Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Hmm interesting. I figured this would likely be the case. Don’t know why it’s spoilered tho, this was an official press announcement.

Im wondering if tangled or BH6 will end up in a similar situation. Which is weird cause given Disney’s heavy influence this time around, you’d think they’d be able to get more of the original VA’s back. 

Hmm, I’m wondering. Since You got a friend in me is the field theme for toy story, will “if I didn’t have you” be the world theme for monsters?

also some impressions videos of KH3

Edit: a few more I found 

• Thumbs Up 1

About the only thing I've seen is the gameplay trailers. I've been avoiding reactions and leaked info for the sake of keeping things in the dark. There is a lot of that.

Though I honestly am waiting in anticipation for it regardless.

I’m sure the BH6 and Tangled voice actors will come back to reprise their roles since they did for the tv shows that are airing right now. Well except for TJ Miller due to those scandals of his.

• Thumbs Up 1

KH3 will be playable at E3! It was expected, but nice to see confirmed. Maybe we’ll get a public beta demo for everyone similar to FFXV and Dissidia?

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

KH3 will be playable at E3! It was expected, but nice to see confirmed. Maybe we’ll get a public beta demo for everyone similar to FFXV and Dissidia?

I'm praying we get lucky and they give us the Toy Story/Hercules demo.

Just now, Jiren's Only fan said:

Any ideas on how they would handle DLC in this game?

I would hope it not go the FFXV route with constant season passes and a shoehorned in online. Maybe one expansion post game is developed that perhaps adds a side of the story  not seen in the main game(possibly Kairi maybe?). Aside from that, world dlc I wouldn’t exactly prefer unless again it’s post game, and neatly worked into the game somehow. Aside from all that, keyblades, extra bosses, coliseum shit, maybe summons or extra gummi ship stuff to do I guess. Small things. Maybe some free updates/content to keep the game supported until thebig dlc releases

Backing off Kingdom Hearts 3 hype, I want to talk about this because it's honestly really beginning to wear thin and get on my nerves.

I'm running through Critical Mode on Kingdom Hearts 2 for the first time, and after hearing a lot about how people kept going on about "it's the only way to play kingdom hearts 2" and this that and the other, I began.

And quite honestly, it is one of the few times I've played one of my favourite games of all time and quite frankly found it a demoralizing slog of a game. Critical Mode practically embodies exactly what I hate so much about these difficulty modes. Nearly the majority of everything kills you in one or two hits, a lot of the time, you're forced to repeat fights, regain XP, and items that you lost upon death because the checkpointing system blows. Frustrating end-game enemies become even more a complete and total pain in the ass. 

As someone who when I was younger, had to literally take a full year to beat KH2 because I kept getting stuck on bosses over and over again and that meant constantly coming back to try them over and over, I having vivid memories of feeling so immensely proud of myself back then for beating a specific boss, let it be Deymx, Luxord, or whatever else. That I managed to overcome a challenge in the game that held me back for awhile. I was thinking Critical mode would spark some of those memories again, but it hasn't. Instead of feeling like I'm actually overcoming a challenge through raw skill, it actually instead feels like I'm getting immensely lucky, especially in standard fights.

"Oh wow, gee. The berserker's didn't block my attack or one-shot me this time. I really upped my own ante there and got through it, yaaaaay". 

I'm running through Critical once for the platinum of KH2, but I honestly don't think I ever want to touch the mode again. Without Second Chance and Once More, it just feels like a frustrating slog of a game that cheaply murders you and then forces you to repeat large chunks again and again til you hit a magic bit of luck and get through it. It's just ruining a game that I love at this point.

The trick is to master your timing with the dodge and blocking maneuvers. As a kid, I never really paid attention to leveling up and all,  so I ended up learning quite possibly the best way of coping with higher difficulties. 

2 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Sonic Heroes said:

The trick is to master your timing with the dodge and blocking maneuvers. As a kid, I never really paid attention to leveling up and all,  so I ended up learning quite possibly the best way of coping with higher difficulties. 

