Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

Meh, to me it makes the films neatly wrapped up ending arc between sully and boo feel lesser if we end up with a story involving her again. 

9 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

nd why Hades/Maleficent are in Olympus. 

Also side bit: KH has never done the Hercules film, so Olympus being “original” is par for the course 

• Thumbs Up 1

well speaking of continued stories there's a chance that the tangled world could take place during the first half tv series since rapunzel managed to get her hair back (at least until the tv series is over anyways)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Also side bit: KH has never done the Hercules film, so Olympus being “original” is par for the course 

However the games take place clearly after the movie. It's gonna be jarring if they just retread the Mount Olympus scenes.

And admittedly stuff like the Disney World's not exactly getting fleshed out realms of lore well enough has been one of this series' issues in making Disney "The Artifact " as Tv Tropes calls it. 

1 minute ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

However the games take place clearly after the movie. It's gonna be jarring if they just retread the Mount Olympus scenes.

And admittedly stuff like the Disney World's not exactly getting fleshed out realms of lore well enough has been one of this series' issues in making Disney "The Artifact " as Tv Tropes calls it. 

The closet you could get to the films is BBS and possibly 2, since meg worked for hades secretly and he still had her statue thing.

4 minutes ago, kirby1up said:

well speaking of continued stories there's a chance that the tangled world could take place during the first half tv series since rapunzel managed to get her hair back (at least until the tv series is over anyways)

Is the tangled show canon? I thought it took place in her imagination 

Just now, KHCast said:

it is apparently the short "tangled ever after" takes place after the tv series

13 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The closet you could get to the films is BBS and possibly 2, since meg worked for hades secretly and he still had her statue thing.

The thing is that by 2, she's not working for him anymore which implies stuff went down in between them, ergo events akin to the movie.

15 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Nope, it's indeed been confirmed canon by Disney.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if they’ve ever based a world in kh(especially the main entries) off a television series, so not sure if this would be a first or exception, but we’ll have to see. We have like no information on that world so it could go either way, however considering square  went out of there way with BH6 and Toy story to proudly go on about those worlds having original stories, but not with tangled...I’m leaning towards my thought of it being during the film

It's probably during the film, it might even be a straight adaptation. Monsters Inc isn't a movie with much wiggle room to tell an original story

Still kind of doubt the leak is real in general though. We'll see.

1 hour ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

The thing is that by 2, she's not working for him anymore which implies stuff went down in between them, ergo events akin to the movie.

Having not seen the movie, I'm utterly confused by the game events. The first game is obviously an excuse plot for arena fights and Cloud, while BBS establishes the training part with Young Herc.

I assumed KH2 was following the plot loosely with Meg which I knew about the movie.

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Having not seen the movie, I'm utterly confused by the game events. The first game is obviously an excuse plot for arena fights and Cloud, while BBS establishes the training part with Young Herc.

I assumed KH2 was following the plot loosely with Meg which I knew about the movie.

Pretty much. Essentially most of what happens with the final "showdown" of sorts between Herc and Hades near the end of the film happens during the second visit to the Olympus World in KH2.

Kingdom Hearts 1 at best maybe pays homage to the series, not the movie though.

SO apparently they might be then doing a take on the scene where Hades invades Olympus with the Titans in KH3...except that scene happened before the scenes that KH2 plays out. Yeah, if that's what they're going to do, prepare to be even more confused pal.

Well, there's a reason Olympus remains one of my least favourite worlds in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Well, there's a reason Olympus remains one of my least favourite worlds in the series.

It's not quite up there with Atlantica (because fuck that world's inconsistency in both gameplay and plot between KH1 and KH2), but yeah, in hindsight, I find it one of the most potent examples of how flimsy Disney Worlds and their plots tend to be treated in this series lately.

1 minute ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

It's not quite up there with Atlantica (because fuck that world's inconsistency in both gameplay and plot between KH1 and KH2), but yeah, in hindsight, I find it one of the most potent examples of how flimsy Disney Worlds and their plots tend to be treated in this series lately.

I think for me, it boils down to in KH1 - It's all arena fights with Sora's clunkier and slower combat while in KH2, it involves a ton of backtracking and doing things that is ultimately pointless and makes the characters look stupid. Why would Sora think it's a good idea to try to reason with Hades for example?

