Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

I really need to get back into the novels. I have a few from 1 and CoM and I think 1 from 2. And I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, a guy called Alpha Baymax had a suggestion for how a Coco world could work: https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?threads/worlds-of-kingdom-hearts-top-3-worlds-you-want-w-explanation-in-kingdom-hearts-iv.177731/page-153

On that note, if Nutcracker and the Four Realms somehow had KH representation (world or otherwise), how would you want it to be handled?

16 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Um, so what'd everyone think?

Most of the game is filler.

Arendelle is hands down one of the mishandled worlds in the series.

Somehow the dialogue is still awful even though recently SE games like FF15 had good dialogue. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually think the dialogue a lot of times is the best the series has had. The humor and interactions are top notch especially in most of the Disney worlds. Hell, the final sequences in the keyblade graveyard I genuinely found to be pretty hype. 

But yeah a lot of the game ends up being useless filler. It’s a fun game, but it certainly is no Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. The post game is pathetically empty, and a lot of staple things just seem gone for no reason. And overall, the story is pretty dumb and complicated(with some stuff being not answered intentionally for DLC). I’d probably give it a 7/10

Most Kingdom Hearts games are 90% filler but I guess if you were hoping for them to address that rather than making it worse than it usually is then yeah it's kind of a let down. The moment to moment interactions in the disney worlds were of a higher quality than they usually are to me though so I appreciated that. It was more important to me than making sure every Disney world advances the plot or ties the story together. The game's story almost  always bothered me more when it was focused on the main plot, to be honest. 

Anyway I finished the game thinking it was alright, but that was it. I wasn't really let down because it was about what I expected. I've gone out of my way not to touch it or talk about it much since so I can't really go into specifics.

Ah.

I was actually combing threw the last four or so pages since the games release to get an idea of what has been opined and what has been discovered. There are a few things back there that I might respond to if I can think of an interesting response and segueway with them.

I had a couple of things I can say about the game and more promptly the story once I get the chance, but I think I'll just sum up some thoughts here:

I enjoyed the game okay. It definitely looks good and has it's moments of fun and slight epicness, but it has problems. Not overly bad problems(I say that now), but definitely things that could've been better and could've made the structure & experience greater.

Finally got platinum so I'm done with it. Best worlds were pirates and big hero. Worst was frozen world

I just want a guard and dodge that doesn’t feel two decades old and lag a near second after pressing the button. This is a post Bayonetta/ currently DMC5 world. I know Kh3 isn't necessarily cut from the same cloth but those kinds of improvements would dramatically improve the kinda sluggish feeling gameplay. Also axe attraction flows.

Wanna go back since I haven't touched it since beating it. Just been to many games in my backlog that I wanna get through.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never really found blocking that slow, and with the addition of air blocking, it definitely is an improvement to the general concept, though KH2FM felt more natural and smooth with its block

I always disliked modern parrying, so it’s exclusion I personally don’t care for. After FFXV, and it’s clunky gameplay and parry system, I appreciate the simplicity in KH’s approach. I also didn’t feel any lag in response?

Finally! We all knew it was coming but I’m happy it’s finally here 

heres the image showing the game station

Game%20Central%20Station.jpg

Kinda weird seeing “USA” plastered on the walls lol. Especially considering apparently this version of Wreck it Ralph is a world created as a result of the real daybreak town and the data one colliding for some reason.

Curious if this will be a original story or be the films plot(which I’m curious how they’d do that if this world is a newly created world. Unless I got that wrong, which in that case, they could maybe say the data world they’ve been living in is a video game one which is tied to this world...somehow.)

19 hours ago, KHCast said:

Finally! We all knew it was coming but I’m happy it’s finally here 

heres the image showing the game station

Game%20Central%20Station.jpg

Kinda weird seeing “USA” plastered on the walls lol. Especially considering apparently this version of Wreck it Ralph is a world created as a result of the real daybreak town and the data one colliding for some reason.

Curious if this will be a original story or be the films plot(which I’m curious how they’d do that if this world is a newly created world. Unless I got that wrong, which in that case, they could maybe say the data world they’ve been living in is a video game one which is tied to this world...somehow.)