That's the problem, I know for a fact half of the problems would be solved with skills in the game. Dodge Roll, Once More, Second Chance, but instead of giving you at least one of them to begin with so you have half a chance here, you instead have to rely on Reflect and pray you get lucky. Even some attacks like Berserkers' can tag-team you so you have no chance of avoiding them. I literally reflected one of them just to immediately get killed by the second as soon as my frames were gone and I didn't get a chance to move.

It's not even a problem with learning tells, dodges and blocks. I had to do that all before with the Data Fights on PS3, which took me try after try to learn all of them and beat. Here, it's just get lucky or don't and die.

Thought I'd give an update in regards to my earlier post. Having gotten up to right after the Battle of 1000 Heartless now, I just want to repoint direction to this:

9 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Dodge Roll, Once More, Second Chance, but instead of giving you at least one of them to begin with so you have half a chance here

Having gotten Once More during Pride Lands, the game feels FIFTY times better on Critical. It feels actually somewhat fair that you can now survive combos. It feels like I'm actually getting a bit of skill involved with reacting correctly against attacks now I can properly deal with combos without being instantly killed. During Deymx's fight for example, I nearly died several times but was able to properly respond and correct myself thanks to Once More, and beat him second try because of it. It just feels much better now.

• Thumbs Up 2

So how much do y’all think the inevitable Collectors Edition of KH3 will be? I’m betting it will be announced at E3. I’m hoping it’s not FFXV levels of ridiculous (almost $300), and moreso around 2.5’s price of the collectors edition (which iirc was around $120-30 range). I’m also hoping that shit doesn’t sell out in like 10 minutes. I was lucky to get that 2.5 one lol

Just now, KHCast said:

So how much do y’all think the inevitable Collectors Edition of KH3 will be? I’m betting it will be announced at E3. I’m hoping it’s not FFXV levels of ridiculous (almost $300), and moreso around 2.5’s price of the collectors edition (which iirc was around $120-30 range). I’m also hoping that shit doesn’t sell out in like 10 minutes. I was lucky to get that 2.5 one lol

I’m predicting two collectors editions. One is your standard collectors edition stuff while there would be another release called something along the lines of “Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Saga” and be a bundle of 1.5 + 2.5, 2.8, And 3 itself. Similar to what the 2.5 collectors edition did by including 1.5 too.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I’m predicting two collectors editions. One is your standard collectors edition stuff while there would be another release called something along the lines of “Kingdom Hearts: The Complete Saga” and be a bundle of 1.5 + 2.5, 2.8, And 3 itself. Similar to what the 2.5 collectors edition did by including 1.5 too.

Ooofff that’s gonna be a tough decision if they do that. Cause this’ll be like the third time I buy 1.5/2.5(well 4th time I get 1.5 cause the 2.5 collectors edition) and the second time I get 2.8 haha. 

Such a collection would, of course, be PS4-exclusive.

Unless they finally decide to spring announcements of XBO ports of the HD collections on us.

Well, I finally finished my critical mode run on Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix for the first time. As someone who's been playing KH2 when it was on the PS2, replayed it many times, and consider it one of, if not my favourite game of all time, it was...an interesting experience to say the least. To begin with, my battle report.

Game LV: Critical Mode

Completion of Jiminy's Journal: 69%

Completion of Gummi-Routes: 9%

Healed Party Members: 103 times

Saved by Mickey: 8 times

Most Used Form: Limit Form - 28 times

Used Anti Form: 13 times

Most Used Summon: Stitch - 6 times

-----------------------------------------------

Random explanation things with the report:

Limit Form was my most used form because for once, I barely actually made use of forms except Valor a few times in the beginning when Sora had crap combos or out of complete desperation. I didn't want to risk Anti-Form either as it would be a nightmare to survive the form. Limit Form was instead used, and instantly reverted in order to restore MP and HP.

Anti-Form: It's incorrect. If we were to talk accidental transformations - it only happened once when I stupidly tried to take on Vexen's first fight underleveled during one of my second world visits and tried to go limit to restore MP and HP. The other 12 times was done on purpose in the Hades tourneys for two reasons - one was to get Final Form after beating Roxas, the other was because there's a trophy for getting Anti-Form 13 times so I wanted it out of the way ASAP.