4 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

Why would Sora think it's a good idea to try to reason with Hades for example?

Because sadly he's the same kid who thought going into a Castle literally named "Oblivion" and being told he'll lose memories right out the gate, yet still persisting to continue (never-mind the obvious problems that could've caused aside from what actually happened) and was on board with Jack Skellington's  idea to give a heartless a heart just to see it dance (nevermind the damage the heartless did to his world in the first place). That's just to name a few bouts of wall-banging stupidity I've seen when it comes to how the writers handle Sora.

I like the kid as a character when he's at his best, but damn, when he's dumb, the backlash is warranted to a T.

3 minutes ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

Because sadly he's the same kid who thought going into a Castle literally named "Oblivion" and being told he'll lose memories right out the gate, yet still persisting to continue (never-mind the obvious problems that could've caused aside from what actually happened)

To be fair, OXIII was baiting him at the same time by claiming they wiped important memories from him and the only way to regain those memories would be to go through the castle. Sora knew that likely meant whoever (Namine) was forgotten was in danger if the Organisation knew about them and he didn't.

Obviously, that wasn't the case and the whole thing was bait, but there was manipulation and more that was going on, especially later in the game when they begin toying with Sora to anger him and make him desperate to only care for Namine and no one else.

There's no defending HalloweenTown though, that was complete stupidity.

19 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

I think for me, it boils down to in KH1 - It's all arena fights with Sora's clunkier and slower combat while in KH2, it involves a ton of backtracking and doing things that is ultimately pointless and makes the characters look stupid. Why would Sora think it's a good idea to try to reason with Hades for example?

Sora planned to beat the shit out of him until he complied because that's how he handles everything. He just ended up being stronger than they thought.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JovahexeonXMAS Tron Bonne said:

At least KH3’s version of the world looks to be the best version. And story wise I appreciated how it deviates from the source material for the most part with a couple nods.

3 hours ago, kirby1up said:

it is apparently the short "tangled ever after" takes place after the tv series

Not to mention that at the end of the original film, Flynn said he proposed to Rapunzel multiple times before she finally said yes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was literally on that page haha. But yeah, not too surprised as it was said this was going to be part of KH3 at one point. Not sure how it would have worked given the enemy ai’s difficulty in certain cases and the bosses clearly not being turorial based. Guess they would have scaled it or something?

31 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I was literally on that page haha. But yeah, not too surprised as it was said this was going to be part of KH3 at one point. Not sure how it would have worked given the enemy ai’s difficulty in certain cases and the bosses clearly not being turorial based. Guess they would have scaled it or something?

Its possible that they upped the difficulty after making it standalone.

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m trying to imagine demon tide, final boss version, being dumbed down to be tutorial based lol. Along with zodiac aqua. Wow that would have been interesting. Would Aqua have still been high leveled I wonder?(and would backtracking to open all chests and shit be there?)

Anyway, probably for the best it wasn’t a tutorial. We didn’t need another KH2 scenario.(plus, not all the features in 3 would have been introduced in that tutorial) The final scenes wil probably play at the beginning of 3 though. Especially since Xbox owners were fucked out of 2.8 entirely 

• 2 weeks later...

So D23 japan is next month. And KH3 is confirmed to take center stage. Any guesses on what we’ll see? With the news today regarding a DJ remixing battle and field music for a specific world, and his music is more edm based, 

gonna guess whatever he’s talking about will be revealed soon, and I’m gonna guess that will be at D23 Japan, since this is dj is from Japan. The world in question? Confident it’s Big Hero 6. It’s high time they show it off. And it just makes too much sense to show it there. I’m also guessing they’ll reveal Frozen given that films popularity in japan.

Yeah, I think now is a good time to announce Frozen. Get out a few pretty big worlds earlier, now show off Big Hero 6 to get people really hyped for how that world looks, show off another returning world like Radiant Garden, then finally announce Frozen.

I’m also hoping for a collectors edition reveal or something, but that’s probably more a E3 thing. Showing the box art tho I think is reasonable.(and Riku and Kairi finally)

oh, and that DJ I referenced PHI? His latest two vids he removed. Not sure why, but they were 2 months old like all the others, and conveniently they were getting the most traction after his KH affiliation was out of the bag. Maybe he wasn’t supposed to say anything yet?