Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

2 minutes ago, KHCast said:

The evil stepsisters and mother were killed in BBS, so unless they’re brought back suddenly for no reason-*remembers its KH*... ughhh.

Ursula in Kingdom Hearts 2.

Like, not only is she back without explanation unlike Oogie Boogie, but the characters, despite remembering their last venture there, all seem to have magically forgotten about killing her or their last encounter with her.....all for the sake of emulating the movie's plot again!

34 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Hunchback, I'd like to see but it might be awkward to try do the first movie's plot again

Bringing up Atalantica in KH2 has just made me realize, that ain't even a blockade now. Good grief. :U

I don’t think it’d be the first film. The sleeping worlds dream up events that already happened. So by the time the world fell to darkness, Hunchback 1 had already happened. 

Also I like to think they retconned Atlantica in 2, moving forward, so Sora is recalling Ursula from 1 in3D’s beginning 

15 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Also I like to think they retconned Atlantica in 2, moving forward, so Sora is recalling Ursula from 1 in3D’s beginning 

That's stupid at worst and unexplained at best on Nomura's part if that's what he's trying to go for. Besides, there's nothing really specifying such anyway there.

Well, she recalls who Riku is as well in 3D. That’s all I’m going off of. Riku doesn’t interact with her in 2, so she doesn’t recall who he is. For all intensive purposes Ursula seems to have no memory of Maleficent or the heartless from 1 in KH2. Otherwise, she’d have called the heartless back to Atlantica using her darkness 

ehh wouldn't surprise me if maleficent brought ursula back from the dead like she did to oggie boogie.

also hades does control the underworld sooo..

The underworld of his world. The game’s don’t take into consideration the show adaptions iirc. Agrabah and Olympus in KH are two separate worlds/universes

I'm sorry but why does everybody say that Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were killed in BbS? Because I see absolutely no evidence of that.

The Cursed Coach threw a bomb at them, yes, but we don't see them get blown up. The fact they can clearly be heard screaming after it explodes tells me they survived. Chances are it just blew up close enough to them to scare them away.

Aqua says the darkness took them(which is the equivalent of death to me even if temporary in most cases), and we don’t see them afterwards, and no shit they’re not gonna show them blow up in a children’s game. It’s on the same level of death in my eyes as frollo commiting suicide in 3D. Characters have blatantly died in the series, even if they’re brought  back.

and sorry, but if most sees it as death, there’s probably a reason for it. It’s not baseless. There’s a clear implication that they either died or got sent to the dark realm. Which may as well be hell. Point being I don’t see Cinderella ms world returning 

Again,  if Ursula could come back in KH2 with no explanation,  Temaine and company well have a shot,  dead or just consumed by darkness. 

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

The underworld of his world. The game’s don’t take into consideration the show adaptions iirc. Agrabah and Olympus in KH are two separate worlds/universes

Yeah, because addressing a potentially cool idea like that would break the golden rule that hinders Kingdom Hearts' crossover factor severely.

5 hours ago, KHCast said:

The evil stepsisters and mother were killed in BBS, so unless they’re brought back suddenly for no reason-*remembers its KH*... ughhh.

I’m very well aware they could come back. 

13 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Yeah, because addressing a potentially cool idea like that would break the golden rule that hinders Kingdom Hearts' crossover factor severely.

This would create more limitations vs creating more unique opportunities since we’d have to consider the worlds all in one bubble/universe to have hades be the underworld of all worlds. It would create tons of contradictions within itself. This also would create limitations because throughout KH we go through multiple different versions of earth. We’ve seen America in multiple different worlds. How do we explain them all living in the same space? The different universes logic makes sense.

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

we’d have to consider the worlds all in one bubble/universe to have hades be the underworld of all worlds.

Eh, considering how the Auron is the same Auron from Final Fantasy X, no we wouldn't really have to.

Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Kingdom Hearts has pulled a thin stretch with a leap of logic, so even if that were the theory you're suggesting to be, if anything it'd just be par the course with the writing brain train for the series.

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I’m very well aware they could come back. 

Well, I mean if that's your main argument for the Cinderella world not returning in the first place, then I'm not seeing it. :U

Hello. I have never played any kind of Kingdom Hearts game.

I'll make this short and simple.

Where do I start with this series?

1 minute ago, Polkadi said:

Hello. I have never played any kind of Kingdom Hearts game.

I'll make this short and simple.

Where do I start with this series?

Get Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4. It contains the first six mainline games. Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, CoM, and BBS are playable, 358/2 Days and re:Coded are movies. 