Stitch - Didn't actually use many summons in the game, I used Stitch in an attempt to beat one of the cups.

Mickey - Surprisingly, he didn't save me during the one fight you'd think I would need it most - Xaldin. Instead, he saved me mostly in my early game-time, four times in Olympus against the Hydra and Cerberus, twice against the Land of Dragons second visit boss, and twice against the dark arms boss in Beast's Castle's first visit. 

-----------------------------------------------

Random other things:

I beat the game at Level 45 exactly. 

Shield was my starting weapon, so I got Once More at Level 25, but not Second Chance

I finished both Atlantica and 100 Acre Woods - getting Curaga and Blizzaga (Blizzaga never being used but Curaga being a god-send). 

Favourite Party Member (Not counting Donald or Goofy): Riku, easily. Jack is a tough second place however.

Worst World: Easily Atlantica. Non-combat worlds though, probably Beast's Castle 1st Visit or 2nd Visit to Twilight Town

Favourite Keyblades: Hero's Crest, Rumbling Rose, Decisive Pumpkin 

---------------------------------------------------

In terms of bosses, some gave me trouble, some didn't, surprisingly. Nearly all of the bosses I thought would be insanely hard, especially since they had me stuck for months when I was playing the game as a child were beaten within one or two tries.

Notable standouts: 

Beast's Castle 1st Visit: Both bosses are a pain, you're weak, you don't even have cure yet, you have no really good combos yet, your magic pretty much sucks, and bosses destroy your health insanely to the point you can be one-shotted. I had to be smart with limits at points to abuse their invincibility frames to get through it while Mickey had to save me twice against the door boss.

Roxas: Easily the most difficult story boss in the entire game. He hits extremely hard, a lot of his attacks require specifically timed guards, or spamming of Reflect, and on top of that, his boss, without the use of Dodge-Roll or Glide might as well down to be RNG if you'll avoid his desperation move. On top of all of that, his reaction command that you need to deal a lot of damage on him is random and somewhat finicky. It took getting lucky with ethers and smart use of Limit Form,  as well as getting lucky enough to get the reaction command on the last health-bar is what let me finally overcome him.

Xaldin: Not as bad as the others, but I did lose a good few times. He wasn't frustrating though but I do want to mention him because he was the first boss I had to employ a proper plan to get through, as opposed to playing it smart with limit form, items and such to restore my MP gauge. Since I could not for the life of me figure out out to block and avoid the desperation move he spams on his last health bar, and therefore couldn't grab learn commands off him, I had to do a different thing. I instead deliberately got him to just barely two and a half health bars left, and let him out of my combo. He escapes and as expected, he hasn't gotten down enough for his desperation attack, meaning he was still stuck on his jumping phase, which I did know how to avoid with ease and grab commands off.

With that, I simply let him attempt to attack me, I grabbed 9 commands off him, and I just barely managed to take down those final two bars with all 9 jump commands and a final air combo + finisher. 

Demyx, Xigbar, Luxord, and Saix: Classing them all together because these bastards share the distinction of being the ones who broke my original playthrough into a full year when I was a kid playing the game on PS2. I expected them to be absolute hell on Critical and I'd have to relive learning them down to the ground like I did their data fights on PS3. However...they all share the distinction of being beaten on either my first or second try. Demyx killed me once because I was too cocky at first and not careful enough. Luxord was easily beaten, Xigbar was easily beaten, although I had to be smart with my heals/reflects. And Saix beat me once because I had completely forgotten his fight and realized he wouldn't get stunned when I used Berserk on him like normal heartless. 

Finally: 

Xemnas: Xemnas is a weird one. I actually beat the majority of his forms first go, including his final form, although full admission - Riku was on his game and had my back, giving me potions and ethers when I needed them badly. However, one massive standout was this, I was worried the entire time because one of his desperation moves is grabbing Sora and life-draining him while you took control of Riku to save him. I always had trouble with it, and on other difficulties, my main plan was always to trick the Xemnas clone into using his reflect shield to bump me towards Sora instead of away. But then I realized since I'm on Critical, I'd probably have my health completely destroyed and die long before getting to Sora.