I wonder who the partner character(s) and the villain will be. 

Ralph is already in the game as a Link, so he's not likely. And then King Candy may be unavailable.

Game Central Station is coming to Union Cross, not KH3.

Also, I imagine the story content will be much of the same for most of the other worlds: original movie plus extra/filler stuff. If that's the case and we go to all three game worlds as well as GSC, then this'll definitely be the most varied KHUX world in terms of just visuals.

I just can't wait to see some WiR-inspired KH staples, namely the signature Keyblade. (I also wonder if we'll get an original boss Heartless or we just fight Cybug Candy.)

I’m curious how the film plot would work here for sure. Brain says how the wreck it Ralph world is a world outside of time, and for some reason is connected to their world. But the WiR film deals with not just the computer world, but the outside human world itself, the whole goal Ralph has is to prevent the humans from shutting off their games. So if the outside human world is gonna be relevant to the story in UX, why would this world be a world outside of time? It doesn’t sound any different than any other world. Like it doesn’t sound any more complex than radiant garden which has space paranoids inside it, and that world exists within time.

So i wrote my own idea on how I’d do the Pirates world in KH3 as I just was not satisfied with the story due to the lack of context to literally any of the film stuff. It’s probably not realistic, but this is what I’d have probably figured would work:

(Spoiled for size) 

Honestly, I would have made the Pirates world longer than the others personally due to the nature of the world and film. (Especially considering there’s no real final world akin to twtnw this time around. Make it a real “final” feeling Disney world. Drop the original story bits and random islands to better focus the world and its plot. The game already has inconsequential Disney stories that have very little bearing on the plot after all. Some Scenes/areas to make the Pirates world better imo:

-Singapore: Sora shows up during the battle and runs into everyone(gameplay: fighting a few waves of heartless and British soldiers), also show moment where Will establishes he’s a betrayer and needs to save his father and secures a ship

-will & Elizabeth explain what happened to jack and that they need to save him 

(Cue flashback to Norington giving Beckett the heart of Davy Jones) Sora exclaims the sea belongs to everyone, which catches the eyes of tia dalma. 

-they reach the end of the world and the ship and everyone falls down it(this basically would lead into the scene where you run into jack. Scene on the beach happens as is)

-show jack talking to his smaller versions of him and realizing how to get to the real world and running from side to side.(gameplay: heartless attempt to stop the crew from running side to side before green sunset, Sora needs to fight off them as everyone else is doing that, causing the boat to rock during the gameplay)

-They return to the real world

-After some gameplay and cutscenes in between this(I forgot what happens exactly in between this. I think they’re on a island and jack and barbossa have a conversation about jack running away and thinking he can live forever. You could maybe have this scene take place on the ship at some point, and have Sora give his input), Jack is bargaining with Beckett and escapes back to his ship so keep that scene but expand on it. 

-(not sure how but somehow incorporate sao fang dying and making Elizabeth captain. This is when they’d probably have to take some creative liberty with the events. Maybe at this point sao fangs ship arrives and takes everyone hostage, Will claims they had an agreement, but is backstabbed surprising everyone, barbossa bargains and claims they have calypso. Elizabeth is taken to his quarters, the dragon heartless thing shows up attacking both ships, and that boss battle happens. Sao fang dies during battle and passes on his rank to her. will is thrown in the brig for revealing his true intentions. We later hear that he escaped

-scene with will talking to Beckett and divulging the pirate plans. This is where Davy Jones would be introduced and finds out jack escaped and that they intend to release calypso.

-Pirates heads now to shipwreck cove. Barbossa secretly locks tia dalma up

-pirate lords scene happens, brief explanation to Sora about them by barbossa, they elect Elizabeth as king of the brethren court 

-Davy Jones talks to Tia dalma

(Gameplay: battle outside the cove, nobodies, signaling to Sora that the organization must be nearby)

-The Pirates crew trade jack for will

-Barbossa releases Calypso, (Sora says the words now that release her) 

-the final battle begins, Luxord appears attempting to take the box, says cryptic stuff to Sora, jack doesn’t care and breaths on him causing him to fall into the ocean. Luxord then decides to raise the kracken back from the dead. 

