Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

• 1 month later...

So couple things regarding KH3:

1. KH3 is in a good enough completion percentage that Square are looking for post-production workers now. This is good news as it makes the idea of a 2017 release more likely, especially with it being the 15th anniversary of the series then.

2. WE HAVE OFFICIAL KH3 PLAY ARTS FIGURES

Releasing early 2017 for $150, though I guarantee if there's a KH3 collectors edition, this figure would be included.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

figured i'd post this here considering that it might be new offical art with possible new kh3 character designs

• Thumbs Up 5

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuuuuck Riku and Kairi look awesome! Hope those are their KH3 outfits or something! Also KH3 Sora outfit in UX when? 

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

What if we'll have the option to have Sora wearing a hood? Dude, that'd be fucking badass.

Well, it looks to me like Sora MIGHT have a hood on his outfit, its just down right now.

He always has a hood, just never wears it in-game. It would be awesome if he had that option though is what I'm saying.

Also lol someone pointed out Kairi looks like she's part of team magma now lol

• Thumbs Up 1

It'd be cool if Sora's outfit actually changed to reflect the area he's in. For example in Argabah, his hood might be down in the main city part due to the obvious heat of the city. When he travels into the desert in Agrabah, he puts his hood up due to possible sandstorms hitting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Rewatched some Kingdom Hearts III trailers again and it's reminding me of my frustration of games being announced way too early

2013 trailer - Now in development

2014 trailer - Now in development

2015 trailer - Now in development

2016 trailer - Announcement coming this winter!

Call me entitled or whatever but ten years for the next mainline Kingdom Hearts title? Pretty ridiculous and the other games that got released aren't enough to hold me off because I'm always asking "when's Kingdom Hearts III?" What's to be expected from this announcement? I do not know but it'll be nice to have a release date at least. Final Fantasy XV especially, hate to be grim about it too but people have probably died waiting for these games and to quote a video I watched about Kingdom Hearts III some of the best games in Gen 6 got released 1 year or 2 between each other. Development of Kingdom Hearts III, FFXV and Re: Final Fantasy VII has been getting in the way of Final Fantasy XIV resulting in some very mediocre patches because money has been going into the before mentioned games.

Final Fantasy IX - 2000

Final Fantasy X - 2001

Final Fantasy XI - 2002

All 3 are great games released one year within each other and there's hardly any flaws with them techinically, Why's the third title of Kingdom Hearts taking so long?

4 minutes ago, Komaru Naegi said:

All 3 are great games released one year within each other and there's hardly any flaws with them, Why's the third title of Kingdom Hearts taking so long?

Top 3 Excuses:

1. Kairi's training took 10 years

2. Kingdom Hearts took ten years to rebuild after it was destroyed in KH2

3. Xehanort was getting his head waxed.

• Thumbs Up 5

22 minutes ago, Komaru Naegi said:

Rewatched some Kingdom Hearts III trailers again and it's reminding me of my frustration of games being announced way too early

2013 trailer - Now in development

2014 trailer - Now in development

2015 trailer - Now in development

2016 trailer - Announcement coming this winter!

Call me entitled or whatever but ten years for the next mainline Kingdom Hearts title? Pretty ridiculous and the other games that got released aren't enough to hold me off because I'm always asking "when's Kingdom Hearts III?" What's to be expected from this announcement? I do not know but it'll be nice to have a release date at least. Final Fantasy XV especially, hate to be grim about it too but people have probably died waiting for these games and to quote a video I watched about Kingdom Hearts III some of the best games in Gen 6 got released 1 year or 2 between each other. Development of Kingdom Hearts III, FFXV and Re: Final Fantasy VII has been getting in the way of Final Fantasy XIV resulting in some very mediocre patches because money has been going into the before mentioned games.

Final Fantasy IX - 2000

Final Fantasy X - 2001

Final Fantasy XI - 2002

All 3 are great games released one year within each other and there's hardly any flaws with them, Why's the third title of Kingdom Hearts taking so long?

Because Nomura was busy working on FFXV throughout all those years, and that game suffered from development problems with the developers wanting to make an open world game with FFXIII's shitty engine that doesn't work for those kinds of games(plus the PS3's hard to work for hardware). Because of that Nomura and the main KH team stayed busy with that game for years till finally Nomura handed the project to Tabata and started work on KH3. Now another thing stands: Nomura is now directing the FFVII remake(Basically he switched from FFXV to FFVII). That means that Nomura is now the main guy behind 2 of Square's biggest projects ever that need to deliver on unbelievable expectations. Obviously that means both will take a bit of time.

Also those 3 games that you mentioned are not a fair comparison. Each of them was made by 3 separate teams. FFIX(Made by a team comprising of mostly new developers) started development after FFVII, FFX(Made by the main team that made VII and VIII) started development after FFVIII and FFXI(Made by a new team formed specifically for the game and later on FFXIV) started development in 1999. Since they were made by 3 separate teams of course they were able to release them yearly.

The fact that the developers of FFXV kept being pulled away from the project yearly to help out with the making 3 shitty FFXIII games didn't help.

So short answer: Messed up priorities from the company executives and the fact that it was Nomura's team working on all 3 of the upcoming games for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 4

Let's also not forget the fact that KH3 didn't actually start development until roughly around the time they said it was in development. Nomura had ideas for it since BBS, but technically, BBS was the next "main line" KH game after KH2.

15 hours ago, pppp said:

The fact that the developers of FFXV kept being pulled away from the project yearly to help out with the making 3 shitty FFXIII games didn't help.

