Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

53 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Sounds like overhyped speculation. I mean square came out what less than 3 weeks ago to basically say do not expect to see this game for at least another 2 years.

No they didn't. Your twisting words to make your argument. There was a article essentially saying a bunch of games, including KH3, were scheduled to release within the next 3 or so years. They never once specifically said anything about KH3. And it's not "overhyped speculation". There's nothing unrealistic about a release date/window being laid out.

30 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Y'all.

Y'all.

Y'all.

Y'all.

Anyway that was super cool. It's nice to get more story instead of just Sora constantly killing stuff. Oh, I noticed that the Command Deck said Second Form at one point. I couldn't really tell since my quality was lower, but was he in his KHII outfit at that point?

Yeah. Looks like his KH2 outfit will be linked to forms or something. Similar to how limit form had him in a outfit similar to his KH1 attire 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Sounds like overhyped speculation. I mean square came out what less than 3 weeks ago to basically say do not expect to see this game for at least another 2 years.

No, Square came out and said you can expect both KH3 and Final Fantasy 7 Remake by 2020. That means 2018/2019 could be KH3's release for all we know.

Edit: Aaaaaaand didn't notice KHCast's post above.

• Thumbs Up 4

" As part of Square Enix's recent financial results, the company listed both RPGs as fiscal 2018 and beyond releases. Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda added that "we plan to launch each of these upcoming titles in the next three years or so." "

" Now this timeframe fits with what Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake director Tetsuya Nomura expressed earlier this year, saying both games "still have a way to go." "

Well fact remains regardless on both ends of the spectrum are simply speculation. Knowing how square handled FFXV I do not expect this till mid 2018 then i expect close to it that it will be delayed until  fall or winter.

That doesn't really change your point? Yes, they're planning to launch each title in the next three years. That could be anywhere in that timespan, not the very last possible moment. And if we were to make the assumption that KH3's development/concept/whatever began in Early 2013 after Dream Drop Distance, it would have roughly the same amount of development time that KH2 had between KH1's release and KH2's release (I.E roughly four to five years).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That doesn't really change your point? Yes, they're planning to launch each title in the next three years. That could be anywhere in that timespan, not the very last possible moment. And if we were to make the assumption that KH3's development/concept/whatever began in Early 2013 after Dream Drop Distance, it would have roughly the same amount of development time that KH2 had between KH1's release and KH2's release (I.E roughly four to five years).

A concept to reality are two different things. In the next three years or so. If anything they could go onto 4 years if need be. Already the graphics have sharply improved from 2015 to now. If anything square knows this is one of their money makers for their investors and if it means pushing it back to get it perfect they will just like FFXV. The investors come first when it comes to a company. And it could be shorter. I know its easy these days to hype up fans by tossing out a trailer here and there but having a solid release date can work just as well. I was in middle school when KH2 came out I am not in graduate. Still waiting on 3 has been a lifetime in itself

Jim sterlings thoughts. Basically, probably gonna love the game, but fucking hates how the story has shifted focus on the original characters this much, and how only NOW are we getting 3.(he hates Roxas ;_;) Can't say I disagree with him overall on this. Also expect a jimquisition on KH sometime soon. 

Usually I'm not a fan of DLC to hd collections, but days hd really needed some extra shit to it, and that scene was a big one that needed to be there

I have to agree with him on the simplicity of the game. KH1's plot is pretty empty when you look at it, and it's gameplay can get pretty old pretty fast. Personally, I'm fine with Disney characters being relegated to the worlds they're from with exceptions, I get what Johnny means, but idk, I think it's fine as a crossover with the route it chose to go regarding how the Disney and final fantasy features function. (Not that I wouldn't have minded something like Cloud, Aladdin and Jack fighting with you in the same battle lol)

Question: Is theater mode in KH1 freezing for everyone else? It just goes to a black screen and stays there for me.

• 1 month later...

New trailer tomorrow guys! Just leaving a reminder. What're you expecting to see? We know it's confirmed to be "normal news" so a release date is likely not gonna show up. However in terms of worlds and story, I'm hoping for a more in depth look at tangled and BH6 along with the new world. We've seen like nothing outside Olympus coliseum. Fuck, we barely have seen twilight town even.