Recommended order is: 

-Kingdom Hearts 1

-358/2 Days

-Chain of Memories (This and 358 can be switched if you want)

-Kingdom Hearts 2 

-Birth by Sleep (Prequel to the series, but you'll understand it more with knowledge of the other games)

-Kingdom Hearts re:Coded. 

If you like those, the final three titles are in a bundle called 2.8.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Recommended order is: 

-Kingdom Hearts 1

-358/2 Days

-Chain of Memories (This and 358 can be switched if you want)

Actually, @Polkadi, considering how 358/2 Days spoils some things from Chain of Memories you definitely want to handle CoM before that one.

Shame that the Ps4 collection version of 358/2 Days is a boring movie instead of the DS game, but I digress.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Actually, @Polkadi, considering how 358/2 Days spoils some things from Chain of Memories you definitely want to handle CoM before that one.

Shame that the Ps4 collection version of 358/2 Days is a boring movie instead of the DS game, but I digress.

I say 358 in any order because if you play it before CoM, you might be able to find some kind of understanding for their actions in CoM. The only thing it spoils really is the kind of obvious point given KH2 exists.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I say 358 in any order because if you play it before CoM, you might be able to find some kind of understanding for their actions in CoM. The only thing it spoils really is the kind of obvious point given KH2 exists.

Yeah, but for a newcomer, there's a good reason why it's ordered with CoM coming before 358/2 Days which both come before Kingdom Hearts 2 order wise in the collection.

It's for the best conveyance of plot. Besides, considering how a lot of the goals of certain characters by the end of 358/2 Days are tied heavily into stuff that happened near the end of Chains of Memories, it's definitely best to finish that before 358/2 Days.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm well aware that it's the generally better order but it's not strict, you can play either or and get the story relatively fine. Where if you play KH2, there's a lot of CoM details needed.

Also, you want that mission mode crap on a HD console? :U

9 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

The movie was better than the boring ass game imo 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Polkadi said:

how about i play 358/2 Days and CoM

simultaneously

Uhhhh, about that. You can't exactly play 358/2 Days unless you have a DS unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Also, you want that mission mode crap on a HD console? :U

Hey, at least we'd have had playable Donald, Goofy and Organization Members in HD. :U

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

The movie was better than the boring ass game imo 

Ehhhh, doesn't help that some scenes aren't handled well, especially since in quite a few cases, they didn't bother to make scenes bridging the gaps between cutscenes.

If they'd actually bothered to make an actual "movie" I'd agree, but as it is, it's faulty as fuck.

And then there's Re:Coded the movie which is all kinds of "NOPE".

12 hours ago, Jovahexeon Ghost Trick said:

Ehhhh, doesn't help that some scenes aren't handled well, especially since in quite a few cases, they didn't bother to make scenes bridging the gaps between cutscenes.

If they'd actually bothered to make an actual "movie" I'd agree, but as it is, it's faulty as fuck.

And then there's Re:Coded the movie which is all kinds of "NOPE".

No offence, but...

358/2 Days: missing a bunch of scenes = "faulty as fuck"

Re:Coded: improves on that very issue by including just about everything = "all kinds of NOPE"

...I don't get it.

...I mean, besides the fact Re:Coded's plot as a whole is shite, but still.

13 minutes ago, SaberX said:

As someone who actually played and defeated every damn thing in 358, I disagree. 358 movie is way better than the DS, mainly because of the limitations of the DS in those cutscenes, plus the fact the movie itself has some new cutscenes made of some scenes that didn't look good in any way, because they used DS character models and those lack any kinda of life.

Plus the game it self is kinda boring with some repeated missions and bad equip system. It would be a smart move if instead of a movie they develop a remake of this game.

I liked 358/2 Days DS enough, but come on, you gotta admit doing all that stuff in full console graphics would make the experience a lot more tolerable/fun.

15 minutes ago, SaberX said:

Plus the game it self is kinda boring with some repeated missions and bad equip system. It would be a smart move if instead of a movie they develop a remake of this game.

This. They should've done that from the get-go hands down. Precisely my point!

3 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Re:Coded: improves on that very issue by including just about everything

The best thing about Re:Coded was its gameplay. Take that away and we're left with a painfully repetitive and even more boring story.

Huh, I guess I'm the only one who actually liked 358/2 Days DS, certain bullshit like that one Neverland boss aside.

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

Huh, I guess I'm the only one who actually liked 358/2 Days DS, certain bullshit like that one Neverland boss aside.

I liked it too, but the mission structure and pacing was terrible, even I'll admit. And the skills system needs  some serious reworking.

Either way though, even I'll agree to preferring the DS version over the HD version.

• Thumbs Up 1