the interview, Back Cover will be the shortest of the 3 KH movies. Only being around a hour. Geez, this is gonna be the shortest KH HD collection by a mile lol.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Yes. Not sure if microtransactions are in it and if grinding is tedious without it.

Also confirmed in the interview, Back Cover will be the shortest of the 3 KH movies. Only being around a hour. Geez, this is gonna be the shortest KH HD collection by a mile lol.

Hopefully the price is lower to compensate... admittedly, though, two of these three things are brand new.

• Thumbs Up 1

hmm, so those people that are worried about NPC's in 3 may be less worried after this. 

This will probably be very apparent with San Fransokyo, allowing all the members of the team to fight.

So I've been playing a ton of Unchained X, so I thought I'd give my thoughts on the game.

okay lets get this out of the way. Yes, are microtransactions. As a freemium game, it was inevitable. However, I don't feel like the game is built around them, or trying to to push you into constantly buy them. Now of course companies are hoping for you to buy them, so they still maybe every now and then will have a deal to promote. There are no ads, thank god, and the game is actually really fun without them. I've been tempted a few times to spend on the game, but I haven't yet, though I don't feel like I'd hate myself for spending a couple bucks here compared to say Sonic Runners. I don't feel like I'm gambling, and the system is pretty simple despite the multiple currency thing. You can earn coins the regular way, and you can get a fair amount that way which is good. The story mode is long, and as a phone game, it has a limit bar that recharges over time to continue missions. Let me just say, you'll almost never need to wait. The bar automatically reloads when you level up(which is a lot.) so you can spend hours on the game. The only time you may run out is when you deviate from the story based missions to do bonus stuff, which cost more points to do.

As for the game itself, like I said, it's pretty fun. Definitely different from the console games, but similar enough. The gameplay system at first may seem complicated, but it really isn't when you start playing. Think chain of memories, with some leveling elements. Oh and no magic/item cards, they're all basically attack cards with special abilities you can activate. You can merge "shards"(basically cards) to level them up, upgrade them to be stronger variants, etc. You can get shards by playing the game normal, or by buying them in the store.

Customized characters are a huge feature here, there isn't really anything to it so I won't go too much into detail. Basically you can dress up as your favorite characters if you upgrade avatar character boards. think the dream eater board things, only with clothing and occasional AP(upgrade you limit bar) and HP upgrades.

Boss raids are what you'd think. Mega bosses that appear every now and then. If you join a party online, you can fight together these bosses to make them a bit easier, cause they get HARD later on. 

The visuals are pretty appealing as far as mobile games go, the worlds are surprisingly detailed. 

The story is pretty simple outside the plot points that are actually important to the entire series. Still, it's nice that we see certain characters in these worlds that the main games ignore.

Overall, I really enjoy it. Is it a intro point for newcomers? Eh, the game foreshadows and ties itself to future games in many ways, so newcomers may feel lost in that regard. And while the gameplay is fun, it isn't really a good way to get the feel of the games as a whole. Maybe wait for 2.8 play 3D first as that is probably the best starting point as it has a synopsis of all the games. If not that, BBS or KH1.

Wonder if we'll get FF and KH3 costumes. Imagine Barrett or Noctis, or even just Cloud. Also KH3 medals would be cool.(and TWEWY ones)

any news on the next update? I finished all the missions and now I'm just redoing some to level up.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally beat BBS Final Mix! It only took so long because I dropped it last year and just remembered it recently, hehe. Secret Episode was really fun and fairly challenging (Neo Shadows get me to 1 HP after 2 hits lel), though that was probably because I was level 29 on Proud.

Don't think I wanna mess with the Secret Bosses right now, though. I guess I can give Mysterious Figure a try, since he's slightly easier (as in, he can't do that chain whip grab twice in a row IIRC).

So yeah, with that, I'm pretty much done until KH2.8 I guess:

KHFM I've beaten every secret boss (Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa, Phantom, Ice Titan, Hooded Figure), reached level 100, got the Ultima Weapon, Proud Mode.

KHBBS I did all the main stuff and beat the Secret Episode, Proud Mode.

And KHIIFM I beat Sephiroth, all Data Battles, Lingering Will, all Mushroom XIII missions, I think I did whatever the last Olympus Cup was, got the Ultima Weapon, Critical Mode.

I hope KH3DHD adds some new stuff since I've beaten it twice (Standard and Proud), with the latter time beating Julius and getting the Ultima Weapon. I also got Divewing which was cool looking.

I'm just so hyped for BBS Volume II (or whatever they called it in 2.8) and KHIII, holy moly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do I get the feeling 2.8 will be out in America way before Unchained X catches up to where Japan is with the game now?

So if this newest event in Unchained X is anything to go by, Zootopia may potentially show up in KH3, given the purpose of the medals (they're characters/light fragments that appear in the future lore of the stories being called to fight the heartless in Ux)

image.png

image.png

I mean...shit, if this is really the case, Square is REALLY surprising me with this game. A 2015 movie getting repped(unless they're maybe just summons). I still really hope Robin Hood has a shot, but considering the films getting repped( Tangled, BH6, Frozen likely and now this) I get the feeling KH3 will he focusing on current Disney movies when regarding new worlds. I really don't want them to ignore classic/renaissance era Disney.:( we still got gems like Sword and the stone, Atlantis, Emperors New Groove, etc.

Though at least this means PATF may have a better shot, since it's still technically new era.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

So if this newest event in Unchained X is anything to go by, Zootopia may potentially show up in KH3, given the purpose of the medals (they're characters/light fragments that appear in the future lore of the stories being called to fight the heartless in Ux)

image.png

image.png

I mean...shit, if this is really the case, Square is REALLY surprising me with this game. A 2015 movie getting repped(unless they're maybe just summons). I still really hope Robin Hood has a shot, but considering the films getting repped( Tangled, BH6, Frozen likely and now this) I get the feeling KH3 will he focusing on current Disney movies when regarding new worlds. I really don't want them to ignore classic/renaissance era Disney.:( we still got gems like Sword and the stone, Atlantis, Emperors New Groove, etc.

Though at least this means PATF may have a better shot, since it's still technically new era.

Or maybe they're just included in Unchained X because its easy, and there's no guarantee at all they'll make it in by KH3 (coming in "from the future" can even be beyond KH3 as well, it doesn't mean they'll be in KH3).

Also, you do mean 2016, though, right?

The theatrical release I thought was late 2015. And idk, Square have been using quite a lot of Disney's newer films for KH3. Wouldn't surprise me if Disney wanted that for promotional reasons. Zootopia showing up in 3 wouldn't completely be unreasonable. Though I'd rather it show up in something after KH3.

abd I never said it WILL be in. Just that it potentially could.(though I'd assume all the medals used would tie into the Xehanort saga in some way, and since 3 is the end of it....though hey, I definitely can see them as summons if they aren't getting a world.)

Man, I still can't believe my favorite CG Disney movie is going to be in KHIII (Tangled). Like... Bruh.

And Olympus is coming back too, right? Hercules is my favorite 2D movie, so it's great to see more of the world (i.e., outside the coliseum and the underworld).

ALSO there's the Big Hero 6 world of course. That's great.

I can't think of anything else I'd want aside from Star Wars or Avengers, so yeah. Super excited still!!

(this probably all seems super late and I may have already said most of this but w/e)