Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I'm pretty bummed to see that Donald and Goofy aren't your partners when playing as Sora.

I hope they do something similar to 358/2 days and make them bonus party characters. No doubt they'll be involved in the story somehow. But the party chars. you have are cute looking!tongue.png

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

Well in terms of the magic it seems a lot of the disney aspects are there. You got the disney levels along with interaction. Party characters seem to be prevalent although not disney.(It's been noted you can get more party characters besides these. so maybe they'll do something similar to the keyblade upgrades and depending on the world you get the party char. from will determine it's appearance. a Norte dame style dream eater or princess and the frog new orlenes style one would be cool!)Music will be as magical as ever i hope. So ya the only thing that isn't here(for me) is no disney party chars.sad.png

Edit:So happy they decided to go BBS style(gameplay). But i wonder how you will travel between worlds...

With the past few Kingdom Hearts it seemed like the same game style as the first but with a few new mechanics. This one... This one seems different. I get the same sort of feeling when a new Pokemon game comes out, as if everything has some sort of new look. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in fact it's making me more excited for this than I was for 358/2 days or Re:Coded. Things look a little off, but in a good way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who else is disappointed that neku is still pretty much a ds exclusive character and they still have no plans for a sequel?

Oh! And Jimminy better make a journal in this game!smile.png I loved the way they implemented him. after kh2 it wasn't as cool.

I've sort of lost interest in Kingdom Hearts over time, but this game does look like a lot of fun so I'll give it a shot eventually. The only thing that stands out to me is how the framerate seems to dip sometimes (I think the most noticeable was in a video where Riku was fighting a boss os some sort), but I'm sure it'll be gone/less noticeable by the time this game is released.

Not sure about Sora yet, but I dig Riku's new look.

Edited by Nix

Is it sad that I only want this game because Neko is in it? I could care less for KH now until 3, although I've heard that DDD ties into 3

Is it bad I only want this game for Neku and the fact that it may tie into 3 (unless it definitely does)?

I've sort of lost interest in Kingdom Hearts over time, but this game does look like a lot of fun so I'll give it a shot eventually. The only thing that stands out to me is how the framerate seems to dip sometimes (I think the most noticeable was in a video where Riku was fighting a boss os some sort), but I'm sure it'll be gone/less noticeable by the time this game is released.

Not sure about Sora yet, but I dig Riku's new look.

Yeah Kh 358,recoded and com weren't my favs but i still love the franchise. I like sora and rikus design(although i'm sure people will complain about the seeing belly button thing for riku.) And yeah the lag might be gone. This game seems like a blast! There's a reason it's being called one of the best looking 3ds games(both visually and gameplay wise)Story wise since i can understand the full plot i am exited to see what will happen.

Is it sad that I only want this game because Neko is in it? I could care less for KH now until 3, although I've heard that DDD ties into 3

Your not interested in the gameplay or any of the stuff in it? And yes it does ties in into 3. You'll prob. need to play the game to understand 3(unless they give us a backstory)

At this point, I'd have a harder time believing someone wasn't at least a bit burned out on this series with spinoff after spinoff for four years.

Yeah, this game feels much more like an actual installment than just something that was made "because", like 358/2 and Re:coded. The only reason I didn't feel a bit ripped off by playing those was because I rented them.

Edited by Ekaje
  • Thumbs Up 1

At this point, I'd have a harder time believing someone wasn't at least a bit burned out on this series with spinoff after spinoff for four years.

I admit i hated re coded and 358/2 days. But this and BBs were not spinoff's. But yeah I did lose interest up until i played bbs then i was recharged.(but then i heard about vol. 2 and well...dry.png )

That's pretty much how I am right now, I just want a KH3.

Your not interested in the gameplay or any of the stuff in it? And yes it does ties in into 3. You'll prob. need to play the game to understand 3(unless they give us a backstory)

Kingdom Hearts has sort of died for me over the years, the last game I ever showed interest in was BBS. The gameplay looks... solid for KH I guess, but I really just want a KH3. Im pretty sure they're giving us some sort of backstory like in KH2 and CoM

I'm actually surprised they're using IP's outside of Final Fantasy *points to Neku* I wonder how involved in the story he is and if he'll be a partner or not. I would love to see a WewY sequel or a 2nd one in general. Makes me kinda sad to see Neku on the clock in the game-play videos. So... he's dead?

