Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

On 1/25/2017 at 2:40 PM, KHCast said:

it's likely a coincidence, but PLZ DONT BE, AVENGERS WORLD IN KH3 PLZ. If it has nothing to do with marvel, star wars would be awesome, showing off the BH6 world, a fucking release date, any new world announcement tbh, plz. Though there's always the chance that announcement from Square has nothing to do with KH3

On 1/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, JaidynReiman said:

It BETTER be a coincidence. Or if its not it better have NOTHING to do with KH. Please NO Marvel/Avengers world in KH3.

In all honesty, though, I don't think it'll be KH related at all. This is too random for it to be KH related.

Ummm, is there some big controversy I'm missing here?

People are uncomfortable with seeing marvel(or Star Wars) in KH because it's not technically "Disney". Only things that work apparently are Pixar and Disney animated, and to a degree live action, studio works. Any other suggestions tend to get shot down.(marvel, Star Wars, Ghibli, etc.)

honestly though, this partnership with Square I think only makes me more sure Marvel will have some involvement in KH outside just BH6. If not a world, a summon or Keyblade or boss.

21 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

Ummm, is there some big controversy I'm missing here?

Tbh, I thought KHCast wanted an Avengers world in KH3.

Marvel and Star Wars are completely different from Disney. And KH3 has been in the works/planned for years. I'd like this plan to come to fruition with nothing related to Star Wars or Marvel. After KH3 I'd be more open to the prospect of expanding on that, but even then, there's tons of big traditional Disney properties that still haven't been had worlds in them yet. I'd much rather see them get worlds and big ties first before starting to delve into properties that existed separately from Disney for most of their existence.

Plus KH is convoluted enough without bringing Marvel/Star Wars into it.

Seems like more of a personal preference since most of the community seems on board with Star Wars or marvel involvement. Disney has owned those two for like years now, way longer than KH3's development and planning, and made it very clear that they belong to them. (Star Wars merch with Disney characters, Disney merch with Star Wars, Star Wars shows showing up on Disney channels). It seems ridiculous to use "they're not Disney" when, yeah, they kinda are, albeit not traditionally, otherwise you may as well take issue with nightmare before Christmas as well. KH3 is a big promotional vector for Disney I assume, and so they're likely gonna want some popular "wow that got in" worlds. I'm sure they'll use tons of classic traditional Disney worlds, one world based on Star Wars or Marvel isn't gonna fucking ruin anything since they are Disney, and many people have requested those vs say something like say Robin Hood. Marvel getting a world btw wouldn't complicate anything. They don't need to involve the full universe, Star Wars, yeah maybe, but marvel can have a world that's original and not based in the MCU.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently there's a "leak" regarding KH3 info. The guy leaking it has apparently been right about a few other things in the past, so I guess it's wiry looking into. The biggest news is that KH3 is being aimed for March 2018. Which, actually sounds kinda realistic if they focus dev time and promotion this year on 3.

Oh my god I love this so fucking much! (Would have been the perfect opportunity to show off a final fantasy Keyblade lol.)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Apparently there's a "leak" regarding KH3 info. The guy leaking it has apparently been right about a few other things in the past, so I guess it's wiry looking into. The biggest news is that KH3 is being aimed for March 2018. Which, actually sounds kinda realistic if they focus dev time and promotion this year on 3.

Unfortunately, being right about "a few other things in the past" isn't a good comparison point. So were LKD, Emily Rogers, and Liam Robertson.

25 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

Unfortunately, being right about "a few other things in the past" isn't a good comparison point. So were LKD, Emily Rogers, and Liam Robertson.

Well, yeah, but I don't think we should now suddenly ignore everything they say just because they were wrong a few times. That's how it is in the business. Plans change.

Not saying we should take every rumor as fact either, of course, but you shouldn't brush this off just because of some other, unrelated people getting something incorrect.

I'll check out the video later and post my thoughts then. Doesn't seem like 2018 is too crazy a release date.

58 minutes ago, God Eater Lenka said:

Well, yeah, but I don't think we should now suddenly ignore everything they say just because they were wrong a few times. That's how it is in the business. Plans change.

Not saying we should take every rumor as fact either, of course, but you shouldn't brush this off just because of some other, unrelated people getting something incorrect.

I'll check out the video later and post my thoughts then. Doesn't seem like 2018 is too crazy a release date.

That's not the point I was making. My point is, being correct about some rumors doesn't mean everything they say is true. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't matter who it is.

As for 2018, its perfectly believable. I fully expected a 2018 release date.

• 3 weeks later...

We've got the box art of 1.5 + 2.5 and if you were hoping for the same awesome boxart that we got with 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 only this time, it's all six KH games combined together in an extremely awesome box art summing up all of the six games?

Welp, you're gonna be mighty disappointed.

YbH4Ytn.jpg

I mean, it's just a PS4 port of the PS3 collections and it doesn't add anything new. Didn't particularly think there would be a brand new boxart, no.

Considering whether I actually want this or not, I went through a lot of trouble to do almost everything in the main games (on the hardest difficulty). Doing those stupid Mushroom XIII things again doesn't excite me at all.

Eh. Maybe I'll have this sudden urge to play them through again later. But KHII especially has a lot of lame stuff that you have to do if you want to have less trouble on the secret bosses, like grinding all the forms for that dungeon leading up to the Data Rematch room.

14 hours ago, kirby1up said:

well we don't have much kh3 news to talk about but it sounds like that cartoon series is getting a second attempt.

I'd honestly rather a brotherhood FFXV-esque thing at this point that ties into KH3, or something like that that ties up loose ends that we don't need games to explain. Or maybe a animated short series version of the events of unchained x.  Eh, either way interested to see where this goes.

10 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

We've got the box art of 1.5 + 2.5 and if you were hoping for the same awesome boxart that we got with 1.5, 2.5 and 2.8 only this time, it's all six KH games combined together in an extremely awesome box art summing up all of the six games?

Welp, you're gonna be mighty disappointed.

YbH4Ytn.jpg

Old, and Nomura said quite awhile ago we wouldn't get anything unique with this box art. I don't mind this.

Boss looks badass and noticing Soras health, could be that either second visits are back, or bosses can be replayed.(or this isn't even a boss)

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Oh shit, that looks like a boss! I wonder how strong it i-

unknown.png

Huh.

Might be a separate part you can lock on to, like an appendage or armor you can bust off.

Or something. I don't actually know, just a thought.

• Thumbs Up 2

Considering it's the first boss likely, wouldn't be surprise if it's a outright reference to guard armor. Every KH main game has had some equivalent to it 

1 hour ago, God Eater Lenka said:

Might be a separate part you can lock on to, like an appendage or armor you can bust off.

Or something. I don't actually know, just a thought.

I hope you're wrong just because that giant heartless dying in two hits would be funnier.

• Thumbs Up 5

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

I hope you're wrong just because that giant heartless dying in two hits would be funnier.

Yen sid said dicking around with Sora. "Lol u lost all your power and shit, good luck" 

*sora leaves the tower"

yen siCCUNT: SIKE

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...