However, somehow I got completely lucky enough to land Xemnas into a combo that completely skipped his desperation move and went directly into his final laser attack with Sora and Riku. With that, he was finished. The only time Xemnas managed to kill me was the one gimmicky part where Riku and Sora are on a speeder-bike.

So with that, I might as well sum up my thoughts on the playthrough as a whole. Having read a lot of Reddit posts to try find tips and such for Critical, I think one post put it best. Half of it is absolutely infuriating, cheap crap that is a complete and total slog to run through, enemies one-shot you all over the place, your combos are bad, weak and very easily punishable, and you can't juggle enemies for long, meaning they're free to retaliate as soon as you land a few hits on them while you're still in recovery. 

But the other half is extremely fun while retaining a tough, but fair challenge. That is absolutely true I feel, because this practically explains how my playthrough went, and I can put it to one singular half-way point which I mentioned above: Level 25, where if you pick the dream shield, you acquire Once More.

I feel like Once More is something that should've been given from the very beginning, along with MP Hastaga. Once More I feel is absolutely needed to have a good time in Critical Mode, because before this point, you're going to keep feeling like that you got unfairly one-shotted by enemies in one combo, or one hit. And while Once More isn't a perfect solution, only protecting you from insta-kill combos, it's absolutely still a miraculous thing that completely shifts how you play the rest of the game. Of course, attaining combo additions, finishes, and more also help the playthrough as it begins to shift Sora as a weak piece of glass who gets taken down to size with one to two hits to a somewhat decently defending glass cannon who can punish enemies badly if he survives their onslaught. 

It's that one addition of Once More that shifts things from being an unfairly balanced slog to a recent fluid, fun risk VS reward system where I feel like it's me actually being smart, knowing how to recover, how to retaliate and more that actually won the game. The best example I can think of is this: There's one part of the second visit to Twilight Town where you have to fight three berserkers at once and it's unlikely you'll have Once More at this point (I got it in Pride Lands) - No matter which plan I went in with, which items I went in with, who I took down first, what I saved for that portion of the fight, I kept dying because I was being swarmed and one-shotted by these enemies that is more or less end-game enemies, it's a massive difficulty spike, and a frustrating one at that. I don't feel like I got through it with skill, I feel like I got lucky enough to just get a lucky turn where I wasn't one shotted and landed two berserk reaction commands to finish them off.

But then compare it to Demyx which is very closely after this. I actually felt like it was me who got through it. I blame myself and take full responsibility for my dying against him, because it legitimately felt like I had the proper tools to beat him but got too cocky and let him punish me too much, where the second time around, I managed to defend him, react to his combos and heal in time, and ultimately beat him with a proper plan and reaction as opposed to getting cheaply one-shotted and having to repeat a section of the game I already ran through so I can get another chance to be unfairly one-shotted. Once More IMO literally makes the difference between the game on Critical mode feeling like a demoralizing mess that is unfair and forces you to constantly repeat huge chunks for tiny mistakes, and a game where you are given the proper tools to react and retaliate with enemies and their combos. 

So ultimately, would I play through it again on Critical? I'm honestly not sure. I loved the second half of the game, but the first half just felt like a dull, unfair mess on Critical while on lesser difficulties, it felt fun constantly and consistently, even if there was a lack of challenge.  

------------------------------------------

So on another note, I'm still ultimately trying to get the platinum trophy, and I was wondering - is it worth trying to beat the data bosses and Seph and such on Critical, or should I run through again on Beginner and make that my 100% file? I know for a fact even on Beginner, I had massive trouble with the data fights and had to go ahead and learn all of them anyways, so I want to know is there a huge difference that it'd be worth doing that on Beginner? If it helps, I do have a save on Beginner from 1.5 + 2.5's original release before I took a break from the game, where I believe it's just after finishing Timeless River. Could use some advice here.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:48 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Favourite Party Member (Not counting Donald or Goofy): Riku, easily. Jack is a tough second place however.

Which Jack?