Edited by LunarEdge

I just started BBS, I hear it's one of the best. I'll be honest and say I thought every non-numbered entry (excluding BBS) was awful. I hated COM, 358/2 Days, and Re-coded. I really liked 1, 2, and it seems I'm going to enjoy BBS. I'm happy DDD is going to be more of a main title like BBS. Honestly I wish they wouldn't bother making those half-hearted (lol) "spin-off" games. They're not very good and it just deludes the series of it's quality IMO.

Anyway do you think the game will at least show what Donald and Goofy are up to?

Who else is disappointed that neku is still pretty much a ds exclusive character and they still have no plans for a sequel?

I'm still waiting for a TWEWY 2 man, been waiting since I beat the first one years ago (then it got stolen, and recently I bought it again, and I'm almost done with it). I could have sworn they said they're interested in doing another one, though I'm not sure how it panned out now.

But seeing Neku in the game was definitely a surprise to me. I wonder if you get to change what attacks he'll use with pins and all that...

I'm still waiting for a TWEWY 2 man, been waiting since I beat the first one years ago (then it got stolen, and recently I bought it again, and I'm almost done with it). I could have sworn they said they're interested in doing another one, though I'm not sure how it panned out now.

But seeing Neku in the game was definitely a surprise to me. I wonder if you get to change what attacks he'll use with pins and all that...

my copy of TweWY got stolen too and I had to re-buy it and beat it as well. The game was pretty hard to find shortly after release, or at least it was for me. If I recall the game didn't sell to well so plans of a sequel were kinda low

That's pretty much how I am right now, I just want a KH3.

Kingdom Hearts has sort of died for me over the years, the last game I ever showed interest in was BBS. The gameplay looks... solid for KH I guess, but I really just want a KH3. Im pretty sure they're giving us some sort of backstory like in KH2 and CoM

I'm actually surprised they're using IP's outside of Final Fantasy *points to Neku* I wonder how involved in the story he is and if he'll be a partner or not. I would love to see a WewY sequel or a 2nd one in general. Makes me kinda sad to see Neku on the clock in the game-play videos. So... he's dead?

Well if bbs was the last game you were interested in then your going to like this i can tell you that. Honestly To me personally I think when people say just give us a KH3 i get the same vibe of "just give us a SA3" while i want a kh3 to i don't want it rushed.(If it's anything like versus 13's gameplay i will freak!. In a good way!biggrin.png ) Personally the story in bbs made me cry. I hope something similar happens here. Yeah i agree with you in being surprised.

Does anybody think we'll finally see pixar films as worlds this time?

I'm 80% sure we'll see a pixar world. If we get one I hope it's a bugs life. That makes the most sense for me.

I am also sure donald and goofy will make a appearance in this game. They've made some sort of appearance in every installment. Hell they were party members in re coded!

Also some more news guys. Apparently Neku is being voiced by Kōki Uchiyama who did roxas and ven in japan. Does this mean jesse mcartney for English dub?huh.png

No, he voiced Neku in the original Japanese version too. Neku will be voiced by Jesse David Corti in the English version (most likely).

Oh okay!Phew! I like jesse as roxas but as neku? No thank you!tongue.png

Th-Th-Th-There is NEKU FROM THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GETTING THIS GAME!

Ahem... Okay, after that fan squee... I have to say that I am pretty much fan of KH series... Now I have to play Birth by Sleep before this gets out...

Wait, you can play as Riku too?!?!?!? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*Meltdown*

Edited by sayi50

Someone mentioned Twister actually plays during the cutscene where Sora runs into Neku too. I like the Gang Mix the best, but I think it's the standard version.

Considering BbS was my favorite in the series, I can gladly say I'm officially out of the "GODDAMMITGIMMEMAHFUCKINGKINGDUMHARTSTREE" boat. Definitely looking forward to this one.