Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

33 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The theatrical release I thought was late 2015. And idk, Square have been using quite a lot of Disney's newer films for KH3. Wouldn't surprise me if Disney wanted that for promotional reasons. Zootopia showing up in 3 wouldn't completely be unreasonable. Though I'd rather it show up in something after KH3.

abd I never said it WILL be in. Just that it potentially could.(though I'd assume all the medals used would tie into the Xehanort saga in some way, and since 3 is the end of it....though hey, I definitely can see them as summons if they aren't getting a world.)

It only just went into theatres in early March.

Anyway, anything has the potential to be in a future KH game. Anything being in Unchained X doesn't mean much at all for 3. Sure, something COULD happen, but that doesn't mean its likely to happen just because something shows up in Unchained X.

Chicken Little was released in 2005 and KH2 was released 2006, and he got a summon. So I wouldn't write off Zootopia showing up somehow in KH3. Doesn't have to be worlds.(though I've said it in the past, if world DLC is done and treated likeSmash character dlc in terms of development, Zootopia will likely be chosen for that if not a world in the base)

Honestly, when is Unchained going to be released in the UK? It's been nearly a full month since the US got it and we're still waiting for it.

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

Chicken Little was released in 2005 and KH2 was released 2006, and he got a summon. So I wouldn't write off Zootopia showing up somehow in KH3. Doesn't have to be worlds.(though I've said it in the past, if world DLC is done and treated likeSmash character dlc in terms of development, Zootopia will likely be chosen for that if not a world in the base)

I'm not writing anything off. I'm not saying anything except that "just because its in Unchained X doesn't mean it'll be in KH3." That's all I'm saying.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Disney game studios is basically dead. And even better, Disney is going the licensing route  like Marvel did with their IP's regarding video games.Here's a better explanation thanks to KHInsider 

In an investors meeting held today, Jimmy Pitaro, Disney's Chairman of Consumer Products and Interactive Media, confirmed that the company will be discontinuing Disney Infinity This decision came from the struggling toys-to-life market and high development costs, leading them to make the difficult decision to cancel Infinity and shut down internal developer Avalanche Studios, thereby laying off close to 300 staff. They will take a $147 million charge with consideration for severance for employees, company assets, etc.

In doing so, they will be changing their approach to console gaming and focusing on licensing their properties to third parties, much like what they've been doing with Electronic Arts and Star Wars. This does, however, pose potential dilemmas for Kingdom Hearts. If other developers license Disney properties, Square Enix would have to pay those developers to use them, which could limit which worlds and characters can appear in future installments. 

So this just makes things even harder for Square from here on out when wanting to get permission to use things. Likely not going to effect KH3, but future titles, probably. Before, they just simply had to ask Disney. Now, if, say, Disney licensed the game rights of Robin Hood, Lilo & Stitch, or any Disney property to a 3rd party like EA or SEGA, Square now also has to ask and pay them for rights to use it in KH, on top of asking Disney for permission. So...if Star Wars or Avengers wasn't considered for KH3, good luck getting them even now considering what they now have to do with basic Disney properties.

If anything positive is to come to this though, this could potentially push Square to add more representation from their own games if things end up getting too expensive from the Disney section. This could range from worlds, keyblades, bosses, summons perhaps being based on stuff like TWEWY, FF, Dragon Quest, more obscure Square games or even Tomb Raider(though that'd probably be summon content).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

So supposedly there was a "leak", and supposed release date, but people are already ripping it to shreds. It's pretty good for a fake if it is to be honest. I'm just happy to see a HD Aqua in motion period. Honestly up there with some of the crazy Smash leaks. Only big glaring problem id say making me lean towards fake(aside from shoulderless Aqua) is that DDDHD STILL doesn't have a Hud to show off if this is real.

Also yikes at the dislike bar!

THERE'S GONNA BE A BRAND NEW 2.8 TRAILER AT 5AM PST!!!! 0.2 gameplay is totally likely, and perhaps a release date and more!!!

YOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm far more interested in the Chi story now! Looks awesome! Also I think I hear Travis Willingham ooooh

But the end says KHIII is having announcements this winter... Does that mean we aren't getting anything at E3 or are they talking more about like, release dates?

We have to wait until Winter for KHIII news? =(

Hopefully to make up for it, they announce current gen I.5 and II.5.

They're trying to do the whole Smash thing I see like when Cloud was announced. Hope this doesn't mean no news until then.

Anyway OOOOHHHH SHIIIIIT. 0.2 looks so good! (Though Aqua sounds less like she did in the secret episode and more like she did in regular BBS which is a shame, and OOOH MAN WE'RE GONNA MAYBE SEE VEN AS WE SAW TERRA ALMOST! TERRA PLEASE DON'T BE CRAP!) And the gameplay definitely looks like a hybrid of 3 and BBS.  And Back Cover looks really cool too now. Like, I'm hyped for that. I wonder who the man in the coat is, as he sounds hilarious. lol. Is he the 6th master?

Anyway, December can't come sooner!!! AGH. 

Also geez calm down Youtube lol

iduiad.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

IM FUCKING WEAK. I DID NOT EXPECT THIS, AND IM FUCKING JEALOUS NOW

Game is like a perfect blend of 3 and BBS combat, and from what Skyward has said, it's not as floaty as BBS, not not as solid as 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

WHOOOOOOOOOO

BOYYYYYYYYYYYY

Like, that looked awesome. I can't wait to play it myself. Aqua looks so pretty, too. Also, Style Change is activated via Reaction Command! That's awesome in case you don't want to use it immediately.

EDIT:

YOU CAN SHOOT BLIZZARD AND GRIND ON THE ICE TRAIL IT LEAVES

• Thumbs Up 2

You guys think the 0.2 music is just a placeholder? Also, I hope during the interview and discussion about 2.8 they announce a global demo!

So Unchained X is confirmed for Europe in a few hours, everyone outside Japan is finally getting the Aqua medal(hopefully it isn't nerfed), and DDDHD is basically a final mix of the original. Not tons of newer, and sadly no global demo, but I'm still satisfied!

Is it in the daily rewards section? That's the little gift icon in the bottom right hand corner of the home section 

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Is it in the daily rewards section? That's the little gift icon in the bottom right hand corner of the home section 

I didn't see it. I got a notification about it this morning, but I accidentally cleared all of my notifications >_>

Started it as well myself; it's a bit laggy in the actual quests, but not too much and it will probably be patched somewhere on the line.

Dunno what difference brings selecting your allegiance aside from a different teacher though (i picked Leopardus).