So short answer: Messed up priorities from the company executives and the fact that it was Nomura's team working on all 3 of the upcoming games for a long time.

Thanks for clearing that up but still feel bad for those people who have given up on it, like me almost, even more annoyed that we're essentially getting a tech demo for Kingdom Hearts III with 0.2 that should have been the prologue for III (Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes anyone?) and included with III really better impress me. 10 years of waiting can really damage some people's hype.

Also, XIII-2 and LR are great games and what XIII should have aspired to be

• 3 weeks later...

So, I picked up two Kingdom Hearts mangas when I was on Holiday, specifically, Volume 3 of KH2 (I got Volumes 1 & 2 last year on Holiday) and Chain of Memories, meaning I have all of KH1, KH2, and Chain of Memories. I did happen upon all five volumes of 358/2 Days, but didn't buy any because it's a normal sized Manga book and were £10 a pop. In contrast, Chain of Memories/KH2 was more closer to the 3 in 1 Manga collections, and were £13. So as much as I love 358/2 Days' story, I ain't paying that much for it.

Chain of Memories' manga adaption was surprisingly a lot better than the game version in my opinion, and fixes up a whole bunch of pacing issues I thought was too highlighted in the games. For example, instead of splitting up the actual interesting story between repeats of KH1 worlds with the same story as the original game, there's only one returning Disney world, and it has a total original plot this time. This world is Aladdin and while it has the same basic concept (Aladdin gets sent on a mission to get a magic lamp), it's changed up enough to be it's own unique thing. It adds in different things like Jasmine being held hostage by Jafar, and after Aladdin uses his second wish to free Genie, and then they realize that Jafar will only free Jasmine in return for the Genie, Sora, Donald, and Goofy go in disguise as genies, complete with forcing Goofy to rush outside and praise Jafar in an attempt to convince him they granted his wish of ruling Argabah. The art is also a mix of over the top, and really well done and leads to some extremely funny reaction shots.

Haven't read the third volume of KH2 yet, but it seems the story will be incomplete. Does anyone know if a forth volume was made in Japan, and just never translated, or if it was even made at all? I'm legit curious here.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

So umm...Kingdom Hearts X is done and...Jesus, leave it to Square and Disney to give you a false sense of innocence and wonder, and then throw you into a pit suddenly or heartache and darkness. 

Spoiler

So everyone essentially does. We all know that, its a given given where the series is from BBS onwards. But sweet Jesus, the lead up to it is just as sad as halo reach imo. We know how it turns out, but it's the journey not the destination. So couple things we learn:

-Luxu apparently spilled everything to Master Ava, but she won't share to anyone what. All we know is the Master of Masters set this up and has been using everyone as a pawn so in a way can be considered the true antagonist(though only because we don't know his full motives as of now.)

-the dark Chirithy is the players, created from "sins" which is what lux is. Sins are I'm guessing the Japanese equivalent of darkness. We've been gathering sins essentially for the whole game and "converting" it to light.

-The dandelion kids supposedly went into the future somehow to avoid the war.

-this is supposedly just according to the Master, the 1st war.

-The main character dies at the end but is seen in a heaven looking version of the Keyblade graveyard when Skulld and Ephemera approach him. Skulld is apparently hinted to be a goddess, and Ephemera and the player have one last emotional conversation. The last line Ephemera says is fully voiced.

-it's implied Ephemera and Skuld both died as well.

There's still a lot of vagueness, but hopefully UX, Back Cover and 3 shed more light on things. Also I'm really hoping the reincarnation theory is actually true to some degree. It seems all too obvious 

• Thumbs Up 1

well kingdom hearts X (chi) has one last surprise for us that came out today (and people have already translated it ^-^)

Spoiler

but Incase you haven't already seen the main ending 

And now for the hidden ending Unchained 0

Spoiler

WHAT. THE. FUCKING. FUCK.

Spoiler

So I was right that all of X was a dream! But this for sure was post KH:Recoded Malaficent. How the fuck is she here?!?! Could this be similar to how Mickey and Donald and goofy seem surprised by there being more Keyblade weilders?

also safe to say we're now in the world of Unchained 

18 minutes ago, KHCast said:
  Hide contents

So I was right that all of X was a dream! But this for sure was post KH:Recoded Malaficent. How the fuck is she here?!?! Could this be similar to how Mickey and Donald and goofy seem surprised by there being more Keyblade weilders?

Spoiler

well think about it If Maleficent is the one who caused several worlds to get dragged into the darkness then what world would likely be the first to get sucked into the darkness?

she also seemed to mention pete so it can't be that wonky time travel trick from ddd.

1 hour ago, kirby1up said:

Hide contents

well think about it If Maleficent is the one who caused several worlds to get dragged into the darkness then what world would likely be the first to get sucked into the darkness?

she also seemed to mention pete so it can't be that wonky time travel trick from ddd.

Spoiler

Maybe she found the book of prophecy in the current day and used it to somehow transport her back here? 

Im also curious to know if back cover will take place in X or unchained X's interpretation of this...

And is this the real enchanted domain? Or a projection?

Just now, KHCast said:

Saw that earlier. Yep makes sense, but isn't FFXV still going on Xbox One in Japan?

Yes, but that's probably because they're too close to release to cancel.

• Thumbs Up 1

It just gets more and more obvious these titles weren't originally gonna be on that system.(the HD collections, Squares history with Microsoft, aka rise of the tomb raiders timed exclusivity deal) They really had no faith in the Xbox One as a legit system for their games