In terms of the new world, I'm hoping it's one of the following: Star Wars, cause, well it's fucking Star Wars and that'd be fun, Princess &a the frog, cause voodoo and Mardi Gras themed world and we need more black people, Toy Story since Nomura has wanted it in since like KH2 and we even had data for summons, preferrebly would like it based on TS3 personally. And last, I'd hope for it to be Atlantis cause that world would've beautiful. Frozen is a given so Square don't even need to announce it tbh lol.

story wise, I wanna see some of the Disney characters from these worlds interacting with Sora. Rapunzels confirmed a party member, how about show her in action? Maybe show off the bh6 crew in a cutscene against dark baymax? and I also wanna see Terra, Aqua or Ven teased. And for the love of god, show us Riku and Kairi's new costumes haha

• Thumbs Up 2

To be honest I'm expecting something that's a "given" like a Frozen world or a look at the BH6 world.

But I'm HOPING for some out there pick like Marvel or Star Wars. It would actually kind of make sense since it's at the show with Spider-Man PS4 and Battlefront.

Other than that, more gameplay stuff and Riku and Kairi's new outfits pls

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

But I'm HOPING for some out there pick like Marvel or Star Wars. It would actually kind of make sense since it's at the show with Spider-Man PS4 and Battlefront

Considering battlefront is gonna be at D23 as well with KH3, it would make sense

edit: didn't read the part where you said basically what I just said haha whoops. But yeah, Frozen would be vey underwhelming, but since Nomura has been trying to calm the flames, wouldn't surprise me 

well I'm happy to report that tomorrow's D23 game showcase will be streamed on motobug  at  4:00 pm - 5:00 pm est  tomorrow. 

https://cytu.be/r/Motobug  :D

as for some of my guesses. at worse it will be tangled (though being able to see the lantern scene would be pretty great)

at best we finally get the death star as a world (darth vader boss for the win baby.)

even better if we somehow get a 90's x-men world. complete with secret deadpool boss encounter 

interesting news. Release date is most certainly a placeholder. Still tho, 2019 is seeming to be a reasonable date. Also no wonder we haven't heard anything music wise from KH3 yet

4 hours ago, Josh said:

To be honest I'm expecting something that's a "given" like a Frozen world or a look at the BH6 world.

But I'm HOPING for some out there pick like Marvel or Star Wars. It would actually kind of make sense since it's at the show with Spider-Man PS4 and Battlefront.

Other than that, more gameplay stuff and Riku and Kairi's new outfits pls

They confirmed a new world. BH6 isn't new. We might see gameplay footage of the BH6 world, but that's not the world which is going to be shown off.

I don't want a Marvel or Star Wars world until after KH3. Doesn't seem right to me.

Frozen is absolutely going to be in, which is why I hope we DON'T get it next, because we know its coming. But I wouldn't be surprised if they announced Frozen.

I still don't get why "it doesn't seem right" Star Wars since 3's announcement has been one of the, if not the, most requested properties to see show up in 3. In that regard with hype and promotion and demand and all that, it makes hella sense.:/ like if you don't personally wanna see it cause it's not your thing, that's one thing, but acting like it's a bad move to make when so far it looks like it'd be the opposite is a bit eh...

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't have an issue with a Star Wars world in KH3, but if they didn't include one, I don't think I'd be heartbroken either. I'm fine either way. From a marketing perspective, it could work. And I think it could even work well in the story if they find a way to fit it in there. But again, personally, I could take it or leave it.

Toy story is finally gonna make its debut in a kingdom hearts game. I can die happy now.

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, KHCast said:

Toy Story since Nomura has wanted it in since like KH2 and we even had data for summons

Thank you for finally being right for once

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Thank you for finally being right for once

Wasn't it found that there was even plans for it to be in KH1?

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Wasn't it found that there was even plans for it to be in KH1?

Disney didn't own Pixar at that point I thought

Can't wait for 2018 to transform into 2020 in the near future.

No, but seriously, FINALLY a release window for this bloody game! Nomura, at least you didn't disappoint in that regard.

Also Toy Story world looks slick as fuk.