Basically everything in the final segment then plays out as it originally did in 3, with maybe the addition of the marriage during the battle scene and showing wills dad

You’d of course also need to weave in the typical friendship stuff into it.  it’s probably not that well thought out in the long run, but honestly with a property like Pirates, you’d can’t half ass it’s story and abridge it like they did in 3. The things like 3 hours long, so either do an original story, or put some effort into it.

Don't you like how they made a model for Tia Dalma(& the First Mate guy) and have her tease Sora with knowledge of what he is and power, only to disappear from the story entirely after those two or three scenes?

• Absolutely 2

Hey, I just thought of an idea for how the final boss should’ve been:

Spoiler

SDG and the other guardians (minus Kairi) siege Kingdom Hearts (not Scala) to go after Xehanort and release the 7 Princesses (6 of the new ones, just to be clear). Inside, they see Xehanort unleash his armored 12 Darknesses, and Xehanort himself don armor, wielding the dark-half of the χ-Blade, while Sora summons its light half. The whole area turns dark and red, into a volcano-like area. Here, you can choose two other party members while everyone else acts independent from the party as assistants. The available characters are:

-Riku

-Mickey

-Roxas

-Axel

-Xion

-Ventus

-Terra

-Aqua

Each Seeker of Darkness has their own health gauge of 6 bars (save for Xehanort, who has a gauge of around 19 bars). All Seekers must be defeated individually before you can properly battle Xehanort, because he will always cast Curaga on himself around his last 6 bars of health.

After the fight, Xehanort fuses with the center of Kingdom Hearts (a giant heart with two wings on either side of it) and becomes a half-angel being, engaging the other Guardians of Light as the area turns white and blue into a sea-like area. Whatever his health has been reduced to will carry over from the fight beforehand.

After that battle, Xehanort returns to normal (but without his black trench…vest…thing? I can’t really tell…?). Sora tries to finish off Xehanort with his light χ-Blade, only to be intercepted by Xehanort, who merely knocks Sora back and teleports everyone (except SDG) somewhere else. Xehanort, now wielding the Complete χ-Blade, unleashes darkness from it and fills Sora’s mind with an illusion of him as king of Kingdom Hearts (an illusion where Xehanort is dead and Mickey, Donald and Goofy have apparently “moved on”, according to the false Kairi.), and the game ends as a light flashes onwards, with Sora at his throne, with a C-Major Dearly Beloved playing in the background.

Okay, not really. A notice then pops up stating that the player is apparently playing an illegal copy of the game and the game can only be further accessed when the game releases legally. When “OK” is selected, it should take you back to the main menu, right? Wrong (because this only would’ve worked as normal with the stolen copies from back in December 2018.)! Because then Goofy screams for Sora not to be fooled (through the player’s controller; white, blurred-out text appears on the “legal notice” saying “Don’t be fooled, Sora!” and sticks around for the time that Goofy says this), and Sora wakes up from the illusion as Donald and Goofy block the stream of darkness spouting from the χ-Blade. SDG then engage Xehanort as the area around them now has a blue sky and a red sky.

After one last battle, Xehanort ceases to exist and fades away, proud that he was able to see what lied beyond the Keyblade War. After that, a giant flash of light appears.

SDG then appear out of the water, and they see Riku and Kairi cheering for their return on the Destiny Islands. The ending then plays out like it already does (save for Sora disappearing), and ends with Xehanort and Eraqus starting a new chess game.

Then cue the Epilogue, which plays as it already does (the only difference is that Luxigbar stays silent before his big reveal, and only Ira is present).

Bizkit047, one of the best and most well-known Kingdom Hearts speed-runners, and is behind several of the best runs and techniques for KH2FM did an over one hour review of Kingdom Hearts 3's combat.

This is gonna be good.

Hope this really changes up the way I play the game and will make me think a bit more than I did on my proud run. I’m definitely excited, but also nervous